Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Xelkelvos posted:

That spice probably contains the bit of brain that'll explain why Lalaco hates her daughter and her daughter's father so much and her ultimate plans

She has her father's eyes :haw:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

point of return
Aug 13, 2011

by exmarx

hoobajoo posted:

You're right, I guess all that really says is Lalaco is a better anime parent than Ragyo or Gendo. Not really close to earning that "World's Best Mom" mug.

the "Anime's Best Mom" mug pretty much permanently belongs to Madoka's mom.

She fills it with alcohol.

smenj
Oct 10, 2012

point of return posted:

the "Anime's Best Mom" mug pretty much permanently belongs to Madoka's mom.

She fills it with alcohol.

I dunno, Satoru's mum in Erased might've nabbed it now.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

If Madoka's mum was so good she wouldn't have let her go off and become god :colbert:

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Junko would have been excellent as just Madoka's mum, but not as a mum of a superhero. Madoka could not trust her with the secrets of the magical girls, the the show depicts their slow alienation until Madoka does something irreversible. This is understandable, this is a twisted coming-of-age story, the bird must leave the nest.

Sachiko, on the other hand, worked alongside Satoru in his quest. She couldn't always be there, but always gave him support when the chips were down, and saved him at his darkest moments. This is understandable, Boku Machi is a story of the return of the prodigal son.

I suppose Lalaco and Luluco will make up in some way.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Ririka Kato is a good mom, and a good space pirate.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that
Madoka was bad.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Pavlov posted:

Madoka was bad.

is what fine upstanding gentlemen would never say, right?

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Considering how touched her own daughter was when spending time together, you'd think Ragyo would have that worlds best mom mug.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

Considering how touched her own daughter was when spending time together, you'd think Ragyo would have that worlds best mom mug.

She certainly felt some heartache when she got in a fight with her daughter.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

She has a mug anyway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJLmXuklRU0

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
god drat it midori this is what happens when you put a bag of holding inside another bag of holding

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
Midori owns and has a bright future ahead of her in crime Justice.

e:

Arsonist Daria fucked around with this message at 16:12 on May 6, 2016

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

When the crazy has become normal, Luluco, you must embrace it. You can do it.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
Did... did they go to where life fibers come from?? :aaaaa:

EDIT:

OHOHOHUAHAHAHA

Nine of Eight
Apr 28, 2011

LICK IT OFF, AND PUT IT BACK IN
Dinosaur Gum
MYSTERIOUS ENERGY GREEN: MIDDLE SCHOOL GIRL

Dr. Cuddles
Jul 18, 2010
another normal week of justice

everything will be fine

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Holy moly it really is a sequel to KLK

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

"A crime for a crime equals Justice"

Everything in this show is great.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

so cool!

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

Something about Over Justice slowly going "J U S T I C E. :smuggo: " just cracks me the gently caress up.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
I can't handle how insane this got so fast. gently caress.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI

CRIME*CRIME = JUSTICE

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!

Depths posted:

CRIME*CRIME = JUSTICE

This gave me flashbacks to Samurai Pizza Cats.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

El Burbo posted:

Holy moly it really is a sequel to KLK

Actually, I hope it'll be a super crossover if Life Fibers are a thing. There's already Inferno Cop and possibly KLK. We just need P&S, TTGL and maybe some older ones to square the whole thing off.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
i hope they find and repair nonon

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Xelkelvos posted:

Actually, I hope it'll be a super crossover if Life Fibers are a thing. There's already Inferno Cop and possibly KLK. We just need P&S, TTGL and maybe some older ones to square the whole thing off.

This isn't Gainax, so the chances are slim.
Ninja Slayer and LWA are fair game.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Xelkelvos posted:

I thought they were going to reference the latter half of TTGL with Keiji's head piloting the ship like Lordgenome.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud

Oh my god they're actually spelling gunmorphing as one word.

PrinnySquadron
Dec 8, 2009

Pavlov posted:

So Cool!

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Pavlov posted:

That's how it's pronounced.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

Waffleman_ posted:

I thought they were going to reference the latter half of TTGL with Keiji's head piloting the ship like Lordgenome.

TENGEN TOPPA JUSTICE GUNMORPHING!!!! :ssj:

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

Uh, you can clearly see it's judgement gunmorphing

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

The Trigger Cinematic Universe is really starting to kick into high gear. I completely marked out at Before My Body Is Dry, and I'm happy it all wrapped up in one episode. It was fun, but I don't want SPL to be just KLK2, so this felt like the right amount to be fun without infringing on the show's identity.

And things look like Season 3 is basically Star Trek Voyager, but Luluco doesn't love to commit treason and war crimes, unlike Janeway. I am excited for space adventure.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

DON'T LOSE YOUR WAYYYYYY

I'm amused by the idea (stated by Trigger themselves!) that the entire conflict of Kill La Kill could have been solved if someone just brought a match :allears:

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!
I mean, I should've expected this after last week, but holy poo poo. :captainpop:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I love this dumbass show.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

a better kill la kill than kill la kill

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

what did she see??

• Locked thread