Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
It's the right time, good for him. I may still curse his name for stealing a sure goal from Grosso in 2008 but he deserves a good retirement for everything else he's done. He hinted that he's retiring from playing , but not necessarily from football. I wonder what team, if any, he'll end up working for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

Gigi Galli posted:

It's the right time, good for him. I may still curse his name for stealing a sure goal from Grosso in 2008 but he deserves a good retirement for everything else he's done. He hinted that he's retiring from playing , but not necessarily from football. I wonder what team, if any, he'll end up working for.

There are rumors he'll be a director for Hellas

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

trem_two posted:

There are rumors he'll be a director for Hellas

:catstare:

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Why?!

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Also in sad news trends, Pasqual might be playing his last game on Sunday in a purple shirt.

He doesn't want to leave, and makes that very apparent. 11 years and 350 appearances for the club. The worst part is the club is keeping him in the dark about the whole thing.

He may not be the fastest, but he can cross on a dime which is so important for fullbacks.

I still have his shirt, a 300 appearances shirt, signed by him. I don't want to see him go, and I'm sure Canepazzo has feelings about it as well.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Triple post for smiles and transfer rumor/happenings!

Sousa still being linked with a move away despite contract having him for another year.

Keepers

Sirigu still being linked with us, as well as Juventus which will really piss Neto off.
Marco Sportielli is looking like a possible move instead of Sirigu as well which will do better for us as he's younger, Italian, and won't come with a hefty wage.

Defenders

Alex Ferrari could be the answer to our multi-season spanning question of a good happy fit right back
Luca Ante is an Italy U21 but has had an injury riddled season.
Gianmarco Ferrari (not sure if related, doubt it) is a possibility
Fluminese has apparently ok'd Marlon Santos being available for sale, marked as a "new David Luiz" and I'm not sure how I feel about that
Lorenzo Tonelli has caught our eye and seemed to be heading here, but Torino has butted in and might cause a small bidding war or at least raise his price up.
Marc Bartra's price range is probably not doable thanks to Tottenham, Man U, and Liverpool all sniffing around. Tello might have some sway with him, but we can't do anything if he's too expensive.
Emanuel Mammana is probably not going to happen thanks to River Plate's 12m asking price, and Napoli and Inter both raising their hand to ask about him.
Mario Rui might be a replacement signing for Pasqual
Inter might end up letting Santon go for 6m. He's reportedly said that we are his preferred destination, but other clubs are interested as well.

Midfielders

Roma asked for a straight swap for Borja Valero in exchange for Leandro Paredes and it's hilarious.
Roque Mesa from UD Las Palmas has been linked with us, and his agent is being respectful which is a nice change of pace. Estimated 6m
Bruno Fernandes from Udinese might or might not happen
Anderlecht seems willing to sell Praet, which is nice because his agent is a oval office.
Candreva is looking to move on at Lazio, with Florence, Naples and (AC)Milan being his targets of choice.
Tello has gone on record and said he wants to stay in Florence, but Barcelona are making it difficult. I think the price tag is 6.5m which isn't too bad, but it looks like we're gonna try to get him on loan for a year instead.

Forwards

Illicic still rumored to move away from us at 15m, which is a good thing despite his turn around season.
Babacar still being linked heavily to England despite him saying a lot of times "Nope!"
Kalinic is being targeted by Hotspurs
Ante Budimir might be a Kalinic replacement
Sabastian Driussi from River Plate is being looked at with come hither eyes from Fiorentina, but making those same eyes are the likes of Borussia Dortmund, Juventus, and Inter.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Well he did get joint top scorer with them last year at the age of 38, which is pretty incredible. I imagine he's pretty popular there. I would've liked him to work at Fiorentina or actually anywhere else though.

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009
Does Josh Perez have a shot at making the roster, or is he still a work in progress?

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Gigi Galli posted:

Well he did get joint top scorer with them last year at the age of 38, which is pretty incredible. I imagine he's pretty popular there. I would've liked him to work at Fiorentina or actually anywhere else though.

Thats what I meant really. Why Verona?

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Soulex posted:

Thats what I meant really. Why Verona?

I just said!

Here's a nice highlight reel set to our favorite song, I remember watching that bicycle goal against Bologna in a bar at home. When I jumped up to celebrate my pants fell down to my knees because I was wearing enormous American 90's jeans and had been fiddling with my belt for the whole second half.

https://twitter.com/TransfersCalcio/status/727903538609676290

Here's his first 100 in Serie A:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTwc5U7kFGw

MIDWIFE CRISIS
Nov 5, 2008

Ta gueule, laisse-moi finir.
Feeling nostalgic about Luca Toni on Ascension day.

Unrelated, but me and dad will be in Rome on the day of the Champions League final, anyone here know of a good place out to watch it? We'll be staying somewhere in Celio, but we could travel a bit.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

The X-man cometh posted:

Does Josh Perez have a shot at making the roster, or is he still a work in progress?

He's being playing in the youth squad and got stably in the starting XI pretty much immediately, getting a few goals too. I think he will probably be loaned out in the next couple of years, like we did with Babacar and Bernardeschi.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

I didn't even know he was one of ours. I just watched his Guatemala game and wow. Really good stuff. Really pumped to see more from him Diakhate, and Capezzi.

My brother in law supposedly knows the youth team coach. Gonna ask him some stuff.

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003
with big Luca Toni retiring i just realized that the shyster Arjen Robben totally stole his iconic goal celebration when he scored that iconic goal against Man U, probably took notes when big Toni was at Bayern the season before

makes you think

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

vivisectvnv posted:

with big Luca Toni retiring i just realized that the shyster Arjen Robben totally stole his iconic goal celebration when he scored that iconic goal against Man U, probably took notes when big Toni was at Bayern the season before

makes you think

Was it Robben that scored a goal and did like 4 celebrations at once? Someone did that recently and it was funny.

This can be Robben's signature celebration though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdT1bGje6Uk

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Empoli's sporting director has said that Tonelli, Mario Rui and Saponara will all be sold this summer. Good pickings for cheap-ish, I think; I'd love to see Tonelli at Milan w/ Romagnoli.

I'd also like to see Saponara there but that obviously is not happening!!!!

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

Gigi Galli posted:

You never know though, I never would've guessed that Giovinco would go back to Juve when he was at Parma, but then it happened.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Gigi Galli posted:

Empoli's sporting director has said that Tonelli, Mario Rui and Saponara will all be sold this summer. Good pickings for cheap-ish, I think; I'd love to see Tonelli at Milan w/ Romagnoli.

See my earlier post :smug:

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Allegri extended his contract to 2018, what a surprise.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Verratti's getting surgery for his hernia meaning he'll miss the Euros

This team is going to be so bad. I'll be impressed if we get a point.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Also Cagliari just got mathematically promoted back to Serie A. Good island lads.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Everyone's favorite German got injured too.

Khedira is cursed I'm sure of it. That or gypsy.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

Who else do you guys want promoted?

I think it would be nice to see Virtus Entella go up after being saved from relegation by Catania last year.

Simone Poodoin fucked around with this message at 22:49 on May 6, 2016

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

I'd pick Trapani so a Sicilian team can take Palermo's place :v:

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

Healbot posted:

Allegri extended his contract to 2018, what a surprise.

My reaction to this news is in stark contrast to my reaction to his initial appointment.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Gigi Galli posted:

I'd pick Trapani so a Sicilian team can take Palermo's place :v:

Nooooo we can stay up really we can.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

https://www.facebook.com/SilvioBerlusconi/videos/1184876874879749/

Berlusconi with an open message to Milan fans, saying he's been trying to sell the club for a year now, and that he wants to sell it to italian people; this seems to discount Mr. Bee, Ma, etc.

Rumours saying Squinzi of Sassuolo might buy, but he'd obviously have to sell Sassuolo first.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
Sousa confirmed that he's returning to Fiorentina next year. I suppose that's good news for all involved.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

canepazzo posted:

Rumours saying Squinzi of Sassuolo might buy, but he'd obviously have to sell Sassuolo first.

Why would he trade down

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Inter is winning or some poo poo I don't care I want this retarded season to be over.

e: Bologna by 2 today if anyone is gambling.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

drat a 1-0 win on a penalty after playing up a man for 80 minutes is insanely my poo poo.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Roma comfortably winning with Chievo, but the third goal and the combination Strootman-Totti-Pjanic was worth alone the price of the ticket. Happy for Strootman and Totti is a goddamn highlander.

E: a goal or an assist every 22 minutes for the captain. Legend.

canepazzo fucked around with this message at 13:26 on May 8, 2016

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

canepazzo posted:

Totti is a goddamn highlander.

:agreed:

https://twitter.com/Suuper_Pipoo/status/729284560446488576/video/1

Woodenlung
Dec 10, 2013

Calculating Infinity
Yes Lazio. YES.

A draw today for Palermo and then win against Verona pls.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

Woodenlung posted:

Yes Lazio. YES.

A draw today for Palermo and then win against Verona pls.

Marchetti is doing you a solid, saved two Carpi penalties.

This Fiorentina - Palermo game is really boring.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

gently caress it, bring him to the euros.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

trem_two posted:

Marchetti is doing you a solid, saved two Carpi penalties.

This Fiorentina - Palermo game is really boring.

Speaking of the euros, he has to be Perin's replacement now.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
that Carpi defending on Klose's goal was, well, non-existent

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Suso with a derby double, nice. Viviano took out Laxalt and probably should've given away a penalty but the ball got to Suso somehow and he put it in the empty net.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

Gigi Galli posted:

Suso with a derby double, nice. Viviano took out Laxalt and probably should've given away a penalty but the ball got to Suso somehow and he put it in the empty net.

it seems that he is actually pretty good

• Locked thread