Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

gently caress science, feathered dinosaurs are stupid bullshit and science can suck a fat one for even considering ruining the coolest animals to ever walk the planet, the best raptors are the ones from Jurassic Park and anyone who disagrees should kill themselves for being so obviously objectively wrong. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Xenomrph posted:

gently caress science, feathered dinosaurs are stupid bullshit and science can suck a fat one for even considering ruining the coolest animals to ever walk the planet, the best raptors are the ones from Jurassic Park and anyone who disagrees should kill themselves for being so obviously objectively wrong. :colbert:

:goonsay:

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Xenomrph posted:

shush

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Xenomrph posted:

:colbert: Not my dinosaurs

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Red posted:

:colbert: Not my dinosaurs

Goddamn right :colbert::hf::colbert:
(I'm picturing us literally high-fiving while keeping our arms crossed)

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I believe Red's making fun of you.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbrsQNeEyIg

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin
While I can appreciate what they are doing with those figures, I don't think anyone is clamoring with bird dinosaur raptors. I am sure a large amount of the collector community, myself included, would love some Jurassic Park-esc 6-inch scaled, super articulated dinosaurs. I know Resaurus had that Carnage Collection figures but those have always been impossible to find as they came out right as they died.

I just want to make a Savage Land you know?

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

CelticPredator posted:

I believe Red's making fun of you.

I believe I wasn't being particularly serious with either of my posts (the :colbert: was a hint)

(feathered dinosaurs are mega dumb though)

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
1-20$ (if it's a legends or comic based toy, or transformers or something) = toy or action figure
1-10000$ (if it's a barbie of some sort or a dress up toy aimed pretty much at girls) = doll
20-50$ = action figure
50-125$ = figurine
125$+ = collectible

125-200$+ = any 1/6th scale figure is basically just labeled a "hot toys" or "Dust magnet".

There. Now the problem is solved.

And feathered attack turkeys are awesome :colbert:

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

The cool thing about that kickstarter is that they're 1/6 scale raptors but next to a 1/12 figure like a Marvel Legend they're scaled like the JP raptors. Best of both worlds imo.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

If it has cloth clothes, it's a doll. Cloth parts is borderline but can still be an action figger'

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

I didn't mean to open a :can: I was just making an (apparently oft discussed) joke.

Now if you'll excuse me I'm off to sew tiny clothes and make little wigs for Mecha Ghidorah. :wotwot:

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Doctor Zero posted:

I didn't mean to open a :can: I was just making an (apparently oft discussed) joke.

Now if you'll excuse me I'm off to sew tiny clothes and make little wigs for Mecha Ghidorah. :wotwot:

Pics please, or link me to your etsy shop

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
You figured the pointless Star Wars day would be a good time to put the new Black figures out, but still just see either Finn, the guy who not even in the movie, or the rebel soldier everywhere.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Don't buy human faced Black Series figures.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Vintersorg posted:

Don't buy human faced Black Series figures.

Despite shelf-warming, Finn is actually really good.

Canopus250
Feb 18, 2005

You guys are taking me along this time? Right? Wait Shaundi is going? This is bullshit man!

That VTS totally not Tom Hardy Mad Max also looks pretty baller too. Thank god I don't have enough display space to even be tempted.

ShimSham
May 25, 2007

I heard you
like how I sack.

Rirse posted:

You figured the pointless Star Wars day would be a good time to put the new Black figures out, but still just see either Finn, the guy who not even in the movie, or the rebel soldier everywhere.

Dorkside was selling Ahsokas this morning at 10:00, but they sold out in like 3-4 minutes.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

I love my Hot Dolls, gently caress what anybody wants to call them, I honestly couldn't give a poo poo, I buy them cause I like them lol

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I am

The doll

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!

ShimSham posted:

Dorkside was selling Ahsokas this morning at 10:00, but they sold out in like 3-4 minutes.

A bullet potentially dodged considering what I've heard about her floppy gummy knees

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
So, MCU Spidey, Cap and Iron Man ML gift set.

http://news.toyark.com/2016/05/04/marvel-legends-captain-america-civil-war-3-pack-revealed-203716

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

CelticPredator posted:

I am

The doll

I honestly thought that head was from a Quinton Lance figure from the show Arrow.

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

I wanted to be a neo deconstructivist, but Mom wouldn't let me.

Hopefully we can get some better pics of Spiderman soon. Don't care about the other two really.

ShimSham
May 25, 2007

I heard you
like how I sack.

Other posted:

A bullet potentially dodged considering what I've heard about her floppy gummy knees

I have her, and tested them again just now, but mine doesn't have gummy knees. Or rather I should say, they're not as gummy as some Hasbro joints have been before. Not gummy like Star Lord or Jubilee wave Wolverine which were really loving bad. Hers don't move much.

Her knees aren't a detriment on my figure at least, she doesn't stand very well on her own though. A very top heavy head and then Liefeld sized feet make for a figure that doesn't stand well. Other than that she's pretty awesome. Aesthetically she's one of the best the Black Series has produced, and moves and poses all right.

Hasbro has REALLY got to invest in some double elbows on these Black Series figures, especially for lightsaber users. They're primarily two-handed weapons and without double jointed elbows these things can barely move well enough to grab a hilt with two hands.

Future Son
Mar 29, 2007
I'm from the future. I'm your son!

Rirse posted:

My first Black Series find since Christmas was yesterday, there was the token Finn and behind him a lone Jango Fett. Nothing else on the shelves. Then, I realized it was 5/4. Mind: Blown.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

gently caress, Lego is addicting. I need new sets!

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

A school festival is a festival that takes place at our school!

Vintersorg posted:

Become buddies with an employee of the lego store and get sets at 50% off. One of my old friends is a manager and he gets something like $4,000 worth of sets at 50% off every calendar year.

Bushifox
Dec 10, 2003

Je suis une tappette pour les jouets cheap et casse. Je suis dieu des nulles!

Vintersorg posted:

To further your addiction, and as a public service announcement because I didn't realize it until someone posted it here, we have a pretty great lego thread:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3328496&pagenumber=735#lastpost

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Havoc904 posted:

Become buddies with an employee of the lego store and get sets at 50% off. One of my old friends is a manager and he gets something like $4,000 worth of sets at 50% off every calendar year.
50% off, holy poo poo :captainpop:

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Bushifox posted:

To further your addiction, and as a public service announcement because I didn't realize it until someone posted it here, we have a pretty great lego thread:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3328496&pagenumber=735#lastpost

Thanks! :)

50% off seems crazy - I wonder if our local builders group gets anything. I found out they had exclusive access to the Space Slug set. :(

Cheesus
Oct 17, 2002

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.
Yam Slacker

ShimSham posted:

Hasbro has REALLY got to invest in some double elbows on these Black Series figures..
Hasbro's MO seems to be some degree of aesthetics? Like if they can hide the joints behind armor or cloth, it's cool because its inclusion doesn't detract from the figure. Yet visible pins are a-ok.

Love that the Emperor came with double-jointed elbows and they couldn't even include his lightsaber.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Cheesus posted:

Hasbro's MO seems to be some degree of aesthetics? Like if they can hide the joints behind armor or cloth, it's cool because its inclusion doesn't detract from the figure. Yet visible pins are a-ok.

Love that the Emperor came with double-jointed elbows and they couldn't even include his lightsaber.

The Emperor didn't have a lightsaber

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

boom boom boom posted:

The Emperor didn't have a lightsaber

So you're saying they actually did include his lightsaber.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
Where do you guys go for price guides? I'm unloading some old figures at a local shop in the near future, but it's hard for me to get a decent idea on what value to put on things. I'll look at eBay, but you're basically looking at what price a seller is putting on an item, not what kind of demand there is for it, and you also may not find all the items up for sale to cross-reference.

Bushifox
Dec 10, 2003

Je suis une tappette pour les jouets cheap et casse. Je suis dieu des nulles!

Jamesman posted:

Where do you guys go for price guides? I'm unloading some old figures at a local shop in the near future, but it's hard for me to get a decent idea on what value to put on things. I'll look at eBay, but you're basically looking at what price a seller is putting on an item, not what kind of demand there is for it, and you also may not find all the items up for sale to cross-reference.

ebay completed listings give a pretty good picture. You could also list what you have here and we'll probably offer you large sums of money for it.

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Or you could just not be so paranoid and be happy you're supporting a local mom and pop store despite not making each and every nickel you possibly could.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Local POP! store.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Duke Igthorn posted:

Or you could just not be so paranoid and be happy you're supporting a local mom and pop store despite not making each and every nickel you possibly could.

Woah, calm down. They're a local chain that deals in video games and action figures. I've dealt with them before and like them, but if I'm gonna unload a lot of stuff, I just wanna make sure I can calculate and make sure we're both getting a fair deal, that's all.

Edit: They pay out about 20%-30% of an item's value in cash - more if you take it in store credit - and I'm totally cool with that. I just wanted to check out my items to make sure I wouldn't accidentally sell something off thinking it was worth $20 when it's actually worth $200. That's all.

Jamesman fucked around with this message at 02:29 on May 7, 2016