Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jazerus
May 24, 2011

I had no idea that the city of Chicago was so strongly anti-shitposting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

https://twitter.com/danscavino/status/728735495149236224

I'm honestly a little shocked by this one.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

He beat Ted Cruz.

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer
I'm honestly shocked that Bob dole is alive

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Only one thumb up, Bob? Show a bit more enthusiasm, please!

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
I give him credit. It takes courage for an establishment GOP figure to endorse Trump in this climate.

But everything worthwhile usually does.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
It'll be fun if Trump demands a recounts even though he lost the popular vote by 15 million.

MC Nietzche
Oct 26, 2004

Ditocoaf posted:

Born exactly one year after Bush 1 took office. And I guess yeah, I'm expecting her to be a bit better than Bill, even if partly because of the changing culture. Relative to the times I guess that's a harder call, but I'm still hopeful. It's not that high a bar to clear.

Wait you registered an SA account when you were 10 years old?

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

MC Nietzche posted:

Smart kid.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

MC Nietzche posted:

Awww :kiddo:

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
It says Bush 1, and he registered in 2011, so no.

Xanderkish
Aug 10, 2011

Hello!
Nope, it's too late. Ditocoaf is now officially the baby of the thread. It is written.

even though I was born in 93

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
There are definitely at least a couple people with accounts who weren't alive when the site first opened.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

There are definitely at least a couple people with accounts who weren't alive when the site first opened.

They should get off zouxs lawn then.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
Alabama Chief Justice Roy Moore has been suspended for Ethics Violations for his urging Alabama Judges to disobey the Supreme Court ruling on Gay Marriage

quote:

Despite rulings by both a federal judge and later, the U.S. Supreme Court, "Moore instructed probate judges throughout Alabama to ignore those higher courts and to refuse to issue licenses to same-sex couples," AL.com reports.

Moore and his attorney, the head of an anti-gay hate group, Liberty Counsel, last month held a press conference to explain his positions. He said, “transsexualism is a known mental illness,” and claimed there "is nothing in writing that you will find that I told anybody to disobey a federal court order. That’s not what I said.”

Clearly, the JIC filed a differing opinion.

Friday night, Moore told AL.com, "The Judicial Inquiry Commission has chosen to listen to people like Ambrosia Starling, a professed transvestite and other gay, lesbian and bisexual individuals, as well as organizations that support their agenda."

This will be his second suspension and, possibly, his second removal from office.

Full text of the complaint: https://www.splcenter.org/sites/default/files/documents/coj46complaint.pdf

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop
All you young kids shouldn't be looking at a forum with avatars of Yoda molesting Luke!

USPol related, Aldesen said he will support Trump, so that's more money in his coffers.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

All you young kids shouldn't be looking at a forum with avatars of Yoda molesting Luke!

By the by, I've been out of the D&D loop for a while, why is that apparently the official USPOL May avatar?

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

CommieGIR posted:

Alabama Chief Justice Roy Moore has been suspended for Ethics Violations for his urging Alabama Judges to disobey the Supreme Court ruling on Gay Marriage

This will be his second suspension and, possibly, his second removal from office.

Full text of the complaint: https://www.splcenter.org/sites/default/files/documents/coj46complaint.pdf

Next stop, Trump veep!

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Spiritus Nox posted:

By the by, I've been out of the D&D loop for a while, why is that apparently the official USPOL May avatar?

Crimes were committed against the forums. We must all suffer and atone for our sins.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

Spiritus Nox posted:

It is what someone dreams of at night except imagine Hillary as Yoda and Trump as Luke.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

It is what someone dreams of at night except imagine Hillary as Yoda and Trump as Luke.

Hm.

Neat.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

GreyjoyBastard posted:

Not gonna lie, of the enthusiastic Hillary supporters I know, this is a major factor for well over half.
In my personal best case scenario, Hillary Clinton is Margaret Thatcher and the Republican party is Scotland.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Joementum posted:

Heeeyyyyyy.

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

No one really knows, when this month's thread was posted almost everyone in the first few pages got hit with them. We've got a mysterious benefactor with a lot of avatar money to throw around, who either hates or possibly loves this thread, depending on their opinion of rough muppet sex. :iiam:

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Ya know, I figured the GOP officials, media, politicians, and donors would line up behind Trump for the most part, but I am astonished how fast it has been.

Bunch of gutless weasels.

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

My Imaginary GF posted:

Southern Baptist congregation: "YES WE CAN"

:golfclap:

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx

Ditocoaf posted:

I think we are witnessing the end of the Republican party. Losing relevancy wasn't doing it very quickly, but having their own messaging blow up in their face might be the thing. It's hilarious to watch establishment torn between supporting Trump for the sake of saving downticket races, and fleeing for the hills. We might even see legislative seats flip D this fall that would have been near-impossible otherwise, just because Trump keeps enough conservatives from wanting to bother voting. Even if the GOP as an entity survives, I bet the party map in 2020 is going to look very different.

I'm honestly quite happy the old GOP is on its last legs. Hillary's inevitable POTUS status will cement it and throw it into an ocean trench.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
For what it's worth, Hillary has always been to the left of Bill. His third way was constantly schmeared by his ultra liberal wife.

She's run to the middle after she got spanked over healthcare in the '90s. She obviously will use a lot of Bills people and seems to have come around and embraced the middle. But I'd expect her to be to the left of Bill regardless of popular culture. Since the Zeitgeist is decidedly further left, I expect a basic Obama clone domestic policy wise and a Wolfowitz clone on international policy.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Nessus posted:

No you don't understand, Trump is strong, he makes noises, he looks and acts tough, that's what foreigners respect! That's what I want! I'm so drat angry the black man !!!!!

I was going to finish that sentence but it doesn't have an ending, really, or coherence.

I started bleeding from the nose and fell into Freeper hallucinations towards the end of the sentence myself.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Joementum posted:

that's loving dark man

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

Spiritus Nox posted:

God, Putin would run loving circles around Trump. Play him like a goddamn fiddle.

Remember when Putin hypnotized W like a loving cobra? good times. :allears:

...to be fair world leaders generally need to compliment each other and build up good personal relations, especially with other nuclear powers, but it goes a little far. If Obama had said anything like that Rs would be up in arms about selling out the nation to COMMUNISTS

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

I CAN'T SAY PRESIDENT DONALD JOHN TRUMP'S NAME BECAUSE HE'S LIKE THAT GUY FROM HARRY POTTER AND I'M AFRAID I'LL SUMMON HIM. DONALD JOHN TRUMP. YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT.
OUR 47TH PRESIDENT AFTER THE ONE WHO SHOWERS WITH HIS DAUGHTER DIES
Grimey Drawer

Joementum posted:

As someone who hates hero worship but once upon a time in a place far away voted for Dole and twice Obama and yet thought of Bob Dole every Thanksgiving I've gotten turkey-drumstick-cartilage parts stuck in my throat, I say: cute.

For those who don't know: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob_Dole#World_War_II_and_recovery

Also: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daniel_Inouye

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

From the hard streets of Moscow
First dog to touch the stars

Plaster Town Cop

Samurai Sanders posted:

I recognize everything else but what the hell is this about?

Sorry, got cought up reading another thread.

Literally what it says - everything in district, concerts, sporting events, graduations, is limited to one parent attending, no siblings. So parents get to figure out which one shows up for the important moments in their kid's life.

I have no loving clue what happened, it wasn't like this when our kids started. I assume some lawyer got elected to the school board and promptly poo poo his pants about "liability" or something like that. It is, without sarcasm or irony, the most important vote for me this fall. Mostly because it's something I can change.

Edit: The reason it was a throwaway parenthetical is because district bullshit isn't really politics the way "states rights to gently caress with education" is.

Harik fucked around with this message at 06:01 on May 7, 2016

Ghetto Prince
Sep 11, 2010

got to be mellow, y'all

amuayse posted:

I'm honestly quite happy the old GOP is on its last legs. Hillary's inevitable POTUS status will cement it and throw it into an ocean trench.

I think I'd enjoy it much more if the new GOP wasn't completely loving insane.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
An excellent video featuring Millenials running for various state positions in Congresses and Houses across the country:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJN3iZ0vHj8

It's long, but well worth the watch to see the potential political direction of the country.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

Predictably, Hillary and co. are being mocked for trying to get 'Dangerous Donald' passed around. I can totally see Trump walk on a rally stage wearing some shades and totally pimp out that nickname.

If you're gonna use alliteration, why not Disaster Donald? Or why even a nickname at all, it's dumb as poo poo.

I like the Chaos Candidate the best. It even alliterates!

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Kokoro Wish posted:

An excellent video featuring Millenials running for various state positions in Congresses and Houses across the country:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJN3iZ0vHj8

It's long, but well worth the watch to see the potential political direction of the country.

Secondary recommendation: the Millennials to Snake People chrome extension

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Harik posted:

Literally what it says - everything in district, concerts, sporting events, graduations, is limited to one parent attending, no siblings. So parents get to figure out which one shows up for the important moments in their kid's life.
How in the holy gently caress do they enforce this?

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

fits my needs posted:

What's the point of it if he's going to get booted out?

I believe the term is "sent up."

Rahm Emanuel united Chicago before getting sent up. What a great man!

FilthyImp posted:

How in the holy gently caress do they enforce this?

One ticket, I presume.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Kalman posted:

"you're out of your loving element, Donny"

USPOL May: You're Out Of Your loving Elephant, Donny

• Locked thread