Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Verviticus posted:

catelyn was dead for days and while she's a different person, she hasn't been described in a way that sounds like she suffered an enormous amount of brain damage - and she was basically floating in warm water, whereas jon was probably nearly frozen solid when he was pulled in. ya, its a warm room, but a giant block of meat and bone stays cold for a while at least

The most reliable account we have of coming back from the dead is Beric and he basically says he loses a bit more of himself each time he comes back. It's difficult to get a read on how being dead has changed Cat's mental state since The Red Wedding actually unhinges her in the book and she's basically gone insane just before her throat is slit.

One thing I've wondered in the books and I can't recall if GRMM covered it or not is how much the resurrected people abide by basic things. Like do they need to eat, sleep, etc? How the hell does Catelyn eat with a huge hole in her throat?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baka-nin
Jan 25, 2015

Well I've seen people with cancer related holes in their throats continue smoking by sticking the cigarette in it an inhaling. I'm pretty sure some stew could go down the same way, and be just as disgusting to watch, and hear.

Edit

MrSlam posted:

We haven't seen Ollie taking his vows yet so I just assume he's one of the rando recruits going through training and it's odd how he's standing next to Commander Alliser Thorne all the time. Is he his squire or is Ollie Potatoborn just so thirsty for revenge?

Yeah that was bugging me too. I know the real reason is that there weren't any recognisable non extra actors left to be in Thorne's evil scheme. The whole sequence was bugging me to be honest. I was expecting a last minute rescue by the Wildlings but when Davos gave his apologies I got my hopes up.

Baka-nin fucked around with this message at 00:29 on May 7, 2016

Beeez
May 28, 2012
Arya notes Beric never eats and never seems to truly sleep. He closes his eye sometimes but if someone speaks to him he immediately opens it again. Melisandre is similar.

Soup du Jour posted:

Tyrion's clansmen killed them.

Yeah, Garlan Tyrell explicitly says this in praise of Tyrion in A Storm of Swords.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Great, so we're going to have an undead mumbling Targaryan as a main character now

big business man
Sep 30, 2012

~~I'm editing this comment as I watch the video:~~ All done.

The Wall:

Melissandre ask what did he saw while he was dead. Jon says nothing. Meli says that Stannis might not be Azor Ahai after all but Jon. He think this is very weird and understand nothing. Davos is freaking out, and ask what happen.

Everybody goes to the yard, "you are a god, etc...".

Sam:

On the boat, Sam is about to puke, they need to go to Sam house because Old Town don't allow chicks. His father is an rear end in a top hat, but mom and sis are good people.

TOJ:

The conversation we know already. Dayne fucks everybody and beat Ned, but Howland kill Arthur in the back. A woman is screaming; Bran somehow scream Dad. Ned turn around but sees nothing. And the 3xEyeCrow says: "We will go back here another time" <NdT: Motherfucker...>

Vaes Dorak

Apparently half chapter about telling that widows go there, the rules and so on, to Dae.

Meeren:

A woman with a sick child have info about the Harpy. Varis offers health and a ship full of silver if she tells something. Everybody is conspiring against Meeren (Yunkai and the rest). Grayworm said that the best is attack directly, leaving Meeren undefended even.

King's Landing:

Qyburn is just talking with the kid. Tells Cersei or Jaime that he just "tweak" the mountain a little bit to improve it. The children are the new little birds, they were good with Varis, and they are also good with Qyburn. Jaime says that the Mountain should go to the Baelor Sept to blast the High Sparrow head. The council is talking, Olena, Pircell, Kevan, the guy that sing in bravos, etc.... Kevan is the hand of the king. Cersei and the Mountain crash the council, and the conversation goes no where.

Tommen ask the HS to left Cersei come back to see Mircela, HS says no sinner allowed. And that she need to purge her sin before the seven.

Arya:

Who are you? Nobody, x 200. ... and then Who WERE you? I was Arya Stark, who do you want to kill? Why didn't you kill ~~the dog~~ the hound? ; again with Jaquen Who are you? Nobody x200. Arya pass the test of the annoying god, got a bowl with magic water, and her eyesight come back.

Winterfell:

- Why are you here Umber? Aren't you loyal to the Stark?.
- I was, but Jon Snow have an army of wildling that are going to gently caress my lands.
- Kneel and I will help you
- No
- Wut??? How I'm going to trust you?
- You will because I'm bringing you Osha and Rickon.

The Wall again:

Four hanging people, Bower Marsh, Harwick, Thorne, and Olly (yes!). Before hanging them, Jon talk a bit with them. Marsh: You should be dead!, Harwick: Please tell my family I died honorably. Thorne: I would do this again!. Olly: (says nothing). Cut the main rope, all four fall down, last frame is Olly dying. Jon give the Lord Commander cape to Ed. Ed ask "what should I do with his?" Jon: "Whatever you want, because my watch has ended".

THE END.

Ep 3 spoiler

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
First mention of Azor Ahai on the show? Or maybe the guy was just paraphrasing since Mel usually says The Son of Fire.

1-800-DOCTORB
Nov 6, 2009

Was the episode leaked or is this just that spanish translator again?

big business man
Sep 30, 2012

1-800-DOCTORB posted:

Was the episode leaked or is this just that spanish translator again?

Spanish guy who leaked ep 1 and 2.

he's been correct so far

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Oh god, that last bit at Castle Black. gently caress yes.

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

Apoplexy posted:

Oh god, that last bit at Castle Black. gently caress yes.

That would be so sweet but it's almost too good to be true. I wonder if that was also Dave Hill's idea.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
LOL at "we will come back here another time to learn What's Going On Inside That Tower"

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

That episode ending, no matter what, will be amazing.

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.

this_is_hard posted:

Four hanging people, Bower Marsh, Harwick, Thorne, and Olly (yes!). Before hanging them, Jon talk a bit with them. Marsh: You should be dead!, Harwick: Please tell my family I died honorably. Thorne: I would do this again!. Olly: (says nothing). Cut the main rope, all four fall down, last frame is Olly dying.

Even at the end, all Olly can do is stare.

Also, only four? There was a sizeable crowd of mutineers, and I swear more of them stabbed Jon.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
There were more mutineers, these were clearly the ringleaders. And Olly because gently caress Olly.

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

Hopefully just before Olly dies he makes eye contact with Jon and Jon gives a little nod

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Linguica posted:

Hopefully just before Olly dies he makes eye contact with Jon and Jon gives a little nod

This year, Linguica is...

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Goddamn, if that's accurate King's Landing is really spinning its wheels this season. Like there's a lack of plot but they feel like (or are contractually obliged) to give us 5-10 minutes with Cersei and Jaime.

EDIT: they could at least bring Olenna in

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
I'm only disappointed that they get hanged rather than decapitated.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
The man who passes the sentence should swing the sword. I think Jon might well cut the rope.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Apoplexy posted:

The man who passes the sentence should swing the sword. I think Jon might well cut the rope.

I think it's as likely that the combination of him ordering them hung (especially Olly) and then not doing it himself is meant to illustrate that the Jon that came back is leaner, meaner, and losing touch with himself

Like there's an almost 100% chance that's going to be his arc going forward

Beeez
May 28, 2012
The reasoning behind the disloyalty of the Umbers actually makes sense. It was established in the books at least that the Umbers have to deal with wildling raiders more than most Lords.

Narmi
Feb 26, 2008

So basically half the North (except maybe the Manderlys) are united against Jon? I know Davos was talking the the Mormonts, so it look like it's going to be a bunch of small houses against at least three of the big ones.

Or maybe Littlefinger will ride in with the knights of the Vale and save the day.

Narmi fucked around with this message at 02:08 on May 7, 2016

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I like that the JON NOW COMES BACK AS A RESURGENT BADASS arc is going to culminate in Littlefinger saving him.

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

What I'm getting from this is Cleganebowl confirmed, Osha and Shaggydog confirmed as being on the burning crosses, that battle spoiler confirmed

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Beeez posted:

The reasoning behind the disloyalty of the Umbers actually makes sense. It was established in the books at least that the Umbers have to deal with wildling raiders more than most Lords.

i thought the umbers are hostage to the freys/boltons due to large jon getting grabbed during the wedding.

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?
I wish they would pull a bran on Arya's plot line and skip that poo poo. Rest of the episode sounds cool though, especially the Wall.

Beeez
May 28, 2012
We have no idea what happened to the Greatjon in the show. He just sorta disappeared.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
:lol: at trying to keep a consistent death toll in each episode, :lol: at trying to make Olly a badass.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

MrSlam posted:

The only thing that Jon can say: Hodor

Jon Snodor.

anyway if that spoiler is true I'm kind of disappointed he doesn't chop their heads off. A good decapitation is always worth watching.

Narmi
Feb 26, 2008

Groovelord Neato posted:

i thought the umbers are hostage to the freys/boltons due to large jon getting grabbed during the wedding.

Yeah, Greatjon is a hostage, but half the Umbers still support Stannis. It's mentioned that raiders prey on Umber lands, and carried off Lord Umber's daughter at one point, so Stannis marching a wildling army across their lands who just make more enemies.

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg

Beeez posted:

We have no idea what happened to the Greatjon in the show. He just sorta disappeared.

Yeah I really wish they brought that actor back. He was so great.

1-800-DOCTORB
Nov 6, 2009

Nuebot posted:

Jon Snodor.

anyway if that spoiler is true I'm kind of disappointed he doesn't chop their heads off. A good decapitation is always worth watching.

He's Jon Snowheart now. He knows nothing, but he remembers.

Beeez
May 28, 2012

Lloyd Boner posted:

Yeah I really wish they brought that actor back. He was so great.

I agree. I also think it would've enhanced the impact of the Red Wedding if Robb had still had loyal bannermen that viewers could recognize. In the show the only subordinates he had that weren't traitors were the Blackfish and Edmure.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Sounds like a good episode. How does this translator dude still have a job?

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I like that the JON NOW COMES BACK AS A RESURGENT BADASS arc is going to culminate in Littlefinger saving him.

Got my fingers crossed for Littlefinger saves Jon -> Sansa has Jon kill Littlefinger anyway.

1-800-DOCTORB
Nov 6, 2009
Are they not hiding the fact that Robert Strong is actually a Franken-Mountain? And is Bjornsson still the actor under the armor?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
I really really hope that that Spanish translator doesn't blow a GLORIOUS opportunity to troll the entire internet. He should accurately leak the plots for the first 9 episodes. And then for the 10th make up the most ridiculously awful poo poo he can think of and watch the fireworks.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
They're just gonna cock tease with the TOJ eh? I still imagine we get the reveal at some point this season. Maybe even as the last scene of the season.

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013
Do the Manderlys even exist in the TV universe? If Ramsay is going to be set up to be betrayed by a Northern house, I'd think they'd use the Umbers or Karstarks; the Manderlys weren't even mentioned in the list of powerful families still in the North in the first episode of the season.

Boofy
Sep 11, 2001

monster on a stick posted:

Do the Manderlys even exist in the TV universe? If Ramsay is going to be set up to be betrayed by a Northern house, I'd think they'd use the Umbers or Karstarks; the Manderlys weren't even mentioned in the list of powerful families still in the North in the first episode of the season.

iirc some bit character who gets murked at the red wedding on the show is a manderly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big business man
Sep 30, 2012

Ramsay literally name dropped the Manderlys last episode

• Locked thread