Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.
unohdit antaa ruotsalaiselle turbaanin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008

:tipshat:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Why is all the heiling on the wrong side?

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

parempi

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I thought about changing the flag to Mongolian but :effort:

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
http://www.hs.fi/politiikka/a1462414490182

Not looking good for Stubb

Golden Gate Bride
Oct 23, 2008
knife to meet you
Wille Rydman seems to dig Orpo, I bet Kokoomus is literally going to kill the poor once Orpo gets in power.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
Encountered a group of Odins in the wild, milling ominously in front of a Rautakirja kiosk. There must've been 10 of them! Walking past them mainly felt sorry for people wearing black jackets in summer weather, but I suppose suffering for a cause is ennobling in some way... After all, even Hitler killed himself in the end.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

doverhog posted:

Encountered a group of Odins in the wild, milling ominously in front of a Rautakirja kiosk. There must've been 10 of them! Walking past them mainly felt sorry for people wearing black jackets in summer weather, but I suppose suffering for a cause is ennobling in some way... After all, even Hitler killed himself in the end.

Soldiers of Odin are much like right-wing posters here. You point out the logical inconsistency in their reasoning. They get angry about it. They are retards looking for something interesting that even halfway compliments their tard poo poo. Ignore them.

DarkCrawler fucked around with this message at 07:11 on May 7, 2016

doverhog
May 31, 2013

It did occur to me that if I wasn't fully mongol it could've been scary, as they effectively blocked the sidewalk and you had to walk through their little group to travel effectively.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Mulli posted:

Wille Rydman seems to dig Orpo, I bet Kokoomus is literally going to kill the poor once Orpo gets in power.

My impression is that Orpo is no more kill the poor than the party already is, and the Kok election is about Stubbe being unpopular rather than any policy issues.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

doverhog posted:

They could always follow in their patron deity's footsteps and hang themselves from a tree.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

That would assume they even know who Odin is and then you have to ask, why aren't they Ukon Soturit?

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

doverhog posted:

That would assume they even know who Odin is and then you have to ask, why aren't they Ukon Soturit?

I guess even our nazis instinctively realize how garbage our culture is, so they have to import their god from a superior one. Either that or they've listened too much to Manowar.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

doverhog posted:

Interview with the founder:
http://yle.fi/uutiset/henkilokuva_kemin_katujen_pikkukingi__kuinka_mika_ranta_tuli_perustaneeksi_soldiers_of_odinin/8822027

Interesting that this so called protector is a violent repeat offender who still gets into bar fights and injures people severely (leaving us tax payers to pick up the tab btw). This guy seems a prime example of the kind of idiot we should give up the idea of rehabilitating and just throw away the key.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Cerebral Bore posted:

I guess even our nazis instinctively realize how garbage our culture is, so they have to import their god from a superior one. Either that or they've listened too much to Manowar.

It is kind of bizarre how literally everything good in Finland and its traditions is imported from elsewhere (except for forest poo poo I guess I don't know the specifics because I don't like being in a forest it is rough and coarse and gets everywhere!) and its most hardcore fans rail against multiculturalism. Our flag is the symbol of a Palestinian Roman subject who was a Jew, spoke Aramaic and lived 2000 years ago in a time before the concept of Finland was even invented. And Swedes taught us the concept of a flag and we aped theirs something fierce. Lions live in loving Africa and is again something we copied from the Swedes. Then these mongoloids slap these clear symbols of multikulti on them and march around whining about it. LOL

EDIT: and lot of them are criminal Estonian immigrants because I guess enough Finns just don't like sucking an dead Austrian guy's dick, haha

DarkCrawler fucked around with this message at 07:01 on May 7, 2016

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Come now, let's not condemn all mongol culture because of a racist truck driver and his facebook fan group. I for one enjoy not talking, keeping distance from others at buss stops, and getting heavily drunk. It's pretty unquestionable though that Sweden was a positive influence.

Please don't mock the Nordic cross, it's the best flag design and blue on white is the best colors too. Jesus is dead, appreciate the shapes in abstraction.

doverhog fucked around with this message at 07:03 on May 7, 2016

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

doverhog posted:

Come now, let's not condemn all mongol culture because of a racist truck driver and his facebook fan group. I for one enjoy not talking, keeping distance from others at buss stops, and getting heavily drunk. It's pretty unquestionable though that Sweden was a positive influence.

Please don't mock the Nordic cross, it's the best flag design and blue on white is the best colors too.

I wasn't mocking it, it is a great flag. Just stating a fact about it. And I think Finnish culture is the best, just 99% imported. Though I think my favorite quality of Finns, the creepy silence, is ours. It's not Ugric, Hungarians talk a lot.

The Lion is dumb though. We have loving bears and wolves and wolverines right there

EDIT: Crosses are boss, it's like picking a guillotine or a noose for your symbol except that both are WAY less hardcore ways to execute someone. Our flag is a proto-heavy metal album cover.

DarkCrawler fucked around with this message at 07:14 on May 7, 2016

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme

DarkCrawler posted:

except for forest poo poo I guess I don't know the specifics because I don't like being in a forest it is rough and coarse and gets everywhere!

This is a wrong opinion.

Also, the lion is there because of heraldry, not culture. Our national animal is the bear anyway so :shrug:

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Darkest Auer posted:

This is a wrong opinion.

Also, the lion is there because of heraldry, not culture. Our national animal is the bear anyway so :shrug:

I know but heraldry without royals who consistently personally murder people is even further bullshit though. Nobody cares about the national animal, wears bear necklaces or names hockey teams after them.

I do respect the forest. It's nice to look at but I just don't want anything to do with it, just like ex-girlfriends. Indoor plumbing I could marry.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

DarkCrawler posted:

It is kind of bizarre how literally everything good in Finland and its traditions is imported from elsewhere (except for forest poo poo I guess I don't know the specifics because I don't like being in a forest it is rough and coarse and gets everywhere!) and its most hardcore fans rail against multiculturalism. Our flag is the symbol of a Palestinian Roman subject who was a Jew, spoke Aramaic and lived 2000 years ago in a time before the concept of Finland was even invented. And Swedes taught us the concept of a flag and we aped theirs something fierce. Lions live in loving Africa and is again something we copied from the Swedes. Then these mongoloids slap these clear symbols of multikulti on them and march around whining about it. LOL

EDIT: and lot of them are criminal Estonian immigrants because I guess enough Finns just don't like sucking an dead Austrian guy's dick, haha

The Swedes copied their flag from the Danes. And as for the proud heritage of the Finnish flag, it came from the Nyland's Yacht Klubben who copied it from the Russian Navy. We didn't copy the lion from the Swedes, they copied it from the Dutch and when they left we just continued to use it. But lol at the Odin's Soldiers. Foreign god and a foreign name. But like the KKK their organization isn't only about their ideology, it's also about making money for the top clique, so it makes sense to make it as international as possible.

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme
Kyllä se on metsä ja kaskenpoltto miehen mitta, perkele!

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

DarkCrawler posted:

I know but heraldry without royals who consistently personally murder people is even further bullshit though. Nobody cares about the national animal, wears bear necklaces or names hockey teams after them.

I do respect the forest. It's nice to look at but I just don't want anything to do with it, just like ex-girlfriends. Indoor plumbing I could marry.

Republics have had heraldry from the beginning.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Darkest Auer posted:

Kyllä se on metsä ja kaskenpoltto miehen mitta, perkele!

Ei, vaan sammumisten määrä.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Hogge Wild posted:

The Swedes copied their flag from the Danes. And as for the proud heritage of the Finnish flag, it came from the Nyland's Yacht Klubben who copied it from the Russian Navy. We didn't copy the lion from the Swedes, they copied it from the Dutch and when they left we just continued to use it. But lol at the Odin's Soldiers. Foreign god and a foreign name. But like the KKK their organization isn't only about their ideology, it's also about making money for the top clique, so it makes sense to make it as international as possible.

Well I didn't say Swedes invented any of those things, just gave them to us

And making money? Someone pays for something in this poo poo? :wtc:

Hogge Wild posted:

Republics have had heraldry from the beginning.

And it was bullshit from the beginning. In my opinion you can wear a coat of arms if you have killed someone to keep it otherwise get the gently caress out

I guess war veterans technically get to display it under those rules. I still think a wolverine would be the best symbol for Finland. It's scrappy.

DarkCrawler fucked around with this message at 08:04 on May 7, 2016

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

DarkCrawler posted:

Well I didn't say Swedes invented any of those things, just gave them to us

And making money? Someone pays for something in this poo poo? :wtc:

And it was bullshit from the beginning. In my opinion you can wear a coat of arms if you have killed someone to keep it otherwise get the gently caress out

http://www.hs.fi/ulkomaat/a1461914782311

"HS:N tietojen mukaan Kemin-johto valvoo tarkkaan Soldiers of Odin -logon käyttöä. Jäsenille myydyistä huppareista ja t-paidoista jokaisen osaston pitää maksaa 25 prosentin osuus Suomeen. Kemin-johto myös ohjeistaa ja puuttuu toimintatapoihin."

Muistelen myös lukeneeni vuosia sitten että Joensuun skinit ostivat arvoja itselleen, vähän niin kuin Vuorineuvoksen tittelistä pitää maksaa.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Hogge Wild posted:

http://www.hs.fi/ulkomaat/a1461914782311

"HS:N tietojen mukaan Kemin-johto valvoo tarkkaan Soldiers of Odin -logon käyttöä. Jäsenille myydyistä huppareista ja t-paidoista jokaisen osaston pitää maksaa 25 prosentin osuus Suomeen. Kemin-johto myös ohjeistaa ja puuttuu toimintatapoihin."

Muistelen myös lukeneeni vuosia sitten että Joensuun skinit ostivat arvoja itselleen, vähän niin kuin Vuorineuvoksen tittelistä pitää maksaa.

Jesus Christ. There really should be a government organization dedicated to explaining to people that they are being scammed. Well at least we have some vientituotteet left I guess. Odinin sotilaat taitais muuten elää lähinnä verorahoista. Also if the answer to the question "so where are the headquarters of your organization" is "Kemi" that organization can't be worth poo poo

Speaking of Kemi I didn't see anyone post this hilarious thing here:
http://www.hs.fi/kotimaa/a1461818937491
http://goscandinavia.about.com/od/finland/fl/The-Worst-Cities-in-Finland.htm

quote:

Additionally, the city is unilingually Finnish, hence increasing the tendencies for racism.

this is how you know it was a Swede who wrote this

EDIT: please do read the followup articles

quote:

. Drunk people - If you do for some reason find yourself visiting Finland, you should be very careful when going out at night as there happens to be a LOT of excessive drinking happening in Finland, and it is not uncommon to see random drunk people brawling in the streets at night. This makes it dangerous for travelers to be out on the streets at night, so use caution if you find yourself in such a situation.

EDIT2: there is a whole article about Finnish toilets

DarkCrawler fucked around with this message at 08:49 on May 7, 2016

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

DarkCrawler posted:

Jesus Christ. There really should be a government organization dedicated to explaining to people that they are being scammed. Well at least we have some vientituotteet left I guess. Odinin sotilaat taitais muuten elää lähinnä verorahoista. Also if the answer to the question "so where are the headquarters of your organization" is "Kemi" that organization can't be worth poo poo

Speaking of Kemi I didn't see anyone post this hilarious thing here:
http://www.hs.fi/kotimaa/a1461818937491
http://goscandinavia.about.com/od/finland/fl/The-Worst-Cities-in-Finland.htm

this is how you know it was a Swede who wrote this

EDIT: please do read the followup articles

EDIT2: there is a whole article about Finnish toilets

lol those articles are p. good

but looks like that the journalist doesn't exist: http://www.hs.fi/kotimaa/a1461818937491

but what do you mean by scamming? they get their natsihupparit

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Hogge Wild posted:

lol those articles are p. good

but looks like that the journalist doesn't exist: http://www.hs.fi/kotimaa/a1461818937491

but what do you mean by scamming? they get their natsihupparit

Yeah but the profits don't go towards katupartiot or anything just for the rent and booze of the dude at the top, scam is a bad word since they get product in exchange for money but they're not really contributing to white power (besides the power bills of a few white guys). I mean the guys getting 25% aren't even making these natsihupparis.

Not that I have anything against Finnish Neo-Nazis supporting themselves by loving over foreign Neo-Nazis

vuohi
Nov 22, 2004

Cerebral Bore posted:

too much to Manowar.
There is no such thing, brother.

Possibly, under certain specific circumstances, wimps and posers may show various symptoms of not being able to handle Manowar in large dosages.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

"Real men" listen to Blind Guardian and Bal-Sagoth not goddamn Manowar.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Darkest Auer posted:

Which is lame as hell - bear is already the national animal of Russia and better known as such, we just can't come up with anything original. And our national bird is migratory, wood grouse would be far better symbol of our mongol aggressiveness.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5495DKEdmRE

I'm mad about our national symbols.

HUMAN FISH
Jul 6, 2003

I Am A Mom With A
"BLACK BELT"
In AUTISM
I Have Strengths You Can't Imagine
lol if your family doesn't have a coat of arms

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

HUMAN FISH posted:

Bensa
Aug 21, 2007

Loyal 'til the end.

HUMAN FISH posted:

We do, but only the people obsessed with the family genealogical book would recognize it. The only reason it exists is because a member of the family was forced to take a Swedish surname (and speak Swedish) to become a priest. There still is both a Finnish and Swedish version of the same surname, with the Swedish version even having an accent for extra pretentiousness.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

A dude I know spells his last name with a W and used to claim it was always spelled that way. Completely by chance I happened upon proof to the contrary: a correspondence ad in an old issue of Mustanaamio where his name was spelled with a V. I don't know which is more shameful; changing the spelling of your last name just for show and then denying it, or reading 80s Mustanaamion kirjeenvaihtopalsta for laughs.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

It's posting about it.

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.

Nenonen posted:

Which is lame as hell - bear is already the national animal of Russia and better known as such, we just can't come up with anything original. And our national bird is migratory, wood grouse would be far better symbol of our mongol aggressiveness.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5495DKEdmRE

I'm mad about our national symbols.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZ3ypPmGtbo

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax
I demand more groups that adapt heraldry that is not logical inspected during a hundred or thousand year span if it freaks out ocd posters, we need more.

Sons of Thor (we already have one Norse!)
Soldiers of Jesus (wäääää, it's a jewish invention wäää)
Sons of Giraffe (what the christ that animal is african fuxk)
Sons of Vader (skreeeeech that character isn't real how dare they!!!1)

The fun will never end :3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

doverhog
May 31, 2013

ITT Ligur reveals his deep longing for a father, as soldier becomes son.