Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I bet Yamcha fans were pissed off by Trunks' backstory.

And, y'know, the general treatment of Yamcha in DBZ up to that point. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Those people don't exist, so it's a weird hypothetical.

-Fish-
Oct 10, 2005

Glub glub.
Glub glub.

New Leaf posted:

Yeah but to what end? Oh man, Tien, Yamcha, and Chiaotzu sure are a lot stronger now! I can't wait to see what adventures they have now that oh wait never mind let's literally shelve them forever.

It was a fun fight to watch. There's your end.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I bet Yamcha fans were pissed off by Trunks' backstory.

And, y'know, the general treatment of Yamcha in DBZ up to that point. :v:

Honestly, Yamcha was sidelined like half way through original Dragonball. DBZ just continued the trend.

the culminator
Oct 29, 2012
Even in his very first fight, Yamcha only fought even with Goku was because Goku was hungry.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Yamcha was legitimately strong in the 22nd tournament, he just was unfortunate enough to piss off Tien and Chiaotzu

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

he was technically strong in all of the tournaments he competed in, otherwise he wouldn't have gotten past the prelims in the first place. it just didn't matter because he always got clowned on to show off how strong goku's rival was. it happened with jackie chun and it happened again with tien. losing to people is yamcha's role in dragon ball

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Hey new abridged is up.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
Lovin' it so far.

What's playing at Kami House? It ain't Cat Loves Food.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Eh, not my favorite. Had some good lines but not the best.

Also the editing seemed really really poor to me this time? Maybe because they were using lower quality footage and didn't have better source material but holy poo poo the lipflaps and edits were insanely blatant.

SereneCrimson
Oct 10, 2007

I am the morning sun, come to vanquish this horrible night!
Holy poo poo. "Just like Chichi" got me so bad. Didn't expect a joke like that in this.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
The movie is pretty old. I mean hell whats this was released on VHS? Yeah this was a little bit dragging here and there but it was a fun movie. Kaiser definitely loves this movie and it shows.

Shindragon fucked around with this message at 01:06 on May 7, 2016

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Shindragon posted:

The movie is pretty old. I mean hell whats this was released on VHS?

It got a DVD release but I honestly don't know if the footage quality is any higher there.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
Wow that ending was pretty fanfic-y.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

ImpAtom posted:

It got a DVD release but I honestly don't know if the footage quality is any higher there.

I was about to say yeah, I don't think it got touched up on that either. Also I know DBZ is old, but this movie was made in 1990.

Goddamn.

edit: I will admit I did like Goku here, he was less unfunny dumbass and more of a smartass in this. (even if he in this he was gonna kill Dr.Wheelo.) :v:

Shindragon fucked around with this message at 01:10 on May 7, 2016

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

It has some great lines, the fanfic ending was weird but I like them playing Wheelo as grossed out and confused by what was happening.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Worlds strongest is also on blue ray, I think it is bundled with Deadzone.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
That it is, but it said they just remastered it to be widescreen.

We all know what happens when they do that. I'm not defending the editing lip flaps, as Imp said yeah they were blatant and stood out as hell but I feel it was alot because how old this movie is. I mean they did fine with Dead Zone, Tree of MIght, Lord Slug, etc etc.

edit:...Ok Deadzone was a year older than this but.. yeah maybe just the editor didn't do such a good job on this.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I imagine after having done this before, they probably wouldn't wanting to spend a ton of time on redoing this one anymore so they could work on other movies/episodes.

This was pretty funny, not as strong as usual. Did like them making Wheelio not be evil.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Some good lines, but yeah not stellar

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012
I thought all the Dr Wheelo and Kochin interactions were hilarious. Easily some of their best stuff with those two.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I caught up with Dragon Ball Super and drat, the last 4 or 5 episodes have been great. Can't wait to hear this poo poo dubbed.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Eh. Wasn't TFS' strongest, but it was okay. Wheelo being utterly confused and appalled at what what's-his-face was up to while Wheelo was dead was a good gag. Also enjoyed how Roshi was played and the Saibiomen hitting Yamcha.

Spiritus Nox fucked around with this message at 04:26 on May 7, 2016

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Ask me about being a racist piece of shit with a racist gimmick
I hate abrdiged series' because they all eventually become almost as long as the original show and the jokes just become self referential and up their own rear end. So I'm glad to see they put up a half hour movie with a badly drawn ending.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Their episodes are still ten minutes and this is the longest thing they have produced by a mile so I don't see what those two disconnected thoughts have to do with each other.

Also recurring jokes the horror.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Ryaomon posted:

I hate abrdiged series' because they all eventually become almost as long as the original show and the jokes just become self referential and up their own rear end. So I'm glad to see they put up a half hour movie with a badly drawn ending.

hey man you're not supposed to have opinions of your own in here.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Not dumb ones anyway. Dismissing something based on arbitrary poo poo (that isn't even correct)is as dumb as it gets.

CharlestheHammer fucked around with this message at 07:07 on May 7, 2016

dungeon cousin
Nov 26, 2012

woop woop
loop loop
I genuinely felt bad for Dr. Wheelo. Poor man just wanted to do good for the world.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Wheelo made this movie happen. Yep.

SirDrone
Jul 23, 2013

I am so sick of these star wars
TFS should of collaborated with the Multiverse dudes and made the fanfic ending with just people's OC's getting beaten up.

Flippinlikebirds
Feb 2, 2007
I'm an ideas man Michael. I think I proved that with Fuck Mountain.
Goku trying to put the spirit bomb down was really funny.

JohnnyCocksville
Feb 1, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Stairmaster posted:

hey man you're not supposed to have opinions of your own in here.

yes you are and i think abridged does some good jokes but is mostly unfunny and reuses old gags too much

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I totally forgot the saibioman and the goon squad were even a thing.

mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

I personally liked the Kaioken x3.5

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

mmkay posted:

I personally liked the Kaioken x3.5

It was this and the "wow, this place sure is menacing!" gags that got me the best.

A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011
I was amused enough to keep watching, not amused enough to recommend to anyone else or watch again

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
I thought it was pretty good, but not enough laugh out loud moments. The bit at the end that relied on original artwork looked really weird to me. Not just the fact that it was off-model (I know aping Toriyama's style is really difficult) but it wasn't color corrected/balanced to match the original footage, making it stand out too much.

While a massive improvement over the original Abridged edit from proto-Team Four Star, I did miss the gag where Bulma lists out every fighter stronger than Roshi at this point in the series.

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
Wheelo being a goodie was a ok for some little laughs but otherwise it was very unfunny and bad.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Would've been better if they trimmed a couple minutes around the actual video and axed the original ending, imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Yamcha's scene cracked me up. I liked the original ending but this is also true:

Ammat The Ankh posted:

I thought it was pretty good, but not enough laugh out loud moments. The bit at the end that relied on original artwork looked really weird to me. Not just the fact that it was off-model (I know aping Toriyama's style is really difficult) but it wasn't color corrected/balanced to match the original footage, making it stand out too much.

I wonder why they didn't use actual shots from the show, I don't think it'd had been very difficult, if not the group shot at the end, at least that front shot of Gohan when he talked to Wheelo.

• Locked thread