Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

If you want to play the I-didn't-know-this-was-a-hippo-bar game with me, that's fine.

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

A squirrel Zoan fruit would probably make you a lot quicker and agile.

Or the most powerful being in the universe.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Spanish Matlock posted:

Or the most powerful being in the universe.

Isn't Squirrel Girl meant to be a parody, though? That's like saying Garp's Fist of Love or Nami's slaps are the most powerful things in One Piece.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I'm preeeetty sure anything from Garp would be a contender regardless.

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.
Yeah I'm pretty sure Garp is both parody-strong and like actually insanely strong.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

The guy was offered a promotion to Admiral several times and he doesn't even have a devil fruit.

Garp is strong.

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

If you want to play the I-didn't-know-this-was-a-hippo-bar game with me, that's fine.

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

Isn't Squirrel Girl meant to be a parody, though? That's like saying Garp's Fist of Love or Nami's slaps are the most powerful things in One Piece.

Who are you to argue with Uatu the Watcher?

brainSnakes
Jul 11, 2011

I'd never save you in a million years
I think i'm in agreement with whoever it was that said Germa 66 feels like it's shaping up to usurp big mum for this plots ultimate antagonist. Just, something about that last panel with Nonji staring down at the straw hats.

I've just got this bad feeling they're gonna board, everyone gets all excited and mistakes it for Sanji escaping on his own, then Nonji sucker punches Nami or something, just to drive home the point of how different a breed this curly browed douche is from our regular curly browed douche.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

brainSnakes posted:

I think i'm in agreement with whoever it was that said Germa 66 feels like it's shaping up to usurp big mum for this plots ultimate antagonist. Just, something about that last panel with Nonji staring down at the straw hats.

I've just got this bad feeling they're gonna board, everyone gets all excited and mistakes it for Sanji escaping on his own, then Nonji sucker punches Nami or something, just to drive home the point of how different a breed this curly browed douche is from our regular curly browed douche.

Big Mom's gonna get really buddy buddy with Nami for saving her daughter and try to cancel the wedding and the Germas will have none of it

E: Wait did Nami save Lola again? Or was it the other way around?

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

brainSnakes posted:

:stare: Wow, I think you're exactly right. I totally think this is what's going to happen in the next chapter.

Fuckshoes
Jul 11, 2001

sup ladies

TheKingofSprings posted:

Big Mom's gonna get really buddy buddy with Nami for saving her daughter and try to cancel the wedding and the Germas will have none of it

E: Wait did Nami save Lola again? Or was it the other way around?

Nami and shadow Lola helped each other out and became friends, and that carried over once Lola was reunited with her shadow. The Straw Hats also saved Lola's shadow, so I hope she shows up this arc.

Raspberry Bang
Feb 14, 2007

Fuckshoes posted:

Nami and shadow Lola helped each other out and became friends, and that carried over once Lola was reunited with her shadow. The Straw Hats also saved Lola's shadow, so I hope she shows up this arc.

And then that treasure chest bomb from fishman island is gonna blow up and ruin everything.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
Will we be getting a new chapter this week or is that not until next week?

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

Will we be getting a new chapter this week or is that not until next week?

We skipped a week for golden week, then as soon as we got back, Oda took off for a week. So don't expect it until sometime next week (Probably Monday- Thursday)

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Julias posted:

We skipped a week for golden week, then as soon as we got back, Oda took off for a week. So don't expect it until sometime next week (Probably Monday- Thursday)

That's what I thought, just wanted to check though.

Thanks! :)

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

That's what I thought, just wanted to check though.

Thanks! :)

Your username doesn't work anymore without the Av. Have you considered joining the Jojo brigade?

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Kaitlin is everyone's Dunkle

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

Fuckshoes posted:

Does Lola still think Nami is a man? I don't remember if that gag was ever resolved.

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit

Space-Bird posted:

Does Lola still think Nami is a man? I don't remember if that gag was ever resolved.

No, Nami was confessing at the end and Lola cut in that she knew all along. Lola still calls her "Namizou" however.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Lola and zombie Lola are not the same people, they share a soul and personality but not memories

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Speaking of Lola, the Oz fight is legit one of the best fights in all of One Piece.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It's got this perfect mix of comedy and action, as well as bitchin' 2-page spread group shots.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Also kickass teamwork.

And Pirates Docking Emperor.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Julias posted:

Your username doesn't work anymore without the Av. Have you considered joining the Jojo brigade?

I know. Someone bought me this avatar and text as an inside joke and I'm thinking of a good new username to change it to.

PS JoJo is loving awesome, y'all should watch it!!

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

I know. Someone bought me this avatar and text as an inside joke and I'm thinking of a good new username to change it to.

between this and all of the Lum avatars, the anime sub forum has become very confusing to me.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

Rero-Rero San

Chibs
Jun 28, 2004

bring it back :guillotine:

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

Your Egg-Baby Daddy

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

The Oars fight was fantastic and it was also a good setup for the following arc, where their teamwork wasn't enough to fend off the Marines, showing the quickly widening power gap.

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.
To be fair Kuma's fruit is/was comically broken.

Indigo Cephalopods
Oct 26, 2012

Justice Rains From Above
new trailer for Film Gold
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urx41HBed1s

Koala and Sabo!
Doflamingo and crew (probably just a flashback)
Post-Timeskip Lucci?

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It's a new month and you know what that means.

New jeans. Shockingly, Rebecca has actually put on more clothes.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

It's a new month and you know what that means.

New jeans. Shockingly, Rebecca has actually put on more clothes.

I'm not feeling these ones. Vivi isn't even wearing jeans! (Yes I see the alt color at the bottom, but I feel it goes against the spirit of the product line)

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
It's presumably a black denim skirt, which seems no more a cheat than denim shorts really.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Julias posted:

I'm not feeling these ones. Vivi isn't even wearing jeans! (Yes I see the alt color at the bottom, but I feel it goes against the spirit of the product line)

The hosed up thing is that only Robin has her pants / skirt change colors.

Rebecca and Sanji change shirts.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

I'm beginning to suspect that One Piece Gold is not canon

Indigo Cephalopods
Oct 26, 2012

Justice Rains From Above
Well it's one of the Films, meaning Oda was involved in it, so it'll be the same level of canon that Z and Strong World are. Whether the plot is canon or not I think we can at least probably trust that character designs revealed in it (like Post-Timeskip Kuzan in Z) are correct

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Indigo Cephalopods posted:

Well it's one of the Films, meaning Oda was involved in it, so it'll be the same level of canon that Z and Strong World are. Whether the plot is canon or not I think we can at least probably trust that character designs revealed in it (like Post-Timeskip Kuzan in Z) are correct

Strong World is probably the most canon-ish of the three (especially since Shiki is a loose end in the manga). The biggest problem with it canon-wise is that Zoro should still be injured from Thriller Bark, but there's no sign of this. (It also establishes that Luffy's powers interact with electricity in a way that makes no sense, but this is actually consistent with the Enel fight; it's just more blatant here.)

Z is has some things in it likely to happen "again" in the manga, it fits the timeline awkwardly, and it implies that Edward Weevil did a bunch of things that may or may not turn out to make sense.

Silver2195 fucked around with this message at 21:14 on May 17, 2016

jassa
Nov 7, 2005

"He's so awesome!"
He really is!

Indigo Cephalopods posted:

new trailer for Film Gold
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urx41HBed1s

Koala and Sabo!
Doflamingo and crew (probably just a flashback)
Post-Timeskip Lucci?

9 Straw Hat tokens plus SECRET tenth token. Almost as if we're about to get confirmation of the tenth crewmember (Jinbei).

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

The secret token is the straw hats jolly Rodger

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?
"Gildo what did you do, get a haircut or something?"

"Look closer Luffy"

"Oh you're the biggest man in the world now, and you're completely covered in gold"

"14 carat gold!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

The hosed up thing is that only Robin has her pants / skirt change colors.

Rebecca and Sanji change shirts.

[completely calm and not furious] that's Vivi