Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Not Dominion is pretty fun, I will spam the heck out of this on live. Short, high kill fighty games. Faster than Ascension, too.

Sidenote: Taliyah is fun as hell and we are definitely gonna see her in Professional play.

mistaya fucked around with this message at 14:48 on May 7, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

most of the mages that got touched didn't get noticeably better in winrate because while they might be technically better people still need to put in the time on them to do well since they didn't just get massive number buffs. pretty funny that both annie and viktor are actually performing much better since people seemed pretty sour on those remakes.

while statistically brand is still getting the same results i would be a lot more scared of a good brand than i was before

Safety Scissors
Feb 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I think Brand's passive is too strong. The AoE radius needs to go down. The worst thing that can happen to him right now is that other parts of him get nerfed then the passive gets nerfed because usually that's how champions end up in the dumpster.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Why do people even buy the spellthief line as a mid? I know it's got decent stats but you're wasting the passive if you're a champion that kills creeps.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Ignite Memories posted:

Why do people even buy the spellthief line as a mid? I know it's got decent stats but you're wasting the passive if you're a champion that kills creeps.

Decent stats, upgrades into a very useful item with even better stats.

Tyty
Feb 20, 2012

Night-vision Goggles Equipped!

Ignite Memories posted:

Because fiendish -> fqc isn't that bad of a buy path and easily pays for itself with the passive once fully upgraded. Usually I'll go back with enough for the codex at least.

I just think with the nerfs maybe Athene's or morello might be better for lux again, but I sure felt useless against a kassadin when I tried morello earlier.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Ignite Memories posted:

For a very long time it was the best mana regen item on top of being cheap AND having passive gold generation.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Tyty posted:

Because fiendish -> fqc isn't that bad of a buy path and easily pays for itself with the passive once fully upgraded. Usually I'll go back with enough for the codex at least.

I just think with the nerfs maybe Athene's or morello might be better for lux again, but I sure felt useless against a kassadin when I tried morello earlier.

Oh wow, I never noticed that the creep kill passive disable disappears on the completed item. Glad I asked!

edit: as long as I'm asking about support items, what are people's thoughts on Face of the Mountain? I feel like I usually lean toward the sightstone upgrade instead of building Face. Is that dumb of me? The active isn't quite as mindless as a Locket, because you need the presence of mind to click on your adc at the right time. Maybe it's just because i'm a scrub, but I prefer actives that I can hammer on in a panic without targeting them - locket, zhonya's, etc.

If the eye IS a decent option, when should I upgrade? I know Ruby Sightstone should usually be saved for dead last, because it's not very gold-efficient of an upgrade. Should I be saving my Eye upgrade til I need the inventory space, or is it more efficient midgame than Ruby SS is?

Ignite Memories fucked around with this message at 16:07 on May 7, 2016

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
the Spooky Spooks of Spellthief are also really useful against immobile mids if they try to roam to contest Herald or Dragon or help a lane. It's pretty much a guaranteed kill in some matchups.

The Missing Link
Aug 13, 2008

Should do fine against cats.
One for All mode completely blows when not on the murderbridge.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

The Missing Link posted:

One for All mode completely blows when not on the murderbridge.

disagree. OfA on the normal map gives way more wiggle room to silly gimmick builds.

Speaking of that mode, just had a oneside match on both sides: one where our captain didn't ban malz and team picked darius (surprise, they picked malz and destroyed us), then another where we picked lux and the enemy got lotto'd New Vlad because the player who picked vlad didnt know he got changed (it was the saddest match for them, AD lux got a quadra kill at one point, 4-19 end score)

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

SaberToothedPie
Dec 24, 2012

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frolf:

he knows...
i play vayne to make sick plays and win lane before 10 minutes as well

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

vayne got poked low/blitz pull and didnt back and die?

Magic Rabbit Hat
Nov 4, 2006

Just follow along if you don't wanna get neutered.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7A0SjC-Qbls

Taliah's theme is pretty.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Tired Moritz posted:

vayne got poked low/blitz pull and didnt back and die?

Rolled into a point blank ezreal ult at 20% hp.

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Methanar posted:

dank

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Karthus is still bad?

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Karthus didn't need a rework because he already has an established niche as the go-to champion for if you really want to play mid but you forgot to buy a mouse

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Bholder posted:

Karthus is still bad?

Probably?

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
riot ruined karthus the day they removed revive

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

awakened by the removal of the final skins featuring black taric.....the Six Nigs...finally unchained....

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Lovechop posted:

riot ruined karthus the day they removed locket

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Neurolimal posted:

awakened by the removal of the final skins featuring black taric.....the Six Nigs...finally unchained....

i numbered them 1, 2, 3, 4 and 6 and they spent all day looking for 5 :dance: :dance: :greenangel: :dance: :dance: :derp:

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

Methanar posted:

and you didn't instantly jump and block it for her? smh noob braum

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

update: i defeated him

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Radical posted:

update: i defeated him

now you must collect your badge and defeat another to advance to the elite four

Gibberish
Sep 17, 2002

by R. Guyovich

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHoNWwhzh3M

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

im glad theres a wukong top every single game now

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
wow one for all on SR is the worst.

stump collector
May 28, 2007

lol i tried the sunfire/ibg/grasp on a smurf 2 patches ago and it was god loving awful, kassadin needs each and every piece of his gold to go toward offense or he's insanely poo poo

even then, he's still pretty lovely

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

exethan posted:

lol i tried the sunfire/ibg/grasp on a smurf 2 patches ago and it was god loving awful, kassadin needs each and every piece of his gold to go toward offense or he's insanely poo poo

even then, he's still pretty lovely

I remember, before I stopped playing Kass got his ult "reworked", with the logic being "now we can actually buff his kit and make him good!"

Nearly a year later.....

pick him and oh. literally all the same. even the useless Q shield.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

I like to pick Kassadin into Sion top lane bc you can interrupt his stun and basically every Sion I have done that to has no loving idea you can do it and then they die like an idiot.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
my only problem with SR OFA so far is that every loving player wants to pick Lee or Zed.

it's also impossible to get Sol picked; like scientifically impossible. Scrubs see the three seashells and go "15 passive damage dealing orbs? noooooooot for me"

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Neurolimal posted:

my only problem with SR OFA so far is that every loving player wants to pick Lee or Zed.

it's also impossible to get Sol picked; like scientifically impossible. Scrubs see the three seashells and go "15 passive damage dealing orbs? noooooooot for me"

I nominated A. Sol just now and got that sweet 20% roll. It was the most fun I've had in this game in a while, just 5 dragons shouting forever as their balls smack the enemy to death. Also 5 A. Sols are really good for taking dragon/baron.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

Neurolimal posted:

Aurelion has this weird issue where despite his great flavor is more or less is a gigantic sassy sunfire cape that dies horribly if you get into his deadzone like hunters from WoW

and mikujin before you jump in to pedantically correct me again yes i know deadzones haven't existed for hunters since vanilla

zyra ofa is pretty funny, the map basically turns into a giant loving garden

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Servaetes posted:

Aurelion has this weird issue where despite his great flavor is more or less is a gigantic sassy sunfire cape that dies horribly if you get into his deadzone like hunters from WoW

and mikujin before you jump in to pedantically correct me again yes i know deadzones haven't existed for hunters since vanilla

zyra ofa is pretty funny, the map basically turns into a giant loving garden

This game needs a pet that pulls all neutral monsters on the map if you take a thresh lantern or something across the wrong wall.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

akali is actually really strong on this patch because of the revolver spike you get in lane now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

didn't they only remove the dead zone in wrath?

• Locked thread