Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jolyne Cujoh
Dec 7, 2012

It's not like I've got no worries...
But I'll be fine.
I mean, I like him as a character but he's a pretty terrible person in my book, what with the endangering (and keeping up late) of students, the semi-murder of poor, innocent forge and all the unnecessary secret keeping.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Falstaff
Apr 27, 2008

I have a kind of alacrity in sinking.

Jolyne Cujoh posted:

the semi-murder of poor, innocent forge

Partial murder. Attempted full murder.

(But he failed at that, just like he fails at everything.)

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

Mazerunner posted:

Hooray :woop:

I mean she is a doctor and that's probably what she told them. She just left out the 'ghost' part of it.

Do you think she has a medical license? Did she go to ghost med school in addition to regular med school?

Kazy fucked around with this message at 08:00 on Apr 27, 2016

Solenna
Jun 5, 2003

I'd say it was your manifest destiny not to.

The way his mustache droops with sadness in the second last panel is killing me. Amazing

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Kazy posted:

Do you think she has a medical license? Did she go to ghost need school in addition to regular med school?

Sure, why not.

It was probably super anime, too. Like anime Grey's Anatomy, but with zany ghosts, also.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

I keep seeing panel five as Mina's mom falling to her knees in desperation, but she just doesn't seem to have feet. Or knees.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Ok, hating on Spender is highly illegal from now on get it

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009

Solenna posted:

The way his mustache droops with sadness in the second last panel is killing me. Amazing

It wasn't until a few re-reads later that I noticed it was a mustache and not a very expressive mouth.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Jolyne Cujoh posted:

I mean, I like him as a character but he's a pretty terrible person in my book, what with the endangering (and keeping up late) of students, the semi-murder of poor, innocent forge and all the unnecessary secret keeping.

Lucifer's alt-account spotted.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Probably Magic posted:

Lucifer's alt-account spotted.

Nah, Lucifer said outright that Spender's mistake with Forge, as far as he's concerned, was wasting time bickering with him instead of annihilating him immediately.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Jolyne Cujoh posted:

the semi-murder of poor, innocent forge

Forge was no angel.

Literally, he is not an angel.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

No, the angel is what he was looking for.

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Dog, what are you doing? Get away from there.
You don't even have thumbs.
In my head, Mina's mom sounds like Soos's mother in Gravity Falls. And I can't get over how much I love her dad('s moustache).

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

kinmik posted:

In my head, Mina's mom sounds like Soos's mother in Gravity Falls. And I can't get over how much I love her dad('s moustache).

Renaissance Robot posted:

Also even though she's not Hispanic I'm still picturing Mrs Zarei talking like Soos' mother from gravity falls.

Glad I'm not the only one :v:

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Dog, what are you doing? Get away from there.
You don't even have thumbs.
Ha, my bad. Teach me to read this thread while half asleep. :suicide:

VVV And proof that I never loving learn. Sorry, guys. :doublesuicide:

kinmik fucked around with this message at 08:40 on May 1, 2016

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Not really, since I actually posted that in the general webcomics thread :ssh:

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Zack has just done a guest comic for Cucumber Quest. It's pretty good.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Spender Status: Still the best

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Spender owns.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
The brightest pupil teacher.

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
http://www.paranatural.net/comic/chapter-5-page-117

spoilers for next page: he has no loving idea also hijack's in him

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

i don't know i feel like the shadowy briar spirit keeps him more or less """ safe"""" from hijack

inkblot
Feb 22, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo
I like that everyone is spirit powering up except for Max who is extremely ambivalent about the whole thing (or possibly his spirit aura being black would mess with the panel composition too much). Also panel 3 is really good.

Tollemache
Oct 10, 2012
Yeah, I'm betting Hijack's in Spender and that malevolent eye is...whatever's up with Mr. Garcia.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Hijack is in Starchman but unfortunately he can't control the sheer willpower of an English teacher so now he's imprisoned forever forced to learn about english and award stars.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Honestly having Hijack turn into a red herring and we find out he tried to inhabit Spender and got eaten y evil shadow spirit would be pretty funny in my honest opinion.

Especially if they didn't find it out.

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?
I once suspected Spender but this behavior is just too Spender-esque.

Unhappy Meal
Jul 27, 2010

Some smiles show mirth
Others merely show teeth

My money is still on Hijack having gotten the principal.

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all
hijack was never real

red plastic cup
Apr 25, 2012

Reach WITH IN To your LOCAL cup and you may find A Friend And Boy...
surprise! hijack was inside me all along

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Hijack is in Starchman but unfortunately he can't control the sheer willpower of an English teacher so now he's imprisoned forever forced to learn about english and award stars.

This is my canon until proven otherwise.

Opposing Farce
Apr 1, 2010

Ever since our drop-off service, I never read a book.
There's always something else around, plus I owe the library nineteen bucks.

Kikas posted:

This is my canon until proven otherwise.

And also after proven otherwise.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Fecha posted:

I once suspected Spender but this behavior is just too Spender-esque.

What are you talking about? Hijack is the perfect doppelganger.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

There's really been no clues. All I have to work from are vague suspicions and narrative elements that may conflict with each other.

-Mr. Garcia's got something weird going on with him, and getting possessed would greatly complicate the eventual reveal of whatever it is (unless the weird thing going on with him means that Hijack is one of his compatriots?? :tinfoil:).
-Starchman has this whole bit going on, and being possessed and revealed to be as frail and faulty as any mortal man may conflict with the bit by deepening him as a character.
-Spender's possessed by two far greater forces that should trivialize Hijack, and he's been exhibiting his spectral powers, so that probably rules him out.
-The principal seems like a great candidate, but the whole cold open sort of implies that there was accuracy to Isabel's accusation, like the cover of a silver age comic book that hints at a twist. It's gotta be somebody who was in the panel, or it feels like narrative cheating.

...which leaves...

-Ms. Baxter, but Isabel just shifted the reader's attention to her, which may conflict with the mystery, but maybe it's a double bluff and...!!!

Also, this comic is so stuffed to the gills that every drat time I poke through the archives of this comic, every drat time, I notice either something I didn't before or something I've forgotten. I'm back to wondering about the mysterious silhouette. It comes from a different direction from Dimitri, so it can't be him, maybe it could be PJ having followed Max throughout the day? But it slipped a thing into Max's pocket, and PJ doesn't have the gumption to affect the physical world.

Froggycleric
May 11, 2013

Don't sully his love with imagined reasons.
I'm hoping it's Pj taking inspiration from Isabel saying friends have each others back, and while I would like it to just be Pj having decided to step up and gaining confidence from that decision, it could just be Lefty helping because Pj will get eaten if left by himself.

Pseudoscorpion
Jul 26, 2011

SlothfulCobra posted:

There's really been no clues. All I have to work from are vague suspicions and narrative elements that may conflict with each other.

-Mr. Garcia's got something weird going on with him, and getting possessed would greatly complicate the eventual reveal of whatever it is (unless the weird thing going on with him means that Hijack is one of his compatriots?? :tinfoil:).
-Starchman has this whole bit going on, and being possessed and revealed to be as frail and faulty as any mortal man may conflict with the bit by deepening him as a character.
-Spender's possessed by two far greater forces that should trivialize Hijack, and he's been exhibiting his spectral powers, so that probably rules him out.
-The principal seems like a great candidate, but the whole cold open sort of implies that there was accuracy to Isabel's accusation, like the cover of a silver age comic book that hints at a twist. It's gotta be somebody who was in the panel, or it feels like narrative cheating.

...which leaves...

-Ms. Baxter, but Isabel just shifted the reader's attention to her, which may conflict with the mystery, but maybe it's a double bluff and...!!!

Also, this comic is so stuffed to the gills that every drat time I poke through the archives of this comic, every drat time, I notice either something I didn't before or something I've forgotten. I'm back to wondering about the mysterious silhouette. It comes from a different direction from Dimitri, so it can't be him, maybe it could be PJ having followed Max throughout the day? But it slipped a thing into Max's pocket, and PJ doesn't have the gumption to affect the physical world.

Eh, since we already know Hijack can possess animals I'm willing to bet the whole thing is a misdirection/red herring and he's just a fly or something right now.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
Dude, what if... hang on, think about it, what if, Dude, what if Hijack was possessing himself, man :350:

VerdantSquire
Jul 1, 2014

what if spirits aren't real and the last panel of paranatural just reveals that Max actually landed headfirst on the pavement after this panel, giving him brain damage and putting him into in permanent coma for the duration of the comic, the entirety of paranatural having been just a crazed, never ending fever dream?

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Mazerunner posted:

Dude, what if... hang on, think about it, what if, Dude, what if Hijack was possessing himself, man :350:

He'll do that when he needs to fight beyond his limits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

VerdantSquire posted:

what if spirits aren't real and the last panel of paranatural just reveals that Max actually landed headfirst on the pavement after this panel, giving him brain damage and putting him into in permanent coma for the duration of the comic, the entirety of paranatural having been just a crazed, never ending fever dream?

What if, one day, there is a story with supernatural elements where someone doesn't have that theory.