Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Texibus
May 18, 2008
I'm probably returning them. I've got two pair of senniheisers that I love, so I'll just be a corded scrub.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zweihander01
May 4, 2009

I'm currently using a pair of Sennheiser CX200. There's a lot I like about them; the sound seems pretty good to my untrained ear, they're small and cheap and the noise-isolation is great for wearing on the train and office without having to deal with actual noise cancelling crap.

My only problem is that every time the cable touches something the vibration gets channeled straight into my ear. The cable bouncing when I walk or when I lean over at my desk or even just adjusting me posture causes that feedback and it kinda sucks.

Is there any way to keep this from happening, aside from buying full size headphones? If there's something good for $75 or so with the same kind of sound isolation to keep out most environmental noise that'd be great.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
Route the cables over and behind your ears, not straight down.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
Looking for the most comfortable over ear headphones under $50 for voice chat use on my PC. I'm currently using the Sony gold wireless, which I really like, but the mic sucks. I'm planning on getting a modmic to pair with whatever I get. Sound quality doesn't need to be amazing, I'm not really picky in that regard, but comfort is paramount.

Ended up ordering some Sennheiser 201s.

hamsystem fucked around with this message at 14:47 on Apr 26, 2016

Jon Von Anchovi
Sep 5, 2014

:australia:
"I'm having a terribly difficult time choosing headphones to replace the ones I broke. So I am requesting your advice, my Facebook friends of the world. What should I do?

1. Beats solo wireless II rose gold - not going to lie. I like them because they're adorable and pinkish gold. They are kind of big and bulky and don't know if they'll be useful at the gym, but because I mostly take classes I'm not sure if that matters much. I do run sometimes, but not as often as I used to because of my knee. They are wireless and can also be used with a wire which is helpful because I can't use Bluetooth headphones in my office. And did I mention how adorable thy are?!

2. Bose in ear sports earphones- I've had Bose and they are amazing sound quality. I can use these at the gym, running, or at work. I hesitate because there isn't a wireless option...but again...not sure how badly I need this and how good wireless headphones would be. They also aren't as cute as the Beats. But yeah... They are sweat and weather proof so that's nice.

3. Bose noise cancelling earphones - not sweat and weather proof but awesome sound quality and I can drown out the trump supporters in my office. I'd be nervous to use them while working out because of how expensive they are and because they aren't sweat proof. Also not wireless.

4. Jay bird x2 wireless earbuds- possibly good for running but I'm worried about fit/ sound quality. Not sure if Bluetooth technology is good enough yet to solely rely on them as wireless. I also couldn't use them in the office because there's no wired option.

OPINIONS PLZ. THANKS. 😁😁😁 probably getting one as a birthday gift to myself 😎😎😎"

I would tell my friend (who lives in America) to get audio technica or beyerdynamic or some other good closed back over ear for office and then cheap in ears for running. But I don't know the latest good answer. Considering that both could be had for the cost of rose gold beats what would the thread suggest?

glompix
Jan 19, 2004

propane grill-pilled

Jon Von Anchovi posted:

4. Jay bird x2 wireless earbuds- possibly good for running but I'm worried about fit/ sound quality. Not sure if Bluetooth technology is good enough yet to solely rely on them as wireless. I also couldn't use them in the office because there's no wired option.

I just got a pair of these this weekend. It's my first pair of bluetooth headphones but I am loving the freedom. They're not going to replace my HD598s at home by any means, but they may replace them at work and I want to keep them with me 24/7 for sure.

I haven't had a chance to really just sit down and listen to them, but the sound has been pretty good so far. I don't think they're as good as the broken TDK IE800s they're replacing, but I'm happy with them for sure. I also need to dig up some regular comply foam tips to try because these sports foam tips are scratchy as gently caress. They will absolutely stay in working out, though.

I kind of feel like I'm in Her when I'm walking around in the park and activate the Google assistant. So loving cool :c00lbert:

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

All the best octopodes shoot fire and ice.
I'm looking for a new pair of headphones. Mainly for audio editing in let's plays and putting together a voice acting demo reel. I don't have a huge audiophile ear, as in it's hard for me to tell the difference between FLAC and 192 kbps but maybe I'm just not paying enough attention.

Would something like these Sennheiser HD 202's be adequate at the beginning? Or would I be better off saving the cash for something better and using the e300 earbuds I have for now. I'm not 100% sure of what quality or price range I should be looking at.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I have a question about the Skullcandy Hesh 2. I was reading the general workout thread in YLLS and someone recommended them for working out. Right now I have some BT in ears but they are always falling out. I'm just curious if these are worth it? I mean 60-70 bucks isn't a lot but if I could get something better I'd do that.

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

I need headphones to wear while running - thinking IEM with the over ear clip.

Budget - $2-300
Source - iPhone 6s
Isolation Requirements - No
Preferred Type of Headphone - IEM with the clip over the ear.
Preferred Tonal Balance - Whatever makes Lateralus sound ideal.
Past Headphones - All over the place, best were some open Sennheiser over-ear headphones and Bose QC15s.
Preferred Music - Rock, Metal, ... really everything, but those would be my highest priority.

I'm open to spending less, of course, but I'm willing to spend for good sound quality and comfort.

Thank you!

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

grack posted:

4MM nozzles for the 3590 and 3900

Thanks, I don't think I replied to this before. That's probably going to be too big to fit the eartips.

However, I did try mom's Panasonic HJE125 and although the nozzles are oval, they do kind of fit. Doesn't isolate or sound nearly as well but for :10bux: it's a great travel backup setup.

Postmaster GBS
Jan 14, 2013

P0PCULTUREREFERENCE posted:

I had a pair of those Brainwavz and ended up replacing them with a pair of NuForce BE6 which I really like. Better sound quality, haven't had any connection problems (which I had occasionally with the BWz). My only complaint is the really silly placement of the charging port.

How are these holding up for you? Considering the BE6's alongside the X2's or the (cabled) Sennheiser Momentum in-ears. Otherwise open to suggestions in this price range.

I haven't done Bluetooth IEMs before but I'm potentially looking to ditch (but not adamantly opposed to) the cable for gym / work / commute purposes.

P0PCULTUREREFERENCE
Apr 10, 2009

Your weapons are useless against me!
Fun Shoe

Postmaster GBS posted:

How are these holding up for you?

I've had them for about 3 months, and wear them on a daily 3-4 mile walk. No complaints so far, aside from a stupid location for the charging port.

I also have a pair of X2's, which I like, but I find the Nuforces to be more comfortable. Their sound quality is comparable.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof
There's a pretty good deal on a pair of X2's near DC if anyone is interested (not mine).

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/doc/ele/5554320114.html
Philips X2/27 Fidelio Premium Audiophile Headphones - $239 (Germantown)

tazjin
Jul 24, 2015

Is there a correlation between noise cancelling and sound isolation? I want to be able to listen to (relatively) loud Drum&Bass in a quiet office without annoying colleagues, what should I go for?

hotsauce
Jan 14, 2007

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

There's a pretty good deal on a pair of X2's near DC if anyone is interested (not mine).

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/doc/ele/5554320114.html
Philips X2/27 Fidelio Premium Audiophile Headphones - $239 (Germantown)

Too bad the "glue gate" $160 Amazon Warehousedeals-athon is over. I got a brand new pair (just a return) of X2's for that price in Feb. Seems the price has gone up to over $230 used (returns).

They are really great cans.

awesome-express
Dec 30, 2008

So I bought a pair of Beats Studio Wireless 2.0 from Amazon, having previously returned the same wired set. And something seems off.

For one, the box it came in was white, when the prior wired ones came in a black box. Then there was no wall charger in the box, and the charging cable is black as opposed to the black/red combo they normally come in. Did Amazon ship me a knock-off set, or is Apple doing new packaging?

Here are some pictures:

And here's the box that my previous, wired set came in (this one is not my photo, but the it looks like the wireless ones also normally come in this box):

The headphones register fine on the Beats website, and the Beats updater recognizes them. I'm kinda bummed and not sure whether I got a fake, or some weird toned-down version?

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify
Is there a cheaper goon recommended 1/8 male to 1/4 female adapter? I got the cable for the senn hd650 for my senn hd600s if that at all makes a difference.

e: amazon primeable would be ideal

Pontius Pilate fucked around with this message at 08:32 on May 1, 2016

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Pontius Pilate posted:

Is there a cheaper goon recommended 1/8 male to 1/4 female adapter? I got the cable for the senn hd650 for my senn hd600s if that at all makes a difference.

e: amazon primeable would be ideal

The HD650 cable comes with a 1/4" plug. You just pull off the 1/8" extension.

Foxtrot_13
Oct 31, 2013
Ask me about my love of genocide denial!
I am off on holiday and a few weeks and I need a pair of headphones so i can listen to music on my phone (Lumia 640) and films on my laptop.

Now I don't want to spend much money so I am down to the real budget end of the market plus size is an issue as I need to have them in my carry on luggage.

Tesco has the Sony MDR-V150 for £10 and the MDR-ZX310 for £15. Are the ZX310 any better sound wise or for £10 to £15 price range am I better off getting ear buds (I want over the ear mainly for comfort than sound)?

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof

hotsauce posted:

Too bad the "glue gate" $160 Amazon Warehousedeals-athon is over. I got a brand new pair (just a return) of X2's for that price in Feb. Seems the price has gone up to over $230 used (returns).

They are really great cans.

I also snagged my <$170 pair and I love them.
They're great for short periods of intense listening, but my brain gets tired from having music SHOVED into it for more than an hour.

The X2's are VERY forward and present sounding.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

awesome-express posted:

So I bought a pair of Beats Studio Wireless 2.0 from Amazon, having previously returned the same wired set. And something seems off.

For one, the box it came in was white, when the prior wired ones came in a black box. Then there was no wall charger in the box, and the charging cable is black as opposed to the black/red combo they normally come in. Did Amazon ship me a knock-off set, or is Apple doing new packaging?

Here are some pictures:

And here's the box that my previous, wired set came in (this one is not my photo, but the it looks like the wireless ones also normally come in this box):

The headphones register fine on the Beats website, and the Beats updater recognizes them. I'm kinda bummed and not sure whether I got a fake, or some weird toned-down version?

Yes, packaging can change. If it registers as authentic why are you so worried about it?

awesome-express
Dec 30, 2008

Been watching too many fake beats youtube videos I guess

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so
I don't recall the beats ever coming with a wall charger. At least not as of nine months ago.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Just curious if anyone has any bad/good things to say about the Philips SHL3050?

I am not good at this

Away all Goats fucked around with this message at 10:29 on May 4, 2016

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer
What's a good pair of bluetooth iem headphones? I'd be willing to go up to $100 and they'd primarily be used doing chores inside and outside the house. I listen mostly to podcasts via my iPhone.

I got a pair of JLab Epic headphones that had Bluetooth connectivity issues (as did the replacement pair I received) so I'm looking for something with a rock solid Bluetooth connection.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I have a friend who's been using Jaybirds daily for 2 years without complaint, you can get X2s for $125 on Amazon.

DinosaurHouseParty
Oct 31, 2003

Thwomp posted:

What's a good pair of bluetooth iem headphones? I'd be willing to go up to $100 and they'd primarily be used doing chores inside and outside the house. I listen mostly to podcasts via my iPhone.

I got a pair of JLab Epic headphones that had Bluetooth connectivity issues (as did the replacement pair I received) so I'm looking for something with a rock solid Bluetooth connection.
Philips SHQ7800BK/27 Bluetooth Sports Headphones

Philips is a solid brand for bluetooth and you should be able to find them at Target and price match it with the sub 50s price you see on amazon as they are usually almost 80 dollars at Target.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

DinosaurHouseParty posted:

Philips SHQ7800BK/27 Bluetooth Sports Headphones

Philips is a solid brand for bluetooth and you should be able to find them at Target and price match it with the sub 50s price you see on amazon as they are usually almost 80 dollars at Target.

Hmm those seem like a pretty good deal. Hows the sound on them?

DinosaurHouseParty
Oct 31, 2003

MarcusSA posted:

Hmm those seem like a pretty good deal. Hows the sound on them?

107db snr 13.6mm drivers Bluetooth 4.1 spec from a brand name for under 50 bucks, I don't know for sure but their 6250s in the same bluetooth collection have served me faithfully so I would vouch for them.

DinosaurHouseParty fucked around with this message at 22:55 on May 4, 2016

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

I currently have HD558's and I'm not particularly satisfied with the bass I get from them, and was wanting to get a new set. My usual source is an Essence STX but sometimes my phone (Nexus 6, soon to be iPhone). I've had some suggestions of just buying an external subwoofer but that's not really possible at the moment, though in a few years once I have my own place I'll probably blow a ton on a Dolby atmos set up. Anyway, I watch a lot of movies on my headphones, and usually listen to pop, orchestral, acoustic and sometimes some sort of Moby/Daft Punk genre.

I was originally going to buy some X2s, but their price has shot up astronomically on Amazon to the point where it's cheaper to buy some HD650s. Would I be satisfied with those, or are there headphones with rumblier, deeper bass?

Soundstage is still important to me, as I love the one on the 558's. Prefer open, and comfortable, full size headphones. Budget would ideally be around £200, pushing to £300 if there's something amazingly better at that range.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof

ijyt posted:

I currently have HD558's and I'm not particularly satisfied with the bass I get from them, and was wanting to get a new set. My usual source is an Essence STX but sometimes my phone (Nexus 6, soon to be iPhone). I've had some suggestions of just buying an external subwoofer but that's not really possible at the moment, though in a few years once I have my own place I'll probably blow a ton on a Dolby atmos set up. Anyway, I watch a lot of movies on my headphones, and usually listen to pop, orchestral, acoustic and sometimes some sort of Moby/Daft Punk genre.

I was originally going to buy some X2s, but their price has shot up astronomically on Amazon to the point where it's cheaper to buy some HD650s. Would I be satisfied with those, or are there headphones with rumblier, deeper bass?

Soundstage is still important to me, as I love the one on the 558's. Prefer open, and comfortable, full size headphones. Budget would ideally be around £200, pushing to £300 if there's something amazingly better at that range.

The soundstage on the X2's is not very accurate anyway. They're WAY too forward and in your face.
They're super fun for listening to pop / electronic though.
...but they do have the bass.

Why not get a pair of HD650's?

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

I was only going to get the X2s because they were cheaper, and had a design I liked more. I probably will get the HD650s if the bass is good, especially as it sounds like my HD558 might be dying, bit of fuzz from the left can.

burmart
Sep 14, 2002

10,000 Cunts
I travel a lot and have never purchased a good pair of headphones. I tried on the Bose QC25s yesterday in Target and was absolutely amazed at how well active noise cancelling works (I always figured it was a gimmick). Two questions, does it work as well in the in-ear bose earplug models? Does it work just as well in a cheaper model I can pick up somewhere? I'm not an audiophile at all and mostly listen to podcasts and audible, but having the ability to put the headphones on and get ride of that awful airplane droning sound would be amazing. Any recommendations.

One of the things I like about the Bose QC25s is the ability for me to swap out the cable, since those tend to always fail on me, thus requiring me to throw out my earbuds.

Postmaster GBS
Jan 14, 2013

Thwomp posted:

qirex posted:

I have a friend who's been using Jaybirds daily for 2 years without complaint, you can get X2s for $125 on Amazon.

I bought a pair of these at the beginning of the week at Best Buy. No real complaints for the price.

Best Buy will price match the Zon as long as it's shipped and fulfilled by Amazon, and they've got a 15-day return policy on em, so if you don't like them, no big deal.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I have an old pair of Bose over-ear, noise-cancelling headphones that I plug into my iPhone at night to listen to white noise

They go through batteries like crazy, and yesterday I found out rechargeable Bluetooth headphones exist

What is the cheapest pair of over-ear, noise-cancelling, rechargeable Bluetooth headphones worth getting?

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

EugeneJ posted:

I have an old pair of Bose over-ear, noise-cancelling headphones that I plug into my iPhone at night to listen to white noise

They go through batteries like crazy, and yesterday I found out rechargeable Bluetooth headphones exist

What is the cheapest pair of over-ear, noise-cancelling, rechargeable Bluetooth headphones worth getting?

If you need noise cancelling can you handle IEMs? Would block out sounds and with white noise playing would be very isolating.

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so
I haven't found a single set of wireless IEMs that are worth half a poo poo at blocking noise, including the Jaybirds.

Postmaster GBS
Jan 14, 2013

PRADA SLUT posted:

I haven't found a single set of wireless IEMs that are worth half a poo poo at blocking noise, including the Jaybirds.

I'm using the smallest set of rubber tips that came with the X2's and I can't hear anything outside my skull if my iPhone is at like 60% volume. Maybe get something that fits? I dunno :/

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

Seriously, triple flange tips don't block outside noise for you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Ultimate Mango posted:

If you need noise cancelling can you handle IEMs? Would block out sounds and with white noise playing would be very isolating.

I have IEM's - I live in a building with retards and barking dogs, they don't help against that