Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

sportsgenius86 posted:

That Jordan Parsons guy who had his leg amputated after the hit and run accident has died.

:(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

that's awful.

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
that really sucks - poor guy

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

sportsgenius86 posted:

That Jordan Parsons guy who had his leg amputated after the hit and run accident has died.

drat

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012
condolences

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

Battle of the Nations 2016 livestream's up, beginning with duels. Brackets here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqE-FXzx3Lo

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007
Son Of Northern Frostbitten Wintermoon

Hope they get something done about the stream, it feels like a laggy piece of poo poo right now.

individual865
Mar 26, 2007

Life on the outside ain't what it used to be.
Here's the BOTN schedule, btw:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

sportsgenius86 posted:

Goddammit this sucks :smith:

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

david carmichael posted:

Somehow I missed that the biggest name in mma is fighting in one FC this weekend.

jadambaa narantungalag we have missed you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYGw8uhrqCM

rekt

fast-forward to 13:00 if you're short on time.

e: the channel has some other fights on it that may or may not get taken down soon

colonel_korn fucked around with this message at 16:54 on May 6, 2016

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

colonel_korn posted:

rekt

im the referee asking a man who cant breathe or move his mouth if he gives up. pride never die.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

colonel_korn posted:

rekt

Beauty.

I like the way that he trapped the right arm.

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
I had no idea Hoger was fighting - good idea moving up to LHW

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

This one was also a lot of fun. long though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTgnmp8lr_w

e: Round 3 is a serious Round of the Year contender

colonel_korn fucked around with this message at 17:53 on May 6, 2016

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
poo poo why did nobody tell me jadamba was fighting boku, those guys are b-league diamonds

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
We did it

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Looks like all the title fights for Invicta FC 17 came in on weight. Some good looking fights happening tomorrow.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Wu Lin Feng, one of the big televised promotions in China has a free card streaming now, kickboxing/mma

https://kiksie.com/events/wu-lin-feng-glory-of-heroes-2/#Streams

qq stream works best for me

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroache's Anarchist

they have a suspect in custody for the Jordan Parsons hit and run

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg

"Delray Police department posted:

After an intense, six-day investigation, DBPD traffic homicide investigators have arrested a 28-year-old Boca Raton man for the fatal crash that took the life of 25-year-old MMA fighter Jordan Parsons. Dennis Wright, whose license has been suspended six times, is facing multiple charges, including leaving the scene of a crash causing death. Investigators have recovered the damaged 2013 Range Rover Sport involved in the crash.

The crash happened at 12:33 a.m. May 1. Parsons was walking across Federal Highway at Lindell Boulevard. Wright, whose driver license is suspended, was driving his mother’s Range Rover south on Federal. A witness told investigators he thinks Wright was driving between 100 and 120 miles per hour when he hit Parsons, who was in the crosswalk. Parsons was wearing headphones and may have not heard the SUV coming.

Wright never stopped. Neither did his friends driving behind him in their Mercedes, which followed the Range Rover as it continued southbound. Meanwhile, DBPD Officer Derek Chahine, who had been nearby on a traffic stop, used a medical blanket from the trunk of his patrol car to apply pressure to Parson’s catastrophic leg injury until Delray Beach Fire Rescue arrived and transported Parsons to Delray Medical Center. He died May 4 from injuries sustained in the crash.

The following day, an anonymous tipster gave investigators Wright’s name. They quickly discovered that Wright’s mother owns a grey 2013 Range Rover Sport and were able to determine that Wright was driving the vehicle the night of the crash. Wright made an effort to have the damaged Range Rover repaired at a local body shop, but the owner refused to do the work, so Wright rented a bay at a storage facility and hid the SUV. Investigators recovered it on Friday, and it was missing the driver’s side mirror officers recovered at the scene. Wright, who arrived at the police department Saturday afternoon with his attorney, also faces charges of driving while license suspended as a habitual offender and tampering with evidence. His criminal history includes arrests for DUI, disorderly intoxication, marijuana possession and assault on an officer or firefighter, among other charges.

The crash investigation is ongoing. Witnesses told investigators that Wright was at Buddha Sky Bar on East Atlantic Avenue Saturday night with friends. If anyone has information about Wright’s whereabouts that night, please contact Officer Ron Brown or Sgt. Jeffrey Rasor at (561) 243-7800.

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroache's Anarchist

what a stupid rear end in a top hat

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
That's hosed up

TheCool69
Sep 23, 2011
The sad saga of Jeff Monson continues...

quote:

A little over 30 seconds into his scheduled fight against Ivan Shtyrkova in Yekaterinburg, Russia, Monson dragged the fight to the ground but was unable to move his arm because of an injury sustained a month earlier. He felt his bicep tear as he kept a hold of Shtyrkova. At that point, he decided to surrender and limit the damage to his arm.

"When they went to the ground, even though that's his speciality, he felt the muscle tear further and couldn't fight from his normally strongest position,"Monson's manager and press secretary, Marshall Comins told BloodyElbow. "At that point he decided not to go further."

Monson had originally hoped to withdraw from the scheduled fight when he got injured last month. However, it appears the promoter urged Monson to try his best to remain on the fight card.

"Jeff severely injured his bicep a month ago while training in Saint Petersburg. He talked to the promoter about bowing out of the fight, and the promoter asked Jeff to reconsider. He reluctantly agreed.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2016/5/7/11615846/jeff-monson-loses-fight-in-russia-after-promoter-urges-him-to-compete

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

I am glad they caught him and I hope he goes to jail for a long time, even though if Jon Jones is any indication he will maybe get a few years

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
How much over the limit would 100 - 120 MPH be?

Also, Invicta 17 is starting.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Dan Didio posted:

Convergently, they're doing a Parsons retrospective right now.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Great start to the card with a straight robbery by the judges.

Northjayhawk
Mar 8, 2008

by exmarx
Those ad posters are kinda pointless if you wont let the fighter stand in front of it

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

TRUNKS:
BLACK
PLEASE DON'T SUE US WARNER BROS.

Le Saboteur posted:

In Women's MMA there's a secret, 'wildcard' rule where if you throw one spinning backfist a round it beats your opponent punching you repeatedly in the face and backing you into the cage.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Dan Didio posted:

pedestrian areas are around 30mph. Busy traffic areas 40-50, freeways 70.

So, way the gently caress over the speed limit.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

coconono posted:

pedestrian areas are around 30mph. Busy traffic areas 40-50, freeways 70.

So, way the gently caress over the speed limit.

Holy yikes, that's crazy, especially after I remembered to translate into KM.

EDIT: That was a cool takedown, also.

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009

Le Saboteur posted:

Maybe I wasn't paying close enough attention, but I thought the loser should've won 30-27. That other lady did nothing.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

loving Beck's freaky grip strength.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Sprecherscrow posted:

Maybe I wasn't paying close enough attention, but I thought the loser should've won 30-27. That other lady did nothing.

I would agree with you.

coconono posted:

loving Beck's freaky grip strength.

Lame of her to apologize for accidentally cheating, the true greats never apologize for intentionally cheating.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Beck looked great for some nobody out of Montana.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

They should give Howarth's win to Beck on principle.

Fitting that this next fight is happening on Mother's Day.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

What the gently caress. These judges are straight ridiculous.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I don't think Ostovich winning 2 and 3 is that ridiculous.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Ostovich got knocked down in round 3!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I did happen to notice that, yes.