Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Nightpostin' in the GOP primary thread

Nightpostin' bleeding into daylight hours is a shameful thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crowoutofcontext
Nov 12, 2006

oystertoadfish posted:

Many years later, as he faced the firing squad, Colonel Aureliano Buendía was to remember that distant afternoon when his father took him to discover wall...

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Maoist Pussy posted:

Well, that and get pounded in both holes while listening to Front 242.

i dont need cocaine to want that

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax
Today's liberals would complain that the Civil Rights Act was bad because LBJ was manspreading when he signed it.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

https://twitter.com/jacobkornbluh/status/729120850063003649

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008

My Imaginary GF posted:

people, lower your voices

gently caress yeah Corelle Dinnerware :mmmsmug:

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

maybe he's afraid his leaf boat will never make it on the polluted, dangerous cuyahoga.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
RNC sounds like it'll be 10 people at this point.

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

^^like a thousand handpicked cruz delegates will be there!

i love the contrast between the respective tones of the discourse in this thread and of the actual news that is posted

thethreeman
May 10, 2008
Fallen Rib

rakovsky maybe posted:

Wow a modern liberal arguing against keynesian stimulus programs imagine that.

Seriously we should guillotine every dumb pretend-progressive in this country.

No, no, my post unintentionally came across as attacking the wall. I legitimately think we're in store for four years of sochi-like levels of corruption debates in this country if it moves forward - I don't care what actually happens! Same thing that would happen if Carson was nationalizing healthcare and picking which firms got to set it up, or if Romney was directing privatization of social security and sending money to his old cronies at Bain Cap (or staffing a federal agency with wall street buddies, etc, etc)! Trump WORKED in construction - it's going to be years and years of political theater

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

oystertoadfish posted:

Many years later, as he faced the firing squad, Colonel Aureliano Buendía was to remember that distant afternoon when his father took him to discover wall...

Discover Wall, you say? I think you might be onto something! We can defray the cost by offering every inch of the vertical surface for corporate advertising. Flexible rates based on expected eyes, of course - Mexican civilian, American civilian, and of course the advertising opportunities to the border patrol and drone pilots.

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

Philthy posted:

RNC sounds like it'll be 10 people at this point.

The Donald, his family, Dick Cheney and Reince Priebus drinking nonstop praying his liver gives out before the first vote is counted.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

HUGE PUBES A PLUS posted:

The Donald, his family, Dick Cheney and Reince Priebus drinking nonstop praying his liver gives out before the first vote is counted.

Donald Trump does not drink!!!!

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

Darkman Fanpage posted:

Donald Trump does not drink!!!!

But Reince Priebus does.

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.
Didn't rubio also pledge to support the Republican nominee?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
What if we had a RNC and nobody came?

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

Full Battle Rattle posted:

Didn't rubio also pledge to support the Republican nominee?

He did, and like many fellow Republicans he'll be doing the absolute minimum to fulfill that pledge.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Pick posted:

I doubt anyone would've noticed the one in 2012 if Clint hadn't been talking to a chair.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=933hKyKNPFQ

lol watching it again and it's even more pathetic than it was four years ago.

edit, wrong year

Sir Tonk fucked around with this message at 03:35 on May 8, 2016

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

Slate Action posted:

He did, and like many fellow Republicans he'll be doing the absolute minimum to fulfill that pledge.

Seems to me like that pledge might not have been made in good faith at all!

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
It's still incredibly funny how badly the pledge backfired.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Jewel Repetition posted:

As the mongoose was born to fight and kill the cobra, so was Donald Trump born to fight and kill the GOP.

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Sir Tonk posted:

I doubt anyone would've noticed the one in 2008 if Clint hadn't been talking to a chair.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=933hKyKNPFQ

lol watching it again and it's even more pathetic than it was four years ago.

Don't you mean 8 years

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

^4 years is the correct part he means 2012 instead of 2008

it was at the end of august. the obama-romney head to head aggregate suddenly took a turn for the blue right afterwards. i think a lot of people dont really tune in until the convention. ill be interested to see those people's verdict in polling aggregate form
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2012/president/us/general_election_romney_vs_obama-1171.html

Jewel Repetition posted:

and like soembody else said, it's basically the only thing in this whole gop primary whose consequences were completely predictable and unfolded as predicted

oystertoadfish fucked around with this message at 03:30 on May 8, 2016

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

oystertoadfish posted:

^4 years is the correct part he means 2012 instead of 200

:doh: yeah messed that up.

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

nbd

in robert morrow news he's taking time off from tweeting anime titties to whine about how communist austin is because they voted down uber and lyft's proposition

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

oystertoadfish posted:

and like soembody else said, it's basically the only thing in this whole gop primary whose consequences were completely predictable and unfolded as predicted

I'm pretty sure there were some noble lords in history who decapitated their liege and got away with it. Does that pledge have any real consequences tied to it, because it seems like it's just a funny thing that everybody knew was bullshit.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Maoist Pussy posted:

Today's liberals would complain that the Civil Rights Act was bad because LBJ was manspreading when he signed it.

Which, I assume, gives Trump supporters license to oppose it?

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

I'm pretty sure there were some noble lords in history who decapitated their liege and got away with it. Does that pledge have any real consequences tied to it, because it seems like it's just a funny thing that everybody knew was bullshit.

well i dont recall anybody predicting any 'real' consequences, just that as soon as it came up the consensus was that trump was the only one who could really claim an actual basis for ripping up the pledge - 'they aren't being fair to me', which of course they weren't - while the rest of the candidates, in the event trump won, would get attacked by trump tweets about how they're breaking the pledge. and now that's exactly what's happening. nothing earth-shattering, just kind of satisfying for something to actually make sense for a few seconds - and everybody likes to laugh at the gop establishment

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

https://twitter.com/Always_Trump/status/728751290579197952

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

can we get the guy who dumped his body in the sea to pose in front of a rack of teddy bears too

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

oystertoadfish posted:

When that pledge was made most people thought that the GOP was still plenty strong enough to fight off Trump

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Sporting a serious cardboard cutout look here.

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

rakovsky maybe posted:

He's made the most muscular defense in recent memory of deficit spending by saying that the debt essentially doesn't matter. He'll cut taxes and fund social programs. That's a lot better than Austerity Clinton.

you misunderstand what he said. he wants to use the possibility of default to renegotiate outstanding us debt. this is not in any way related to deficit spending, its an incredibly stupid idea that will not work for many reasons

but who am i kidding you are a trump supporter facts and logic are meaningless here

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Pick posted:

It'll be pretty amazing if the RNC is noticeably empty due to a bunch of people not going, though if that happens Trump supporters will probably get to fill it in and make it even more chaotic. :getin:

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

congratulate me friends, for i have completed my magical, hundred page long journey to the end of this thread. yes, at times i faltered and thought the unthinkable, skipping to the last page. but i soldiered on, and what a journey it was! elation and ecstasy at the defeat of the malignant slime mold turned to bitter rage and infighting as the reality of the GE settled in. brothers in posting turned on each other as their common enemy was defeated

its gonna be a long six months

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Jewel Repetition posted:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

He's sporting a "Trump Store" halo

im gay
Jul 20, 2013

by Lowtax

babypolis posted:

congratulate me friends, for i have completed my magical, hundred page long journey to the end of this thread. yes, at times i faltered and thought the unthinkable, skipping to the last page. but i soldiered on, and what a journey it was! elation and ecstasy at the defeat of the malignant slime mold turned to bitter rage and infighting as the reality of the GE settled in.

u probably read one of my posts, loving idiot

rakovsky maybe
Nov 4, 2008

babypolis posted:

you misunderstand what he said. he wants to use the possibility of default to renegotiate outstanding us debt. this is not in any way related to deficit spending, its an incredibly stupid idea that will not work for many reasons

but who am i kidding you are a trump supporter facts and logic are meaningless here

You need to read between the lines. Trump is saying we can spend whatever we want, because later we can default or pay the debt back for less. This is a very advanced understanding of the US debt, as opposed to the morons who think there's a real meaningful need to balance the budget. He's enabled conservatives to adopt modern monetary theory. Meanwhile #Hillarymen are unironically arguing in defense of global financial markets and austerity. It's like living in crazy town.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

babypolis posted:

congratulate me friends, for i have completed my magical, hundred page long journey to the end of this thread. yes, at times i faltered and thought the unthinkable, skipping to the last page. but i soldiered on, and what a journey it was! elation and ecstasy at the defeat of the malignant slime mold turned to bitter rage and infighting as the reality of the GE settled in. brothers in posting turned on each other as their common enemy was defeated

its gonna be a long six months

You're a better man than I am!:stare:

• Locked thread