Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012

Azhais posted:

None of the mod managers have been updated afaik. You either need to edit the plugins.ini and add an * in front of the mod, or go into the mod menu in the game and enable the mod (every time in my experience)

NMM has been updated, no idea about MO2. NMM 0.61.20 forgot what you had enabled and disabled plugins at random if you installed new mods but the latest version, 0.62.21, works as it should.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sjonnar
Oct 22, 2011
And there it is. I forgot to update NMM like a :downs: and Bethesda hosed with the way mods loaded again, which disabled my poo poo. Thank you Azhais, Sensenmann, and Rasmussen for helping me unfuck my game.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Quick question, I installed a few mods and I'm getting some irritating results. I got DEF_UI and Valdacil's Item Sorting but I'm getting pretty inconsistent "naming" on items and I'm sure it's due to some other mod I'm using, but I have no idea which one.

Here's an example:

As you can see I've found both 10mm Pistols with and without icons (identical stats, etc.) and several armor pieces either lack an icon or has a prefix.

I'm assuming my "Lone Wanderer Perk Rebalance" mod isn't the one to blame, so the only things I can think of is Armorsmith Extended and Weapon Balance Overhaul, one which is said to be 100% compatible and the other which just changes numbers (and again, the stats are identical on both the "different" weapons and armor pieces). It took me way too long to even get DEF_UI and VIS to work and now this. Please help me :negative:

e: I started digging through files and apparently VIS overwrote DEF_UI's DEF_INV_TAGS.xml and changed a bunch of hidetag='true' to hidetag='false'. Why it would do that I have no idea, since it looks awful. :iiam: The missing icons are supposed to be because I picked the stuff up before installing the mod, but that can't be since I started a new character with the mod and I'm still finding pipe rifles and stuff without icons..

Your Computer fucked around with this message at 09:03 on May 5, 2016

Wrr
Aug 8, 2010

A cool thing is that since the update FO4 is crashing my display drivers. It is nice and good and I am not upset at all.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Is there any way to tell if something had been downloaded from Bethesda from the mod menu?

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
New Nexus pet peeve, they add new armor or outfits to the game that you can craft but gently caress you if your character is low level as you'll need the rear end end of blacksmith, science AND GUN NUT.

Bonus gently caress you if it is a medium or low tier outfit or accessory. Extra bonus gently caress you if can't be bothered to put in the lists for NPC's so you can loot it.

Alasyre
Apr 6, 2009
Yeah, some of the perk requirements for custom stuff are dumb. AWKCR forces Crafting Workbenches to require perks to build the workbenches, so you have to waste a perk on either Gun Nut or Blacksmith to build the Weaponsmith workbench, which most people probably wouldn't take together. I'm using CROSS Cybernetics and one of the mods for the armor makes you move 5% faster, but requires the Ninja perk for some dumbass reason, which itself requires 7 Agility.

Captain Diarrhoea
Apr 16, 2011

Mr.Grit posted:

You're running nmm as admin, yeah? Do loadorder.txt, plugins.txt exist in your appdata\local\fallout4 folder? What happens if you run loot outside of nmm as admin? Nmm still installs all your mods to data, so loot will still see them.

Yeah, I just ran as admin now to double check. There's a plugins.txt but no loadorder.txt in the folder. Does it matter that Steam and Fallout 4 are on a separate hard drive to NMM and LOOT? I guess not as I see the mods are all there and LOOT is at least seeing them.

It says 'No changes made to load order' and leaves them in the order they were installed.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Alasyre posted:

Yeah, some of the perk requirements for custom stuff are dumb. AWKCR forces Crafting Workbenches to require perks to build the workbenches, so you have to waste a perk on either Gun Nut or Blacksmith to build the Weaponsmith workbench, which most people probably wouldn't take together. I'm using CROSS Cybernetics and one of the mods for the armor makes you move 5% faster, but requires the Ninja perk for some dumbass reason, which itself requires 7 Agility.

Yeah if some noble goon modder wishes to fix this, go ahead. It's draining as hell.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

SeanBeansShako posted:

New Nexus pet peeve, they add new armor or outfits to the game that you can craft but gently caress you if your character is low level as you'll need the rear end end of blacksmith, science AND GUN NUT.

Bonus gently caress you if it is a medium or low tier outfit or accessory. Extra bonus gently caress you if can't be bothered to put in the lists for NPC's so you can loot it.

With the way I play, leveling slowed way down and new perks few and far between, the first thing I do whenever I download a new craftable outfit or weapon is fire up FO4Edit and strip out all the perk requirements and most of the resources. Can't find fiberglass to make the awesome looking Scavenged NCR Armor? Well looks like I don't need it after all!

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
I just run around in my slooty vault jumpsuit and don't have these problems.

Survival so far through 30 levels: exactly the same with a lot more walking

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Saint Sputnik posted:

With the way I play, leveling slowed way down and new perks few and far between, the first thing I do whenever I download a new craftable outfit or weapon is fire up FO4Edit and strip out all the perk requirements and most of the resources. Can't find fiberglass to make the awesome looking Scavenged NCR Armor? Well looks like I don't need it after all!

The sanest thing to do, but man I really hate being punished not super hording junk and building up bases :smith:.

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
I really wish NMM want a huge piece of unintuitive UX poo poo and I wish MO2 was actually worked on, ugh. Isn't NMM open source?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

SeanBeansShako posted:

They should turn Sanctuary into an Armory ala Doc Mitchell's house.

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...

Mr. Crow posted:

I really wish NMM want a huge piece of unintuitive UX poo poo and I wish MO2 was actually worked on, ugh. Isn't NMM open source?

The guy behind MO2 is working on a fix, April was really busy for him apparently. Can't really be too mad I mean the guy does it for free.

Svanja
Sep 19, 2009
I just saw a mod at Bethesda.net called Teddy & Wounded dog (Settlerfied) where the author notes in the description that his Fallout 4 is glitched and can someone please test it for him.

Um, no.

AmishSpecialForces
Jul 1, 2008
Has anyone found that texture replacements are causing crashes? I'm using NMM and have tried all the fixes that involve * on the .inis, along with enabling stuff through the new in-game mod manager. I've only got the following installed:

Full Dialogue Interface
More Where That Came From (adds radio tracks)
No Magic Compass
Vivid Fallout Landscape
WET (improved water graphics)

I can load my old saves but the moment I travel outdoors or load a save that starts outdoors the game crashes. The radio plays fine and everything works normally as long as I'm indoors. I tried starting a new game and it also ran fine. I just don't want to have to trash the shitton of hours in my old saves.

Echoing the sentiment that its obnoxious that Fallout 4 ran perfectly smoothly with mods, better than 3 or New Vegas for me, then this latest update broke everything. I even forced myself to limit mod consumption this time around.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
I have vivid fallout, wet, and fdi with no issues (but I started from the beginning with them). Never used the compass mod. Radio mods are responsible for 99% of the crashes I've had in every fallout back to 3 so I don't use those at all anymore.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

This latest update changed some of the fundamentals of Bethesda's mod support and people are still getting a hang of it. So expect crashes until things get ironed out.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Yeah I tried out some mods finally the past day and it's worked pretty alright, but I'm kind of wary of anything made pre-GECK and all the stuff out now with the GECK cause I get the nagging feeling it's all going to just be surpassed in a month or two and I don't want to slot in anything I'll end up not caring for into my save since release just yet.

Can't afford to lose my settlements.

Not after everything I've done for them.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

AmishSpecialForces posted:

Has anyone found that texture replacements are causing crashes? I'm using NMM and have tried all the fixes that involve * on the .inis, along with enabling stuff through the new in-game mod manager. I've only got the following installed:

Full Dialogue Interface
More Where That Came From (adds radio tracks)
No Magic Compass
Vivid Fallout Landscape
WET (improved water graphics)

I can load my old saves but the moment I travel outdoors or load a save that starts outdoors the game crashes. The radio plays fine and everything works normally as long as I'm indoors. I tried starting a new game and it also ran fine. I just don't want to have to trash the shitton of hours in my old saves.

Echoing the sentiment that its obnoxious that Fallout 4 ran perfectly smoothly with mods, better than 3 or New Vegas for me, then this latest update broke everything. I even forced myself to limit mod consumption this time around.

The compass mod sounds like a UI mod. The patch changed UI stuff, so that could definitely be your crash there.

(For reference, the same thing happened when Automatron updated, and it related to the compass in particular. The map markers or something changed? Apparently UI changes are crazy finicky with patch/mod interaction)

Midnight Voyager fucked around with this message at 08:16 on May 6, 2016

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Some people wanted the ability to toggle aspects of Survival on or off. Seems like this would do the job.

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/13054/

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Berke Negri posted:

Yeah I tried out some mods finally the past day and it's worked pretty alright, but I'm kind of wary of anything made pre-GECK and all the stuff out now with the GECK cause I get the nagging feeling it's all going to just be surpassed in a month or two and I don't want to slot in anything I'll end up not caring for into my save since release just yet.

Can't afford to lose my settlements.

Not after everything I've done for them.

Some of the pre geck stuff is pretty good. Cross Cybernetics is pretty high on my "Must have" lists for people that want to be a bit tanky but not wear power armor.

AmishSpecialForces
Jul 1, 2008

Midnight Voyager posted:

The compass mod sounds like a UI mod. The patch changed UI stuff, so that could definitely be your crash there.

(For reference, the same thing happened when Automatron updated, and it related to the compass in particular. The map markers or something changed? Apparently UI changes are crazy finicky with patch/mod interaction)

When I disable No Magic Compass and Full Dialogue Options mods Fallout CTDs without even getting to the menu screen. This is all while using NMM, if that makes any difference. Is there someway I can force Fallout/the mods themselves to generate a crash dump? I'd like to see what specifically is making GBS threads the bed and how.

Methylethylaldehyde
Oct 23, 2004

BAKA BAKA

SplitSoul posted:

Some people wanted the ability to toggle aspects of Survival on or off. Seems like this would do the job.

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/13054/

I'm running that to turn fast travel and transition saves back on, works like a champ.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

AmishSpecialForces posted:

When I disable No Magic Compass and Full Dialogue Options mods Fallout CTDs without even getting to the menu screen. This is all while using NMM, if that makes any difference. Is there someway I can force Fallout/the mods themselves to generate a crash dump? I'd like to see what specifically is making GBS threads the bed and how.

Well, FDO has been updated for the patch, so it should be fine. Try just disabling the compass one?

Alternatively, there is a CHANCE that your texture mods are just overloading your computer's capability to run the game and that's what was freaking it out, I guess. I had that happen once or twice before my computer poo poo the bed. The behavior just doesn't sound like when that happened to me, though.

AmishSpecialForces
Jul 1, 2008
Thanks for everyone's help! After another NMM update I went through and loaded each mod one at a time to see what was causing the foolishness. It turns out it was the upgraded textures. My computer is a beast and ran with them perfectly fine until this patch; I'm still not sure why they broke with the new mod support, they don't even have a plug-in or .esp or what have you. Oh well, time to see if I can find an alternative graphics mod.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
well I'm off probation and finally updated my weapon balance overhaul. now contains a bunch of compatibility patches, and a couple of bugfixes.

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/2463

I also uploaded it to bethesda.net, which was a harrowing experience. the GECK is such an awful interface, like holy poo poo bad. Give me FO4Edit any day of the week.

it's also way overpowered for what I'm doing with it anyways, not to mention laggy as heck even on a SSD.

E: also never install fallout 4 and NMM on two separate drives, it fucks everything up with symlinks

The Iron Rose fucked around with this message at 10:29 on May 7, 2016

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Trying it out, I found it quite sad how weedy pipe weapons became despite being everywhere and how the Thompson/Double barreled shotgun were quickly discarded for something better. Also, less slow rear end melee weapons? yes please!

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

On a related note, is Full Dialogue Interface doing this to my subtitles or something else?

because i hate it and want the small subtitles back

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

The Iron Rose posted:

On a related note, is Full Dialogue Interface doing this to my subtitles or something else?

because i hate it and want the small subtitles back

If you mean the background, that's (probably) DEF_UI. I really disliked the :effort: green rectangle so I turned that off. If you mean the text size or something then you can change that too in DEF_UI, if that's indeed what you're using.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

Your Computer posted:

If you mean the background, that's (probably) DEF_UI. I really disliked the :effort: green rectangle so I turned that off. If you mean the text size or something then you can change that too in DEF_UI, if that's indeed what you're using.

see this is what happens when you don't play for a few months.

thanks a bunch!

doing the obvious
Jun 7, 2004

The Y2K problem? Well, I've created a very large microwave. It's about two hundred square...cubic , cubic yards. New Years eve, I intend to enter this
Having this weird bug; I want to try out survival but I run into two problems. First, any new character I make when they pick up the Pipboy at the end of Vault 111, the Pipboy is zoomed into to a comical degree that I can't use it. At all. Second if I try to use the console to fix this issue for some arcane reason it won't let me open it. Any ideas what could possibly be causing this? Fresh install, only thing I've used is the ultimate tweak tool so far.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Console is disabled in survival. Try starting a game on another difficulty and messing with it. You can bump it up to survival later.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

Updated my Legendary Spawn Rate mod.

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/218/

Turns out that the survival update was coded as TSV, not SV, so I just had to change which GMSTs I was editing.

Big Edit: Okay sweet! I figured out how to get Create Your Own Difficulty Rebalance to not only be compatible with Patch 1.5, but it also works for all difficulty levels now! You can now edit how much damage you deal to enemies and how much damage you take.

Gigantic pain in the rear end to create, as the CK is not designed for creating multiple small plugins, but it works and I'm happy now.

Link here: http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/222

The Iron Rose fucked around with this message at 09:47 on May 8, 2016

Dejah Vue
Apr 7, 2009
So I'm having a lot of trouble getting this game to run for more than a half hour. It locks up my computer, and doesn't let me close it requiring me to reset it.

I am running Mod Organizer 2.0.4.
My load order is:
Fallout4
DLCRobot
DLCworkshop
Armourkeywords
Homemaker
Arbitration
Armorsmith
More weaves
Craft able ammunition
Binary Speech Checks
Prewar money not junk
More powerful power armor
WBO

My specs are:
Windows 10 64bit
AMD fx 9590
16gigs of ram
Gefore gtx 970

I have looked all over and haven't found anyone having the same problems I have, and none of the fixes I have found have done anything. I have updated drivers, rolled back drivers, run it in borderless/windowed mode. It crashes most often when I have the pip boy open for a period of time, but i have gotten crashes everywhere. Any help or advice is appreciated.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

Dejah Vue posted:

So I'm having a lot of trouble getting this game to run for more than a half hour. It locks up my computer, and doesn't let me close it requiring me to reset it.

I am running Mod Organizer 2.0.4.
My load order is:
Fallout4
DLCRobot
DLCworkshop
Armourkeywords
Homemaker
Arbitration
Armorsmith
More weaves
Craft able ammunition
Binary Speech Checks
Prewar money not junk
More powerful power armor
WBO

My specs are:
Windows 10 64bit
AMD fx 9590
16gigs of ram
Gefore gtx 970

I have looked all over and haven't found anyone having the same problems I have, and none of the fixes I have found have done anything. I have updated drivers, rolled back drivers, run it in borderless/windowed mode. It crashes most often when I have the pip boy open for a period of time, but i have gotten crashes everywhere. Any help or advice is appreciated.

None of those mods will cause that sort of problem. Reinstall the lot of them just in case, but you ought to be fine. poo poo I don't think you even need a compatibility patch for anything.

On the other hand, your CPU might prove a problem. Even a Skylack i3 will outperform it in single threaded performance. It might be worthwhile to try turning your settings down a tad.

Furthermore, make sure you're running Fallout off of a SSD, not a HDD.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/13185/

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

I'm laughing a lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?