Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Glory of Arioch posted:

but you can't stop d-name posting

:vince:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Glory of Arioch posted:

but you can't stop d-name posting

Don't ask for it then

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Despera posted:

Don't ask for it then

I'm absolutely certain that no one worth listening to has asked you to post here.

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

CommonShore posted:

The trick with Soth is that he actually seems chill and cool until you actually have to organize something with him in some way. When you're a newbee you'll be in a fleet with him and you'll say "yes" to what he wants no matter what the gently caress he wants and you get reimbursement anyway and so you don't think about it. Or if you're a bona-fide chillman like Spankys you don't give a gently caress, and you barely pay attention anyway. So people go for years without realizing how loving bad he is. It's not until you actually have to do some kind of leadership that you realize how awful he is and how bad he is at responding to anyone else's ideas, no matter how uncontroversial and sensible your idea is. Once he has a loving idea in his head it's over.

I asked for an all-all ping to issue a PSA to the coalition about not dying to Russian gate camps highsec and Soth told me to format my ping better and request it again. I just laughed and closed gfsc.

harlyq
May 9, 2014

The taint is real

DisgracelandUSA posted:

I asked for an all-all ping to issue a PSA to the coalition about not dying to Russian gate camps highsec and Soth told me to format my ping better and request it again. I just laughed and closed gfsc.

This sounds like it can save me billions. What systems they be camping?

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

darth cookie posted:

I'm absolutely certain that no one worth listening to has asked you to post here.

Orange Red Bull posted:

So i just watched the vod of the metashow and it sounds like we've taken a lot of stuff back in fade and pb and are running a well thought out campaign of unfun poo poo for the enemies that remain in the area

Im curious what the D names have to say about that :colbert:

Yeah he was kind of a dumbass. I was wanting to use that Kool aid picture against the morons running gsf and he was kind enough to ask. Send me your list of posters worth listening to so I can check next time kthx.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Despera posted:

Yeah he was kind of a dumbass. I was wanting to use that Kool aid picture against the morons running gsf and he was kind enough to ask. Send me your list of posters worth listening to so I can check next time kthx.

You mean the Kool aid picture I posted because you're too lovely to find one yourself?

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

vyst posted:

You mean the Kool aid picture I posted because you're too lovely to find one yourself?

Yeah, thanks again

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

harlyq posted:

This sounds like it can save me billions. What systems they be camping?

josameto

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!
I just skipped the last 20 pages because I assume it was more of the same:

"This person is a big meanie."
"Stop doxxing me!"
"Shut up idiot"
"Lol I paid 10$ to come and poo poo up your thread"
"More complaint about doxxing"
"Lets poo poo up on Zepherine or anyone else who left"

Seriously people, aren't you getting tired of having the same stupid bullshit arguments every few pages?
I skipped 20 loving pages, and it feels like I'm still reading the same conversation.
For a bunch of people who say they don't take the game seriously, you sure as gently caress take the game seriously.

:siren:This was a public service announcement by another d-name poster:siren:

Eminai
Apr 29, 2013

I agree with Dante, that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality.
Shut up idiot.

harlyq
May 9, 2014

The taint is real

Dalael posted:

I just skipped the last 20 pages because I assume it was more of the same:

"This person is a big meanie."
"Stop doxxing me!"
"Shut up idiot"
"Lol I paid 10$ to come and poo poo up your thread"
"More complaint about doxxing"
"Lets poo poo up on Zepherine or anyone else who left"

Seriously people, aren't you getting tired of having the same stupid bullshit arguments every few pages?
I skipped 20 loving pages, and it feels like I'm still reading the same conversation.
For a bunch of people who say they don't take the game seriously, you sure as gently caress take the game seriously.

:siren:This was a public service announcement by another d-name poster:siren:

You missed the Kool aid conversation.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Zephyrine posted:

That's the odd thing. By all accounts horde are doing better than karmafleet. Despite all the isk that is being thrown at karmafleet since it was founded. It's like karmafleet is star citizen and horde is minecraft.

People just seem to be having more fun in Horde. As if isk isn't the main motivator. That going out in free T1 frigates and dying in a fire followed by instant podding home.

Was more fun than say.... Going out in Hurricanes and avoiding any encounter that might risk the whole fleet and then do that for two hours.

Both corporations were created for the same purpose. To put more feet on the ground on behalf of their benefactor. But horde does more of it for less isk and the people doing it are having more fun.

FCON.

what an interesting analysis from the person who thought theta was everything wrong with the coalition

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

Man you drank that koolaid

Unlike any of the other posts proselytizing on behalf of their own dumb group. Especially the ones here on SA.

Worldshatter posted:

I'll agree with you that KarmaFleet and Horde line members are functionally the same, it's why we don't prevent dudes from coming over from groups like PH if they want to.

However this idea that "KF dudes are having less fun" is just bullshit based on my interactions with snoobies. The guys I talk to seem excited to be taking part in such a big war. Yeah, every now and again you'll get a vocal guy complaining in corp chat or jabber about something that happened but I'm sure there's exactly the same situation in PH.

Pretty much. I don't think KF dudes aren't having fun, but in comparison it seems there more risk averse than Horde tends to be. That's just not everyone's cup of tea.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
http://i.imgur.com/87GPFis.mp4

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Remember that time you made that huge post were you were extremely upset we shot a FCON idiot who brought a neutral jump freighter to dek. Id also like to know if all these Ishtars and VNI's we have been killing lately get handed out for free.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Dalael posted:

No. I've been doing the same poo poo with different posters for a decade. Why the gently caress would I be tired of it now?

Also, shut up idiot.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
EVEMON had a real update for the first time in like 8 years.

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
I just started playing spacegaem, how long until im as broken and awful as everyone ITT?

Fix Lag
Sep 8, 2011

There's a sale at Penny's!

Stinky Wizzleteats posted:

I just started playing spacegaem, how long until im as broken and awful as everyone ITT?

18 months

working mom
Jul 8, 2015

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

EVEMON had a real update for the first time in like 8 years.

Oh? What did they add?

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

Worldshatter posted:

I'll agree with you that KarmaFleet and Horde line members are functionally the same, it's why we don't prevent dudes from coming over from groups like PH if they want to.

However this idea that "KF dudes are having less fun" is just bullshit based on my interactions with snoobies. The guys I talk to seem excited to be taking part in such a big war. Yeah, every now and again you'll get a vocal guy complaining in corp chat or jabber about something that happened but I'm sure there's exactly the same situation in PH.

You can just look at the numbers

Karmafleet offers full Alliance membership status from day 1
Do 1 fleet in a whole month and after that you can just do whatever. Rat or solo pvp or whichever
A lot of free ships plus Peacetime SRP across the board

karmafleet recruitment numbers has pretty much stood still for a year

Horde then comes out with "You can fight for the interests of the legion, you will mostly be paying for your own ships" (In reality the scale of the "free ships" program turned out to be larger than advertised)

And they recruit almost three times karmafleets numbers in a year.

So where were all these people all along when karmafleet was recruiting? What went wrong? You can't look at this whole thing without wondering what went wrong with karmafleet recruiting. You give them full status and repeatedly throw money at them at every chance but people just aren't that interested.

And peacetime SRP does get mentioned a lot. As in "But we applied money to the problem. Why didn't it work? Do we need to apply more money?"

What magic recruitment formula did horde crack to get all these people that karmafleet didn't? And then to keep them afterwards.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Zephyrine posted:

You can just look at the numbers

Karmafleet offers full Alliance membership status from day 1
Do 1 fleet in a whole month and after that you can just do whatever. Rat or solo pvp or whichever
A lot of free ships plus Peacetime SRP across the board

karmafleet recruitment numbers has pretty much stood still for a year

Horde then comes out with "You can fight for the interests of the legion, you will mostly be paying for your own ships" (In reality the scale of the "free ships" program turned out to be larger than advertised)

And they recruit almost three times karmafleets numbers in a year.

So where were all these people all along when karmafleet was recruiting? What went wrong? You can't look at this whole thing without wondering what went wrong with karmafleet recruiting. You give them full status and repeatedly throw money at them at every chance but people just aren't that interested.

And peacetime SRP does get mentioned a lot. As in "But we applied money to the problem. Why didn't it work? Do we need to apply more money?"

What magic recruitment formula did horde crack to get all these people that karmafleet didn't? And then to keep them afterwards.

maybe, just maybe, it's the fact that horde attempts to recruit literally every character ever in highsec

not literally figuratively, literally literally

stale meme dot png
May 5, 2015
College Slice
Yeah I just went and installed it - so far so good in that it seems exactly like the old evemon, but you can actually go and download it which is nice -- the battleclinic page was just blank for a long time. God what an awful awful site battleclinic was. Not sad to see that go one bit.

Much like I come to (quietly) lurk on this forum to have a laugh, I play the dumb spaceship game to have a laugh. I am terrible but I don't care because it's hilarious watching me fail through space and makes me laugh. I post on our forums badly because I've created a bit of a persona around being a (somewhat) serendipitously bad poster and it makes me laugh. I'm quite a big fan of laughter you see and when this stuff stops getting funny and starts acting like work or serious in any way I just get turned off. I'm watching all these people go guckfoons in their own ways and I'm like hey that's... whatever. If you're doing it for a laugh then good on ya but if you're doing it because you're taking this bullshit seriously for a single second then you need to either re-evaluate your life or just get a super and join PL for that elite pvp puppetmastery experience.

Zephyrine you know I've got nothing but love for you but you should consider reimbursing Tiberious for the ISK he had to pay out to people who lost their poo poo due to Rhea Bloodspike's courierwoxing. Since according to his pubbie.com post you talking out of school in this very thread was a motivation for his actions. Also, it's only like 4.5B and it would go a long way towards at least being nice to people you said were your friends. On the other hand, it could be argued that Rhea's actions where solely to curry favor within his new alliance as although he was a pretty chill fellow, I don't think he ever ponied up :10bux:

His loss. Still it would be cool if you did that. And guess what? I'm still your friend even if you don't because people not being friends anymore over these pixels is taking the poo poo too seriously. It only seems right since you came back to space dad for the ISK you put in for the wailing wall when you left.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

quote:

You might have read this before: "You are missing out on most of what EvE has to offer unless you play together with other people"

This is why 12 months ago we created an organization with the goal of bringing complete newbies to nullsec and empowering them to access everything eve has to offer: today Pandemic Horde Inc. is the fastest growing newbie corporation counting over 6000 active members!

What we have to offer:
- Care packages for new players including free skillbooks and free ships.
- Large database of guides and lectures. (Example: Newbean Flight School).
- "Obnoxiously active" corporation with regular newbie-friendly pvp fleets (Our Activity).
- Mentoring programs available from more experienced players.
- Access to nullsec in the Querious region (Our Space).
- Make money 3 to 5 times faster than you could in empire. Yes a 1 day old character can farm npc battleships in nullsec! (Ratting Thrasher Guide).
- Be a part of WORLD WAR BEE, the great war currently unfolding in new eden (YouTube Explanation) (Official CCP Page).

How can you join? Here is a simple video on how to join horde: How to join Horde.

You can also drop by our public channel and ask for more information click to join our ingame channel!.

Hope to see you soon!!

this character was 12 hours old when it got a mail, if you're in a newbie system you get recruited yeah big fuckin surprise they get more recruits

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

maybe, just maybe, it's the fact that horde attempts to recruit literally every character ever in highsec

not literally figuratively, literally literally

Higher standards?

TRAP HOUSE MOUSE posted:

Zephyrine you know I've got nothing but love for you but you should consider reimbursing Tiberious for the ISK he had to pay out to people who lost their poo poo due to Rhea Bloodspike's courierwoxing. Since according to his pubbie.com post you talking out of school in this very thread was a motivation for his actions. Also, it's only like 4.5B and it would go a long way towards at least being nice to people you said were your friends. On the other hand, it could be argued that Rhea's actions where solely to curry favor within his new alliance as although he was a pretty chill fellow, I don't think he ever ponied up :10bux:

His loss. Still it would be cool if you did that. And guess what? I'm still your friend even if you don't because people not being friends anymore over these pixels is taking the poo poo too seriously. It only seems right since you came back to space dad for the ISK you put in for the wailing wall when you left.

I'll try to keep that in mind.

nessin
Feb 7, 2010

Zephyrine posted:

Let's assume everything is perfectly equal and the value of a corporations health is in numbers as you seem to imply. In that instance Karma fleet is still, what, #2 or #3 in the game? Complete failure, doom and gloom all around.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Zephyrine posted:

Karmafleet requires an API

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Pretty sure PH just accepts anything with a pulse.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Zephyrine posted:

They recruit literally anybody and offer them a chance to be pointed at Goons in a vaguely organised fashion. Karmafleet means not shooting goons and requires at least the bare minimum effort to show you aren't going to gently caress us over. :ms:

stale meme dot png
May 5, 2015
College Slice

Zephyrine posted:

I'll try to keep that in mind.

Please do try. The way I see it Tiberious seems like a nice guy but may have been a little slow on the reaction there since it ostensibly happened during shift change and he was getting up to speed. Since Tiberious was your hand-picked successor, and one could argue that Rhea did what he did because of your posting here (as he intimated), you actually sort of owe it to ITL to make some amends there. You can grr goons all you want but ITL is a bit of a different story with you I think, considering you built it. I would hope that you would care about it enough to make a token gesture if for no other reason than to show Tiberious some support. Or are you really taking all of this seriously and don't want to know any of us anymore? I hope not, but I'll be on the lookout for a non-ironic reddit account just in case. If you don't realize that last line was a joke, you are already lost my friend.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

TRAP HOUSE MOUSE posted:

you actually sort of owe it to ITL to make some amends there.

:laffo:

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!
People who make 0 collateral contracts to ITL deserve everything they get, even the stupid injector loss.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
karmafleet requires a really long and annoying application and you need to wait like a week plus to get in, whereas phorde you can just apply and get in within like, 10 minutes or something

stale meme dot png
May 5, 2015
College Slice
one of the jabs PL makes at us is that we have to collateralize contracts at all. It's easy to say that in an alliance with a couple hundred active dudes. It would be a nice thing to do for Tiberious. I don't care about the people who lost their stuff but he paid out so if it were me I would have at least thrown in on that in a sort of "oops my bad" kind of thing. Like anything else in this game it's whatever though.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

darth cookie posted:

They recruit literally anybody and offer them a chance to be pointed at Goons in a vaguely organised fashion. Karmafleet means not shooting goons and requires at least the bare minimum effort to show you aren't going to gently caress us over. :ms:

Pointed at Goons is a good observation. It goes well in line with the whole "why won't people use the Goon gambling service"

But having been around both groups now. I can say that neither PH nor SNOO can really claim to attract "superior human beings" when compared to the other. It's all shobons and they're cute and flailing most of the time. PH just has more shobons but shobons still. Anyone who has been on the goonfleet forum can probably confirm that karmafleet hasn't exactly been filtering gems out either. They're all just regular people with somewhat good intentions and little experience.

TRAP HOUSE MOUSE posted:

Please do try. The way I see it Tiberious seems like a nice guy but may have been a little slow on the reaction there since it ostensibly happened during shift change and he was getting up to speed. Since Tiberious was your hand-picked successor, and one could argue that Rhea did what he did because of your posting here (as he intimated), you actually sort of owe it to ITL to make some amends there. You can grr goons all you want but ITL is a bit of a different story with you I think, considering you built it. I would hope that you would care about it enough to make a token gesture if for no other reason than to show Tiberious some support. Or are you really taking all of this seriously and don't want to know any of us anymore? I hope not, but I'll be on the lookout for a non-ironic reddit account just in case. If you don't realize that last line was a joke, you are already lost my friend.

I sort of already paid a price in that affair. Since my name was mentioned to many times in Rheas thread. A lot of people assumed that it was my thread. So the attitude became "oh well you stole a lot of stuff from Goons so that's cool I guess but I'm not letting you near any of my stuff"

TRAP HOUSE MOUSE posted:

one of the jabs PL makes at us is that we have to collateralize contracts at all. It's easy to say that in an alliance with a couple hundred active dudes. It would be a nice thing to do for Tiberious. I don't care about the people who lost their stuff but he paid out so if it were me I would have at least thrown in on that in a sort of "oops my bad" kind of thing. Like anything else in this game it's whatever though.

The PL services have collateral on everything. "One of the jabs PL makes" =/= "this guy on Reddit with a PL flair said"

Zephyrine fucked around with this message at 10:04 on May 8, 2016

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

TRAP HOUSE MOUSE posted:

I mean "have" to. ITL basically has to because it's a group of like 40 people any of which can go gently caress goons. 0 collateral only really works when it's just one person or a small group of people (e.g. Padded Helmets) or there is no other option. The dude running ITL didn't really have to pay out if he didn't want to

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

gwrtheyrn posted:

I mean "have" to. ITL basically has to because it's a group of like 40 people any of which can go gently caress goons. 0 collateral only really works when it's just one person or a small group of people (e.g. Padded Helmets) or there is no other option. The dude running ITL didn't really have to pay out if he didn't want to

There aren't enough people in either the Imperium or Panfam who can be trusted with the enormous value of the cargo who are at the same time willing to run cargo for a living.
Collateral is every bit "needed"

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

Zephyrine posted:

There aren't enough people in either the Imperium or Panfam who can be trusted with the enormous value of the cargo who are at the same time willing to run cargo for a living.
Collateral is every bit "needed"

Well at this moment, that's not quite true because there's virtually no industrial traffic for the imperium, but yes normally there isn't a single person / small group that would want to handle the ~600 million m3 / month that was moving back and forth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stale meme dot png
May 5, 2015
College Slice

Zephyrine posted:

I sort of already paid a price in that affair. Since my name was mentioned to many times in Rheas thread. A lot of people assumed that it was my thread. So the attitude became "oh well you stole a lot of stuff from Goons so that's cool I guess but I'm not letting you near any of my stuff"

Ouch. That sucks and I'm sorry to hear that. I don't think that'll last though and if you were to start something up down the road a bit it should work out fine. I do understand the delay this perception would cause is costly though.

Zephyrine posted:

The PL services have collateral on everything. "One of the jabs PL makes" =/= "this guy on PL with a reddit flair said"

Hey remember that evemail I sent you when you left -- the first really long one?

• Locked thread