Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

TRAP HOUSE MOUSE posted:

Ouch. That sucks and I'm sorry to hear that. I don't think that'll last though and if you were to start something up down the road a bit it should work out fine. I do understand the delay this perception would cause is costly though.

Hey remember that evemail I sent you when you left -- the first really long one?

The PH service is actually pretty good and ran by someone like me who cares about the work and not the isk. So I'll probably help out there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Zephyrine posted:

The PH service is actually pretty good and ran by someone like me who cares about the work and not the isk. So I'll probably help out there.

oh please do :buddy:

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013

Zephyrine posted:

You can just look at the numbers

Karmafleet is part of the Imperium, the evil empire led by the evil emperor that most pubbies hates.
Pandemic Horde is part of Pandemic Legion, the high end hardcore guild that a lot of pubbies aspire to become associated with.

And they sucessufly fight the big evil empire in the CCP advertised "World War Bee" to make things better.

In addition to that. Karmafleet has some requirements to apply, such as submiting a API key and taking part in a fleet per month.
Pandemic Horde auth director just mash the accept button on every application.

It's no wonder who get the most members.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
It's almost as if Karmafleet and PH are both good options for people who want to have fun playing this dumb game with slightly different flavourings and trying to claim 'our ragtag band of merry reddit idiots is better than yours' is really loving dumb.

Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

Vando posted:

It's almost as if Karmafleet and PH are both good options for people who want to have fun playing this dumb game with slightly different flavourings and trying to claim 'our ragtag band of merry reddit idiots is better than yours' is really loving dumb.

Yeah, oh my god you guys who cares.

Also it's FLAVOR AID not Kool Aid. They drank flavor aid at Jonestown. That is all.

Oh wait I looked it up. I guess it's both, well carry on with the circular arguments then I guess.

Xachariah fucked around with this message at 10:56 on May 8, 2016

dragonstalking
Oct 6, 2013

by Shine

evilweasel posted:

its important that they remember their place as the underclass though, otherwise how will pl be as elite if all of the waffles people are part of pl :ohdear:

why, some of them don't even have a supercap

Waffles are legit better than maybe 3 of the corps in PL so that's a pretty dumb statement.

dragonstalking
Oct 6, 2013

by Shine

Worldshatter posted:

The most valuable thing clay did for gsf was inflict himself upon our enemies

This is a dude that literally got laughed out of KarmaFleet

Waffles are willing to give anybody a shot to prove they aren't useless.

dragonstalking
Oct 6, 2013

by Shine

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

we don't care. hope that helps

You can't talk for a few pages about PanFam and then pull the we don't care card, it makes you look stupid hope that helps.

dragonstalking fucked around with this message at 11:14 on May 8, 2016

dragonstalking
Oct 6, 2013

by Shine

Orange Red Bull posted:

So i just watched the vod of the metashow and it sounds like we've taken a lot of stuff back in fade and pb and are running a well thought out campaign of unfun poo poo for the enemies that remain in the area

Im curious what the D names have to say about that :colbert:

stale meme dot png
May 5, 2015
College Slice

Vando posted:

It goes back to the whole taking this all too seriously thing. Who cares really? In the 80's, Roger Waters tried to sue David Gilmour to keep him and the rest of the band from performing under the name Pink Floyd. Roger lost and we got a couple goddamned awful "Pink Floyd" albums shoved at us over the next decade but it doesn't really matter - a ton of people bought those albums and in the end everyone all got really old and hugged it out on stage.

I'd like to see the hugging it out and goonification but I'm not going to poo poo on DJ's corp or people going there. Goons are goons to me. Roger's solo work was good more than it was bad, and anything is better than the elite pvp mindset. I can like PH for being cute newbies and literally taking anyone at all, dying horribly and laughing it off while I can simultaneously not endorse the parent PL culture and mindset. Do I think karmafleet does the NPE stuff a bit better? Sure but I'm also biased because karmafleet are a big part of GSF so I generally root for them.

In the end it's all about where you are comfortable playing and having the most fun. I do happen to think that the aforementioned new player experience plays a big part in whether or not you're able to retain the people that you bring in. This is why I will be interested to watch the trajectory of PH to see what it looks like in another year. I just don't think they'll have a lot of the same players around for various reasons. I could be wrong -- we'll see and that's why it interests me from a sociological standpoint.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

dragonstalking posted:

You can't talk for a few pages about PanFam and then pull the we don't care card, it makes you look stupid HTH.

Not as stupid as loving triplequad posting jfc press that ONE EXTRA BUTTON you idiot gently caress

dragonstalking
Oct 6, 2013

by Shine

Zephyrine posted:

What magic recruitment formula did horde crack to get all these people that karmafleet didn't? And then to keep them afterwards.

RMT payments. I'll get you added to the mailing list soontm

dragonstalking
Oct 6, 2013

by Shine

Vando posted:

Not as stupid as loving triplequad posting jfc press that ONE EXTRA BUTTON you idiot gently caress

I have to :justpost: for my eventual defection into GoonFleetWaffeSwarmBond

dragonstalking
Oct 6, 2013

by Shine

Zephyrine posted:

The PL services have collateral on everything. "One of the jabs PL makes" =/= "this guy on Reddit with a PL flair said"

No only PH has collateral. Waffles and PL never do.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
There is a small possibility that I will be able to play more on weekends again if i can run the client on my old iMac. I will be attempting this later today. This could be awesome! :D

Also please don't quad post like that. Just click quote and copy them all to a new post on a new page.

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings

Vando posted:

I understand that the posters on FHC also see this as very important and get equally angry about it.

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings
It's never really struck me as a big deal.

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings
ymmv

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Breaking Endie's streak to save him from VG's wrath.

I gotchu fam. Try to restrain your rebellious Scottish spirit.

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings
^^ You're a good man. I can't be saved, though.

VideoGames posted:

There is a small possibility that I will be able to play more on weekends again if i can run the client on my old iMac. I will be attempting this later today. This could be awesome! :D

Also please don't quad post like that. Just click quote and copy them all to a new post on a new page.

Given the issues with this lovely thread (like, for instance, the lovely, tired and overworked "oh no your name begins with d" meme) someone splitting his responses up (but still posting content) is pretty low down the list of shame.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
It is low but at the same time we can do better. Little things to improve eventually spread out everywhere.

I am being more lax in this thread than others specifically because of all the history that has gone on into EVE and the wars. I understand we have some animosity and changing alliances and this is a place to let out some of the tension. At the same time I don't want it to become a dump free for all place. Its a fine line to tread.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

VideoGames posted:

It is low but at the same time we can do better. Little things to improve eventually spread out everywhere.

I am being more lax in this thread than others specifically because of all the history that has gone on into EVE and the wars. I understand we have some animosity and changing alliances and this is a place to let out some of the tension. At the same time I don't want it to become a dump free for all place. Its a fine line to tread.

You are too good for us.

working mom
Jul 8, 2015

VideoGames posted:

We're all terrible people its true

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

VideoGames posted:

When Making Post, you can also click the quote button on any of the posts below and it'll be added to your post, so it's even less effort than copy + paste.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
i dont even quad here, endie trying to defend the poo poo out of notably bad reddit repeater dragonstalking owns though

I can say one thing in d-stalkings defense, he may c/p everything from reddit to here, but at least he doesn't copy literally everything that looks like it could be a fight to reddit to bask in That Sweet rear end Karma, unlike daruna, boy is that dude loving stupid

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

VideoGames posted:

oh no, you're falling into the eve hole, by the time anyone sees you you'll be 5 years older and really really loving mad at the world

dragonstalking
Oct 6, 2013

by Shine
Ohana means family, and family means no post gets left behind.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
http://i.imgur.com/yMH0Rmk.webm

see didnt even triple

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013
Beside cyno what interesting role can you fulfill with a 5mp SP alt ?
I was thinking of PI and Market, maybe probing ?

Krogort fucked around with this message at 12:59 on May 8, 2016

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Puppers fightin dirty with the leg bite

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Krogort posted:

You could probably make a decent combat astero for hunting other explorers and could definitely make a gank catalyst pilot for miniluv shenanigans.

dragonstalking
Oct 6, 2013

by Shine

Krogort posted:

SP farming so you too can be in on the eventual market crash.

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013

dragonstalking posted:

SP farming so you too can be in on the eventual market crash.

With is why I intend to make usefull stuff out of those character slots, the accounts they are on will be subbed anyway.
Best case scenario I make some money out of them, worst case that's cheap alt.
Happy middle ground is free, role specific, 5m SP alts.

Krogort fucked around with this message at 13:07 on May 8, 2016

working mom
Jul 8, 2015

Krogort posted:

Here are some of the ones I've made/am making from re-purposed PI alts:
Bomber alt - both hound and purifier with T2 torps
Flycatcher/stork/jackdaw alt - with t2 rockets/lml and shield/missile supports to 4, most nav and engineering to 4 also
Blockade runner - If you live in a WH you can also cram in t2 explo frig and scanning skills in there so its an amazing alt to have (with plenty left over for cyno 4, t2 tank and interceptors)
Freighter - self explanatory, doubles well with market

Was going to make a bumping alt but :rip: bumping soon

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead

Krogort posted:

L5 mission puller with maxed social skills for that sweet sweet LP.

e: also, when budgeting SP for your injector-farming alts, remember you need to set aside 768k SP for Cybernetics V.

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Zephyrine posted:

The PL services have collateral on everything. "One of the jabs PL makes" =/= "this guy on Reddit with a PL flair said"

That's Horde services, PL stuff is done collateral free- because nobody is going to trade their spot in the Legion for whatever gimmicky elite pvp bullshit someone wants to import from Jita.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
REMEMBER TO GIVE A poo poo ABOUT YOUR MOM FOR THE ONE DAY A YEAR YOU FEEL YOU HAVE TO

http://i.imgur.com/YMHvOsd.webm

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
share the cheetos today

Worldshatter
May 7, 2015

:kazooieass:PEPSI for TV-GAME:kazooieass:

Vando posted:

All the newbee groups are really cool and I enjoy interacting with all of them. Just a week or so ago I popped down to the bni cyno vigil to say hi and they were all cool guys.

PH has more members than KarmaFleet, in small part due to ccp war labeling and in larger parts due to the incredibly relaxed entry requirements (KF doesn't take a week to get into like was said but it can take 1-2 days because we actually check poo poo) and the fact that reddit, where the majority of these players come from, is consistently anti-gsf.

However I don't see how zeph can be suggesting "we have more members that you, therefore we're having more fun." In truth most people are having fun because spacegame can be fun sometimes and newbees have not yet learned to hate it.

Worldshatter fucked around with this message at 14:42 on May 8, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Worldshatter
May 7, 2015

:kazooieass:PEPSI for TV-GAME:kazooieass:

• Locked thread