Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tgidieday
May 7, 2007
You can't kill me, I quit!

Scyantific posted:

Nope, testing confirmed a 100% uptime on the PTS.

Well that's good at least. If you're still on, make a sharpened one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

tgidieday posted:

Well that's good at least. If you're still on, make a sharpened one.

Not on PTS, got the info from a friend.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

http://tamrielfoundry.com/2016/05/datamining-vvardenfell/

Is this really happening

Mr. Carrier Pigeon
Aug 22, 2013

Those birds certainly know what they're doin'!

It'd be hella awesome if it was. There does seem to be quite a bit to back it up data-wise, too.

tgidieday
May 7, 2007

Berke Negri posted:

Two New 4-Player Dungeons

Yay, content! :circlefap:

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011
I hope it is. I would love to revisit Vvardenfell in ESO.

Dead Gromit
Jan 23, 2016

No more cheese,
only death

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Is there a goon guild/any way to actually communicate in game without keyboards?

I would also be interested in this.
Any goons on PS4 in a guild/want to set one up?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

I want to get excited about a possible Vvardenfell release, but knowing Zenimax's current track record the content will be nerfed into the ground 2 weeks into the testing period.

Definitely would love to see some more Argonian based content though.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

radintorov posted:

I hope it is. I would love to revisit Vvardenfell in ESO.

I was somewhat skeptical when this first came up from Russian dataminers last week but it kind of does look like the real deal. Of course, just because something is data mined doesn't mean it is coming out any time soon, we had stuff on Orsinium data mined long before that came out. The weird thing is they've always been, "Yeah, we'd love to do Vvardenfell but we don't have any plans any time soon".

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010
What should I buy with my monthly sub crowns?

DLC is way too expensive unless I just buy crowns. At $75 for all the DLC with DB, or 6 months worth of staying subbed for them, it seems like it'd be far more cost effective to just sub when I want to do them. The only ( ? ) zone it sounds like I'd ever really go back to after clearing on my main guy would be Imperial City, so maybe I should buy that in case I decide to unsub in the future?

Costumes and Pets don't interest me. Mounts don't interest me outside of -maybe- the bear for the hilarity of a Khajit riding a bear.

None of the Crown Motif packs interest me, outside of maybe one or two, and it sounds like they all drop ingame anyway? Also 5k Crowns is a bit excessive, it'd be 4 months before I could buy one Motif pack.

Summonable Banker/Merchant seem useful, but again 4 months to get a single one seems excessive. It's not like it's that hard to wayshrine to town anyway ( and it's not like space is really an issue anymore/will be an issue with crafting bags. ).

Money is barely an issue right now, and I'm already close to 110 bag space, so both the bag space/bank space upgrades seem wasteful. I'll have more then enough space by the time I need it ( especially with crafting bags! ).

Ironically it seems like the best investment is either Bear, or maybe just buy 2 stacks of the Riding Upgrades, since it'd take 180 days to fully upgrade a horse otherwise. Time being the most valuable commodity and all that.

Curious if I'm missing anything though.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

Don't spend crowns on motifs, that's always been a whale trap. The only one that would remotely be worth it, I guess, would be glass as that's very expensive in-game and takes a lot of effort and time to actually earn. But that would only be if you really love the look of glass and actual real money isn't a concern. All the motifs are just cosmetic, and all can be earned (relatively easily for most) in-game.

My rule of thumb when it comes to these kind of shops is if you're going to get something, make sure that it's account bound so it carries over to all your characters for as long as the game is out. If you're not picking up DLC, or costumes/mounts/pets, then there's not a lot left as most things are just cosmetic.

If you've got the crowns already to spend the banker might not be bad, though if you're planning to stay subbed once craft bags come out this will free up a lot of personal inventory space and bank space so it might not be as necessary in the future. The merchant assistant can't repair items iirc, so it's kind of useless because there's merchants everywhere in the game and with the craft bag, its going to be a lot harder to max out space where you'd need something like that.

If you've got some crowns but aren't interested in anything else, riding lessons would be helpful to jumpstart your character but again, that's just for that character. If you start an alt you're back at square one.

Last big spending I did with crowns was to max out my bank, but I had already spent quite a bit of in-game money on upgrades already needing only like four or so to complete it. Bank upgrades get really prohibitively expensive, but with crafting bags coming now that isn't as big a QoL issue as before. Now I get to figure out what to do with 240 bank slots that are almost all storing crafting mats at the moment.

edit: Basically if you're subbed and don't plan on buying DLC anything left that's "worth it" in my opinion would be the cosmetic stuff, everything else is very easy to earn in-game or only a minor bump in QoL improvements.

Berke Negri fucked around with this message at 06:48 on May 8, 2016

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
Seems like if you have the cp, then v14 equivalent gear becomes the de facto leveling gear from 1-50 at least. 1/10 the resources of v16, easy enough to get, etc.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Troncat coming soon. Buy that.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

Rookersh posted:

• Dumb costume
  • Dumb, weird or large mount (troncat, camel)
Everyone should have this.

tgidieday
May 7, 2007

Rookersh posted:

Don't forget the Adventurer pack. Or maybe Mara pledges, eight of those are a great way to blow through crowns.

e: I guess at this point the Adventurer pack is really only good if you like PvP or have friends that want to play on a dumb faction.

tgidieday fucked around with this message at 12:25 on May 8, 2016

im gay
Jul 20, 2013

by Lowtax
It's so painful to level. I did not know it was going to take this long. I just want to PvP. Any suggestions?

Mr. Carrier Pigeon
Aug 22, 2013

im gay posted:

It's so painful to level. I did not know it was going to take this long. I just want to PvP. Any suggestions?

Blackwater Blade. Level by doing what you want to do!

Seriously, just go in and LFG bomb chat and you'll get something. Then go hit keeps and other people and have fun!

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

im gay posted:

You can grind, but it's ill-advised if it's your first character.

Here are the best spots to grind if you're in the EP faction:

Stonefalls: Vivec's Antlers; West of Ebonheart city, bout top-center on the map. The Dreugh there will get you from level 5 to level 16
Deshaan I: West Narsis, west of Mournhold, lower left of the map. Zombies there should get you to level 18
Deshaan II: Silent Mire, east of Mournhold, southeastern area of the map. Pirates there should get you to around level 26, and the dolmen is a good place to get some XP as well, clear it every time it pops up.
Shadowfen: Percolating Mire, southeast corner of the map. More pirates there which should get you to level 34. Do the nearby dolmen as well for XP
Eastmarch: Skip this zone, no worthwhile grinding spots
The Rift I: Northwind Mine. Upper center of map, should get you to level 41-42 fairly easy.
The Rift II: Lost Prospect. Southeast of Riften, zombies should get you to about 45-46
Coldharbour I: Vile Laboratory, east of Hollow City. This place should get you to level 50 and into vet/champion ranks.
Coldharbour II: Cliffs of Failure, north of Vile Laboratory. Same as Coldharbour I

Past level 50 it's either doing the Cadwell areas, following only the main quests in each zone, Imperial Sewers grinding, and daily random dungeons.

What's your @name anyway (if you're on PC NA)?

im gay
Jul 20, 2013

by Lowtax

Scyantific posted:

What's your @name anyway (if you're on PC NA)?

@tangrerr

im gay
Jul 20, 2013

by Lowtax
Thanks for the invite tonight. I got all the mods setup and I should be able to quest a bit easier now too.

Any recommended skill guides for a magblade?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

You'll want Destruction Staff, Light Armor, and the majority of the skills from your class trees.

Definitely pick up the first skill from each of the Nightblade lines, Assassin's blade is a great finisher, Shadow Cloak is good for avoiding difficult monsters, and Strife is probably the best balanced damage-to-cost ratio skill out there, and can be morphed to a version that acts as an off heal too.

Basically, Magicka Nightblade is probably one of the easiest classes to pick up because of how little it actually depends on outside skill lines.

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe
Decided to try this again after dropping it soon after release. Maybe I'll get farther than level 20 this time. I'm already in ebonheart goons, but can @g0del get an invite to the deconstruct guild so I can learn the good traits? Also, what level should I be before I play around in the expansion areas? Am I going to instantly die if I go to Orsinium at level 20?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Hahahahahaha oh my god the 2.4.2 patch notes are out and it's a goddamn clusterfuck.

quote:

Surge: This ability and its morphs now restore a flat value of health whenever you deal a Critical Strike. It will now also proc on any Critical Strike instead of only direct damage Critical Strikes, but can only restore health once every second.

Thanks for loving nerfing sorcs into the ground you assholes. Now it doesn't matter if my Wrecking Blows, Overloads, or Fragments hit for 30k+, since I'll be getting a flat heal and not a percentage heal. The shield nerf I could live with because I got good enough to not rely on shields, but this surge nerf? Might as well just tell sorcs to go gently caress themselves.

quote:

The Steed
Block Expertise:
Renamed this Champion ability to Shadow Ward.
This Champion ability has been switched with the Elusive ability from The Shadow constellation.

The Shadow
Elusive:
Renamed this Champion ability to Ironclad.
This Champion ability has been switched with the Block Expertise ability from The Steed constellation.

Why yes let's remove the one loving passive that everyone uses because it synergizes perfectly with the tree it's in to a loving tree that doesn't even complement it. Guess this is their way of dealing with infinite sustain builds in PvP. Between this and the removal of Bracing from Heavy Armor, it's almost like Zenimax wants tanks to disappear completely.

quote:

Ravage Stamina and Ravage Magicka poisons are only increasing costs by 30%, instead of the intended 60% cost increase.
Hahahahaha holy poo poo, there's literally no point in running any other poison instead of Ravage Magicka/Stamina in PvP now.

tl;dr it wasn't long before they hosed up the Dark Brotherhood patch completely.

E: Yep, Surge is completely loving useless now. 1900 health doesn't even begin to loving compare with the 10k+ heals ennuid and I used to get on our stam sorcs.

Synthwave Crusader fucked around with this message at 23:22 on May 9, 2016

tgidieday
May 7, 2007

Not sure what I dislike more: radical changes to PvE because some dev got rocked in PvP, or radical changes to PvE that are completely unmotivated.

Mr. Carrier Pigeon
Aug 22, 2013

tgidieday posted:

Not sure what I dislike more: radical changes to PvE because some dev got rocked in PvP, or radical changes to PvE that are completely unmotivated.

It's all of the above. It's almost as if they don't understand how to balance 2 entirely different content groups with entirely different playstyles.

Oh wait, they don't.

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

Mr. Carrier Pigeon posted:

It's all of the above. It's almost as if they don't understand how to balance 2 entirely different content groups with entirely different playstyles.

Oh wait, they don't.

The case of every mmo that tries to mix pve and pvp, balance one screw up the other unless you make abilities act different in pvp and pve. Which for some reason most devs seem reluctant to do.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Fried Sushi posted:

The case of every mmo that tries to mix pve and pvp, balance one screw up the other unless you make abilities act different in pvp and pve. Which for some reason most devs seem reluctant to do.

Except they have the solution to the problem right in front of them: Battle Spirit.

The same Cyrodiil effect that increases health and cuts damage/heals/shields across the board can be used for specific PvP only changes. Instead we get this loving garbage that impacts both PvE and PvP negatively.

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
Did you test the crit surge? Is literally 1900 cap for one second or is there some other counting mechanism (he asked in mild disbelief)?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

It's a flat value that is affected by the Blessed passive, but as a DD sorc you want your points going into damage, crit damage, or penetration. This is a bullshit change because someone probably got mad about sorcs being able to outheal incoming damage by stacking nothing but crit modifiers.

Doomfunk if you're reading this, please punch some sense into Wrobel and have him and his team revert the Bracing, Block Expertise, and Surge nerfs.

tgidieday
May 7, 2007

Scyantific posted:

Doomfunk if you're reading this, please punch some sense into Wrobel and have him and his team revert the Bracing, Block Expertise, and Surge nerfs.

Also, balance changes haven't made any sense since Update 6. Did you guys happen to buy a dartboard around that time?

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

These changes seem weird and bad but hey I'm almost back up to 400k gold for the first time since coming back :toot:

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

On the other hand I got five pieces of masonry repair kits for the end of campaign reward.

Er uh, thanks, Warlord Zimmeron of the Pact. Love to serve.

Mr. Carrier Pigeon
Aug 22, 2013

Berke Negri posted:

On the other hand I got five pieces of masonry repair kits for the end of campaign reward.

Er uh, thanks, Warlord Zimmeron of the Pact. Love to serve.

Haha. Yeah, this shouldn't be a thing either but I can only assume that any inquiry about it would be met with a half-hearted "working as intended".

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger

quote:

Guard: Redesigned this ability and its morphs so they no longer intercept projectiles around you; instead, they are now single target abilities that can be cast on an ally to tether to them. While tethered, 30% of the damage they take is redistributed to you.

Your Stamina Recovery is disabled while tethered to the ally, but the tether can be broken by recasting the spell or moving more than 15 meters away from them.

PvP Guard builds might be interesting with the change to Guard. A self healing tank running guard on a min/maxed dps or healer will essentially give them 30% more health pool. The Stam disable is a thing, but could probably be worked around.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

So yesterday I guess ZoS said they'll be changing (or clarified?) silver and gold from basically mirroring live with CP levels instead of VR to

quote:

To account for this, we adjusted the level of monsters across the Silver and Gold zones. Silver zones are now Champion Point 40, 70, 100, 130, 150. As we expect you to be around 160 Champion Points or higher after completing Silver, all of the Gold zones exclusively have Champion Point 160 monsters. This provides an optimal leveling experience for new players, and max-level players have an entire alliance's worth of content to explore and gain full experience in.

That's an improvement and will give non-DLC owning players somewhere other than Cyrodiil for exp making and (presumably) mat gathering, but I still think they should just battle level both silver and gold like how the DLC works so players can play either at whatever CP level they want, or wherever they want.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Player: "Would you be willing to take a look at, and possibly buff magicka sorcs for PvE?"
Wrobel: "Nope. PLEASE CHECK OUT OUR NEW STAMINA MORPH THOUGH. I THINK IT'S GOOD."

Like, didn't even bother to explain why they have no intention of helping magicka sorcs out, immediately swept it under the rug and shilled the only change to sorcerers this patch, and a terrible one at that. Why the gently caress do you even bother to tell someone who's asking about magicka sorcerers to check out a skill that is intended for stamina classes.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

It shouldn't be that hard to do the math. I've seen poo poo like that built for WoW to maximize DPS, and it would "solve" the problem.

Mr. Carrier Pigeon
Aug 22, 2013

drat. Just straight-up shot down. Maybe he should get Asayre involved. I've read some of that guys :science: posts. Maybe his stuff could satisfy the overlord.

Oh, and an obligatory gently caress Wrobel.

tgidieday
May 7, 2007
"Stamina and magicka builds from all four classes do the same damage" - an idiot.

e: Serious talk, it really isn't that hard to simulate this stuff, but I see two problems. First, a good model has to capture everything, not just tooltip damage. It needs to include rotations, animations, ultimate generation, movement, fight mechanics, etc. A good model should find broken builds before shipping them to customers. Second, a good model is not a destination, but a process guided by continuous observation. It needs a good scientist behind it, one always open to the possibility that they might have missed something.

That they are constantly surprised by the meta, clumsily lurching from one off-target nerf to the next, shows their modeling is poor. That they are reflexively ignoring criticism shows it will never get better.

tgidieday fucked around with this message at 14:11 on May 12, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Wrobel right now

• Locked thread