Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I laughed more at this than I did most of their stuff

the bad art was way out of place, though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.
So, apparently, from magazine summaries:

quote:

43 - Goku's "ki" went out of control!? Struggling while taking care of Pan
Writer: King Ryu

Goku, who used his ki in a messed up way during the tournament against Universe 6, is now suffering from a "delayed violent disposition", which makes him unable to control his ki however he wants. By not being able to fully use his Instant Transmition from Planet Kaiou to his house, he ends up destroying it. Until his house is repaired, Goku, who now meant trouble, went to Gohan's house to take care of Pan but, lurking around plotting their revenge was the Pilaf gang.

44 - The secret of the unleashed "Choujinsui", the seal of Planet Pot-au-feu!
Writer: Yoshifumi Fukushima

One day, Monaka, who really was just a deliveryman from a shipping company, went to Bulma's house to deliver a package and found himself in an awkward situation by helping her with an experiment. Meanwhile, Trunks and Goten, who were playing in Monaka's load-carrying tray, fell asleep. Monaka, not knowing a thing, took off to Planet Pot-au-feu. In Planet Pot-au-feu there's "Choujinsui", a miraculous water, which was being protected by Potaaju but had its seal broken by Guriiru.

45 - Vegeta disappears!? The menacing copy-Vegeta!
Writer: Yoshifumi Fukushima

Vegeta and Jaco go to Planet Pot-au-feu to pick up Trunks and Goten. Vegeta saves them from the copy-Sautéjin, who was attacking the boys, but, having drank the "Choujinsui", the Sautéjin turns into copy-Vegeta and stands in his way.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I actually liked that abridged movie. There's a lot of flaws but ultimately it made me laugh.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

CharlestheHammer posted:

Not dumb ones anyway. Dismissing something based on arbitrary poo poo (that isn't even correct)is as dumb as it gets.

i hate, hate, HATE people whose opinions differ from my own

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Namtab posted:

I actually liked that abridged movie. There's a lot of flaws but ultimately it made me laugh.

You are weak namtab

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Namtab posted:

Ya, I agree, it was ultimately an experience that I enjoyed.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Namtab posted:

i hate, hate, HATE people whose opinions differ from my own

If you don't find it funny or entertaining that is one thing, but being mad it isn't literally an abridging of the series is dumb.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

StrifeHira posted:

So, apparently, from magazine summaries:

Well, that's... something.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Baal posted:

You are weak namtab

Sorry I mean......bad dad jokes! Gorky is actually a good dad and my dad

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.

So THAT's where Gohan's Ultimate powerup went.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

StrifeHira posted:

Oh my god

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I'm fine with this development.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

StrifeHira posted:

Already liking here more than GT Pan.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

StrifeHira posted:

Super is finally good

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

DERRRRRPPP what are picture threads for????

StrifeHira posted:

Um that actually makes a bit of sense!

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I don't say this enough, but I really love abridged Roshi and Turtle.

Rody One Half fucked around with this message at 04:26 on May 8, 2016

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Gohan is theoretically stronger than Goku, so it makes sense that Pan has even more potential than him

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

pan was a super saiyan before she was even born. the bargain sale never ends

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Manatee Cannon posted:

pan was a super saiyan before she was even born. the bargain sale never ends

Still not better than Bardock who went back in time and became a Super Saiyan before his parents were even born.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

eh, he was an adult tho

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived.

Rodyle posted:

I don't say this enough, but I really love abridged Roshi and Turtle.
"I am 999 years old I don't give a gently caress" is when I decided that I would accept this movie despite all its flaws.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

StrifeHira posted:

YES

Lupus Rufus
Aug 11, 2008

Prepare for trouble!

And make it a double!

StrifeHira posted:

ADORABLE!! omg. Can't wait for next week's episode.

Shards of Fate
Apr 19, 2002

They look like monsters to you?
A lot of genuine laughs came out from me from this episode. Especially the scene with vegeta and piccolo.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Yamcha doesn't even need a fight to job anymore

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Fun episode again.
Yamcha the perennial fuckup is great and Gohan being so irrelevant that he's only featured in fun time filler as a "he's not coming" is hilarious.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Chiaotzu actually did a thing in this episode? Heresy.

I see Goku is now canonically at TFS level of intelligence, though. :v:

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

StrifeHira posted:

what is this lamarckian bullshit.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Toei. :allears:

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Carlosologist posted:

Gohan is theoretically stronger than Goku

I think that ship has sailed

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
Now I'm thinking that Arale's voice actor is actually coming to voice some Pan gurgles and not Arale's glorious return and my heart is broken.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Holy poo poo Puar transformed again.

That hasn't happened since the 80's.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
What an amazing episode. :allears: can't wait for next week, ever since DBS was announced I was hyped about the prospect of an episode where Goku babysits Pan and it looks like it'll be glorious.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Worlds Strongest Abridged was kind of a letdown after Super 13 was one of my favorites they've ever done. Better than History of No Jokes though.

So how is this Dragonball Super thing? I was pretty turned off to the concept when the first two arcs were just going to retread the movies, but my friend says its really good so I dunno. I always liked Dragonball best during Z, as a Sci Fi Kung Fu Melodrama and this seems more like its going back to the comedic roots of OG Dragonball. Not that I dislike that, but...

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

That episode was so much fun. DBS rules :allears:

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Sanguinia posted:

Worlds Strongest Abridged was kind of a letdown after Super 13 was one of my favorites they've ever done. Better than History of No Jokes though.

So how is this Dragonball Super thing? I was pretty turned off to the concept when the first two arcs were just going to retread the movies, but my friend says its really good so I dunno. I always liked Dragonball best during Z, as a Sci Fi Kung Fu Melodrama and this seems more like its going back to the comedic roots of OG Dragonball. Not that I dislike that, but...

If you've seen the movies, jump in where the new stuff starts and the transitional episodes leading into BoG and RoF's stories (I don't know specific episode numbers).

The stuff that's new for Super has been very good as a whole, though the animation isn't always up to par, the content usually makes that less of an issue.

Everything said about about World's Strongest in the thread has turned me off from watching it. 30 minutes is a long time for an Abridged. It feels like a red line where Abridged no longer counts (It's 1/2 the length of the original roughly so it is really)

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Sanguinia posted:

Start watching from the episode where Vegeta fights a guy named Cabbage and go on from there, there's some hype-rear end DBZ moments happening there and then some incredibly fun OG Dragonball stuff.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Everything said about about World's Strongest in the thread has turned me off from watching it. 30 minutes is a long time for an Abridged.

Nearly all the movies (with the exception of two of them) they did were 18 - 20 minutes or more. So apparently 10 more minutes is your limit?

That's silly but eh you had other reasons for not wanting to watch it.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Plus five minutes is just them talking about other stuff going on with Team Four Star

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
Beerus-Monaka needs to be a transformation for either Beerus or Monaka in the next Dragon Ball game.

• Locked thread