Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
working mom
Jul 8, 2015

LemonDrizzle posted:

also, when budgeting SP for your injector-farming alts, remember you need to set aside 768k SP for Cybernetics V.

Cyber 4 does the job imo, especially at current prices you are more than breaking even with it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Worldshatter posted:

All the newbee groups are really cool and I enjoy interacting with all of them. Just a week or so ago I popped down to the bni cyno vigil to say hi and they were all cool guys.

PH has more members than KarmaFleet, in small part due to ccp war labeling and in larger parts due to the incredibly relaxed entry requirements (KF doesn't take a week to get into like was said but it can take 1-2 days because we actually check poo poo) and the fact that reddit, where the majority of these players come from, is consistently anti-gsf.

However I don't see how zeph can be suggesting "we have more members that you, therefore we're having more fun." In truth most people are having fun because spacegame can be fun sometimes and newbees have not yet learned to hate it.

Zeph also thinks Theta is useless and has contributed nothing as well as believes several other popular anti-goon talking points so you might want to take his/her opinions with a large grain of salt.

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Groon is objectively having the most fun because we don't deal with dumb spacenerd propaganda.:smug:

dragonstalking
Oct 6, 2013

by Shine

Worldshatter posted:

PH has more members than KarmaFleet, in small part due to ccp war labeling and in larger parts due to the incredibly relaxed entry requirements (KF doesn't take a week to get into like was said but it can take 1-2 days because we actually check poo poo) and the fact that reddit, where the majority of these players come from, is consistently anti-gsf.

PH was outstripping KF on recruitment way before WWB even started, so that's kind of a dumb excuse.

The checking poo poo part is also kind of dumb considering the ridiculously obvious spys that PL has in the corp. Seriously whoever was doing the API check on some of them should be shitcanned.

As to the reddit bit, you can't consistently poo poo on a forum, expect them to still like you, and then start a reddit-based corp expecting it to actually get any serious number of people. Best 2 out of 3, tops.

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
theta squad is useless and poo poo because its theta squad

long live sigma

Worldshatter
May 7, 2015

:kazooieass:PEPSI for TV-GAME:kazooieass:

dragonstalking posted:

PH was outstripping KF on recruitment way before WWB even started, so that's kind of a dumb excuse.

The checking poo poo part is also kind of dumb considering the ridiculously obvious spys that PL has in the corp. Seriously whoever was doing the API check on some of them should be shitcanned.

As to the reddit bit, you can't consistently poo poo on a forum, expect them to still like you, and then start a reddit-based corp expecting it to actually get any serious number of people. Best 2 out of 3, tops.

Hey there, I know you're not the smartest one but allow me to run through this anyway.

"PH was outstripping KF on recruitment way before WWB even started, so that's kind of a dumb excuse."
Which is why I said it was a lesser factor

"The checking poo poo part is also kind of dumb considering the ridiculously obvious spys that PL has in the corp. Seriously whoever was doing the API check on some of them should be shitcanned."
It works very well for rooting out most awoxers, we don't give too much of a poo poo about spies because they can do little to nothing without getting into a leadership position, at which point we take a harder look at them.

"As to the reddit bit, you can't consistently poo poo on a forum, expect them to still like you, and then start a reddit-based corp expecting it to actually get any serious number of people. Best 2 out of 3, tops. "
Yes, I said that reddit is anti-gsf and by extension gsf could be considered anti-reddit. However I suppose I should applaud the fact that you managed to read a post with at least 20% accuracy

Worldshatter fucked around with this message at 15:28 on May 8, 2016

Worldshatter
May 7, 2015

But hey your new player corp dick is bigger than ours. Wahey.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

maybe, just maybe, it's the fact that horde attempts to recruit literally every character ever in highsec

not literally figuratively, literally literally

Well yeah, because every new player starts in Highsec.

Dummy.

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

this character was 12 hours old when it got a mail, if you're in a newbie system you get recruited yeah big fuckin surprise they get more recruits

New player focused mailing lists isn't really all that new. It was going on in 2011 when I first started playing again.

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

Rhymenoserous posted:

Do you remember a five minute long drunken diatribe about how you were really good at eve online then your sabre getting blown up? Because by that point I had just cloaked up and settled down to watch/laugh.

Last time I was on when syndic was on a bender it was this story but a rapier

Endie posted:

^^ You're a good man. I can't be saved, though.

Given the issues with this lovely thread (like, for instance, the lovely, tired and overworked "oh no your name begins with d" meme) someone splitting his responses up (but still posting content) is pretty low down the list of shame.

Thanks Dendie

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Vando posted:

It's almost as if Karmafleet and PH are both good options for people who want to have fun playing this dumb game with slightly different flavourings and trying to claim 'our ragtag band of merry reddit idiots is better than yours' is really loving dumb.

:same:

:agreed:

People claiming one group is bad and not theirs are being dumb idiots. Which isn't surprising since the same 4 idiots in this thread who are full of bad opinions say the same poo poo that people on Reddit are saying but in favor of Karmafleet.

Worldshatter posted:

Horde had more numbers than KF well before the war started. CCP using "World War Bee" wasn't a huge factor into it, I think at most Horde picked up around 500 characters but even then you need to include alts of enemies etc.

There also isn't a hard focus to recruit from Reddit. It's mostly just done in game with the aforementioned new player focused mail setup Horde uses.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 16:15 on May 8, 2016

Worldshatter
May 7, 2015

New players are cool and new player corps are cool also

dragonstalking
Oct 6, 2013

by Shine
Yeah i mean different strokes for different folks I don't know why people make up poo poo about one or the other for ~meta gaming~

Baba Ganoush
Oct 12, 2014
Dinosaur Gum
Now that goonfleet is just a regular old lowsec alliance the ~metagame~ stuff is pretty creepy tbh

Worldshatter
May 7, 2015

Unfunny Poster posted:

Horde had more numbers than KF well before the war started. CCP using "World War Bee" wasn't a huge factor into it, I think at most Horde picked up around 500 characters but even then you need to include alts of enemies etc.
There also isn't a hard focus to recruit from Reddit. It's mostly just done in game with the aforementioned new player focused mail setup Horde uses.

I probably shouldn't have included the remark about branding because it was meant as more of an aside. I'm well aware that the World War Bee stuff wasn't a relevant factor in corp recruitment up until very recently, and is now only a very minor one.

There may not be a hard focus to recruit from reddit but you certainly have an easier time of it, which is to be expected. The whole recruiting from starter systems works fine too and I've for a long time wondered why we haven't tried something similar, probably as a result of auth delay or an idea that it would be spammy.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

Baba Ganoush posted:

Now that goonfleet is just a regular old lowsec alliance the ~metagame~ stuff is pretty creepy tbh

dont you understand everyone does it so its NOT creepy

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Worldshatter posted:

I probably shouldn't have included the remark about branding because it was meant as more of an aside. I'm well aware that the World War Bee stuff wasn't a relevant factor in corp recruitment up until very recently, and is now only a very minor one.

There may not be a hard focus to recruit from reddit but you certainly have an easier time of it, which is to be expected. The whole recruiting from starter systems works fine too and I've for a long time wondered why we haven't tried something similar, probably as a result of auth delay or an idea that it would be spammy.

To be honest, I think any new player group that has an auth delay (E-Uni for example) typically puts off new players. They don't understand what APIs are or why they're necessary for some groups and typically are apprehensive about it to begin with since some think its the same as someone's account information.

Personally any new player group should try to work around this issue and later explain things to them about what APIs are, what they do, and why groups use them. Horde only uses APIs for directors and for the capital pilots who want to be part of the cap group and that's a small number. Allowing people to join and leave at the leisure is also a big factor as not everyone wants to be super serious about an internet spaceship guild and that's part of why Horde's overall philosophy is meant to be different than PL's. There's more weekend warriors & casual players in Horde, and that's fine since those are still people who, at least in some manner, log in and play which for me is the end goal. Get people to want to log in and play regularly, and I think I at least accomplished that while doing stuff with Horde.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Krogort posted:

Pandemic Horde auth director just mash the accept button on every application.

All the other poo poo Krogort wrote is much smaller than this one right here. Pandemic Horde didn't "Magic" into a winning formula. The requirements are joining are "Can you find the corp window" in eve. I have more loving alts in PH than I do in Goonwaffe, because if these dumb shitheads are going to let me gently caress with their markets, be dumb on their various chats, and use them as a resupply base because they can't loving be bothered... well that is just fine w/me.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Rhymenoserous posted:

if these dumb shitheads

There's no need to call people names friend. The open recruitment system is a double edged sword, but it works well for the main mindset Horde has with regards towards new players and allowing for casual non-"EVE is super serious and means enough to me that I'll look up this dudes personal info to win a war in-game" gameplay. Should Horde hold sov? Maybe not, since that has some issues with it and the mindset, but for now it seems to work so why not? Maybe if CCP unfuck some things or explain more clearly to a brand new player what their API is etc. that could change but that's expecting CCP to fix something and you can never bank on that.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 16:48 on May 8, 2016

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Blazing Zero posted:

dont you understand everyone does it so its NOT creepy

People by nature are inquisitive. Pick a new soapbox. This one is worn out.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Unfunny Poster posted:

2550, not 500. An increase of half again their alliance size shortly after the world war bee thing happened.

CainFortea fucked around with this message at 16:58 on May 8, 2016

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

vyst posted:

People by nature are inquisitive. Pick a new soapbox. This one is worn out.

I think its worn out because there's consistently an issue with EVE players doing creepy poo poo and not understanding its a video game which makes it stupid and dumb behavior to do.

Really it's the fault of the people that routinely have to be told off for it, and not Blazing Zero's.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CainFortea posted:

http://i.imgur.com/RFHHc0R.png

2550, not 500. An increase of half again their alliance size shortly after the world war bee thing happened.

"but even then you need to include alts of enemies etc."

Horde picked up a bunch of people, the number of which I was wrong on which isn't too surprising since 500 was the last number I heard before I peaced out of director chat in mid April. Not all of them are actual new players or mains of people, which is what I said but you seemed to have skipped that bit.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Unfunny Poster posted:

"but even then you need to include alts of enemies etc."

Horde picked up a bunch of people, the number of which I was wrong on which isn't too surprising since 500 was the last number I heard before I peaced out of director chat in mid April. Not all of them are actual new players or mains of people, which is what I said but you seemed to have skipped that bit.

You said the WWB stuff had very little impact on recruiting new characters. So unless you are claiming that 2000 of the 2500 joining since the WWB thing happened are all spies and alts, what i'm saying is you are wrong.

And only now do you bring up specifically only new players. Previously you were just talking about characters.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Unfunny Poster posted:

I think its worn out because there's consistently an issue with EVE players doing creepy poo poo and not understanding its a video game which makes it stupid and dumb behavior to do.

Really it's the fault of the people that routinely have to be told off for it, and not Blazing Zero's.

This is actually wrong. Because you're not their mother. Admonishing people for doing dumb poo poo to make you feel better about yourself and to soak moral e-karma makes you like just as much of a dick.

vyst fucked around with this message at 17:15 on May 8, 2016

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
It is nice not to have to worry about the doxxing dramastorm.

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013

CainFortea posted:

Test has the same slope, for the same reason.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

vyst posted:

This is actually wrong. Because you're not their mother. Admonishing people for doing dumb poo poo to make you feel better about yourself and to soak moral e-karma makes you like just as much of a dick.

this is a fresh take on why people dont like other people being creepy. noted

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
Also reminder that PL really fired the starting gun on ~the metagame~ thanks to one AnthonyZ so it's a bit late to start pointing fingers at everyone else

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CainFortea posted:

You said the WWB stuff had very little impact on recruiting new characters. So unless you are claiming that 2000 of the 2500 joining since the WWB thing happened are all spies and alts, what i'm saying is you are wrong.

And only now do you bring up specifically only new players. Previously you were just talking about characters.

You keep focusing on the number that I just said isn't too surprising I was wrong on. It's more than 500, which like I said was the last number I heard before I stopped paying attention to that stuff. Not all of those 2250 characters that joined are new players or people joining specifically to be a member of Horde since, like I originally said and you keep ignoring, you need to take into account spies, the "sovwoxing" attempts that seem to have floundered entirely, etc. You can't really ignore those aspects of that number increase.

I don't know why you want to keep harping on something I already admitted to being incorrect on the specific numbers of, but that's your own dealio.

vyst posted:

This is actually wrong. Because you're not their mother. Admonishing people for doing dumb poo poo to make yourself feel better about yourself and to soak moral e-karma makes you like just as much of a dick.

Except BZ isn't doing that. He's lauging at people from SA doing dumb poo poo over a video game and at how serious they take said game. That's not him trying to soak e-karma, that's him doing what SA is for, mocking people for being dumb and stupid. Especially taken into consideration that those same people are regularly complaining about being mocked. I get your desire for your friends to be free from being laughed at for doing dumb poo poo, but that's not really going to happen and you know it.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 17:28 on May 8, 2016

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Unfunny Poster posted:

You keep focusing on the number that I just said isn't too surprising I was wrong on. It's more than 500, which like I said was the last number I heard before I stopped paying attention to that stuff. Not all of those 2250 characters that joined are new players or people joining specifically to be a member of Horde since, like I originally said and you keep ignoring, you need to take into account spies, the "sovwoxing" attempts that seem to have floundered entirely, etc. You can't really ignore those aspects of that number increase.

I don't know why you want to keep harping on something I already admitted to being incorrect on the specific numbers of, but that's your own dealio.

Except BZ isn't doing that. He's lauging at people from SA doing dumb poo poo over a video game and at how serious they take said game. That's not him trying to soak e-karma, that's him doing what SA is for, mocking people for being dumb and stupid. Especially taken into consideration that those same people are complain constantly about being mocked. I get your desire for your friends

to be free from being laughed at for doing dumb poo poo, but that's not really going to happen and you know it.

wow nice meltdown idiot

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Vando posted:

Also reminder that PL really fired the starting gun on ~the metagame~ thanks to one AnthonyZ so it's a bit late to start pointing fingers at everyone else

wait so pl invented the metagame and the sphere? we live among legends, truly

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Blazing Zero posted:

wow nice meltdown idiot

You owe me $30 you son of a bitch.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Unfunny Poster posted:

Because you keep saying "oh, I was wrong, but here's all these reasons why I was right"

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I shouldn't have said that, today is Mother's Day and I'm sure your mom is a nice lady who did a good job raising you.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Unfunny Poster posted:

You owe me $30 you son of a bitch.

i toss and turn every night thinking of how many goons i tricked into paying SI :sweatdrop:

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Unfunny Poster posted:

I shouldn't have said that, today is Mother's Day and I'm sure your mom is a nice lady who did a good job raising you.

god bless everyone's moms itt. im sure they all did an adequate job of it

working mom
Jul 8, 2015

Blazing Zero posted:

i toss and turn every night thinking of how many goons i tricked into paying SI :sweatdrop:

It was a good idea, until it very suddenly wasn't :argh:

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Sunber posted:

It was a good idea, until it very suddenly wasn't :argh:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_Xpk0pJRDY

:cripes:

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Albion Online would've been a good game had they 1) skipped the support for mobile platforms and 2) not kept loving around with some of the more basic stuff that eventually drove everyone away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

That Works posted:

Zeph also thinks Theta is useless and has contributed nothing

is this some kind of next level "even a broken clock is right twice a day" burn?

• Locked thread