Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Shouldn't the Time Wraiths from the Flash deal with all these time problems?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

nooneofconsequence posted:

Shouldn't the Time Wraiths from the Flash deal with all these time problems?

There's just the one and it's already got its hands full with Barry Allen, Time Terrorist.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Rocksicles posted:

i'm in still but i'm not really enjoying it.

what he said

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I'm enjoying it but it sucks.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
I'm enjoying that it sucks.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

I'm sucking that it enjoys.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

I'm it that sucks, enjoying.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

enraged_camel posted:

I'm sucking that it enjoys.
It's cool that you're so focused on your partner, but isn't "it" a little dehumanizing?

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
I'm watching it because it's still not worse than spending that hour alone with my thoughts

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

FactsAreUseless posted:

It's cool that you're so focused on your partner, but isn't "it" a little dehumanizing?

There's objectifying and then there's objectifying

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

FactsAreUseless posted:

It's focused that you're so cool on your partner but isn't dehumanizing "it" a little?

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

FactsAreUseless posted:

I'm enjoying it but it sucks.

The CW shows really are like pro wrestling. The lows are frequent and the highs are loving incredible.

Also the writers know exactly how to make Hawkgirl a badass because she had that 5 minutes of being herself, complete with zappy mace and HRRRRGGGGGH rage noises whenever she'd swing it. So if they know what the comics fans want and are actively avoiding it then that's malpractice imo

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Knowing what comic fans want and then actively avoiding it is the description of every single comic based media that is actually good.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
You have to have what made people like the comics in the first place, but not slavishly replicate the comics, that's the trick.

And yea, I've given up on Arrow because basically everyone on the show is awful with zero redeeoming qualities. It's like if LoT only had Rip, Kendra, Carter and Savage. At least Flash has Sisko, Joe, Wells, sometimes Caitlyn and even sometimes Iris. Hopefully Barry will go back to how he was before, or how he was in Supergirl.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Thea's done nothing wrong lately. In fact, I'm feeling pretty sympathetic. Her last couple of love interests turned out to be psychos, but that's not her fault.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Thea needs a nemesis

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Arrows only got one more season after this, right? They should be grooming Thea for a Teen Titans spin-off

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

boom boom boom posted:

Arrows only got one more season after this, right? They should be grooming Thea for a Teen Titans spin-off

She's in her twenties.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Detective No. 27 posted:

She's in her twenties.

Never stopped 90210.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Rhyno posted:

Never stopped 90210.

Or the Teen Titans

Heathen
Sep 11, 2001

Willa Holland is older than Emily Bett Rickards.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Heathen posted:

It's the magic of television

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Willa Holland can shoot an arrow through my heart, like she already has.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
If midriffs could kill

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Rhyno posted:

WHY ARE WE STILL WATCHING THIS.

It's a good show.

:boom:

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Kendra's one of the people staring up at the wormhole at the end of the first season of the Flash. She doesn't get any lines. I just caught that.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Chokes McGee posted:

Also the writers know exactly how to make Hawkgirl a badass because she had that 5 minutes of being herself, complete with zappy mace and HRRRRGGGGGH rage noises whenever she'd swing it. So if they know what the comics fans want and are actively avoiding it then that's malpractice imo

That version of Hawkgirl is not this version of Hawkgirl.

Sekkira
Apr 11, 2008

I Don't Get It,
I Don't Get It,

Rhyno posted:

That version of Hawkgirl is not this version of Hawkgirl.

And that's a drat shame.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Heathen posted:

Whoah, brain blown away. Like when I found out that Jessica Biel was younger than her younger sister on 7th Heaven. TV IS A LIE

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

um, where is the vandal savage that threw knives faster than the flash could run?

I mean, sweet choke hold, but uh.. did he forget he was that quick?

e: yes, she can read a map and say "lower the ship negative 12 degrees"

does that mean change the angle upward?

I loving hate math and that was jarring.

No Butt Stuff fucked around with this message at 04:08 on May 10, 2016

Mortanis
Dec 28, 2005

It's your father's lightsaber. This is the weapon of a Jedi Knight.
College Slice
Tom Welling playing a teenage Clark Kent was older than Brandon Routh playing a Superman that had been around the block a few times and then vanished for five years.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

ubachung posted:

The problem is 'stupid fun' works best when the characters are the fun part and the situations they encounter are stupid or absurd. We're getting the exact opposite of this.
Or at least have the characters be stupid consistently. The problem with these characters isn't that they're dumb, it's that they're not dumb until the plot calls for one of them to do something stupid for no reason.

Fat Shat Sings posted:

At this point I am rooting for Savage.

His speech to Rip about seeing dozens of his children die in his arms to old age over 4,000 years made some sense. He has seen every major civilization fall and has a perspective nobody else does.

Add to that the Time Masters are helping him and talking about how short sighted Rip is. The guy who was a master of time and decided to settle his family in the middle of the bloodiest conflict in Earths history with the death of billions.

It makes it seem like Savage taking over the world and killing Billions actually saves the human race from destroying the planet/extinction and Rip is just an rear end in a top hat that is endlessly seeking revenge regardless of the cost.
Yeah, I'll be disappointed if this isn't what they're going for. Sure, Savage is a murderous psychopath, but he actually creates an empire that brings peace and prosperity to the world for the next 10,000 years, and without him we'd have 10,000 years of constant war with 99% of the world's population living in poverty, so we'll look the other way about those people he killed.

Chokes McGee posted:

I mean more than likely it's hideous writing but I'd be very interested of they run with "Savage is ruthless and callous but actually thinks he's doing the right thing for all of history."
I think it works better if they acknowledge that he's a terrible person and has never tried to do good, but history just happens to work out better if he's around.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I haven't seen the last two or three episodes (I started the one where they go to Kasnia or wherever and Savage is young Degaton's tutor, but it just didn't engage me at all so I gave up after about 10 minutes) so I'm not sure if it's been topped, but I think the single worst line of this show so far has been the one in "Star City 2046" (which was otherwise a fun episode) where Ray says, "Don't you remember, Oliver? Rip Hunter recruited us to be Legends," and it's the clunkiest thing ever.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

Tiggum posted:

Yeah, I'll be disappointed if this isn't what they're going for. Sure, Savage is a murderous psychopath, but he actually creates an empire that brings peace and prosperity to the world for the next 10,000 years, and without him we'd have 10,000 years of constant war with 99% of the world's population living in poverty, so we'll look the other way about those people he killed.

This is one of the later LSH storylines but involving Ras Al'Gauld but I think I would laugh more if it was Savage.

Or His wife was one of Savages many kids who dies by accident.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Wheat Loaf posted:

I haven't seen the last two or three episodes (I started the one where they go to Kasnia or wherever and Savage is young Degaton's tutor, but it just didn't engage me at all so I gave up after about 10 minutes) so I'm not sure if it's been topped, but I think the single worst line of this show so far has been the one in "Star City 2046" (which was otherwise a fun episode) where Ray says, "Don't you remember, Oliver? Rip Hunter recruited us to be Legends," and it's the clunkiest thing ever.

Oh definitely. It is beyond me how god himself didn't descend from the heavens, palm flying, as that line was put to paper.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Wheat Loaf posted:

In the last episode that aired, this exchange happens verbatim:

Kendra: I can't believe it. Carter's alive. He isn't dead. Instead, he's alive.

Ray [looking concerned]: Yes.

Kendra: I thought that Vandal Savage, our enemy, killed him.

Ray [confused]: Vandal Savage?

Kendra: Our enemy, Vandal Savage.

Rip [entering room]: Vandal Savage, from the year 2166, who killed my wife and son in the year 2166, your future.

Ray: I thought that was Carter.

Sara [on ceiling]: No, Carter is your enemy, because he's Kendra's Egyptian husband from the past. And Kendra is your wife, also from the past.

Ray: Guess this time... size does matter.

Kendra: That doesn't really apply here, Ray.

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

Just got around to watching this episode. It was engaging, sure, but it was even more full of stupid than usual. Kendra didn't just kill Savage? Why? And Ray was....ugh.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

FactsAreUseless posted:

In the last episode that aired, this exchange happens verbatim:

Kendra: I can't believe it. Carter's alive. He isn't dead. Instead, he's alive.

Ray [looking concerned]: Yes.

Kendra: I thought that Vandal Savage, our enemy, killed him.

Ray [confused]: Vandal Savage?

Kendra: Our enemy, Vandal Savage.

Rip [entering room]: Vandal Savage, from the year 2166, who killed my wife and son in the year 2166, your future.

Ray: I thought that was Carter.

Sara [on ceiling]: No, Carter is your enemy, because he's Kendra's Egyptian husband from the past. And Kendra is your wife, also from the past.

Ray: Guess this time... size does matter.

Kendra: That doesn't really apply here, Ray.

That actually sounds like a more entertaining show.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
The writing on this show is tremendously uneven, but to me it's worth it for the good bits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
Man the Time Masters are dicks.

• Locked thread