Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FrictionlessEmu
Jan 24, 2011

On the "defeat 700 enemies" type of stage on the first adventure map, is there any benefit to beating the legend characters? You get a message saying "the enemy's plot is foiled" but I haven't noticed any way that it seems to make things easier for you the rest of the level. For that matter, is the best strategy for those levels just running around killing the mooks you come across en masse and ignoring everyone else (and running away from all of the giant bosses chasing you)?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

If you don't kill the officers the mooks get high morale and are harder to kill. And the bosses just kick your rear end.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Bakalakadaka posted:

Is there any kind of guide for fairy food around that will tell me what food to cram in which fairy yet?

I got this from reddit

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1MPybFxdeB_1ZQxw9Ukgarc8P0E_L3wYzSkyJuinmcMw/edit#gid=0

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
I got 16 Wizzro Robes from the KO competition level on the Great Sea. Pretty nice, though I wish a couple of them had been rings. I had +Materials on my weapon but seeing as how it's at the very beginning of the Great Sea map I guess it's too low level for the odds to be high enough.

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006
I shot the invisible swordsman.
That was weird. My game abruptly stopped recognizing the Z-buttons and the C-nub in the middle of a mission, and the framerate slowed to a crawl when I closed the game and reopened it. The Home Menu still recognized the functions; maybe the game somehow got locked into treating the system as a 3DS instead of a n3DS? :pwn: I had to power off the handheld and power it back on to fix the issue.

Anyone else had this problem?

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

ZZT the Fifth posted:

That was weird. My game abruptly stopped recognizing the Z-buttons and the C-nub in the middle of a mission, and the framerate slowed to a crawl when I closed the game and reopened it. The Home Menu still recognized the functions; maybe the game somehow got locked into treating the system as a 3DS instead of a n3DS? :pwn: I had to power off the handheld and power it back on to fix the issue.

Anyone else had this problem?

Yep, that happened to me once. Rebooting the system fixed it.

Also happened in Monster Hunter.

While I'm here, let me just say gently caress the square before Young Link's lv 2 weapon unlock. gently caress it HARD.

The Imprisoned, Ganon, Phantom Ganon, in 10 minutes. A-rank required to access the next square. I RAN OUT OF TIME. Sheik is at lv 75 and I ran out of time.

Weakpoint smashes seemed to do gently caress-all. Would my best bet be to try to pick up some lv 3 weapons before I try again? I almost did it within the time limit but there's no way I'd be able to do it fast enough for an A rank at this point.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe

Silver Falcon posted:

While I'm here, let me just say gently caress the square before Young Link's lv 2 weapon unlock. gently caress it HARD.

The Imprisoned, Ganon, Phantom Ganon, in 10 minutes. A-rank required to access the next square. I RAN OUT OF TIME. Sheik is at lv 75 and I ran out of time.

Weakpoint smashes seemed to do gently caress-all. Would my best bet be to try to pick up some lv 3 weapons before I try again? I almost did it within the time limit but there's no way I'd be able to do it fast enough for an A rank at this point.

I managed it with the Master Sword and a Link somewhere around 70-80. One thing that helped a lot was using the other two characters for focus spirits. When you get multiple PC's next to a giant boss, it gives half of a magic gauge and the absorbing for attacking the boss to all of the PC's. You switch over to another character to, use Focus Spirit to knock down the boss, and switch back to your high level character to WPS them.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Silver Falcon posted:

The answer, as with everything, is a doubled up Bombos (fire element) fairy.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

Silver Falcon posted:

If you think that mission is hard, then you probably don't want to try the mission you're trying to unlock. Because Young Link's Lv. 2 weapon mission is a right nightmare.

Andy Waltfeld
Dec 18, 2009

Folt The Bolt posted:

If you think that mission is hard, then you probably don't want to try the mission you're trying to unlock. Because Young Link's Lv. 2 weapon mission is a right nightmare.

Somehow I got away with that one (on the second try, after a treasure-oriented late Lv.30s dry run) with a Lv.45 Young Link and whatever 5-star T1 weapon he could scrounge up.

Take Sacred Pedestal, loot SP from the pots, take the NE Owl Statue so you can double back and heal your named officers. Turtle up and let the enemy's bordered dots come to you till the only objective officer remaining is the one that hangs out just past South Square.

The key is letting go of your Legends instinct of "use Magic only for dropping double-Bombos nukes" and to start playing Young Link like it's 2008 and you've just unlocked Gabranth in Dissidia: Final Fantasy. He kicks up a good spree in Focus Spirit despite only half the mooks being rendered at once and force-ending lets you expose a whole column of Blin WPSes or shut down Tingle's C3/C5 iframes.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Oh jesus loving christ, Dissidia was 8 years ago?

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Andy Waltfeld posted:

Somehow I got away with that one (on the second try, after a treasure-oriented late Lv.30s dry run) with a Lv.45 Young Link and whatever 5-star T1 weapon he could scrounge up.

Take Sacred Pedestal, loot SP from the pots, take the NE Owl Statue so you can double back and heal your named officers. Turtle up and let the enemy's bordered dots come to you till the only objective officer remaining is the one that hangs out just past South Square.

The key is letting go of your Legends instinct of "use Magic only for dropping double-Bombos nukes" and to start playing Young Link like it's 2008 and you've just unlocked Gabranth in Dissidia: Final Fantasy. He kicks up a good spree in Focus Spirit despite only half the mooks being rendered at once and force-ending lets you expose a whole column of Blin WPSes or shut down Tingle's C3/C5 iframes.

Yeah, basically, that was kind of my strategy as well. Play Young Link like you would play him in HW except force-end Focus Spirit a bit more when you have very little left and you have a full (or close-to-full) Special Gauge because Young Link was indirectly nerfed in Legends due to HW not having as many mooks on the screen at once.

What really makes that mission so hard is that, by this point, your characters are kinda expected to have a Lv. 2 weapon (base or not). Young Link doesn't, and while he's still a pretty good character, you likely don't have any Gold Badges so he can maintain his Fierce Deity form for a long period of time.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

MarquiseMindfang posted:

The answer, as with everything, is a doubled up Bombos (fire element) fairy.

What does this mean? Is that some ability the fire My Fairy has?

Folt The Bolt posted:

It was kind of a shock, because I haven't had any difficulty with any other square on that map. Then all of a sudden... that. I will come back when I have some lv 3 weapons.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Silver Falcon posted:

What does this mean? Is that some ability the fire My Fairy has?

Feeding any fairy food that gives them an affinity for one of the five elements will give your fairy nuke an AoE barrier effect at Lv. 25 and 50. Feeding your fairy food that aligns it with the Fire element will make them learn the Bombos spell, which decreases the defense of any enemy inside that barrier. If you learn two Bombos (by feeding your fairy food that aligns her with fire up to Lv. 50), enemy defense is decreased further, meaning any kind of enemy will go down very easily.

Silver Falcon posted:

It was kind of a shock, because I haven't had any difficulty with any other square on that map. Then all of a sudden... that. I will come back when I have some lv 3 weapons.

Just be prepared, all right. I did clear it with Ganondorf without going to the Master Quest map because Ganondorf with Great Swords is simply that good (and having one of the most damaging WPSes helps).

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Additionally, if you're for whatever reason stuck using Young Link without his Focus Spirit up, C2 > C6 is a combo no monsters except moblins and gibdos can escape, and even character commanders will only escape it half the time. Guaranteeing an unblocked final hit of C6 is great for taking out Lizalfos and the like.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Folt The Bolt posted:

Feeding any fairy food that gives them an affinity for one of the five elements will give your fairy nuke an AoE barrier effect at Lv. 25 and 50. Feeding your fairy food that aligns it with the Fire element will make them learn the Bombos spell, which decreases the defense of any enemy inside that barrier. If you learn two Bombos (by feeding your fairy food that aligns her with fire up to Lv. 50), enemy defense is decreased further, meaning any kind of enemy will go down very easily.

Just be prepared, all right. I did clear it with Ganondorf without going to the Master Quest map because Ganondorf with Great Swords is simply that good (and having one of the most damaging WPSes helps).

I haven't paid much attention to the My Fairy stuff aside from only feeding the fairies food that increases their stats. How do I tell if a food has affinity for a certain element?

Also I take it if I want to care about such things I should start over with a fresh fairy? :sigh: I don't relish having to do that. It takes forever to level them up. My highest level one only just reached 25.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
There's charts here that tell you what element each food has, and the other way to tell is to highlight a food and cycle through your faeries, the one with the 'matching' element should get higher stats from it.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Silver Falcon posted:

I haven't paid much attention to the My Fairy stuff aside from only feeding the fairies food that increases their stats. How do I tell if a food has affinity for a certain element?

Also I take it if I want to care about such things I should start over with a fresh fairy? :sigh: I don't relish having to do that. It takes forever to level them up. My highest level one only just reached 25.

You can refresh a fairy if they reach level 99, which lets you start with a clean slate in terms of teaching them the spells you want.

Also, in general, every food that aligns a fairy with a certain element is always the preferred food of the fairies of that element.

In fact, if you keep refreshing your Fairy, the damage of the Fairy Nuke will increase.

Folt The Bolt fucked around with this message at 00:30 on May 9, 2016

Magypsy
Apr 2, 2010

People call me Pine! (Pine!)
Eastern Venus Space Police.
If there's slime, (There's slime!)
Involved in a crime, (Bad crime!)
We'll clean them up on the beat! (The beat!)
What are those rewards on the Master Quest map that look like water bombs? Are they food or some kind of accessory?

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Magypsy posted:

What are those rewards on the Master Quest map that look like water bombs? Are they food or some kind of accessory?

Food.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I haven't played any Hyrule Warriors in months, but I'm eager to start it back up. What's available from Legends for the Wii U right now?

Carlioo
Dec 26, 2012

:krakentoot:

Jonas Albrecht posted:

I haven't played any Hyrule Warriors in months, but I'm eager to start it back up. What's available from Legends for the Wii U right now?

Legends comes with a code that lets you unlock all DLC characters and weapons on the Wii U version. Doesn't unlock anything else sadly.

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.
Has Medli had a release date announced yet? Not that I'm anywhere near the end of what's already there, most of my characters are around level 40 (with two in the 60s and Linkle at 99), I don't have all the silver badges yet, and I'm only just starting in on Master Quest... I just like Medli. Best birdgirl in the series.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
Medli is being released alongside the first DLC pack which is targeted for May, so either next week or the week after that.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

Keiya posted:

Has Medli had a release date announced yet? Not that I'm anywhere near the end of what's already there, most of my characters are around level 40 (with two in the 60s and Linkle at 99), I don't have all the silver badges yet, and I'm only just starting in on Master Quest... I just like Medli. Best birdgirl in the series.

I'm basically at the same point with characters except I'm probably halfway through master quest. Linkle :allears:

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Keiya posted:

How is Linkle that high? I'm halfway through the Twilight Map and my highest are Link and Zelda at about 67 each. Do you only use Linkle?

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Dunban posted:

Medli is being released alongside the first DLC pack which is targeted for May, so either next week or the week after that.

Speaking of..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLO2NLGj2Q4

It's out next week Japan, and probably in the West as well.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Ugh, doing the legends skulltula and I think I broke the mission where you get the master sword. Got the skulltula but the trigger for zelda entering the temple during the retreat into the temple isn't firing. Is there a way to load my last checkpoint?

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

mabels big day posted:

How is Linkle that high? I'm halfway through the Twilight Map and my highest are Link and Zelda at about 67 each. Do you only use Linkle?

I use Linkle for basically every battle that doesn't lock me to another character because she is my waifu :swoon:

Even if she wasn't ridiculously strong she would still be my favorite because her moveset owns.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Okay, just did a mission with Skull Kid to see what he's like, and it turns out the answer is "ridiculous." His C3 is just ludicrous as a crowd-cleared.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
Confirmed

https://twitter.com/NintendoEurope/status/730750656307331073

1 day before Fates :emo:

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Dunban posted:

Speaking of..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLO2NLGj2Q4

It's out next week Japan, and probably in the West as well.

Deku Tree Darunia is something I need in my life. What is Link's new costume supposed to be?

they have Medli's level 2 weapon as an unlock in the map. I hope they do that for the other DLC characters in the future, I like unlocking weapons that way instead of having them all unlock at once on the Wii U version.

mabels big day fucked around with this message at 15:18 on May 12, 2016

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

"Endless Night Rule: No Fairy Magic!"

I am ready.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I'm working my way through adventure mode now. When do I start finding weapons comparable in power to the master sword because between that and levels Link is just ridiculously more powerful than everyone else.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I'm working my way through adventure mode now. When do I start finding weapons comparable in power to the master sword because between that and levels Link is just ridiculously more powerful than everyone else.

At the Master Quest map, which happens to be the point where the Master Sword starts to lose steam and heaven help you if the other characters aren't properly trained by then because you need all the weapons from the Master Quest Map in order to increase the Master Sword's power again.

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006
I shot the invisible swordsman.

Folt The Bolt posted:

At the Master Quest map, which happens to be the point where the Master Sword starts to lose steam and heaven help you if the other characters aren't properly trained by then because you need all the weapons from the Master Quest Map in order to increase the Master Sword's power again.

The Master Sword is a cheap crutch and I haven't been using it for exactly this reason. :colbert: I'm almost done with the Great Sea map and almost all my characters have their level 2 weapons and are at least level 30 because I've been putting in the effort to keep them all trained. Granted, there are a few characters way above that level, but that's bound to happen.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
is there some kind of secret trick to getting to 1200 KOs in the KO competitions I'm not getting, I'm always falling short or hitting 1200 in the last twenty seconds with a desperate focus

also is there anything explaining fairies

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

Seagull posted:

is there some kind of secret trick to getting to 1200 KOs in the KO competitions I'm not getting, I'm always falling short or hitting 1200 in the last twenty seconds with a desperate focus

Fairies are the secret trick.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
how do i nuke, nothing is explained about them on this whole internet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Seagull posted:

As far as I know, basically complete the missions you get. For every mission you complete, you get reinforcements until all of them are on the map and the mooks begin spawning at interval points as the clock ticks down. After that, it's a matter of spamming your best mook killers.

• Locked thread