Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Batcat! Batcat! posted:

If you zoom in on the picture of the Special Edition the bonus disc has track names printed on it.

"Spectre" and "B Word" or "B Ward".

Nice! I wonder if Spectre's outro will be extended.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Batcat! Batcat!
Dec 21, 2009

modestmusashi posted:

This is objectively wrong, right?

Yeah. To think this you must not have earballs installed. You'd have to go to Pablo Honey for a Radiohead album that sounds less like this.

Puppy Galaxy posted:

There's no reason to buy the 24bit wav. your ears will not be able to tell the difference between that and 16bit. Your ears will also likely not be able to tell the difference between that and 320kbps.

You can convert wav to ALAC and put it in your iTunes.

24bit ONLY gets you more Dynamic Range (way beyond what your ears can hear, even more so if you're not 3 years old). And this album is DR5, so even less reason to pretend like you have golden earholes.

Batcat! Batcat! fucked around with this message at 19:40 on May 8, 2016

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Identikit sounds like something Damon Albarn would do (especially with the choir), it's awesome.

edit: The guitar outro :aaaaa:

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

The REAL Goobusters posted:

This is so much better than the king of limbs it's not even funny

Yes

Cpt. Spring Types posted:

This album is loving gorgeous.

Yes

Batcat! Batcat! posted:

Yeah. To think this you must not have earballs installed. You'd have to go to Pablo Honey for a Radiohead album that sounds less like this.

It sounds like Amnesiac in a number of ways

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette
Outside of a few tracks it's a very, very gentle album. Like a pleasant stream.

AARO
Mar 9, 2005

by Lowtax
Desert Island Disk sounds like a Here We Go Magic track. The Godrich effect.

https://twitter.com/nigelgod/status/729373716035948544

https://twitter.com/nigelgod/status/729373790115766272

AARO fucked around with this message at 19:48 on May 8, 2016

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
This is such an aurally rewarding album to listen to, like every single track has intricate things going on in the background. And the overall feeling is really cohesive and warm.

TheAbortionator
Mar 4, 2005

its.. soo. good.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
This is probably my favourite album of the year, and definitely my favourite Radiohead album since Amnesiac, and I've still got 3 tracks to go :h:

Poppy Nogood
May 26, 2014
Album version of True Love Waits is beautiful but I will always miss the Thom who could belt that poo poo out.

Popcorn
May 25, 2004

You're both fuckin' banned!
Jesus Christ, it feels like there's a new set of sounds and ideas every 10 seconds on this album. It's boggling me something proper. Going to take me months to unpack it all.

I know it was inevitable but listening to Identikit now is so, so, so loving weird after having listened to the live version so much over several years. Fun times.

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

This is the closest Radiohead has gotten to adult contemporary .

Automata 10 Pack fucked around with this message at 19:50 on May 8, 2016

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
the present tense is fab

they're back, lads

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

the album feels fairly timeless. very little here that couldn't have been recorded in the last 4 decades.

Poppy Nogood
May 26, 2014
Radiohead are composers now. It's weird thinking that what I just heard is going to be taken on a festival and stadium tour.

ZoDiAC_
Jun 23, 2003

olin posted:

Desert Island Disk sounds like a Here We Go Magic track. The Godrich effect.

https://twitter.com/nigelgod/status/729373716035948544

https://twitter.com/nigelgod/status/729373790115766272

That fellow is magnificent, good on you Nigel, the production is outstanding

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
The strings in Tinker Tailor :swoon: my god...

AARO
Mar 9, 2005

by Lowtax
Lmao @ the disco choir at 2:35 in Identikit

Smashing...

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
True Love Waits couldn't be more different to the version on I Might Be Wrong. I love them both.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

They had better do a proper tour next year with venues that can hold more than 9 people. I can't not see this album live.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
What a loving fantastic album. It's everything that TKOL wasn't.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Hedrigall posted:

What a loving fantastic album. It's everything that TKOL wasn't.

I maintain that TKOL is a fantastic album and I'm really glad that it happened, but I'm also incredibly happy that they seem to be finished with that phase and moved on to this.

Popcorn
May 25, 2004

Someone is going mental on a piano in the left or right channels more or less constantly on this album.

Popcorn
May 25, 2004

Right. My initial reaction is that I don't understand this album at all and TKOL was better. I understand this makes me very strange.

It's definitely super fascinating, but there's just way too much poo poo in it for me to get my head round yet. I found it difficult to get a lock on anything. Looking forward to trying again tomorrow.

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

ful stop kinda sounds like a dean blunt song

AARO
Mar 9, 2005

by Lowtax
Wow the present tense is insane. I actually didn't care for the live Thom acoustic guitar version at all but this is epic. It sounds a 1970s version of Radiohead somehow.

True Love Waits is incredibly different. Like as different as the live videotape drums to the album version drums.

Overall a peaceful, gentle album. It makes me feel like I'm a little kid sticking my hand out of the car window to make my hand fly.

AARO fucked around with this message at 20:18 on May 8, 2016

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

OK I have no more patience to wait for Spotify. Do I buy on WASTE or iTunes?

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

modestmusashi posted:

Radiohead are composers now. It's weird thinking that what I just heard is going to be taken on a festival and stadium tour.

they have been composers for 2 decades

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Dugong posted:

what do you think

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Black Baby Goku posted:

what do you think

iTunes it's convenient.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

olin posted:

Wow the present tense is insane. I actually didn't care for the live Thom acoustic guitar version at all but this is epic. It sounds a 1970s version of Radiohead somehow.

"Present Tense" is fantastic. Wow.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Popcorn posted:

Right. My initial reaction is that I don't understand this album at all and TKOL was better. I understand this makes me very strange.

It's definitely super fascinating, but there's just way too much poo poo in it for me to get my head round yet. I found it difficult to get a lock on anything. Looking forward to trying again tomorrow.

I find it can take me weeks, sometimes months to fully digest and understand my appreciation of a Radiohead album. An album I hated the first time I listened to (Kid A) ended up becoming one of my all-time favorites. First impressions can be a big impact, but I'm not going to immediately rank it above OK Computer on day one or anything.

Except King of Limbs. I loved the poo poo out of that album from that first frantic piano loop fade-in.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

Black Baby Goku posted:

what do you think

I think the last album I bought from iTunes was before the quality upgrade :shrug:

TheAbortionator
Mar 4, 2005

The strings are a little over whelming on glass eyes. Every time it was getting a good vocal or piano build up all i could hear was the strings.

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh
Incredible album. The Numbers reminds me deeply of Wooden Ships by Crosby Stills and Nash, which is kind of a vibe I'm getting from a lot of the songs on the album. It's a very Folk-oriented album with R&B influences I've not heard from them before. Looking forward to the From The Basement version (hopefully)

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Whoever made this is the best :laugh:

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Dugong posted:

iTunes if you're normal because it's cheaper and it will sound fine. if you buy the 24bit wavs you're a sucker tho

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Hedrigall posted:

this is p. good except guitars are all over this bitch

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Hedrigall posted:

A Moon Shaped Poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AARO
Mar 9, 2005

by Lowtax

Puppy Galaxy posted:

iTunes if you're normal because it's cheaper and it will sound fine. if you buy the 24bit wavs you're a sucker tho