Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ
I want to adopt Jas but I'll settle for being her cool aunt/uncle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
If you marry Penny, you'd probably be her substitute teacher that brings fresh-baked treats to every class.

(Psst, kid, tell your parents wait whoops oh poo poo Marnie to buy more melons)

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

WarpedNaba posted:

If you marry Penny, you'd probably be her substitute teacher that brings fresh-baked treats snail sashimi to every class.

Fixed for accuracy.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
Huh. Those map mods imply it's pretty easy to change the map, I wonder when there will be a total conversion mod...

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ

WarpedNaba posted:

If you marry Penny, you'd probably be her substitute teacher that brings fresh-baked treats to every class.

(Psst, kid, tell your parents wait whoops oh poo poo Marnie to buy more melons)

I'm the worst kind of responsible adult, I just keep bringing them icecream.

way to go steve
Jan 1, 2010

Zephyrine posted:

Oh I would but crops is the only way to level farming which unlucks all of the money stuff, including sprinklers. Otherwise I would have tried for an "animal only" play through.

I am all for editing save files, or using mods for anything that makes a game more fun for you, but I wanted to point out that it's pretty easy to avoid watering even without adjustments.

Farming in spring is pretty garbage as far as money goes. I feel like I wasted a lot of time trying to do everything at once on my first go, so I've messed around on another character to check out alternatives. If you plant 50 parsnips day 1, that'll be enough farming skill to cover the basic sprinklers. Spent the rest of the time until the mine opens fishing. Had enough skill and money for a rod upgrade and bait on day 3, then I was making 5k/day fishing in the mountains. Gets pack upgrades quick. Plan is to hit the mines hard, make sprinklers to level farming, while upgrading the axe and pick. I want to see how early I can get a horse.

This game does funny things to my brain.

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

And there you sat, eating hamburgers while the world cried.
Baron Clyde update

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
I want my farmer to marry everyone. Men, women, kids, the dwarves, my dog, my watering can, Morris, that one weird rock near the quarry...it's not about attraction, it's about a more complete sense of acquisition and control.

Meldonox
Jan 13, 2006

Hey, are you listening to a word I'm saying?
Is this what we can expect in Stardew Valley's version of Death Vox?

Sign me up.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

MrSlam posted:

Baron Clyde update

Wait wait wait...I just googled this, this changes? All of mine say that my mind is filled with thoughts of nudity

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Wait wait wait...I just googled this, this changes? All of mine say that my mind is filled with thoughts of nudity

It depends on what you put as your "favorite thing" at the beginning, if you're being serious.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Alxprit posted:

It depends on what you put as your "favorite thing" at the beginning, if you're being serious.

Hahahahah I had no idea, I am very sarcastic even when I video game. I have cows named Brisket, Grass fed, and Murderer. My baby is named EndofRd, my horse is named Fatboy.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

Alxprit posted:

I choose Cat. This explains a lot.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
I chose Wei Wu Wei, which kinda made things make sense.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Does that game actually remember which silos have hay in them? Like, if I have one silo, and I fill it up, then mid winter I build a second silo, then tear the first one down, will I still have hay or no?

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

counterfeitsaint posted:

Does that game actually remember which silos have hay in them? Like, if I have one silo, and I fill it up, then mid winter I build a second silo, then tear the first one down, will I still have hay or no?

Hay is stored in darkspace and the silos just decide the current cap.

So if you have 1000 Hay and 5 silos and you tear them all down. You still have 1000 hay.

Meldonox
Jan 13, 2006

Hey, are you listening to a word I'm saying?

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Just imagine my delight when I found that after having put dry heaves as my favorite thing.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Meldonox posted:

Just imagine my delight when I found that after having put dry heaves as my favorite thing.

i put my favorite thing down as killing

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Mine favorite thing was "69ing"

Is there really much to do after the Grandpa review? Already finished the community center and got 4 candles. Wait for content updates I guess?

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

Coolguye posted:

i put my favorite thing down as killing

Goddamnit Corvo.

PokeJoe posted:

Mine favorite thing was "69ing"

Is there really much to do after the Grandpa review? Already finished the community center and got 4 candles. Wait for content updates I guess?

Not really unless you want to grind for all the achievements or something. I am currently destroying all the buildings on my farm and clearing everything to maybe rebuild it in a more pleasing way, but I doubt I'll stay motivated enough to bother.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Goddamn, I thought Concerned Ape was just a weirdo. That's awesome about the Star Drop flavor text.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
I don't understand. So you guys just totally forgot what you put for your favorite thing?

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

I certainly did.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Goddamn, I thought Concerned Ape was just a weirdo. That's awesome about the Star Drop flavor text.

The weirdo was inside you, all along.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
*puts murder/rape/death/Irate Gamer as favorite thing*

Wow what a loving weirdo this dev is, telling me that these berries remind me of murder/rape/death/Irate Gamer!

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

I never made the connection until someone mentioned it here.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005
I played Earthbound, so I was looking for it to show up. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Loren1350
Mar 30, 2007
I put jazz and totally forgot by the time I got my first stardrop, I just assumed they were :catdrugs:

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Pyroxene Stigma posted:

I played Earthbound, so I was looking for it to show up. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I put "rockin'" as my favorite thing

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

I put in "cat" which is why I never made the connection.

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

I don't understand. So you guys just totally forgot what you put for your favorite thing?

I can't remember what I put OR what the flavour text said!

LiterallyATomato
Mar 17, 2009

Foo Diddley posted:

Same.

Mazz
Dec 12, 2012

Orion, this is Sperglord Actual.
Come on home.
I put cocaine, so it seemed pretty obvious to me.

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

My mind has been filled a few times by now with the taste of Trains.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Favorite thing is Stardrops, everything tastes normal over here!

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

tuyop posted:

I can't remember what I put OR what the flavour text said!

for some reason, it reminds you of the taste of cum

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender

The White Dragon posted:

for some reason, it reminds you of the taste of cum

The long con: "Hey honey, try this farming game. I went ahead and made you a character."

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS

Foo Diddley posted:

How did I not do this

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde
I made the mistake of being "funny" and naming my farmer Jeb! and giving him sunglasses and a J shirt.

I'm aware I can change physical appearance, but is there a way to change my character's name? All I've found is that you can edit your save file to do it, but I'm scared that even a minor edit like that would somehow flag me as a cheater. Am I being paranoid?

vv Thanks, after Undertale I can't trust a game not to go "SURPRISE LOL" when I change something

Celery Jello fucked around with this message at 22:30 on May 9, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Mo0 posted:

I'm scared that even a minor edit like that would somehow flag me as a cheater. Am I being paranoid?
yes