Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
My mom with COPD tried vaping to try to get off cigarettes and quit after she the culture it spawned. So now she's back to hacking her lungs out every time she tries to finish a sentence.

Thanks vapists for helping my mom back on her way to an early grave!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Your Computer posted:

Is this vape culture thing an American phenomenon? Literally the only person I know who vapes is my mother, as a way to quit smoking (and it worked great, I'm really proud of her :3:)

My mum read a book by Allen Carr and just stopped smoking, and she doesn't vape either. She did the right thing, imo.

Clone Farmer
Aug 28, 2006

You Are A Elf posted:

I saw this exact stock image being used in a billboard advertising some church or something. The tagline was "Some thing are really weird. *pic of watermelon goggles dude* Church shouldn't be. *name of church*"

So at least even the weird as gently caress stock images are seeing some light of day.

That's not even a weird stock image, its just a Saskatchewan Rough riders fan.

Marenghi
Oct 16, 2008

Don't trust the liberals,
they will betray you

Paladinus posted:

My mum read a book by Allen Carr and just stopped smoking, and she doesn't vape either. She did the right thing, imo.

Used to get him confused with Alan Carr, and wonder why so many people were buying a book to quit smoking from a gay, English comedian/TV-presenter.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

i’m not against vaping, but man, vaping two inches from my face on the subway is a ridiculous rear end in a top hat kind of move. this dude was billowing like he was auditioning for the role of haunted house fog machine. the humidity in the whole car changed, he was ruining haircuts. just jump starting the water cycle. condensation was dripping down my glasses, people were slipping off poles, it was chaos. it was like watching one man try to terraform the moon. a planet with one dense, root beer scented atmosphere blocking out the sun and choking all life.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Why does everyone have green haired anime cave girl avatars all of a sudden?

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

We all need Lum avatars.

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

NESguerilla posted:

Heard someone was handing them out in FYAD ADTRW. Get yours, today!

e: I dont know poo poo

Neurion has a new favorite as of 23:06 on May 8, 2016

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

NESguerilla posted:

An explanation: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3484928&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=101#post459251804

Where to go to find a more up-to-date tally: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3773049

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

I'm a little jealous, tbh. I am enjoying the influx of Lums.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
As far as someone giving you an avatar, you could have done a lot worse.

...trust me.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Ularg posted:

As far as someone giving you an avatar, you could have done a lot worse.

...trust me.

Like my previous furry tits

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

PCOS Bill posted:

Like my previous furry tits

Right.

I think I have an extra $10 for that cause.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

cash crab posted:

Slip a little 'Man, Lum is really cool' in your post while in ADTRW and I think that'll get ya Lumed up.

I know, my plan requires you to post in ADTRW which is pretty AUG but I'm pretty sure that's why I have my avatar now.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

RareAcumen posted:

Slip a little 'Man, Lum is really cool' in your post while in ADTRW and I think that'll get ya Lumed up.

I know, my plan requires you to post in ADTRW which is pretty AUG but I'm pretty sure that's why I have my avatar now.

I like that there is an entire Lum'ed thread. These forums are fun and good sometimes

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I don't even know what a lum is

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

i am proud to be part of this community.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

PCOS Bill posted:

I don't even know what a lum is

An anime girl. Probably someone's waifu like Gadget.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

queserasera posted:

A self-taught artist on my social media wants to sell this 2x3 foot acrylic painting he made for two hundred bucks.

He says its Papa Legba. I say it's Alice Cooper after a stroke.

Is this by the same guy who painted "The Master" in Manos: The Hands of Fate? It's good to see him getting work these days.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
So in a FB group, someone talked about how there was some kind of Steampunk thing in the park, and one of them creepily told his friend that she'd look really hot in a corset. That started a discussion about how Steampunk is probably as AUG as Furries or Bronies, even then at least they aren't romanticizing a period in history with massive social injustice and an acceptance of genocide and colonialism around the world. Nope, its an excuse to wear top hats, googles and have silly facial hair.

Anyways, we started making GBS threads on Steam Powered Giraff and then I discovered there are tons of lovely Steam Punk bands are they're all AUG as gently caress

Every single one of these bands has a guy who insists on being called "the Professor". They also look like they smell like a basement.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

I thought that last one said "Cool Dad" which is objectively a gold band name

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

cash crab posted:

I thought that last one said "Cool Dad" which is objectively a gold band name

poo poo, I read "Cog is Dad."

Cool Dad is a good band name. Now to find dads that want to make a band that sings only about dad jokes.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

twistedmentat posted:

So in a FB group, someone talked about how there was some kind of Steampunk thing in the park, and one of them creepily told his friend that she'd look really hot in a corset. That started a discussion about how Steampunk is probably as AUG as Furries or Bronies, even then at least they aren't romanticizing a period in history with massive social injustice and an acceptance of genocide and colonialism around the world. Nope, its an excuse to wear top hats, googles and have silly facial hair.

Anyways, we started making GBS threads on Steam Powered Giraff and then I discovered there are tons of lovely Steam Punk bands are they're all AUG as gently caress

Every single one of these bands has a guy who insists on being called "the Professor". They also look like they smell like a basement.

The funny thing is that early Steampunk actually played into how hosed it would have been if the world had been stuck in the industrial revolution with all the dangerous poo poo and attitudes that existed back there that never changed. But nerds ruin everything

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Testekill posted:

The funny thing is that early Steampunk actually played into how hosed it would have been if the world had been stuck in the industrial revolution with all the dangerous poo poo and attitudes that existed back there that never changed. But nerds ruin everything

Yea, I remember ages ago reading a short steam punk story which was about how the Zulu's had been given the steampunk tech by the Prussians and used it against the British, and the brits were shown to be the bad guys. Now its like "The Victorian age was so cool...".

Worst statement I ever heard from a steampunker "It was a great time, everyone knew their place". Yea, Rich White West European Men on top, everyone else at the bottom.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Did they have electric guitars in goggle steampunk time? Idg this time warp.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

DicktheCat posted:

poo poo, I read "Cog is Dad."

Cool Dad is a good band name. Now to find dads that want to make a band that sings only about dad jokes.

It should either be Country or Rap. There's no other way I can imagine it working.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Good Dad sounds like a punk band to me. Like an old school, 1976 punk band.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

Darth123123 posted:

Did they have electric guitars in goggle steampunk time? Idg this time warp.

they totally could have, so it's fine.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Steam guitars

Vape guitars

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

Ularg posted:

It should either be Country or Rap. There's no other way I can imagine it working.

Think linkin park.

And Walmart-quality Hawaiian shirts with topless hula girls

Anil Dikshit has a new favorite as of 04:10 on May 9, 2016

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

twistedmentat posted:

I ran into a steampunk guy at a bar a few nights ago. He was wearing a top hat with goggles and several cogs on it. He had brought a portable chess board with him and every few minutes he'd walk up to a girl and as if instead of staring at her phone all night would she rather indulge in a mentally stimulating game of chess and riveting conversation about philosophy.

There weren't any takers.

artsy fartsy
May 10, 2014

You'll be ahead instead of behind. Hello!
Could someone describe what steampunk music sounds like so I don't have to actually listen to it?

The drummer in Cog's Not Dead is super cute though

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Your Gay Uncle posted:

I ran into a steampunk guy at a bar a few nights ago. He was wearing a top hat with goggles and several cogs on it. He had brought a portable chess board with him and every few minutes he'd walk up to a girl and as if instead of staring at her phone all night would she rather indulge in a mentally stimulating game of chess and riveting conversation about philosophy.

There weren't any takers.

You know, if he'd just asked "would you like to play chess?" he may have had some luck. He had to add all that other crap to it and was probably asking the wrong women. I notice that weird awkward nerds always fixate on, for lack of a better term, conventionally hot women. There are lots of weird girls out there that may not look like a supermodel, but are a lot more approachable. What am I saying though? These are the kinds of guys who say "0/10 wouldn't bang" to Scarlet Johannson and Jennifer Lawrence.

Oh I should probably post the picture that started it

the lady in the background is the one who was told about wearing a corset. She has a "Oh please god take me anywhere but here".

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Not sure I like the direction Mega64 is going. Also the ethnic guy got fat as hell

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

twistedmentat posted:

You know, if he'd just asked "would you like to play chess?" he may have had some luck. He had to add all that other crap to it and was probably asking the wrong women. I notice that weird awkward nerds always fixate on, for lack of a better term, conventionally hot women. There are lots of weird girls out there that may not look like a supermodel, but are a lot more approachable. What am I saying though? These are the kinds of guys who say "0/10 wouldn't bang" to Scarlet Johannson and Jennifer Lawrence.

Oh I should probably post the picture that started it

the lady in the background is the one who was told about wearing a corset. She has a "Oh please god take me anywhere but here".

There's always one in any group AUG photo.

It is usually a woman, maybe mid 20s, and she looks as if she has been dragged there by friends of friends and is too polite to say no. They usually have that same look of revulsion, fear and tension that this poor girl does as they try through gritted teeth to sidestep the thousand fedora-ed miladies that are thrown their way.

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

Ularg posted:

No, ska.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
I don't know if this counts as a steampunk band but he sure is an insufferable shitbag

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6t28COxEp2k

RNG
Jul 9, 2009

cash crab posted:

I read a bunch of the Lum manga when I was a teenager but I'm afraid to post in the official Lum thread because of my otherwise spotless ban record. Someone please Lum me.

Pingiivi
Mar 26, 2010

Straight into the iris!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uhb-7fgWVl0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Just going to post this classic again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWY-59yGH6k

• Locked thread