Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Kurieg posted:

It also gives you the Locust, which is hands down the best SMG in ME2 unless you need the Typhoon(Tempest? the one with the huge magazine on the barrel) for something specific.

That thing is truly amazing, especially it's accuracy. It's like an assault rifle with ammo issues for smg classes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
I still like the Tempest, personally. The large clip and firing rate are great for my preferred Infiltrator strategy, which is cloak, run up behind enemies and unload half a clip in to the back of their head.

Locust is great, otherwise.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

DeusExMachinima posted:

SP, you seem to be choosing renegade dialogue alot more lately.
Yeah, it kind of depends on who we're talking to. Renegade in this game is a lot less "let's do stupid evil poo poo for the sake of being stupid and evil" and more "I don't have time for this poo poo." Also we died and are working for a terrorist organization so being a bit less goody-two-shoes feels more appropriate. I'll still be mostly paragon though, there's no way to cheat our score this time around and we need one or the other for some later checks.

e:

Disco Infiva posted:

Skoolmunkee is awesome, I hope she'll be joining you again.
You're in luck! We did all of Mordin's mission together, but I had to split it up so the video wasn't an hour long. She's going to be away for a bit but is free to join me for later videos when she's back.

SubponticatePoster fucked around with this message at 23:37 on May 1, 2016

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Geth who...

I shamefully admit to thinking that was amusing. Oh, and once we have all companions we should do a butt poll. :haw:

Nekomimi-Maiden
Feb 27, 2011

I'm here to help you.
Rule number one, don't get me killed.
Yeah, Renegade in ME1 was pretty much "Herpderp I'm a racist fuckwit because Bioware needed a mind-bogglingly Evil option", Renegade in ME2 and 3 got a tuning up to be MOSTLY equally valid, just leaning towards "I don't have time to play NICE" instead of Paragon's "I'd like it if we didn't all have to be dicks to each other, 'k?"

As such it's a lot more fun, especially with the interrupt system ME2 introduced.

Nekomimi-Maiden fucked around with this message at 23:51 on May 1, 2016

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde
Renegade interrupts I always take:

That guy by the window in Thane's recruitment mission
The guy yapping at you in Miranda's loyalty mission
Headbutting Uvenk

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

SubponticatePoster posted:

The drinking game
Drink whenever Skoolmunkee tells a joke.

:stare:

Kurieg posted:

It also gives you the Locust, which is hands down the best SMG in ME2 unless you need the Typhoon(Tempest? the one with the huge magazine on the barrel) for something specific.

Eh, all the submachine guns in ME2 had their niche imho. The shuriken will barrier strip a praetorian on insanity insanely fast, while the tempest is good up close.

The only weapon class with a couple clear cut top dogs was shotguns iirc.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

Headbutting Uvenk

Every time I boot that dude out of the window in Thane's recruitment window I just want Shep to lean over and yell "CAN YOU FLY, YOU SUCKER?"

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

-every single one that's offered with two exceptions that I'm too lazy to spoiler tag :v:

I also take every paragon interrupt. Basically interrupts are awesome and good no matter what.

Oberndorf
Oct 20, 2010

I usually play pretty goofy-two-shoes, and I decided I'd be bad cop during Thane's loyalty mission. Damned shame the was the one time Paragon was straight up funnier.

J.theYellow
May 7, 2003
Slippery Tilde

Nekomimi-Maiden posted:

Yeah, Renegade in ME1 was pretty much "Herpderp I'm a racist fuckwit because Bioware needed a mind-bogglingly Evil option", Renegade in ME2 and 3 got a tuning up to be MOSTLY equally valid, just leaning towards "I don't have time to play NICE" instead of Paragon's "I'd like it if we didn't all have to be dicks to each other, 'k?"

ME1 was mostly just an excuse to reuse KOTOR game mechanics to prop up their Bold New SF Universe That Is Totally Better Than Star Wars AND Star Trek, including the Light Side/Dark Side Force options with new names.

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!

Nekomimi-Maiden posted:

As such it's a lot more fun, especially with the interrupt system ME2 introduced.

The "Dirty Harry or Captain Picard" approaches were pretty interesting ways to go about being a good-ish guy in ME2 and most of 3. They kinda slid back into the evil fuckwit territory in 3, like with some of the options available to you at the end of Mordin's quest. And/or how you can deal with Wrex afterwards. :stonk:

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

The Drink
Jokah Cola
Kirsch
Cola

You put the loving booze in the mixer and you drink it. Not complicated. Kirsch is cherry liqueur so it's cherry coke that fucks you up. It's unsophisticated and a bit trashy, much like Omega.

Simple version: I don't know how much more simple you can make it, but if you don't have Kirsch then put whatever booze in some coke.

I had no kirsch but ginjinha made a remarkably tasty substitute.

hard counter posted:

Eh, all the submachine guns in ME2 had their niche imho. The shuriken will barrier strip a praetorian on insanity insanely fast, while the tempest is good up close.

The only weapon class with a couple clear cut top dogs was shotguns iirc.

I always thought the default SMG was kinda crappy and so always made an early Kasumi loyalty mission run just for the Tempest or whatever it's called.

Also rifles clearly had two competing top dogs, either the Mattock or the Revenant.

Headbutting Uvenk

The snotnosed Asari in Samara's recruitment mission?

monster on a stick fucked around with this message at 05:21 on May 2, 2016

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Headbutting Uvenk

-The dude who rants at you from on top of a pipe in Mordin's loyalty?

Surely.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

MarquiseMindfang posted:

-The dude who rants at you from on top of a pipe in Mordin's loyalty?

Surely.
Of course not, it's very rude to interrupt someone's evil monologue.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

DeusExMachinima posted:

The "Dirty Harry or Captain Picard" approaches were pretty interesting ways to go about being a good-ish guy in ME2 and most of 3. They kinda slid back into the evil fuckwit territory in 3, like with some of the options available to you at the end of Mordin's quest. And/or how you can deal with Wrex afterwards. :stonk:

And then there's what you can do at the end of Samara's sidequest in 3. That's probably one of the only times in the series where going full Renegade is such a blatantly evil choice that can't just be rationalized away.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
Well, there's also the greater implication of chosing Morinth's side in 2 and 3.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

Regalingualius posted:

And then there's what you can do at the end of Samara's sidequest in 3. That's probably one of the only times in the series where going full Renegade is such a blatantly evil choice that can't just be rationalized away.

Unlocking Dominate as a bonus power :colbert:

(Yes I know Reave is more useful)

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

grack posted:

Unlocking Dominate as a bonus power :colbert:

(Yes I know Reave is more useful)

No, no, not that one.

At the end of the monastery side-mission in 3, a through-and-through Renegade Shep does nothing to stop Samara from offing herself in order to resolve her conflict of code versus love for her daughter... and then shoots said daughter themselves a moment later because they don't want to take the risk of her becoming a Banshee.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Regalingualius posted:

No, no, not that one.

At the end of the monastery side-mission in 3, a through-and-through Renegade Shep does nothing to stop Samara from offing herself in order to resolve her conflict of code versus love for her daughter... and then shoots said daughter themselves a moment later because they don't want to take the risk of her becoming a Banshee.
Well, I guess technically you can rationalize that second part :v:

divedivedive
Jun 6, 2011

Regalingualius posted:

No, no, not that one.

I jumped at my controller to hit that interrupt, was totally caught off guard by it though I probably shouldn't have been. But I'm a huge fan of Samara and her whole masterless samurai thing she has going. I tried hard to romance her every chance I got, always brushed off with an "aren't you cute".

Since this is my first post in the new thread, I'm enjoying watching the ongoing adventures of Butts the undead spectre. ME2 was probably the most fun of the trilogy to actually play, but for me the least fulfilling in total. The whole collector thing just felt like a big side quest, with most of your companions from the first game pushed aside in the interest of assembling a new gang. And while some of them are fun (who doesn't love Mordin?) and there are a bunch of returning faces, most were just less interesting on the whole. OK, except Samara, I would play a game of just her adventures kicking rear end around the galaxy and casually scaring the hell out of pretty much everyone she meets.

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

Oddly Bioware seems better at DLC type stuff. Their typical mainplots usually involve something catastrophic happening, the world or galaxy is actually ending, but on the other hand your squadmates are generally in good spirits/humorous and there's a ton of lighthearted moments from here to there leading to a tiny bit of dissonance. Usually DLCs that focus on hanging out with your bros doing less important stuff come off the better for it. It's hard to imagine Shepard taking time to make sure Jack bombs his old neighborhood or Grunt's adolescence runs through smoothly, if say, the reapers had already arrived. ...Well, ignoring the Citadel DLC for now.

monster on a stick posted:

I always thought the default SMG was kinda crappy and so always made an early Kasumi loyalty mission run just for the Tempest or whatever it's called.

Also rifles clearly had two competing top dogs, either the Mattock or the Revenant.

The Shuriken was good but super niche-y. It was high damage, high barrier/shield damage, low accuracy, modestly low ROF for an smg. It was really good at shooting big things especially if they had the right defensive layers but you'd have to be quite close to see its full potential against small humanoids so most peopled just lockered it for the tempest or locust. As far as ARs go the Avenger and Vindicator were both pretty good too iirc - sometimes I went for the rifle pick-up on non-soldier classes just for the Vindicator.

hard counter fucked around with this message at 06:13 on Jun 28, 2016

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

The tempest is good if you're playing a vanguard with the explosive fire ammo. Charge and unload the entire clip into their face during the time dilation.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde
Next update's ingredients:

Sour apple schnapps
Fireball
Clear soda (this can be Sprite or club depending on your sugar tolerance)

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Vorcha merchandise doesn't sell

The Drink
Choke N' Die
1.5 oz sour apple schnapps
1.0 oz Fireball
Clear Soda (see previous post)

The Drinking Game
Drink anytime shutting down machines, breaking fans, or choking and dying is mentioned or actually done.

The Episode
We put cure in air. Finishing up Mordin's recruitment. Just a long combat section interspersed with silly dialogue. I didn't show it off, but if you got people to get to the clinic then they're all hanging out in the lobby. Batarian guy is really nice and promises he won't be so judgmental the next time he meets a human :3: Now that we've got Mordin we can make use of those upgrades we've been picking up.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

I want a vorcha for a pet! It would be super fun.

*hissss* RIP YOUR FAAAAACE

Oh, aren't you just adorable! Do you want a cookie?

*hisssss* GIVE ME COOOOOKIE!

Also, Mordin's the best squad member in the game purely for the little lines you get when you go to the lab to talk to him and he's too busy to talk.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

grack posted:

Also, Mordin's the best squad member in the game purely for the little lines you get when you go to the lab to talk to him and he's too busy to talk.
"implications...unpleasant"

Someone on SA has an avatar of Mordin making the icky face with that caption and it cracks me up everytime I see it.

SS-Kumei
Sep 1, 2012
Y'know, with all this talk about Zaeed's butt, I see a very small (zero) amount of pictures of Zaeed butt in this LP. Hmmm... I think that not all the Zaeed love is legitimate...

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

There used to be a massive number of ME2 avatars in general here. Not too many linger on like 6 years later.

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

The Cain is great in another loyalty mission. Get enough range and it's "gently caress this encounter" :boom:

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

"implications...unpleasant"

Someone on SA has an avatar of Mordin making the icky face with that caption and it cracks me up everytime I see it.

Salarian Scientists are the best

Manic_Misanthrope posted:

The Cain is great in another loyalty mission. Get enough range and it's "gently caress this encounter" :boom:

The Cain can one-cycle the final boss, if you've go enough ammo upgrades that you can carry 200% Cain ammo, it lets you rapid fire two shots after the first one is charged.

Fire Storm
Aug 8, 2004

what's the point of life
if there are no sexborgs?

Kurieg posted:

Salarian Scientists are the best

The Cain can one-cycle the final boss, if you've go enough ammo upgrades that you can carry 200% Cain ammo, it lets you rapid fire two shots after the first one is charged.
NOT THE SCIENTIST SALARIAN VIDEO I WAS EXPECTING! And I SO hope that is shown in this LP. Not linking, but you know what I am talking about.

Ah yes, the Cain. Love the science-babble about it. "What happens when an object going FTL has it's mass effect field drop suddenly?" And Cerberus being Cerberus, they take that horrible idea and made it into a man-portable weapon.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

A man-portable WMD is pretty much the ideal weapon for a biotic psycho.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

MA-Horus posted:

A man-portable WMD is pretty much the ideal weapon for a biotic psycho.

Niftu Cal has no need for weapons.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

grack posted:

Niftu Cal has no need for weapons.

"Excuse me. What does (biotic) God need with a starship?"

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde
Next update's ingredients:
San Pellegrino Blood Orange soda
Gin
St. Germain

So, St. Germain. This stuff is somewhat expensive and I haven't found it in anything less than a fifth. If it's a pain in the rear end to find or out of your budget, you can leave it out. However we will be using it again and it's classy poo poo, so consider picking up a bottle. The bottle itself is pretty dang cool as well.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

To capture the taste of St.Germain, and save yourself a bunch of cash, Vodka and your favorite Elderflower Cordial (I like Belvoir), at a 1:1 ratio.
Super easy to find in the UK, dont know about anywhere else.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Rust, dust, and a bust

The Drink
Bleed Out
2 oz gin
1 oz St. Germain
San Pellegrino Blood Orange Soda

Combine liquors in a shaker with ice, shake to combine. Add to chilled soda

Simplified version: gin and juice

The Drinking Game
Drink every time I light someone on fire with incendiary ammo.

The Episode
Once we recruit a new squad member then we get a short conversation with them back on the ship (DLC characters don't get this) so we have a quick chat with Mordin and gently caress around with the upgrades we've now unlocked.

We're supposed to go to a really lovely planet and find a Krogan warlord named Okeer. We get there and find a bunch of Krogan fighting a bunch of rear end in a top hat mercs. The rear end in a top hat mercs are led by a super rear end in a top hat named Jedore, turns out she wanted a Krogan army and Okeer was supposed to be supplying the troops. He is, but has his own agenda. Also because Jedore is a fuckwit the Krogan Okeer is making just ignore her and go after her other mercs. There is a lot of shooting. When we finally find Okeer it turns out he's trying to make a perfect Krogan soldier who can "ignore" the genophage. He thinks he's succeeded, but before we can haul him off planet Jedore flips out and tries to poison Okeer's tank-bred and the rest of us as well, so we shut her down with extreme prejudice. Okeer dies while we're dicking around with her so we don't get to recruit him, but we take along his prototype soldier in a can.

SubponticatePoster fucked around with this message at 16:09 on May 13, 2016

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde
Should be fixed now, sorry 'bout that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grack
Jan 10, 2012

You don't pick up Archangel on Omega first? Interesting.

• Locked thread