Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Greatest ROH Champion
This poll is closed.
Lethal 28 47.46%
Rowe 1 1.69%
HANSON 17 28.81%
Pitbull 13 22.03%
Total: 59 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Bard Maddox posted:

Roddy if you go back to TNA somehow I swear to god

For real.

Really glad I'm going to those tapings next week if it'll be the last opportunity to see some of these guys live for a while. Thanks Rand!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
He gave both sides of the Championship Melt thing but he clearly wrote it in a way that was meant to make people think 'RoH was right, this dude was wrong'

I just hope it leads to a wrasslin' feud based on concession sales

Rand McNally
May 20, 2007

flashy_mcflash posted:

For real.

Really glad I'm going to those tapings next week if it'll be the last opportunity to see some of these guys live for a while. Thanks Rand!

No problem!

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
I don't get why people would go to TNA. Like, yeah they'll offer you more money but you'll take home less than the night shift at Wallmart.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Gonzo McFee posted:

I don't get why people would go to TNA. Like, yeah they'll offer you more money but you'll take home less than the night shift at Wallmart.

its guaranteed dates 4 weeks a year plus you're allowed to do whatever outside of those dates. Aside from the whole you might get stiffed on pay and/or roughed up by totally not-nazis(we swear they go to church now), its not unattractive if the money looks right.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

coconono posted:

its guaranteed dates 4 weeks a year plus you're allowed to do whatever outside of those dates. Aside from the whole you might get stiffed on pay and/or roughed up by totally not-nazis(we swear they go to church now), its not unattractive if the money looks right.

The new deals they are offering don't have that kind of freedom.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

MassRafTer posted:

The new deals they are offering don't have that kind of freedom.

oh? I thought the deal still allowed them to do WWN dates.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

coconono posted:

oh? I thought the deal still allowed them to do WWN dates.

Indie dates for the big money contract guys have to go through TNA, rather than the guys arranging dates directly. This could be a deal breaker for some indie promoters given how much of a bunglefuck the TNA office is.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

flashy_mcflash posted:

Indie dates for the big money contract guys have to go through TNA, rather than the guys arranging dates directly. This could be a deal breaker for some indie promoters given how much of a bunglefuck the TNA office is.

That and last time they ran the booking they had an inflated idea of their talent's value so outside bookings were rare.

smikey
May 22, 2004
It's not a hootenanny, it's an extravsganza!
My brother and I are going to the PPV in Chicago tomorrow and I was wondering if anyone was familiar with the neighborhood? Is it a shithole or no?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

:swoon:

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

smikey posted:

My brother and I are going to the PPV in Chicago tomorrow and I was wondering if anyone was familiar with the neighborhood? Is it a shithole or no?

It's a weird small neighborhood right off of a highway. Mostly just apartments and small houses. We're planning on showing up early just for parking because it can be kind of tough.

What other goons are showing up tomorrow?

smikey
May 22, 2004
It's not a hootenanny, it's an extravsganza!

Charles Gnarwin posted:

It's a weird small neighborhood right off of a highway. Mostly just apartments and small houses. We're planning on showing up early just for parking because it can be kind of tough.

What other goons are showing up tomorrow?

Thanks for the info, particularly about parking. I hate having to look around for spots.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
I'll be there tomorrow with my wife. It's important to note that the PPV isn't in Chicago, it's in the suburb of Chicago Ridge. So there isn't a ton of stuff around the Fieldhouse itself.

The Fieldhouse has a small parking lot that will have spots if you get there early enough.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Blast Fantasto posted:

I'll be there tomorrow with my wife. It's important to note that the PPV isn't in Chicago, it's in the suburb of Chicago Ridge. So there isn't a ton of stuff around the Fieldhouse itself.

The Fieldhouse has a small parking lot that will have spots if you get there early enough.

There's a bar(good eats) down the road you can park at too if parking fills up. Best to get there about 90min-2 hours before bell because I have seen cars towed out of the bar lot. I parked there once but I asked the owner of the bar if I could pay him for it. Seemed pretty amenable after a $60 tab.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

Did he throw from the mound?

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

i'm way behind on roh house shows did dijack ever get hit shot at lethal or do they still owe him a shot along with colt's rematch and now adam cole

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.

oatgan posted:

i'm way behind on roh house shows did dijack ever get hit shot at lethal or do they still owe him a shot along with colt's rematch and now adam cole

His shot at the title is coming up during this tour a believe.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Durk Hendrunkqs posted:

His shot at the title is coming up during this tour a believe.

he's deserves better than to be forgotten due to a bad taping schedule

they did his big angle and then immediately piled on two more challengers as the focal point of the show with zero new tv between then and now

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

oatgan posted:

Pretty sure he's getting built up for ASX, but he'll probably get a house show shot before then.

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

oatgan posted:

They're the main event of the Toronto show, but I think it's non-title.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/BookItGabe/status/729507104009097216

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Wish I could retract my tweet with "the most overact on the roster went over." Oh well, next time.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
much much better than gabe's dq ending on his last ppv

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

as far as indie wrestling invasions from this weekend goes if i had to pick between the new japan stable i'm tired of and the wrestling company everybody is tired of i'd take the bullet club

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
TBH, it'd be one thing if ROH had monthly PPVs but a complete and total gently caress finish when ROH runs 4 PPVs a year would really rub me the wrong way, especially since IIRC nothing really happened of note at the last PPV either.

Really I just don't know what's going on with ROH's main event scene. They have almost the opposite problem of WWE in that things are too muddy instead of not muddy enough.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

SamuraiFoochs posted:

TBH, it'd be one thing if ROH had monthly PPVs but a complete and total gently caress finish when ROH runs 4 PPVs a year would really rub me the wrong way, especially since IIRC nothing really happened of note at the last PPV either.

Really I just don't know what's going on with ROH's main event scene. They have almost the opposite problem of WWE in that things are too muddy instead of not muddy enough.

It was a PPV entirely sold around ROH/New Japan dream matches with the main event being built up on some house shows for the house show audience. They gave us a bunch of good matches, Bobby Fish his big win and threw a monkey wrench in the main event scene. Good show.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

MassRafTer posted:

It was a PPV entirely sold around ROH/New Japan dream matches with the main event being built up on some house shows for the house show audience. They gave us a bunch of good matches, Bobby Fish his big win and threw a monkey wrench in the main event scene. Good show.

Just to clarify I'm not saying it was a bad show, I didn't see it. I'm saying that one of the things I always felt set ROH apart booking wise was that their PPVs generally felt more blow off-y when I watched them and I haven't gotten that vibe lately. Maybe I'm totally wrong. It just feels SORTA WWE-ish booking wise.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
I had a great time at the show but can also see how the ending would piss people off.

it's hard for me to focus on anything other than I got to see Okada and Tanahashi wrestle each other.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

please just push adam cole i dont even care what it takes at this point or how they have to package it

fun show though

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Just to clarify I'm not saying it was a bad show, I didn't see it. I'm saying that one of the things I always felt set ROH apart booking wise was that their PPVs generally felt more blow off-y when I watched them and I haven't gotten that vibe lately. Maybe I'm totally wrong. It just feels SORTA WWE-ish booking wise.

the last ROH show I thought was really good top to bottom was probably last year's Best in the World tbh, though I was out of town for Final Battle.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

ayn rand hand job posted:

the last ROH show I thought was really good top to bottom was probably last year's Best in the World tbh, though I was out of town for Final Battle.

Like I guess all I'm saying is "really good technical matches with suboptimal booking" is WWE now. And yeah ROH's matches are probably better overall but I hate ROH's production (I think their commentary is worse than WWE's, I LOATHE Kevin Kelly with my whole being and Corino is just there), and I just don't care about current ROH characters. So if they have gently caress finishes and/or not end feuds in the mains of their quarterly PPVs for half a year, well...

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Ending sounds really cool, I'm surprised it took this long for Cole to join the Bullet Club. I love this kind of invasion poo poo.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Like I guess all I'm saying is "really good technical matches with suboptimal booking" is WWE now. And yeah ROH's matches are probably better overall but I hate ROH's production (I think their commentary is worse than WWE's, I LOATHE Kevin Kelly with my whole being and Corino is just there), and I just don't care about current ROH characters. So if they have gently caress finishes and/or not end feuds in the mains of their quarterly PPVs for half a year, well...

Luckily for you ROH replaced Corino with Mr. Wrestling III and while King Corino was great, with Mr. Wrestling III it is a superkick party every week.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

SamuraiFoochs posted:

The dirty secret is that ROH's product has been trending more and more towards WWE's style for years. Since Sinclair's primarily interested in ROH for providing cheap content for their stations, ROH's direction has become TV-centric, which means a lot more promos and a lot more gently caress finishes to set up future directions for TV, just like WWE.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Give Cole the strap, let him have it for like three years, then have Jay Briscoe take it off of him.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Grozz Nuy posted:

The dirty secret is that ROH's product has been trending more and more towards WWE's style for years. Since Sinclair's primarily interested in ROH for providing cheap content for their stations, ROH's direction has become TV-centric, which means a lot more promos and a lot more gently caress finishes to set up future directions for TV, just like WWE.

Except their TV is (IMHO) even more mediocre, like there are fewer atrocious lows but also not as many highs, and literally nothing happens. They're in this bizarre middle ground where they build more to PPVs as far as big events happening, but they also build more to TV with gently caress finishes for angles and stuff.

Basically what I'm saying is if anyone tries to out-WWE WWE, it doesn't end well.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Kelly isn't bad, and Corino isn't too bad. I kinda wanted to have them off TV for the 8 man tonight though. Mr. Wrestling 3 had the production monkeys make a superkick counter....for a match without any superkicks.

90% of the commentary was basically spent pointing out there had been 0 superkicks in the match and not really focused on the action.

I did like it in the post-ME schmozzfest, but I wish they had not done that in the 8 man.

They did spend some good moeny upgrading their lightning and sets though. Really looks quite great.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Except their TV is (IMHO) even more mediocre, like there are fewer atrocious lows but also not as many highs, and literally nothing happens. They're in this bizarre middle ground where they build more to PPVs as far as big events happening, but they also build more to TV with gently caress finishes for angles and stuff.

Basically what I'm saying is if anyone tries to out-WWE WWE, it doesn't end well.

ROH TV is really good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

oatgan posted:

please just push adam cole i dont even care what it takes at this point or how they have to package it

Super obvious now but Cole is due a BIG push. Gedo is really high on him. He most likely won't be in the G1 but NJPW have big plans to introduce him as a singles wrestler fairly soon. His career seems to be about to really take off again which is happy news.

• Locked thread