Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
I am looking for a game that came out on GBA. It was a soccer game, but matches were played inside and the ball could bounce off the wall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe
Does anybody remember a PS1 platformer that let you play as different cartoonish teenagers in some alien planet. I believe the game made a big point of being able to torture enemies for some reason. Never played it myself, but I suddenly remembered its very 90s magazine ads and got curious.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Wild 9?

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
Mid-late '90s PC game, set in a bar, probably in space, but is not The Space Bar or Callahan's Crosstime Saloon. Had an LP thread 3-4 years ago that either never finished or I just lost track of. I don't remember anything in detail about the game but it was very bizarre for reasons I've completely forgotten.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Feeble Files?

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

Alright, here's a tough one that I thought of while pondering DS3's focus point system. Literally the only thing I remember about it was that it was an action RPG where, whenever you used up all your magic the bar would turn a sort of pink color as it recharged back to full, at which point you could use magic again. I'm fairly certain it was a PC game and in all likelyhood it came out some time in the last 5-10 years, tops.

I also seem to remember some ability or maybe an equipment item that made you deal extra damage when the bar was recharging, which I abused the hell out of.

Please help this is gonna drive me frickin' nuts if I can't remember it.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben

al-azad posted:

Feeble Files?

No, and not Starship Titanic either. I think it might have been a FMV game with actual actors, and might have had a single word title, but I might be misremembering both of those things. I remember it being a fairly popular LP when it was around, and there was talk about contacting the developer about getting it rereleased, but I don't think anything came of it. I know I requested it on GOG, back when they took requests. Wish I could remember, like, anything about why it was so interesting.

Edit: Turns out it's easy to pick out games you voted for on GOG from the list, but either I'm misremembering or it got so few votes as to render it unable to be found unless I sit here for hours.

Rollersnake fucked around with this message at 01:01 on May 1, 2016

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012

InequalityGodzilla posted:

Alright, here's a tough one that I thought of while pondering DS3's focus point system. Literally the only thing I remember about it was that it was an action RPG where, whenever you used up all your magic the bar would turn a sort of pink color as it recharged back to full, at which point you could use magic again. I'm fairly certain it was a PC game and in all likelyhood it came out some time in the last 5-10 years, tops.

I also seem to remember some ability or maybe an equipment item that made you deal extra damage when the bar was recharging, which I abused the hell out of.

Please help this is gonna drive me frickin' nuts if I can't remember it.

Kingdom Hearts 2 had a magic system like that, but that's not PC.

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

Andorra posted:

Kingdom Hearts 2 had a magic system like that, but that's not PC.

Yes! Thank you! Not sure why I couldn't place it.

Jesustheastronaut!
Mar 9, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
My brother and I are trying to find a game we used to play a long while back. Here are the details we've been able to come up with. Ring any bells?

-PC (played it around 2008 but no idea when the game came out, might have been much older)
-Graphics were 3D rather than sprites, similar to Warcraft 3, but not as good
-Had Deck building elements - The cards would be units and spells, very similar to Magic the Gathering, but combat would take place in a turn-based "Heroes of Might and Magic" fashion - with similar battle phases to MTG.
-Can remember specifically using Rat based "deck" units at some point. Cards would be drawn during battle. Decks consisted of a fairly low amount of cards, I think (~20)
-Between battles, game would take place on a world map, similar to 'Mount and Blade'
-Think main character was traveling on a wolf, and wielded a staff, not sure if there were other character to chose from

Some of these details are fuzzy.

Game is not BattleForge.

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Flirting With Apathetic Waitresses Since 1984

Jesustheastronaut! posted:

My brother and I are trying to find a game we used to play a long while back. Here are the details we've been able to come up with. Ring any bells?

-PC (played it around 2008 but no idea when the game came out, might have been much older)
-Had Deck building elements - The cards would be units and spells, very similar to Magic the Gathering, but combat would take place in a turn-based "Heroes of Might and Magic" fashion - with similar battle phases to MTG.
-Can remember specifically using Rat based "deck" units at some point. Cards would be drawn during battle. Decks consisted of a fairly low amount of cards, I think (~20)
-Between battles, game would take place on a world map, similar to 'Mount and Blade'
-Think main character was traveling on a wolf, and wielded a staff, not sure if there were other character to chose from

Game is not BattleForge.

Not too familiar but maybe:

http://www.mobygames.com/game/warhammer-shadow-of-the-horned-rat
https://www.mobygames.com/game/warhammer-dark-omen

ThisIsNoZaku
Apr 22, 2013

Pew Pew Pew!

Jesustheastronaut! posted:

Game is not BattleForge.

Etherlords.

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

Evil Red Wings Owner Wario Lemieux Steals Stanley Cup
Was hoping a thread like this existed then was happy to find it.

PC title, probably 10-12 years old. Japanese setting, kind of like a city/economy game with similarities to the Anno series in needing to provide ranged services to improve your residential spots. I think combat may have been an option but my memories of it are pretty vague beyond what little I've given.

HMS Boromir
Jul 16, 2011

by Lowtax
Are you sure it wasn't Chinese rather than Japanese? Because Emperor: Rise of the Middle Kingdom comes to mind.

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

Evil Red Wings Owner Wario Lemieux Steals Stanley Cup

HMS Boromir posted:

Are you sure it wasn't Chinese rather than Japanese? Because Emperor: Rise of the Middle Kingdom comes to mind.

No I'm not sure but now that you mention the title that sounds familiar, thank you

overeager overeater
Oct 16, 2011

"The cosmonauts were transfixed with wonderment as the sun set - over the Earth - there lucklessly, untethered Comrade Todd on fire."

Rollersnake posted:

No, and not Starship Titanic either. I think it might have been a FMV game with actual actors, and might have had a single word title, but I might be misremembering both of those things. I remember it being a fairly popular LP when it was around, and there was talk about contacting the developer about getting it rereleased, but I don't think anything came of it. I know I requested it on GOG, back when they took requests. Wish I could remember, like, anything about why it was so interesting.

Edit: Turns out it's easy to pick out games you voted for on GOG from the list, but either I'm misremembering or it got so few votes as to render it unable to be found unless I sit here for hours.

It's set at a party (and not in space), but maybe MODE?

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Unlockable Ben

Vlad the Retailer posted:

It's set at a party (and not in space), but maybe MODE?

Yeah, that has to be it. Thanks!

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Rollersnake posted:

Yeah, that has to be it. Thanks!

Thanks? I think you mean "Green" :colbert:.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Thanks? I think you mean "Green" :colbert:.

Good god do I miss that LP. One of the most fascinating things I've ever seen.

On a semi-related note, the developer was contacted and actually posted quite a lot and gave some fascinating insight on the game before going full truther and getting put on probation. Good times.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

MattTheDoctor posted:

Good god do I miss that LP. One of the most fascinating things I've ever seen.

On a semi-related note, the developer was contacted and actually posted quite a lot and gave some fascinating insight on the game before going full truther and getting put on probation. Good times.

Lol, of course he would be a little strange in the head.

Praseodymi
Aug 26, 2010

I've been googleing for this game, and apparently I'm not the only one because I'm pretty sure I found at least 2 people looking for the same one and not getting an answer:

quote:

I remember a game I played from years ago where you play as a cartoon wizard (blue or purple I believe) and you have a health and mana bar. You have to collect keys to advance and can shoot fireballs I believe. There's a birds eye view and I remember there being spiders that you have to fight at one stage, my memory is sadly quite hazy but I'll appreciate it if anyone has any idea as to what game this is, been searching for quite a long time for it!

quote:

Trying to find out the name of this game for yeeeears... It is old roughly from 1995+ (I know not much to go by)
It was a 2d cartoony game in which the camera is in the sky facing down, It isnt side scrolling it is more like one of the first Zelda games.
It was an RPG type game i beleive and i dont remember a huge deal about this game but i do know you play as a purple or blue wizard wearing the normal wizard setup (big pointy hat and robes)
I remember that you collect books that make you stronger or give you new spells or something and there is one boss thats a big ogre and your in a cave, i remember a forest level and a floating castle level. I also remember that in the game there is lamps and you collect new armor and items. If anyone can remember this game i would appreciate it sooo much its a game me and my dad used to play when i was a little boy and i have alot of memorys playing it with him. It was also on the PC and i think it was made after 2000 but i cant be sure.
sorry i dont have more info but will edit if i do, If you have ANYTHING even if you dont think its close PLEASE reply!

EDIT: My dad has told me its a also got some puzzles in it and that it has spiders... (Yeah dad real helpful.. spiders!)

The only other thing I remember is that there was a humanoid mushroom enemy that I particularly feared, and some lava dragon things at some point, and I'm pretty sure it was in that sort of dodgy early 3D, so the character's head was a perfect flesh diffuse coloured sphere.

EDIT: And it isn't Mystic Towers, as someone suggested to one of the quotes.

Praseodymi fucked around with this message at 15:51 on May 10, 2016

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

Praseodymi posted:

I've been googleing for this game, and apparently I'm not the only one because I'm pretty sure I found at least 2 people looking for the same one and not getting an answer:

The only other thing I remember is that there was a humanoid mushroom enemy that I particularly feared, and some lava dragon things at some point, and I'm pretty sure it was in that sort of dodgy early 3D, so the character's head was a perfect flesh diffuse coloured sphere.

Might be a bit of a long shot, but one of the Rage of Mages games?

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Praseodymi posted:

Is it Trial By Magic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLe2tOS30b8

Praseodymi
Aug 26, 2010

Nah, I think it was much more kid friendly and brightly coloured and less realistic looking than those. Like, the main character was 40% head.

EDIT: I don't think it was properly isometric, I think the camera was aligned with the grid.

Praseodymi fucked around with this message at 15:59 on May 10, 2016

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Praseodymi posted:

Nah, I think it was much more kid friendly and brightly coloured and less realistic looking than those. Like, the main character was 40% head.

EDIT: I don't think it was properly isometric, I think the camera was aligned with the grid.

Was it Young Merlin for SNES?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTCxWCuW4E0

EDIT: I just quickly re-read the description, and I don't think Young Merlin comes remotely close, but hey, someone else might have been thinking of this game, so I'm going to leave it here.

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 16:05 on May 10, 2016

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Praseodymi posted:

Was it DOS or Windows

Praseodymi
Aug 26, 2010

Pablo Gigante posted:

Was it DOS or Windows

Pretty certain it was Windows.

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN

Praseodymi posted:

Little Big Adventure / Relentless: Twinsen's Adventure (depending on your region)?

https://www.gog.com/game/little_big_adventure

E: He might wear a wizard hat later in the game or in one of the sequals or something, I haven't seen much of the game.

Pneub fucked around with this message at 19:41 on May 10, 2016

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Probably rule out Magic and Mayhem but this game sounds familiar.

Praseodymi
Aug 26, 2010

Pneub posted:

Little Big Adventure / Relentless: Twinsen's Adventure (depending on your region)?

https://www.gog.com/game/little_big_adventure

E: He might wear a wizard hat later in the game or in one of the sequals or something, I haven't seen much of the game.

Nope, sorry. I think it was even lower fidelity graphics than that. Barely any textures, and only simple ones. Mainly just single colour primitives.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
Maybe 'Get Medieval'?

Praseodymi
Aug 26, 2010

I think I've found someone else on another forum after it, but I don't remember the 'run away!'. I thought there was some sort of gear upgrading and potions so this could also be it:

quote:

Hi I'm looking for the name of an old PC game (90's I think) It was based around a little wizard (i think) that had to journey to different places. Here he fought zombies, or skeletons or spiders. I remember you could upgrade his shoes, hat and wands. Also there were potions that gave him extra lives. The thing I remember most is that when he left an area without fighting he would say "run away"
please help!

Praseodymi fucked around with this message at 20:09 on May 10, 2016

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Hexplore? It's got a purple wizard as one of the characters

Praseodymi
Aug 26, 2010

Pablo Gigante posted:

Hexplore? It's got a purple wizard as one of the characters

No, the graphics are too realistic again. I saw a reddit post that might have been looking for the same game that said it might have been claymation. They also said it might have come out of a cereal box, which probably doesn't bode well for someone still remembering the name.

DancinBrud
Jul 23, 2007

I'm trying to remember the name of a pinball game I played around 1985. I think it was sci-fi themed and the art featured a woman who was possibly a robot, so all my searches turn up Bride of Pinbot but that's definitely not what I'm trying to think of. I think the colors included a lot of black and dark blue, and there might've been a large face or eye in the art as well. Any ideas?

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

DancinBrud posted:

I'm trying to remember the name of a pinball game I played around 1985. I think it was sci-fi themed and the art featured a woman who was possibly a robot, so all my searches turn up Bride of Pinbot but that's definitely not what I'm trying to think of. I think the colors included a lot of black and dark blue, and there might've been a large face or eye in the art as well. Any ideas?

Epic Pinball?

DancinBrud
Jul 23, 2007

Thanks, but no. I should've clarified that this was a real, physical pinball machine, instead of software.

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Flirting With Apathetic Waitresses Since 1984

DancinBrud posted:

Thanks, but no. I should've clarified that this was a real, physical pinball machine, instead of software.

Ask here, they'll know: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3361132

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008

DancinBrud posted:

Xenon?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
The sad truth is that a pinball machine featuring a woman who is possibly a robot still leaves like 50% of all pinball machines.