Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
Alien Engine is quite possibly one of the strongest guns in the game, it's just risky to use it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

Yeah well there's no point leaving a boss fight with blanks left in your inventory. In fact, I'd say you should have the mindset that if you left a boss fight with leftover blanks, you hosed up. Work out the hardest patterns to dodge and just blank them if they're even close to you so you only have to deal with dodging the harder patterns zero or one times instead two or three times. Being stingy with blanks in the boss room and increasing the risk you'll lose a flawless bonus is so pointless and counterproductive.

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.

Digirat posted:

You're not wrong about the randomness but you are incredibly wrong about the alien engine. It ruins the dragun.

how does that work? I'd figure it would be really risky to get in so close and you'd just push yourself away as soon as you shoot anyway

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...

BUY IT.
when you think about it, it's smarter to take a hit on a floor if it means saving a blank that could flawless a boss. However, I will never learn this.

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Alien engine should be able to destroy bullets that are right in front of it.

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

Zorodius posted:

how does that work? I'd figure it would be really risky to get in so close and you'd just push yourself away as soon as you shoot anyway

Any movement speed buff can help negate the knockback significantly.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.
In this world it's pet or BE pet.

Ever get the alien engine with a potion of gun friendship? It's completely unfunctional as a weapon but hilarious none the less.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Einwand posted:

Ever get the alien engine with a potion of gun friendship? It's completely unfunctional as a weapon but hilarious none the less.

think of the alien engine as a passive item that increases your movement speed, it's better that way

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Get Iron Boots and Alien Engine. Enjoy.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Why is the cheat engine script for keys not in the OP? Im currently on floor 5 and for the first time in like 80 runs map man is on it. Sadly there is ONE LOCKED DOOR that i cant open because i have no keys so i cant finish the fukken map!

Edit: cant find the script atm.

Edit2: It doesnt work if you have 0 keys. gently caress this stupid map man and gently caress locked doors.

FrickenMoron fucked around with this message at 08:33 on May 8, 2016

Klaus Kinski
Nov 26, 2007
Der Klaus
Two clone runs ruined because I get greedy with cursed items :negative:

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

FrickenMoron posted:

Why is the cheat engine script for keys not in the OP? Im currently on floor 5 and for the first time in like 80 runs map man is on it. Sadly there is ONE LOCKED DOOR that i cant open because i have no keys so i cant finish the fukken map!

Edit: cant find the script atm.

Edit2: It doesnt work if you have 0 keys. gently caress this stupid map man and gently caress locked doors.

HenryEx posted:

I can give you a script for infinite keys that works right out of the gate. Well, as soon as you are in the actual game, out of the breach.

http://pastebin.com/bqBa8BwW

Copy & paste the RAW Paste Data into the Cheat Engine window, then activate the new script "Player Controller Pointer", and set "Infinite Keys?" to yes. No need to use a key first.

Definitely works without having a key or ever having used one.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

One of these days I will reach chamber 5 with more than one heart and most of my guns close to empty. Those lvl 4 bosses are mean motherfuckers.

I keep unlocking stuff though so by sheer rng I will get some op bullshit combo at some point.

Redundant
Sep 24, 2011

Even robots have feelings!

Mindblast posted:

One of these days I will reach chamber 5 with more than one heart and most of my guns close to empty. Those lvl 4 bosses are mean motherfuckers.

I keep unlocking stuff though so by sheer rng I will get some op bullshit combo at some point.
This is me. I can get to floor 4 but that is all. I still haven't even finished the Oubliette. I am terrible at video games.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

I'm kinda bad at this game too, but I think I'm getting better. I've made it to High Dragun a couple of times, but haven't killed him yet... And truly beating the game (what's that, kill the past of all characters? Kill the sixth chamber boss [with all characters?!]) seems reeeeeally out of reach. Still a fun lil game to play a few rounds of at a time!

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

enojy posted:

I'm kinda bad at this game too, but I think I'm getting better. I've made it to High Dragun a couple of times, but haven't killed him yet... And truly beating the game (what's that, kill the past of all characters? Kill the sixth chamber boss [with all characters?!]) seems reeeeeally out of reach. Still a fun lil game to play a few rounds of at a time!

You only need to defeat the 6th Chamber boss once to get the prizes. If you do that, kill all four pasts, and kill the Dragun with the two hidden characters, all that's really left is the hellacious grind of the hunt and elevator sidequests.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

enojy posted:

Good news is you only need to get the set up to kill the past once, apparently.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

I AM BRAWW posted:

holy poo poo lmao, have you guys seen what happens when you bring the Blobulord leftover to one of the spinning Poop corn leftovers? not gonna spoil it but wow. You just make sure the Blobulord blob follows you all the way to a living corn

I just did this but nothing happened :(

Dunno if it's just bugged or if it's 'cause I'm playing Robot.

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014
:troll:

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
So is it just me or does he water barrel not spawn in the fireplace room in the new patch? Or do I have to push the drat barrel at least one more time now that it's been patched. I've actually beaten Oubliette twice since the patch but I've used water guns both times to get in.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Jibo posted:

So is it just me or does he water barrel not spawn in the fireplace room in the new patch? Or do I have to push the drat barrel at least one more time now that it's been patched. I've actually beaten Oubliette twice since the patch but I've used water guns both times to get in.

The water barrel rarely spawns within the fireplace room itself. Usually it's 1-3 rooms away.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, you have to unlock the fire place via water barrel one last time with the new patch to get the "fireplace room now always spawns a water barrel" perk.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Jibo posted:

Yesterday I got a few water barrel spawns (maybe in like 7/10 runs) in the fireplace room - I was assuming in the ones that were missing it that it was just popped by the shots of a Gun Nut or something offscreen.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

Gamerofthegame posted:

Good news is you only need to get the set up to kill the past once, apparently.

You only need to get each of the four items to the forge chick once, and you can do them on different runs if you want. They stop spawning once you've turned them in. You do still need to find the forge and get the bullet each time you want to kill a past, though.

drink_bleach
Dec 13, 2004

Praise the Sun!

Zark the Damned posted:

I just did this but nothing happened :(

Dunno if it's just bugged or if it's 'cause I'm playing Robot.

Yeah I happened to do it just because they were 1 room away from each other. Nothing happens.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Nighthand posted:

You only need to get each of the four items to the forge chick once, and you can do them on different runs if you want. They stop spawning once you've turned them in. You do still need to find the forge and get the bullet each time you want to kill a past, though.

I would always do this even if it wasn't needed for the bullet though, since a shop with 6 items is pretty great.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
Getting the final Lost Adventurer spawn is not a pleasant endeavor and I may just disregard it entirely and get on with my life instead.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, 61 hours in and i'm still at 4/5 floor mapped.

Cryohazard
Feb 5, 2010
Holy gently caress is Clone strong. I don't see how you could not destroy the game given a full run's worth of items from the start.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
I just got the last Lost Adventurer last night after ~200 hours played and more than 200 deaths.

Still hunting shambling rounds though...

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

BUY IT.

Jibo posted:

I just got the last Lost Adventurer last night after ~200 hours played and more than 200 deaths.

Still hunting shambling rounds though...

your deaths-per-hour ratio is much more flattering than mine

Klaus Kinski
Nov 26, 2007
Der Klaus

Cryohazard posted:

Holy gently caress is Clone strong. I don't see how you could not destroy the game given a full run's worth of items from the start.

You get very, very greedy with cursed items.

SavTargaryen
Sep 11, 2011

Cryohazard posted:

Clone is veeery good yeah, I finally got one last night after eating poo poo to the High Priest or whatever. However, I've found it's counter: getting progressively more drunk while you play, meaning by the time you restart and get back there, you are bad at dodging.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Zorodius posted:

your deaths-per-hour ratio is much more flattering than mine

I let it idle a lot

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Cryohazard posted:

I got my first Clone drop tonight (off of my first Old King kill, no less) and totally forgot I had it because I ended up killing the Pilot's past. I think Stinger's damage was nerfed against the Dragun's second phase, it took like 4 cycles and on the fourth I was like gently caress it, switched to the Trident, and seemed to do better.

I'm not worried about getting the 5th floor lost adventurer because I always full clear, but I'm still at zero caped bullets 146 runs in. :jiggled:

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Power of Pecota posted:

I got my first Clone drop tonight (off of my first Old King kill, no less) and totally forgot I had it because I ended up killing the Pilot's past. I think Stinger's damage was nerfed against the Dragun's second phase, it took like 4 cycles and on the fourth I was like gently caress it, switched to the Trident, and seemed to do better.

I'm not worried about getting the 5th floor lost adventurer because I always full clear, but I'm still at zero caped bullets 146 runs in. :jiggled:

Well the big deal with bees is that they stick around for a while and keep doing damage, so of course they're gonna be worse against a target that's only available for a short time before disappearing.

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

I found scattershot in a chest on floor 1 and I think I've found my favorite item in the game

Then I remembered I had Double Vision

It did gently caress all for damage, but was :pcgaming: as hell in motion. I wish I could have found bouncy bullets as well for maximum disco mode, but this game gives you literally no ability to work your way into a build so oh well. Maybe I'll pick the three of those up in my next few hundred runs, assuming I manage to keep playing this game and not quit out of runs halfway to play nuclear throne instead like I seem to do every other time I boot up this game.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
I had scattershot with the real railgun. It was fun.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
I hate projectiles up damage down. It might be good with some combinations but the bad damage just pushes up your ammo usage and makes everything take longer to kill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Carecat posted:

I hate projectiles up damage down. It might be good with some combinations but the bad damage just pushes up your ammo usage and makes everything take longer to kill.

Megahand with Scattershot is pretty awesome. Ultimate shotgun.