Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

weirdo obsessive person who is the posting equivalent of an untuned radio - "lol ur not memorable"

This may be a slight exaggeration but you seem to respond to basically every post despera makes, and always with some variation of the same post. I think your goal is to drive them away but all it has meant is months of "not listening you are a bad poster" posts doubling the bandwidth of every despera post.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
its an extreme exaggeration, and whats this months plural poo poo

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings

its an extreme exaggeration, and whats this months plural poo poo

Well you've managed to make both seem reasonable descriptions. If you don't care then just keep on keeping on, I guess.

4th Horseman
Jun 3, 2011

Endie posted:

This may be a slight exaggeration but you seem to respond to basically every post despera makes, and always with some variation of the same post. I think your goal is to drive them away but all it has meant is months of "not listening you are a bad poster" posts doubling the bandwidth of every despera post.

Not to defend dead tear but he responds to everything. Sometimes to himself.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tokyo Sexwhale posted:

I still haven't had any solo PvP experiences that ended well for me, mostly because every time I've run into someone they've been "soloing" with a full set of links on an alt and good drugs, or they were bait for a hot drop and as soon as I get into tackle range they lit a cyno and 20 dudes landed on the field.

I really have the worst luck with that poo poo.

Dalael is too stupid to roam with links and drugs or bait for a drop so good on the new guy at actually encountering a somewhat fair fight in eve.

Solo pvp is tricky until your brain figures out what to do and how to adjust to it if you're used to fleet vs fleet pvp. I had a blast trying to get footage for my video application for the Amarr Championship. Flew around in Punishers & Tormentors in FW space and surprisingly did well but died to many times before I got used to it.

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings

4th Horseman posted:

Not to defend dead tear but he responds to everything. Sometimes to himself.

Yeah, that's what I suppose I was trying to say. Despera may be wrong most of the time but white noise posting was ironic when I could get a Markov chain bot to create deadtear's responses to him and have it pass the Turing test out the box.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Endie posted:

Yeah, that's what I suppose I was trying to say. Despera may be wrong most of the time but white noise posting was ironic when I could get a Markov chain bot to create deadtear's responses to him and have it pass the Turing test out the box.

Where is Swit when you need him? (Or possibly it?)

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Endie posted:

thank you for merging some vaguely technical phrases in a way to appear as stupid as humanly possible

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Endie posted:

Well you've managed to make both seem reasonable descriptions. If you don't care then just keep on keeping on, I guess.

if i gave a poo poo, i wouldn't really be me now would i

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Hi EVE thread I'm in surgery preop and I wanted to post that I love you all even Deadtear. Keep on posting!

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

vyst posted:

Hi EVE thread I'm in surgery preop and I wanted to post that I love you all even Deadtear. Keep on posting!

good luck with your desquirreling!

Wyatt Derp
Jul 9, 2014

Blue Lives matter

Endie posted:

It's celebrity death match. Deadtear Vs Despara. The battle of D&D to see who will come out on top.

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings

thank you for merging some vaguely technical phrases in a way to appear as stupid as humanly possible

See, everyone: Deadtear or Deadbot? Who can tell?

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
be honest with me here, did you whisper sweet nothings in darius' ear to make him go full bore retard or was that all tolon

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings

vyst posted:

Yeah, good luck and enjoy the IV morphine!

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Unfunny Poster posted:

Solo pvp is tricky until your brain figures out what to do and how to adjust to it if you're used to fleet vs fleet pvp. I had a blast trying to get footage for my video application for the Amarr Championship. Flew around in Punishers & Tormentors in FW space and surprisingly did well but died to many times before I got used to it.

I'm not retarded when it comes to mechanics, I just suck at multiboxing alts.

E: also good luck vyst with the desquirreling.

orange juche fucked around with this message at 12:13 on May 9, 2016

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

vyst posted:

Good luck Vyst :)

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Aye, best of luck Vyst. That's a loving amazing achievement you made, you should be proud of yourself :)

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

vyst posted:

Please stay safe and well! Good luck!

harlyq
May 9, 2014

The taint is real

vyst posted:

Good luck come out alive.

Also what is desquirling?

WhoNeedsAName
Nov 30, 2013

harlyq posted:

Losing his nuts.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

harlyq posted:

He's losing a lot of loose skin, we were making a reference to a not so nice joke that he looked like a flying squirrel after losing all that weight.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
^^son of a BITCH

harlyq posted:

he was very very fat and lost a very large amount of weight and had enough excess skin as to be a human flying squirrel

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer

harlyq posted:

Vyst signed the Superhero Registration Act and can no longer use his power of flight gliding

edit: on the other hand, he runs marathons now and his shoulders look like he could pick up a truck, so..

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

^^son of a BITCH

he was very very fat and lost a very large amount of weight and had enough excess skin as to be a human flying squirrel

Git gud scrub, I'm posting on a tablet using the awful app, and can still beat you to the :justpost: button.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
everybody gets one

justsharkbait
Dec 20, 2013

HOO HA HA
Grimey Drawer

Unfunny Poster posted:

Solo and small gang pvp continues to be my favorite times in this game. As much as i love the politics, meta, and fleet fights as that is the driving force behind what makes this game so interesting to me--when i actually "play" EVE i solo pvp and roam with a few friends. Its a blast and one of the best experiences you can have actually inside the game, IMO.

justsharkbait fucked around with this message at 13:45 on May 9, 2016

Fureil
Jul 7, 2012
What kind of change would we have to see in the game for the "meta" of sorts to move away from fast shield tanked ships and back to the slow armor brawlers? Every battle report I read is full of shield tanking caldari and minm boats on both sides, variety is the spice of life!

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

make shield lows instead of mids so you have to choose between damage and tank

since you're gonna ask in both threads

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Though it's a lot more complicated than that. Armour ships have a lot of utility for things like cap boosters that shield ships rarely have room for.

Take the Minmatar Recons for example. They are bonused for target painters. TPs are very useful too but you never put them on the Recons because it hurts the shield tank too much. Instead you throw fistfuls of Vigils at the enemy in hopes that some TPs stick.

Fureil
Jul 7, 2012

since you're gonna ask in both threads

Chill thread is slow, this thread is full of bullshit. Seemed like a good plan to me.

justsharkbait
Dec 20, 2013

HOO HA HA
Grimey Drawer
But wouldn't that kill Shield completely in the game?

Fureil
Jul 7, 2012

justsharkbait posted:

But wouldn't that kill Shield completely in the game?

Maybe, maybe not. If lows were for both shield and armor the choice between tank and damage would be more polarized. Shield tankers would still be faster inherintly due to not having a bunch of extra armor added on, but they wouldn't be able to have the best of both worlds. Currently shield tank allows for tank, damage, and speed, but armor tank makes you decide between being tanky, being fast, or fitting damage mods in the lows. What do I know though, only been playing for less than a month.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

vyst posted:

He loves Deadtear. I guess the drugs are working! (Good luck Vyst.)

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Fureil posted:

Maybe, maybe not. If lows were for both shield and armor the choice between tank and damage would be more polarized. Shield tankers would still be faster inherintly due to not having a bunch of extra armor added on, but they wouldn't be able to have the best of both worlds. Currently shield tank allows for tank, damage, and speed, but armor tank makes you decide between being tanky, being fast, or fitting damage mods in the lows. What do I know though, only been playing for less than a month.

The armour tanks have lower sig radius which is a tank in itself (see shield battlecruisers and battleships or lack thereof). On top of that a lot of armour ships are balanced to compensate for the speed penalty.

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

Fureil posted:

What kind of change would we have to see in the game for the "meta" of sorts to move away from fast shield tanked ships and back to the slow armor brawlers? Every battle report I read is full of shield tanking caldari and minm boats on both sides, variety is the spice of life!

Join SV and fly armour confessors if you want something fun and different

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Good luck Vyst!

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Good luck Vyst. That sounds like horrible and invasive surgery, so I hope you have a speedy recovery too.

What should be done with the skin? Tent? Lampshades? Jacket?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
he offered to have a suit made for me i think?

• Locked thread