Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Vince MechMahon posted:

In twenty years NIN better still be around, consisting of all of Trents children.
Hopefully one of Trent's sons will grow up to look exactly like him and play him in a NIN biopic 20 years from now like Ice Cube's kid in Straight Outta Compton.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

Inspector_666 posted:

Was it any good? The posters make it look like a 2 Fast 2 Furious: WITH MORE GUNS type of thing but the trailer is clearly playing at something more serious.

Havent seen any :rice: There's no fancy driving or gunplay at all in this. If you like heist movies, you'll like it.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Atticus' score for the movie was pretty rad, including this highlight which plays during the end credits:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0T9KR6A0mY

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Today is the 22nd anniversary of The Downward Spiral's release :eyepop:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhUhDAHVaug

Rageaholic fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Mar 9, 2016

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
I wish Trent would've had a follow up to his new NIN tweet. What a tease.

Also, TDS has been my all time favorite album for the last couple of decades. It still sounds great!

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

It's surprising how well that album has held up for me! It's still a good CD.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
Wish I had a system to listen to it in 5.1 again.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

probably the only piece of media I was ever truly obsessed with. Still an excellent album.

I've been reading a book about the making of David Bowie's Low recently and it's really interesting read for a number of reasons - I kind of suspect that the way I felt about TDS for many years is similar to the way that Trent felt about Low while he was making TDS, and even though the two albums sound rather different and don't follow the same structure, there are a lot of very similar methods and strategies at work

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Vince MechMahon posted:

In twenty years NIN better still be around, consisting of all of Trents children.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jCk8P_DyFU&t=123s

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

where did they get these dorky kids? I live next to a high school and I can assure you the average normal teen today would not be shocked to hear the word "gently caress" in a song or get all embarrassed and call it a "no no word"

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I wasn't surprised by that one bit a decade ago when I was in high school and a ton of artists I listened to then used the word in their songs :v:

These kids are just lame as poo poo.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Earwicker posted:

where did they get these dorky kids? I live next to a high school and I can assure you the average normal teen today would not be shocked to hear the word "gently caress" in a song or get all embarrassed and call it a "no no word"

Well, there's a difference between seeing boobs on a telly and seeing boobs on a telly when your parents are in the room, if you get where I'm going with this. I'm sure most of them can drop the bomb with the best of them, when they're not on camera.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
While they cone across as lame because the React channel in general is pretty lame, they are obviously playing up their shock for the camera.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Definitely playing it up

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Are you some kind of hypnotist??
Grimey Drawer
So.... who's betting Trent is saving all his Year Zero 2 material for when Trump gets elected?

Capital D.

Molestationary Store
May 21, 2007

Naw man the G stands for Greed and the fact that the person in charge at the time's name started with a G is just a total coincidence! :v:

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

BANME.sh posted:

So.... who's betting Trent is saving all his Year Zero 2 material for when Trump gets elected?

Capital D.

I've heard it should probably be lowercase.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
Reznor gonna be in Twin Peaks

http://pitchfork.com/news/65047-twin-peaks-revival-to-star-trent-reznor-sky-ferreira-eddie-vedder-sharon-van-etten-more/

ohrwurm
Jun 25, 2003

:stare: That's a hell of a cast

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
Personally I can't wait for Trent's soulful rendition of Mares Eat Oats.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

wat

like my first thought is "they can't act" and my second thought is "no one could act in twin peaks"

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Adding another letter to the EGOT.

obeyasia
Sep 21, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I'm interested in finding more info about why there wasn't a video of any kind shot for Last. That always stuck stuck out like a sore thumb in the context of the Broken movie. Has anyone seen or heard interviews where this was addressed?

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

It probably burns Manson's rear end really bad that Trent gets to be on Twin Peaks.

Molestationary Store
May 21, 2007

Trent's one of the main reasons Marilyn has a career in the first place. :colbert:

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
Manson and Twiggy were in Lost Highway

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

Chin up Tiger, There is always next season...
I think this is vaguely NIN related, Big Black Delta finally got his second album out last month and it's great.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

spamman posted:

I think this is vaguely NIN related, Big Black Delta finally got his second album out last month and it's great.

And kinda related to that, Alessandro said "Sonoio it's over, I can't finish the new album"

:negative:

Wild T
Dec 15, 2008

The point I'm trying to make is that the only way to come out on top is to kick the Air Force in the nuts, beart it savagely with a weight and take a dump on it's face.
I'm kinda hoping that Lynch decides to mess with everyone and casts these folks entirely against type. Trent Reznor plays a lumberjack with a speech impediment and a middle school education, Eddie Vedder plays a sanitation worker with a heart of gold, Michael Cera plays the hard nosed, bitter and drunken new FBI agent sent in in Dale's place.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Wild T posted:

I'm kinda hoping that Lynch decides to mess with everyone and casts these folks entirely against type. Trent Reznor plays a lumberjack with a speech impediment and a middle school education, Eddie Vedder plays a sanitation worker with a heart of gold, Michael Cera plays the hard nosed, bitter and drunken new FBI agent sent in in Dale's place.

This just reminded me that Michael Cera is involved. I like him and all, but :psyduck:

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Watch either Magic Magic or Crystal Fairy. Those show that Cera has done range and can play some real scumfucks if he wants.

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

Begin the operations of the gas chambers, gas schools, gas universities, gas libraries, gas museums, gas dance halls, and gas threads, etcetera.
I DEMAND IT

Wild T posted:

Trent Reznor plays a lumberjack with a speech impediment and a middle school education

i've got my axe that chip chop chip chop chip

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

I, Butthole posted:

i've got my axe that chip chop chip chop chip

Capital Tree.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

My whole existence is a lie,
You... you get me closer to pie.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
The sound effect at the beginning of Somewhat Damaged is actually him sawing down a tree

Wild T
Dec 15, 2008

The point I'm trying to make is that the only way to come out on top is to kick the Air Force in the nuts, beart it savagely with a weight and take a dump on it's face.

spookygonk posted:

Capital Tree.

And All That Wood I've Cut

ohrwurm
Jun 25, 2003

Big Man With a Chainsaw

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

The best I can come up with are:

Diane that Feeds or Coop's Back; Haunted.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Annie, hold a little tighter I might just slip away

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
A Warm Cup of Coffee.