Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

Carbon dioxide posted:

I wonder if it's possible for one of the decks to run out, and what happens then.

I don't think that's possible. The actual level is made up of your cards plus whatever the Dealer throws in there, and the your other contribution is the loot cards. Unless you can get more than one loot per encounter, you should never run out of cards. Maybe if you get a tonne of gold and can buy out every shop, but then I think the shops randomly sell you items from your deck but aren't tied to card drawing.

Carbon dioxide posted:

but you also need some luck.

Just you wait.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
Hand of Fate's dealer guy does sound great.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Dark Souls II, NG++

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNobPCakark

I'd been sitting on this for a while after DS3 came out. (Folks interested in seeing that can check out CJacobs's LP, though I should admit that I'm less enthusiastic about it than he is.) But this back end of the Iron Keep is mostly similar to what came before - lava and molten iron, European samurai, ninja turtles, the works. The principal changes were the platforming (necessarily limited) and the Old Iron King himself, who's a fairly popular target for summoning back on NG. I became very familiar with this chap back in the early days of the initial release, getting Sunlight Medals for the Warriors of Sunlight.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Moving up through the face cards now, and the introduction of curses and blessings. Watch as I struggle to hold onto all my gold and finish the level with the average land speed of a koala.

Part Three- Queen of Dust

Playlist

Part One - Jack of Dust
Part Two - Jack of Bones

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Let's Play Legendary 05: Miniwhales And Rainbow Wolves

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.
This is one of those games whose premise intrigued me, but which I never ended up trying. I've been enjoying these little videos so far; keep up the good work! :toot:

Kirenski
Sep 5, 2012

Zenithe posted:

Moving up through the face cards now, and the introduction of curses and blessings. Watch as I struggle to hold onto all my gold and finish the level with the average land speed of a koala.

Playlist

Part One - Jack of Dust
Part Two - Jack of Bones

Been having fun playing this game again, videos look good too.

If you use a controller it'll let you use the bumpers to move between item types. You can use your mouse to click on the gold names in the banner at the top.

Hmm, you could of gone back to the shop to spend your gold to speed you back up and come back with more stuff!

Kirenski fucked around with this message at 14:41 on May 4, 2016

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Yapping Eevee posted:

This is one of those games whose premise intrigued me, but which I never ended up trying. I've been enjoying these little videos so far; keep up the good work! :toot:

Cheers!

Kirenski posted:

Hmm, you could of gone back to the shop to spend your gold to speed you back up and come back with more stuff!

Yeah. I know that boss is pretty easy though and I thought it would be more interesting to do it channelling Eeyore.

Shoeless
Sep 2, 2011

Zenithe posted:

I accidentally deleted this post when trying to copy it and forgot what I put here. Probably was something lame about skeletons.

Sounds like you need to bone up on your post humor.

ChorpSaway
Oct 9, 2012

I took my friends FutureFriend, TheJayOfSpade and Hobotron for a ride through a fairly recent game by one Steven Rob Day that explores a post-commercial Flintstones universe, as Fred chases Barnie over the horizon for his Fruity Pebbles. What would Fred do to Barnie in order to get his cereal back? You might be surprised at the answer!
You can play the game for yourself over at https://stevenrobday.itch.io/fruity-pebbles-the-game! Show your friends!

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
I am back at LPing! That means new Turok updates:

Welcome to the Ancient City! Our first two levels had us just running through the forest shooting people, ogres, bugs, and dinosaurs. The environment is getting switched up a little bit, but the escalation of environments, enemies, and weapons hasn't been huge. Well, I guess we're fighting super tall ancient warriors with magic and humvees, so that's something. Oh, and Turok gets a laser rifle at the end. Still, Turok: Dinosaur Hunter is still presenting itself fairly conservatively.

Oh, and in this level we encounter our first boss: The Longhunter! I presume he's some sort of trashy poaching scumbag. He appears in the comic books as a dude named "Israel Crockett". He resembles his video game counterpart insomuch as that he has large piercings, is blonde, and is an athletic guy.

Oh, and he likes guns and motor vehicles:

(Yes, I believe he is driving through a field of purple marijuana leaves).

Basically, I think he's supposed to just be a manifestation of every douchebag European poacher/hunter stereotype. I haven't read the comics that he appeared in, but from what panels I've seen, he seems like a pretty one-note villain:

(Yes, his hoop earring judge seems to arbitrarily switch ears).

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

ChorpSaway posted:

I took my friends FutureFriend, TheJayOfSpade and Hobotron for a ride through a fairly recent game by one Steven Rob Day that explores a post-commercial Flintstones universe, as Fred chases Barnie over the horizon for his Fruity Pebbles. What would Fred do to Barnie in order to get his cereal back? You might be surprised at the answer!
You can play the game for yourself over at https://stevenrobday.itch.io/fruity-pebbles-the-game! Show your friends!

Wow! That was certainly something!

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
Sorry this one is later than usual. I've been busy.

We get an ending this time, but we don't stop there! Only 2 more after this one.

e: I forgot to render the real episode 11, so looks like you all get an early bonus! :D
--

Episode 11 - A Bit Late
Episode 12 - The End Begins

---
Episode List: Playlist
Episode 1 - The Stranger
Episode 2 - Groundwork
Episode 2.5 - Channelwood Lore
Episode 3 - Ewok Village
Episode 3.5 - Stoneship Lore
Episode 4 - Rough Waters
Episode 5 - Lost at Sea
Episode 6 - Maestro
Episode 6.5 - Selenitic Lore
Episode 7 - Rocket Man
Episode 8 - Rollercoaster
Episode 9 - Get in Gear
Episode 9.5 - My Personal Hell
Episode 9.75 - Mechanical Lore
Episode 10 - Goose Chase
Episode 11 - A Bit Late
Episode 12 - The End Begins

mikeycp fucked around with this message at 05:04 on May 12, 2016

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

I fought the lava, and the lava won.

mikeycp posted:

Sorry this one is later than usual. I've been busy.

We get an ending this time, but we don't stop there! Only 2 more after this one.

Did you skip the episode where you go back for the Channelwood pages? The last I remember, you'd just found the pages from the Mechanical age and each brother still needed one more.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

Nidoking posted:

Did you skip the episode where you go back for the Channelwood pages? The last I remember, you'd just found the pages from the Mechanical age and each brother still needed one more.

Oh poo poo you're right. I have no idea how I missed that. I somehow didn't edit that footage at all. Sorry I'll get right on that and have it up ASAP.

e: Oh. I did edit it. I just forgot to render it for some reason. Whoops. Rendering now!

e2: It's up not! Sorry about that, everyone. :(

mikeycp fucked around with this message at 05:05 on May 12, 2016

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

The Ruins are a bit of downtime between bosses and all the crazy poo poo that starts to happen in later levels.

Also, Cadillacs and Dinosaurs got name dropped, so, uh, take a look at this 90s as all heck cartoon intro: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gr2iQ96em2w

Looking further, though, it looks like it was a whole thing and I never realized that. There's a comic book and a video game as well: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cadillacs_and_Dinosaurs

Toy line, too:

Who knew?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Inspired by Blind Sally's run through Off-World Interceptor Extreme, I've also decided to take a swing a 90s As gently caress game made by Crystal Dynamics:

Solar Eclipse (published as Titan Wars in Europe and Japan) is an aerial combat rail shooter/bullet hell game in the same vein as StarFox and Panzer Dragoon. It was released for Sega Saturn in 1995, and then ported to the original PlayStation in 1996, but only in Europe. So that makes two Sega Saturn games I've LP'd now with out-of-market PlayStation ports. It was marketed in the US and Canada as a quasi-sequel to the Panasonic 3DO game Total Eclipse (hence the name change), despite it not having anything to do with said game AND actively contradicting it in certain places. It also features nearly an hour's worth of live action full motion video sequences staring Babylon 5's Claudia Christian. And unlike the ones in Off-World Interceptor, these ones actually have decent production values and are fairly well acted, so I'd advise actually watching the no-comm versions if you have the time.

In the game, we assume the role of Lt. Jake "Stuntman" Cross, a disgraced former squadron commander recently transferred to the carrier UNS Tomlinson's Alpha Wing flight group, filling the fourth position in Red Team squadron alongside his new wingmates Hopscotch, Hellcat, and squadron leader Pitbull. The Tomlinson has been dispatched to Saturn by EarthGov to investigate a distress call sent from the Lagrange Mining Colony installations on Saturn's 10 largest moons (Janus, Hyperion, Tethys, Enceladus, Phoebe, Dione, Iapetus, Rhea, Mimas, and of course Titan) and rescue any survivors, should anyone still be alive there. As the low man on Alpha's totem pole, with a checkered past to boot, Cross finds himself in hostile territory on his road to redemption. And the only way to go is up.

I am joined in this endeavor by Cirvante, so expect plenty of dumb Ace Combat jokes along the way, because... well... you know. Also, a brief disclaimer: I'm still recovering from my hospital visit last month, so my voice will be a little hoarse in some places and you'll hear me coughing a bit in the background. I'm not editing any of that out because it's a drat casual LP; I'm using it as training wheels before I get back to doing Ace Combat 2.

TABLE OF CONTENTS

nine-gear crow fucked around with this message at 01:54 on May 19, 2016

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
They put McMurdo station on the moons of Saturn???

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/McMurdo_Station

Ben Kasack
Dec 27, 2010
Hey Crow, minor random question: If you can answer this, what emulator are you using for Saturn? The only one I've been able to get working make the audio so choppy it's unbearable to listen to for more than a few minuets and nothing I do seems to fix it, only making it worse, mostly by just simply not playing audio period.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Ben Kasack posted:

Hey Crow, minor random question: If you can answer this, what emulator are you using for Saturn? The only one I've been able to get working make the audio so choppy it's unbearable to listen to for more than a few minuets and nothing I do seems to fix it, only making it worse, mostly by just simply not playing audio period.

Uh, actually that is a direct capture from my physical Sega Saturn using the composite inputs on my Elgato card. I considered using Yabuse, which is really the only Saturn emulator out there, but decided against it. So I'm sorry, I really can't offer any suggestions. :nyoron:

nine-gear crow fucked around with this message at 21:22 on May 13, 2016

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

It is surprisingly worth it to have an actual Saturn on hand. I love mine so much.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Oh, whoa! Check out the Viewing Globe, shorty!
While I do love the Saturn's library, I feel like I would never find any use from an American one.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
Bug and Bug 2.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Blind Sally posted:

Bug and Bug 2.

Besides those.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Blind Sally posted:

Bug and Bug 2.

My Saturn came with the demo of Bug. It was godawful.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
Don't you dare poo poo-talk the greatest platformer of a generation!

Ben Kasack
Dec 27, 2010

nine-gear crow posted:

Uh, actually that is a direct capture from my physical Sega Saturn using the composite inputs on my Elgato card. I considered using Yabuse, which is really the only Saturn emulator out there, but decided against it. So I'm sorry, I really can't offer any suggestions. :nyoron:

Oh wow, nice you have a working one. I still have mine, but I'm missing the video cable so I can't play with it. I don't care what anyone says, I actually liked the Saturn and really want to play some of those games again, so I'll try poking around the net again and see if there is something I haven't tried. Thanks anyway. I will watch this as I never actually played it just to see all of its FMV glory.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Blind Sally posted:

Don't you dare poo poo-talk the greatest platformer of a generation!

Which generation?

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
Which ever generation Bug and Bug 2 were. Work with me, here!

Sally fucked around with this message at 01:23 on May 14, 2016

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

They both look okay, but they're available for the Japanese Saturn as well.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

GamesAreSupernice posted:

While I do love the Saturn's library, I feel like I would never find any use from an American one.

Just pop that Action Replay in and you're good to go, my dude.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Bug owns, I had that game on PC waaaay back in the day and thought it was cool as hell. Except for the jive beatnik spider, that dude was scary and can go gently caress himself

edit: Also I'm glad to see you're back crow! I knew death couldn't wrestle you away from your duty to LP every Ace Combat game! :unsmith:

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

CJacobs posted:

Bug owns, I had that game on PC waaaay back in the day and thought it was cool as hell. Except for the jive beatnik spider, that dude was scary and can go gently caress himself

edit: Also I'm glad to see you're back crow! I knew death couldn't wrestle you away from your duty to LP every Ace Combat game! :unsmith:

we need crow to complete our LP of the third game in a hit PlayStation 3 sci-fi fps trilogy that is basically Shakespeare.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Blind Sally posted:

we need crow to complete our LP of the third game in a hit PlayStation 3 sci-fi fps trilogy that is basically Shakespeare.

But Artix and Fedule already beat us to Lightning Returns...

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Blind Sally posted:

They made a Bug 3?! :eyepop:

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

mikeycp posted:

Just pop that Action Replay in and you're good to go, my dude.

I like you already

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

First of the Lizardmen, and the first real challenge this game has to offer.

Part Four- Jack of Plague

Playlist

Part One - Jack of Dust
Part Two - Jack of Bones

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

GamesAreSupernice posted:

I like you already

Aw, thanks. <3

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Zenithe posted:

First of the Lizardmen, and the first real challenge this game has to offer.

Playlist

Part One - Jack of Dust
Part Two - Jack of Bones

...I did not expect you to win that one. Also I hope the game got saved before that crash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Carbon dioxide posted:

...I did not expect you to win that one. Also I hope the game got saved before that crash.

That was definitely one of the hairier runs. It's a significant spike in difficulty for that one, plus I'd unlocked some nasties from doing some endless runs. As for the crash, it seems like a common one to happen right there at the end, as I've had it happen twice upon successfully completing one, and never at any other stage.

Still can't tell where the ratmen gas effect is while playing, it's way too transparent.