Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Manatee Cannon posted:

that whole last tournament was full of throwbacks to old dragonball stuff tho

how many evil gokus are there in this series now if you include gt and the movies

Like, only this one. There isn't any evil Gokus in GT nor is there any movies where Goku turns evil/is mind-controlled.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
Yeah exactly, we even got the return of Puar transforming in the very latest ep.

The inner 12 year old in me is screaming at the top of his lungs at this. Dragonball Super owns.

Manatee Cannon posted:

trunks would look like an idiot if he went ss3. in fact, everyone looks like an idiot in ss3. tho if cell is gonna show up, the future trunks arc is definitely where it'd have to happen

We already got exactly this in heroes, so we know what he'd look like:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P03XRx5qBF8

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I'm a democat so Goku ensuring that the world keeps its Dog President seemed pretty evil to me.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Covok posted:

Like, only this one. There isn't any evil Gokus in GT nor is there any movies where Goku turns evil/is mind-controlled.

there was at least one evil goku in the movies. the world tree one

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Manatee Cannon posted:

that whole last tournament was full of throwbacks to old dragonball stuff tho

how many evil gokus are there in this series now if you include gt and the movies

Three. Bardock, Turles and now Black Goku.

But who the gently caress cares Future Trunks is back. The best character has finally returned and holy poo poo he looks cool. I'm not surprised he isn't his Xenoverse self considering Toriyama would want to do his own thing, but I am shocked he kept the sword. I guess it's too iconic to remove now even if he didn't use it during most of his anime appearance.

Please let him be useful, Toriyama. I get that his role is to job (that's basically all he did in Z after killing Freeza and Cold) but you don't bring Future Trunks back without a role. It'll be sad if he continues with the sad fate of everyone in Super of being useless so Goku and Vegeta can do everything.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Blaze Dragon posted:

Three. Bardock, Turles and now Black Goku.

Your forgetting Captain Goku from the fight with Ginyu.

Edit: also I'm sure I remember some evil kid Gokus in Dragonball, but its been a while

Rutibex fucked around with this message at 05:55 on May 9, 2016

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:
I'm calling mind controlled Bardock like in Heroes.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

I'm a democat so Goku ensuring that the world keeps its Dog President seemed pretty evil to me.

He's a King though. Dog King of Earth. He's very loyal to his people. He is a good boy.

Here's hoping Trunks gets Super Cyan.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

StrifeHira posted:

He's a King though. Dog King of Earth. He's very loyal to his people. He is a good boy.

Here's hoping Trunks gets Super Cyan.

He already has it and has mastered it, just like Gohan and Goku did with SSJ1. That's why his hair's blue now!!

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

CharlestheHammer posted:

Bringing back future Trunks is insanely disappointing.

Super doing new things is interesting, not wallowing in the past.

Why, exactly, is it a problem to do new interesting stuff with an old character we haven't seen in a long time that we have fond memories of? Aka. entirety of Dragon ball super?

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
I hope Future Trunks has been training like a mofo or else he will show up and feel the weight of the power gap crushing him like Champa on a scale.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

I really hope that the new storyline is just that someone in Trunks time got the dragonballs and was like "I wish Goku was alive, but evil"

it would be stupid, and own

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Manatee Cannon posted:

trunks would look like an idiot if he went ss3. in fact, everyone looks like an idiot in ss3.

Cell wouldn't.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Cell is too perfect for mere mortals like us.

Cautiously optimistic about "Black Goku". I'm sure it's not exactly what it says on the tin, but I kind of want it to be.

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived.

Kelp Plankton posted:

I really hope that the new storyline is just that someone in Trunks time got the dragonballs and was like "I wish Goku was alive, but evil"

it would be stupid, and own
This actually sounds kind of genius. "Make me all powerful? Nah, that'll never work. Give me the dude that trains to beat people no matter how strong they are, except he's on my side."

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

poo poo sorry forgot to spoiler tag that

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

black goku is just goku who has been poesssed by the stand known as anubis.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Black Goku is the Goku that didn't hit his head.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I hope his Snoop Dogg's all his words up, I wanna see him go Super Sizzle Blizzle.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Forums poster black baby goku gets his fan character into dbs

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

happy piccolo day everyone

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Stairmaster posted:

Cell wouldn't.

Cell has Friezas DNA, he would be better off trying for a Golden Form than SSJ3. It seems to give the use god ki (or at least enough power to compete on the same level?). It would only take hima few months training/blowing himself up. Of course he could go the Goku route and double up on power multipliers and become Golden SSJ Blue Kaio-Ken X20.

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time
Why isn't future Trunk's hair purple anymore?

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Trunks is a fuckin dork and I hope he gets his rear end kicked

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

future trunks and kid trunks will perform the fusion dance

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

Covok posted:

I hope Future Trunks has been training like a mofo or else he will show up and feel the weight of the power gap crushing him like Champa on a scale.

He probably had five kids and somehow figured out how to get the God powerup

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Mogomra posted:

Why isn't future Trunk's hair purple anymore?

SSJ blu

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Mordaedil posted:

Why, exactly, is it a problem to do new interesting stuff with an old character we haven't seen in a long time that we have fond memories of? Aka. entirety of Dragon ball super?

There is nothing left with the character, his poo poo is done. Like bringing back Frieza it's just pointless.

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time

CharlestheHammer posted:

There is nothing left with the character, his poo poo is done.

That's a pretty weird thing to say considering any kind of awesome/terrible poo poo could have happened to him when he went back to the future that we don't know about.

CharlestheHammer posted:

Like bringing back Frieza it's just pointless.

This is a fair point, but it barely applies to Future Trunks because he's never been brought back. At least not like Frieza, a million loving times just to get the poo poo beat out of him again.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

CharlestheHammer posted:

There is nothing left with the character, his poo poo is done. Like bringing back Frieza it's just pointless.

But you could say the same thing about Goku and Vegeta and they keep having new adventures. Why can't an old fan favorite do the same?

It looks like he's seen some recent combat in that sketch. I'm dying to know what's going on now. Maybe a Frieza-like entity saw an opportunity to take a mineral rich planet after the Androids were gone and he's been tangling with them?

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY

Enourmo posted:

this is the best way to celebrate

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Mogomra posted:

That's a pretty weird thing to say considering any kind of awesome/terrible poo poo could have happened to him when he went back to the future that we don't know about.

This is a fair point, but it barely applies to Future Trunks because he's never been brought back. At least not like Frieza, a million loving times just to get the poo poo beat out of him again.

Oh they will most defiently shoe horn something with the future because that is his gimmick, but it won't be nearly as interesting and the best part was his interacting with his rear end in a top hat dad which was neatly wrapped up.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Enourmo posted:

Happy Piccolo Day kind sir!

Also of note, they discussed that White hair would be used by an upcoming villain. So Black Goku with White hair? :(

With these kind of news stories I want to go crawl back under a rock and not know what's coming so I can delay disappointment again.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

CharlestheHammer posted:

In the series that keeps showing and using no one but Goku and Vegeta, characters with no room whatsoever for development beyond growing more and more infinitely powerful, you say this?

Also, as must be posted in this date,

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I'm happy Mirai Trunks is coming back because I like to watch him do things, and was never expecting new content. It's got me all excited, making me think other cool things will happen too.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

I generally like when a character who's narrative arc has been completed is brought back so long as the writer has the balls to really go in a new direction with them. I think its a natural thing for people to wonder "And then what happened," when everything about a character is tied up neatly but the series they existed in continues forward. One Piece has done this at least once or twice.

If Future Trunks comes back and does something SUPAH FRESH instead of just retreading old ground, I'll be very happy he did. Its pretty rare in Dragonball for a character to just get completely wrapped up and left behind rather than getting dragged along at the end of a leash made of irrelevancy (Hello Tien and Android 18 :< ), so I think it'll allow for some interesting opportunities.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Blaze Dragon posted:

In the series that keeps showing and using no one but Goku and Vegeta, characters with no room whatsoever for development beyond growing more and more infinitely powerful, you say this?

Also, as must be posted in this date,

That is exactly why I say this yes, you figured it out.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Hey Goonbros - I have acquired a PS4. I have Xenoverse on PC and played the hell out of it, but I've never played any of the other console games. Which - if any - of the Dragonball console games are worth looking into? And if they're older, will they run on a PS4?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I believe it was established last year that today is actually Goku Day.

• Locked thread