Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
Drive is pretty clutch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
I'm slamming the breaks on this bit and putting all of you through the proverbial windshield.

Nerdietalk
Dec 23, 2014

"This family can't get more hosed up" I think before Saeko tries to kill her own sister, Shroud rants about the power of hate, and Wakana gets super loving brainwashed for caring about what happens to her sister and wanting her own life. We always knew Phillip was experimented on but I had no idea the amnesia thing was intentional.

Its pretty rad that Terui totally got his revenge on Isaka. He finally defeated Isaka for non-revenge reasons, which is great thematically. Now he'll get to live all peaceful and stuff. Seeing Isaka get such a metal death would probably help anyone get over their angst.

The gently caress is Foundation X.

A lot of poo poo is happening lately, we're getting into some real endgame shenanigans.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

nerdman42 posted:

Sort-of spoilers for other Rider series:

They set up this great metaplot with Foundation X, get you hooked, and then...

:negative:

Never mention it again.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

nerdman42 posted:

Money for excavating the planetary consciousness that contains the sum of all knowledge and the ability to trigger forced evolution doesn't grow on trees

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
Foundation X could have been hecka neat if they kept on top of it. I kinda expected them to show up again in Gaim, but nope. Thread completely gone.

I guess the business model of "let debtor turn themselves into a demi-god and then pressure that person for money" is actually pretty self-destructive.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

They get breifly mentioned again in OOO and Fourze, I think they were trying to create a Heisei era version of Shocker (even though the organization itself wasn't that important in the Showa era, the Great Leader was) but it didn't end up panning out that well.

John McClane
Nov 14, 2011
They never really committed to it, which made every token appearance even worse.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

deadly_pudding posted:

Foundation X could have been hecka neat if they kept on top of it. I kinda expected them to show up again in Gaim, but nope. Thread completely gone.

I guess the business model of "let debtor turn themselves into a demi-god and then pressure that person for money" is actually pretty self-destructive.

A "Foundation" is mentioned in the Baron Gaiden thing but it's probably just a coincidence from used terms. Though the representative of that one pretty much does what everyone working for F-X seems to do.

Maybe Neo-Shocker bought them out?

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
From what it sounds like, they would've worked if it was included in Gaim and Drive.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
The problem is one of the producers, I don't recall who, is a moron who doesn't think Riders should be connected nor should they be 'super heroes'.

I'm going to have to track down who said that and where, but I remember that being among the reasons why he axed Foundation X being used more. I want to say it was the producer over Fourze or maybe Gaim

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Burkion posted:

nor should they be 'super heroes'.

What... what the gently caress is a Rider supposed to be then :psyduck:

It airs during a block called "Super Hero Time"

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

deadly_pudding posted:

What... what the gently caress is a Rider supposed to be then :psyduck:

It airs during a block called "Super Hero Time"

Remember this is the same production staff that had a producer just out and out say that "Girls can't be strong" for why there wasn't a Kyoryuger Yellow on the main team.

They can say some stupid poo poo

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Hi yes I heard we were complaining about Foundation X again.

Biggest dropped ball ever. They were setting it up so well and then just...nothing! :argh:

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Amazons is getting really good so far, it's a pity we've only got about 5 or so more episodes left to go. But who knows? Maybe we'll get a second season out of this.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
I got caught up with Amazons and one thing is bothering me. In episode 3 I think it was they're talking about their reasons for doing it and how it's all for the money, and they say "just like Jin." To me that meant Jin was once on the extermination team, but when he shows up in episode 4 nobody seems to say anything about him being there, and they don't seem to talk about him being the red Amazon at all in episode 5 either. I mean sure, it could have been some other Jin, but that would make it a really weird choice to use the name of a main character if it's supposed to be a completely different guy.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

Twelve by Pies posted:

I got caught up with Amazons and one thing is bothering me. In episode 3 I think it was they're talking about their reasons for doing it and how it's all for the money, and they say "just like Jin." To me that meant Jin was once on the extermination team, but when he shows up in episode 4 nobody seems to say anything about him being there, and they don't seem to talk about him being the red Amazon at all in episode 5 either. I mean sure, it could have been some other Jin, but that would make it a really weird choice to use the name of a main character if it's supposed to be a completely different guy.

They meant "Jun." It was most likely a typo, U and I are right next to each other on the keyboard.

I'm willing to cut O-T a LOT of slack for this one, considering that Amazons is loving awesome and I love it to pieces.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

Cricken_Nigfops posted:

They meant "Jun." It was most likely a typo, U and I are right next to each other on the keyboard.

I'm willing to cut O-T a LOT of slack for this one, considering that Amazons is loving awesome and I love it to pieces.

i blame the hat trick of obnoxious BGM/lots of shouting during effects-heavy action scenes/a lack of captions for reference

V-Men
Aug 15, 2001

Don't it make your dick bust concrete to be in the same room with two noble, selfless public servants.

deadly_pudding posted:

Was Foundation X even in Wizard?

edit: Maybe it's a long shot, but I really hope the Kamen Rider Chaser movie is about the cop, who Chaser copied, becoming a Kamen Rider after being introduced to Shinnosuke and the special crimes unit.

V-Men fucked around with this message at 12:17 on May 10, 2016

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

https://twitter.com/jyudo_fu/status/726688415878500352

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
did whoever was in that x costume get confused and think he was literally karamatsu, instead of just being voiced by the same guy?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

V-Men posted:

edit: Maybe it's a long shot, but I really hope the Kamen Rider Chaser movie is about the cop, who Chaser copied, becoming a Kamen Rider after being introduced to Shinnosuke and the special crimes unit.

Uh, so a movie about an unrelated guy who just looks the same but never did anything heroic or become best buds with Chase?

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

V-Men posted:

Nope. They last appeared in Fourze.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
OOO through Fourze have taken place in the same vaguely defined universe, but there hasn't been any concrete continuity since then. Drive and Ghost pretend to take place in the same universe, based on the final Drive episode/Movie War Genesis, but it doesn't follow through much.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Killer Queen posted:

OOO through Fourze have taken place in the same vaguely defined universe, but there hasn't been any concrete continuity since then. Drive and Ghost pretend to take place in the same universe, based on the final Drive episode/Movie War Genesis, but it doesn't follow through much.

Wizard is in that same universe.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
It's still a shame we never had the buddy cop Accel x Meteor movie. Think of the possibilities!

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Killer Queen posted:

It's still a shame we never had the buddy cop Accel x Meteor movie. Think of the possibilities!

Good + bad = good? I don't think anything works that way.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Serious Frolicking posted:

Good + bad = good? I don't think anything works that way.

Are you seriously ragging on the awesomeness that is Ryusei and his Bruce Lee ways? :geno:

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Killer Queen posted:

Are you seriously ragging on the awesomeness that is Ryusei and his Bruce Lee ways? :geno:

Yes. :colbert:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Ryusei is just too Accel, right down tor repeating some of his plot points beat-for-beat, but is just more poorly executed.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
I agree that Ryusei's plot arc is a weirdly paced mess, but Ryusei himself is one of the best Riders. His interactions with Cancer were so awesome and he has a badass role in the ending arc. How can you hate on punch everything Bruce Lee Rider? His suit (though not his ugly Meteor Storm suit) is amazing too.

Nerdietalk
Dec 23, 2014

So the answer to the gently caress is Foundation X is "disappointing"

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Killer Queen posted:

OOO through Fourze have taken place in the same vaguely defined universe, but there hasn't been any concrete continuity since then.

It's W through Wizard.

Then things get weird.

LightningKimba
Nov 5, 2010

Unleashing my best...

LUMINARY UPPERCUT!!

Kamen Rider Chaser is a pretty cool movie, though definitely not for kids.

Please hype up the best Driver rider.

V-Men
Aug 15, 2001

Don't it make your dick bust concrete to be in the same room with two noble, selfless public servants.

Serious Frolicking posted:

Uh, so a movie about an unrelated guy who just looks the same but never did anything heroic or become best buds with Chase?

Sure. He comes across footage of Chase fighting as a Kamen Rider and thinks there's an android who has done more to help people than he has. He starts feeling the need to smash justice in monsters' faces through rider kicks and goes to steal a Mach Driver.

The way Chase went out was awesome and heroic and I like the idea that the human he copied decides to follow in those footsteps rather than just have writers resurrect Chase.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

You do realize that the Chaser movie happens during the series, not after, right? And that no one cares about one-shot, end-of-series guy added just to justify Chase's form?

And about said Chaser movie! Man, that was good. Gave me the feels. Give me more Drive forever. It made me laugh, genuinely smile, and just enjoy in general. Chase is so cool. That said, holy poo poo it had no budget whatsoever and it showed really badly. Like, really badly. I didn't even realize the Shift Cars were Shift Cars because of how awful the CGI looked, there were some pretty bad cuts to hide the lack of effects, and the final Super Rhino Execution looked incredibly underwhelming.

It was great to see Terui back, and quite honestly his daddy moment was far creepier than Chase acting normal, but the whole Fuuto part felt horribly disconnected from the main plot. The writers could've done a better job of integrating it, as it is, it did little to no difference. The Medic scenes felt horribly random and unneccesary too.

Minor complaints with how good it was though. Can't wait for Kamen Rider Mach/Heart.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Live posting comments as I watch:

That's sorta spooky to have Proto 00 crucified like that
I feel super bad for the character/actress in the next bed over. Why is she even in the shot?
Chase is super awkward, but adorable because of that and apparently the two police secretary girls macking on him agree
That loving smile
Brain is even creepier than before it seems
Wtf is with this eclipse scene? Who has that much fun watching an eclipse?
That is wildly nsfw and lewd Angel. Please do not tempt pure Chase like that
Krim, what are you doing? Why are you drinking milk? You're a belt. You don't even have a mouth
How many times did they film that spit take? Wow.
gently caress. I haven't seen W yet and apparently this is a cameo. poo poo.
It's a bit creepy how much Chase wants to be accepted by these siblings.
I'm probably misremembering, but Angel's Roidmude form looks a bit like Medic's
Speaking of Medic, that karaoke scene :3:
Thank god they stopped that shot when they did. I was getting dizzy. Not a bad single take shot fwiw, but still.
Full cameo with suit too, neat!
The spike rings remind me that there's a similar one used in Ghost with Sanzo. Can't tell if they're the same though
Shirtless Heart
Total times Chase has gone shirtless: 3
Minor gaffe - Chase's shirt and jacket disappears when the fight begins. Hiroshi still standing there though.
I think I could watch a romantic comedy with Heart, Medic and Brain and it would be amazing
...and we're back to status quo

Regarding the cameo, it looks like Shinousuke's actor actually requested it
Source: http://ukiyaseed.weebly.com/ukiyaseeds-other-blog/drive-saga-kamen-rider-chaser-how-accel-got-into-the-movie

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Someone on /m/ did this already and I forgot about it

Also, Gaim Gaiden 2 was subbed apparently, but by TVN. Is the translation good?

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

Xelkelvos posted:

subbed ... by TVN. Is the translation good?

Gonna go with no.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

V-Men
Aug 15, 2001

Blaze Dragon posted:

You do realize that the Chaser movie happens during the series, not after, right?

Nope. Haven't had the chance to watch it yet.

• Locked thread