Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

E: Also, it looks like Dio can hijack the Stand powers of others, as seen with Dio's use of Joseph's Hermit Purple spirit photo powers.

that's just jonathan's stand. jonathan's body's stand i mean

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Red Hot Chilli Pepper isn't a Red Hot Chilli Pepper. It's a Pachycephalosaurus human hybrid with a big donger.

I don't know what anime you're watching but that stand did not have Red Hot nor a donger.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Red Hot Donger

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Holy poo poo RHCP has insane stats

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
The best Jojo character is Hirohiko Araki.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Augus posted:

I don't get it.

I couldn't remember Kakyoin's name originally when I first learned about him and everyone thought it was hilarious.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Remember that Japanese names are Surname Firstname, so refer to him by his full name: Kakyoin Sucks.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

Remember that Japanese names are Surname Firstname, so refer to him by his full name: Kakyoin Sucks.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Still better than Avdol.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
Ugh, it looks like Part 3 is indeed censored on Crunchyroll. :( There's an obvious shadow covering Tower of Gray's user's mouth when he's talking in the pilot's room.

E: Haha, looks like someone gave me a new avatar. I was really confused at first, but I'll take it!

I think I'll change the username too at some point to fit the avatar. Maybe something like Noryunkle Koinku I dunno.

Teriyaki Koinku fucked around with this message at 18:48 on May 9, 2016

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

Ugh, it looks like Part 3 is indeed censored on Crunchyroll. :( There's an obvious shadow covering Tower of Gray's user's mouth when he's talking in the pilot's room.

E: Haha, looks like someone gave me a new avatar. I'll take it!

Yeah, Part 3's censorship gets a little annoying at times; it's also how I learned how young Jotaro is supposed to be (I originally started late in the series and didn't know he was supposed to be a high schooler, and they censor him smoking because he's too young to smoke in Japan)

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The Blu-Rays of Part 3 aren't that well "un"censored anyway. (They obviously apply the censor to finished art so read: the original art is still pretty badly censored)

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

That said, here's Tower of Grey pulling his lady slaying party trick.

Charlie Bobson
Dec 28, 2013
How do people hate any of the crusaders

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
Polnareff and Silver Chariot look pretty awesome so far.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Charlie Bobson posted:

Would non stand users be able to see his gun or would he look like a huge dork pointing finger guns

Edit: Well, I was way too late on that one.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

Walk Like An Egyptian? Really? Seriously?

Wow... That's... Really corny. :raise:

Awww, really? I love it!!

It took me longer to place it than it should have given how many times I've heard that song but it was wonderful.

and yeah I don't know how anyone can dislike any of the crusaders.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Polnareff is my least favorite and even he is still good.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Okuyasu Nijimura posted:

Awww, really? I love it!!

It took me longer to place it than it should have given how many times I've heard that song but it was wonderful.

and yeah I don't know how anyone can dislike any of the crusaders.

I don't dislike any of them, for the record, I just think Avdol is the worst of the bunch. He's still a cool guy.

Walk Like an Egyptian is a lot of fun and all, but I'm one of those guys that think Roundabout should always be the ED, now and forever. The song is just great by itself, the lead-ins to "To Be Continued" were all amazing, and all the movements the song has lets it express a wide variety of moods.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

That said, here's Tower of Grey pulling his lady slaying party trick.

hahaha they censored THAT?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It's mutilation, so it will have been.

Some things like the Dog in Death 13 are still censored completely.

Roundabout is better off retired. Too much of a good thing.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

Walk Like An Egyptian? Really? Seriously?

Fun fact: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure began its run on December 2, 1986. The number one song in the US at the time was... Walk Like An Egyptian.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

W.T. Fits posted:

Fun fact: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure began its run on December 2, 1986. The number one song in the US at the time was... Walk Like An Egyptian.

:eyepop:

Oh poo poo, that's kind of cool actually. I still think it's corny and cliche to use it with an adventure in Egypt, though.

I also think Avdol is Cool and Good, so take that as you will.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqioAAFt7_I

This is for all the Brazilians in the audience, though it's worth clicking anyway.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqioAAFt7_I

This is for all the Brazilians in the audience, though it's worth clicking anyway.

Hah, my brother shared that with me. I'm petitioning Araki to make part 9 happen in Brazil because nothing's as bizarre as this stupid country.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Charlie Bobson posted:

How do people hate any of the crusaders

Aurian is a garbage human being

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Yep

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
LOL Joseph can't handle how things are done in Japan or Hong Kong and he's grossed out by tentacles and likes to make stupid puns, Joseph still number one MVP.

E: Dio has two right hands? That's weird, when did that happen?

E2: That's a hell of a pose, Polnareff.

Teriyaki Koinku fucked around with this message at 20:44 on May 9, 2016

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
I don't hate any of the crusaders, mostly I just kind of resent the fact that Kakyoin, Joseph, and Avdol combined BARELY have more fights than Polnareff by himself.

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

hoobajoo posted:

I don't dislike any of them, for the record, I just think Avdol is the worst of the bunch. He's still a cool guy.

Walk Like an Egyptian is a lot of fun and all, but I'm one of those guys that think Roundabout should always be the ED, now and forever. The song is just great by itself, the lead-ins to "To Be Continued" were all amazing, and all the movements the song has lets it express a wide variety of moods.

I agree with both parts of this post perfectly. Did you pull my Jojo thoughts out of my head?

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

Oh poo poo, that's kind of cool actually. I still think it's corny and cliche to use it with an adventure in Egypt, though.

that's why it's perfect for Jojo's

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Walk Like An Egyptian is used for like 2 of the 26 episodes where they're in Egypt, funnily enough.

Charlie Bobson
Dec 28, 2013
Controversial opinion

Jotaro is better than joseph

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
Lol, there's a shadow covering Jotaro's face but you can still hear the lighter and see the flame.

This is some really lazy censorship, even 4Kids does a better job than this. :cmon:

E: Hahaha, Jotaro's cigarette trick to flush out the Stand user was pretty clever. Favorability levels rising...

Teriyaki Koinku fucked around with this message at 21:08 on May 9, 2016

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Charlie Bobson posted:

Controversial opinion

Jotaro is better than joseph

Which Jotaro and Joseph.

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

This is some really lazy censorship, even 4Kids does a better job than this. :cmon:

That's the point. It's the bare minimum and gets the point across well despite it.

http://s1.webmshare.com/PqENg.webm

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

That's the point. It's the bare minimum and gets the point across well despite it.

http://s1.webmshare.com/PqENg.webm

But what's the point then? The point of censorship is to keep kids or whomever from knowing the original context. Why even bother with slipshod editing if people know what's happening anyways?

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Underage smoking is illegal to depict in Japan and kids aren't watching anyway, so it's the bare minimum to get as much across as possible.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

But what's the point then? The point of censorship is to keep kids or whomever from knowing the original context. Why even bother with slipshod editing if people know what's happening anyways?

That's technically the point but it kind of misses it too. JoJo broadcasts at 00:30, no kids are going to be watching JoJo when it's on TV.

So the censorship is done in a manner that is ideally as unobtrusive as possible while still getting the pass from the censor board.

It's a legal thing aimed at shows what kids might actually see live, but they can't just give certain shows waivers.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Compare it to that Pillar Man called Aisidisi instead of AC/DC, just a bare minimum change to avoid laws and poo poo but we all know right away what's actually going on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

alcharagia posted:

Underage smoking is illegal to depict in Japan and kids aren't watching anyway, so it's the bare minimum to get as much across as possible.

So it's illegal to show on TV regardless of context? So they wouldn't be able to, say, be able to broadcast a documentary on underage smoking in Japan on TV? I'm curious.

It just seems kind of bizarre to me, but maybe it's because I'm coming from an American perspective on censorship laws versus how things are done in Japan. It seems like as long as you tick off the checklist for censorship in Japan you can still show whatever.

Sorry if this is a weird analogy, but it'd be like taking the "no dicks on TV" rule here and just Photoshopping a loincloth or tight pants on a full frontal nude but everyone can tell the dick is still there to see.

Teriyaki Koinku fucked around with this message at 21:19 on May 9, 2016

• Locked thread