Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
It'd be super broken if it did that

I'm still amused by how stupid that Sona and Ezreal were and the Thresh yelling at me to tell you to stop throwing. Also that Graves at the end there was nuts. The sustain that character has is just gross.

Servaetes fucked around with this message at 17:32 on May 9, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
How's AP Dunk Nunu now that revolver fills the space before Skitchinbane? It's always been funny to poo poo all over gimmicky buttonmash heroes in top lane or yungle with snowballs and munchies.

(Though free wards/sweepers has slightly gimped bush ults)

Gibberish
Sep 17, 2002

by R. Guyovich
Zyra support is straight loving broken

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Gibberish posted:

Also Fiddles jungle is gross right now.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Gibberish posted:

I played against it last night and I did not have fun.

Gibberish
Sep 17, 2002

by R. Guyovich
She doesn't even need to level her E, she gets so many free plants it doesn't matter, and her mana costs are low enough that you never run out of mana and if they ever attempt to move up into the lane to harass or farm, you just spawn 4 ranged plants on their dumb asses

Freelo baby wooo

You also can give god-tier jungle leashes for free

Take advantage of it before it's nerfed

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I'm boosting my smurf out of bronze and oh my god I forgot what it was like to play in low elo. Get my ADC 7 kills in 10 minutes because of a bad invade and a lovely jungler gank so I go to snowball other lanes and less than 4 minutes after I've left he's 30 CS down and has died three times as Ezreal.

Bronze is amazing.

Gibberish
Sep 17, 2002

by R. Guyovich
At that elo, you're probably best to just not support at all and just take all the kills

Come on you bozo

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Gibberish posted:

At that elo, you're probably best to just not support at all and just take all the kills

Come on you bozo
I did more damage from Sunfire cape that game than Ezreal did with all his items :v:

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
ELO/MMR in solo queue will always be a representation of how well you can carry/offset dead weight, rather than an actual measure of skill.

What I'm saying is, duo queue or always assume your bot laner will have the effectiveness of AD Carry Fiddlesticks and Bard.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
My rule of thumb is to pick panth 'support' bot until gold

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

NTT posted:

My rule of thumb is to pick panth 'support' bot until gold

Pantheon Support absolutely puts the screws to the kind of retarded miscalculated aggression you get in games at that Elo. I'm not sure if there's a stronger pre-6 kill pressure champion. I've definitely seen many people feed that early and the only way to recover is to play the super long game with tons of vision and hopefully pick him or someone else doing something stupid at like 40 minutes -- which again, you aren't going to get good vision coverage at that Elo so it'll be a clown car of 1vXs until the game is probably over.

KicksYouInHalf
Aug 6, 2007

National tragedy.
Mid Annie feels pretty good. Support Annie still feels bad.

blah_blah
Apr 15, 2006

Libertine posted:

I'm not sure who everyone is but I think the item is better now as a first item core on fast attacking hybrid marksman like Kog'Maw and Tristana. It's better as a rush item that can be an endgame core item. It's definitely not as good for melee hybrid dudes who built it like Jax or Xin or maybe Kayle (not sure).

It's fine on Jax and Kog and Kayle though not amazing. Definitely not good on Tristana. And there's a special place in hell for Vayne players that build it.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Libertine posted:

I'm not sure if there's a stronger pre-6 kill pressure champion.

sona

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Higher poke out of lane pressure, low kill pressure

Annie has the highest kill pressure, Blitz and Leona not far behind

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

No kill pressure because people forget how much damage she does and people just hang around her with low health...

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

kingcobweb posted:

Higher poke out of lane pressure, low kill pressure

Annie has the highest kill pressure, Blitz and Leona not far behind

Have you met Nautilus

KicksYouInHalf
Aug 6, 2007

National tragedy.
I would rather have a thunderlords thresh than Annie.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Bholder posted:

No kill pressure because people forget how much damage she does and people just hang around her with low health...

exactly. people don't leave lane at the right time in bronze. people dont leave lane at the right time in high plat either but at least in the latter case they (usually) have the reflexes to flash/heal if they see a killing blow incoming. bronze players will gladly stand around and get murdered

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

KicksYouInHalf posted:

I would rather have a thunderlords thresh than Annie.

I thought we were talking about supports, not a Freak With A Leash

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
lyte just resigned >:)

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Lovechop posted:

wow he's really taking the threat of MonteCristo coming after Riot seriously

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I heard lyte permabanned a 15 year old girl

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Lovechop posted:

:greencube:

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Does this mean solo queue is coming

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Is Lyte the reason I wont be able to get any craft rewards for 1-2 months after an automated chat restrict

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all

Lovechop posted:

did you know 100% of the posts responding to this are gonna be bad posts*

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Voxx posted:

did you know 100% of the posts responding to this are gonna be bad posts*

they call me the summoner

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

Lovechop posted:

What was his position, again? Community manager or something to that effect?

Wait, was he the guy who justified no no-cooldown practice mode because it would lead to people expecting their teammates to be good?

Junji Eat More
Oct 22, 2005

You don't know it, but you are full of stahs
I don't really get the hate he got. Taking a data-driven approach to behavior and using automatic detection algorithms that automatically account for most outlier cases seemed like a logical way to handle things. Lord knows we needed something better than the glacial pace of the Tribunal.

While there are certainly still assholes, I think the ultra-extreme nonstop profanity style has dropped off the radar entirely. Their approach completely makes sense if you view it as Riot trying to grow the market share of their game by getting people who aren't OK with being called faggots because they gave up first blood.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

The Lord of Hats posted:

What was his position, again? Community manager or something to that effect?

Wait, was he the guy who justified no no-cooldown practice mode because it would lead to people expecting their teammates to be good?
Player psychologist, he was in charge of all rewards and punishments for behavior as well as dynamic queue

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all

Lovechop posted:

they call me the summoner

im sorry you lost your spot in the lore, you were my fav character next to istvaan and alowicious chucat

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

Establish the Buns

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:
Was this the guy that said adding in-game voice chat would "increase player toxicity by 127%?"

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

RealFoxy posted:

Player psychologist, he was in charge of all rewards and punishments for behavior as well as dynamic queue

Maybe it worked better on the large-scale, but personally getting restricted for being annoyed at intentional trolls (no expletives, no impact on team play) or having to write a pre-determined apology for leaving a game (because the patcher didn't detect missing/corrupted files until after I loaded a match with no models) just made me more frustrated. Losing free skins for 60 days because of an automated decision just makes me want to play other MOBA's.

Like, it's okay to be annoyed sometimes in games; not everyone is an esports player who needs to pretend to be happy in service of Winning The Videogame. It's okay to talk things out and have disagreements.

Neurolimal fucked around with this message at 22:57 on May 9, 2016

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

The Lord of Hats posted:

Neither Lyte nor any member of his team ever said anything like that. That was purely a statement by a random Riot PR guy, I doubt he had anything to do with sandbox or the lack thereof.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

He's the scapegoat guy for every decision Riot made that the players didn't like, since they forgot about that ex Blizzard guy, who will be the new scapegoat again

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

ThePeavstenator posted:

Was this the guy that said adding in-game voice chat would "increase player toxicity by 127%?"

you see what people do to team chat in this game and you want voice chat too? lmfao

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Neurolimal posted:

Maybe it worked better on the large-scale, but personally getting restricted for being annoyed at intentional trolls (no expletives, no impact on team play) or having to write a pre-determined apology for leaving a game (because the patcher didn't detect missing/corrupted files until after I loaded a match with no models) just made me more frustrated. Losing free skins for 60 days because of an automated decision just makes me want to play other MOBA's.

Like, it's okay to be annoyed sometimes in games; not everyone is an esports player who needs to pretend to be happy in service of Winning The Videogame. It's okay to talk things out and have disagreements.
I've been playing since Season 1, have four level 30 accounts and I've never been chat restricted or LeaverBustered.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

RealFoxy posted:

I've been playing since Season 1, have four level 30 accounts and I've never been chat restricted or LeaverBustered.

cool

• Locked thread