Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
^ those things are so cool (it's a Toyota Chaser right?)...totally reminds me of playing Tokyo Xtreme Racer on the PS2 for hours on end back in the day because it was like the Diablo of JDM racing games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Man, I wish we got those here.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
That is the best Camry.

MasonF
Aug 22, 2005

these bitches r kicking me?wow wook wookfuk u

Bought another one. 1987 with a JDM supercharged 4A-GZE and a few other mods. I think I have an MR2 addiction.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

I've still never driven one. :'(

fingerling
Mar 7, 2010
God Supras are like my dream car, just wish they weren't so pricey :(

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

fingerling posted:

God Supras are like my dream car, just wish they weren't so pricey :(

Ha ha what do you mean it's a japanese car they made a ton of surely they can't cost that mu-:stare:

Dang It Bhabhi! fucked around with this message at 18:17 on May 6, 2016

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

They don't look all that expensive.

http://www.tradecarview.com/used_car/toyota/all/

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Pulled the M's out for the season. Photo bomb from the Ford, I think it's jealous.

drukqs
Oct 15, 2010

wank wank you're a pro vaper I'm not wooptiedoo...

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

I'm not sure if :thejoke: but searching ebay for supra turbos was very enlightening and horrifying.

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

My rebuilt old Jeep out on some awful worthless abandoned mining roads. This was the only flat spot for a mile:

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

NitroSpazzz posted:

Pulled the M's out for the season. Photo bomb from the Ford, I think it's jealous.

God, I lust for your cars.

fingerling
Mar 7, 2010
Not quite as AI as Adiabatic's garage, but I'm pretty content with my stable right now;

(I promise not to take any more photos of my Chaser in the shed)

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

Nice plate, nice car :hfive:

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

fingerling posted:

Not quite as AI as Adiabatic's garage, but I'm pretty content with my stable right now;

(I promise not to take any more photos of my Chaser in the shed)

Nice DR supermoto :D

Fleet postin' :

streetlamp
May 7, 2007

Danny likes his party hat
He does not like his banana hat
oh ya i have been meaning to post, I got an 85 omni GLH with 68k miles and is absolutely the best condition GLH I have personally seen. I love 80s turbo dodge poo poo and one in this condition is like an attainable dream car for me

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Jesus CHRIST.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
My neighborhood has cars that are ten years old and don't look that nice.

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard
Picked up this dumb thing today. 98 XLT with 86k miles. Off road package, super clean.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

clutchpuck posted:

Picked up this dumb thing today. 98 XLT with 86k miles. Off road package, super clean.

For the love of god, don't run into anything :ohdear:

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Powershift posted:

For the love of god, don't run into anything :ohdear:

This is honestly what I think whenever I see this generation of F150

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard
I don't get it but I don't make a habit of running into things.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

clutchpuck posted:

There were some.... "structural sacrifices" made in the early 4 door extended cabs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ix-JjIRWOBU

My first truck was an 00, and i ran that thing into everything. Luckily just a regular cab so it didn't fold up like a taco. Still love those things though.

edit: there are also an alarmingly large amount of those trucks out there that haven't gotten the brake fluid igniter removed either, so make sure it had the cruise control switch recall done.

Powershift fucked around with this message at 07:29 on May 8, 2016

G-Mach
Feb 6, 2011

streetlamp posted:

oh ya i have been meaning to post, I got an 85 omni GLH with 68k miles and is absolutely the best condition GLH I have personally seen. I love 80s turbo dodge poo poo and one in this condition is like an attainable dream car for me

It's beautiful.

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich

clutchpuck posted:

https://youtu.be/6Wb66PzljP8

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard

Powershift posted:

There were some.... "structural sacrifices"

edit: there are also an alarmingly large amount of those trucks out there that haven't gotten the brake fluid igniter removed either, so make sure it had the cruise control switch recall done.

Seemed obvious when I opened the third door. "Yeah like Ford reinforced anything else to account for this". I'm well acquainted with the brand.

Recall advice good to know. Is there a site you can look up recall info by vin or something?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

clutchpuck posted:

Seemed obvious when I opened the third door. "Yeah like Ford reinforced anything else to account for this". I'm well acquainted with the brand.

Recall advice good to know. Is there a site you can look up recall info by vin or something?

None that i know of to tell if it's done, but every ford from ~93 to 2004 with cruise control has the faulty switch. the 97-98s weren't recalled until 2005, well after they were out of warranty and in the hands of 2nd and 3rd owners by then, so may never have gotten notices or been back to a dealer.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

streetlamp posted:

Wow that thing looks clean, please post way more photos. You have excellent taste

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

streetlamp posted:

That is AWESOME.

Does anyone remember the show Sports Car Revolution? Aired on the SPEED channel about 10-15 years ago. Kazzer (the rocker) was one of the hosts, and there was an episode where he reviewed the GLH and GLH-S. I still remember that review and how much high praise he had for those cars.

MasonF
Aug 22, 2005

these bitches r kicking me?wow wook wookfuk u

streetlamp posted:

Awesome! I've only seen one of those here in California. They're fuckin' rad. Are you going to mod it or keep it the way Shelby made it?

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

streetlamp posted:

Goddamn that's gorgeous.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!

Powershift posted:

None that i know of to tell if it's done, but every ford from ~93 to 2004 with cruise control has the faulty switch.

Super easy to tell. If the cruise harness is plugged directly into the front of the master cylinder it's not been done. The recall was to put in a pigtail plug-through harness with a fuse (and huge tag saying what it was) on the master cylinder switch and plug the factory harness connector into the other side of that.

Doesn't fix the problem that brake fluid ends up pushing through the switch, but it does keep said fluid from igniting. Probably.

streetlamp
May 7, 2007

Danny likes his party hat
He does not like his banana hat

NitroSpazzz posted:

Wow that thing looks clean, please post way more photos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdHOkVjfcIE

ignore my dumb face btw

mmm so chrysler

MasonF posted:

Are you going to mod it or keep it the way Shelby made it?

Well it's only a GLH not GLHS so Shelby isn't really involved yet (i dont think?) but it has some S stuff and I plan to add more but nothing crazy just some standard upgrades for the year.
Currently has
- wheels are Shelby Centurian 2's from 1987 Shelby CSX
- Rack and Pinion from a Shelby GLHS

Probably will do the TI -> TII thing
http://fwdmopar.50megs.com/T2conv.html
Maybe swap out the not great transmission for something a little better

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

dat fake plastic stitching...

Why was that ever a thing? I drove a friend's 1985 Nissan Bluebird and it had it in a beige interior, my 88 Supra has it... :v:

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
Makes the dash look like it's made of the finest Corinthian leather

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Is car marriage legal in your state? You two look made for each other.

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3

El Scotch posted:

Is car marriage legal in your state? You two look made for each other.

Really? That car is over 30 years old...

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

TheFonz posted:

Really? That car is over 30 years old...

It's not a Cougar, it'll be fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3

Seat Safety Switch posted:

It's not a Cougar, it'll be fine.

I just meant with that 'stache, Streetlamp is hitting for a whole nother demographic...