Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110
Blightning for both, some nerdy elf runs outta some trees and you're like "ok I'll be fine" and then a skull with cool shades zaps the gently caress outta you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
In yet another edition of "GP Prize Support is a Joke" 65 people missed out of cashing GPNY on tiebreakers.

Gareth Gobulcoque
Jan 10, 2008

Utility: Circle of Protections

Art: Dandân.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

ButtWolf posted:

Since im starting over, im doing only decks with Shadows right now, so anything i put in will be std for awhile.

New poll: Favorite card - one pick for its utility, one for its art/flavor.

I think i go with Lightning Bolt and Tamiyo, Moon Sage. Or Vexing Devil. So crisp.

Fiery Temper (middle school me loved his mono-red Madness deck)

and

Door to Nothingness :getin:

Lawnie
Sep 6, 2006

That is my helmet
Give it back
you are a lion
It doesn't even fit
Grimey Drawer
Utility: master of etherium, the first card I ever built a decent kitchen table deck with.

Flavor: Uktabi Orangutangs. Self-evident.

keeblerdrow
May 4, 2004
Still not king, damnit.
I've only been playing for a few years so my scope is limited.

I love Mastery of the Unseen for utility. This will probably earn me enemies.

My flavor pick is Rescue from the Underworld. It tells the entire story in the card name and the mechanic. It doesn't even need to reference specifics and it self-contained. For something that's part of the larger story and connected to Official Magic Story Fiction™, I like the Kytheon, Hero of Akros. It tells his specific story in the mechanics and the art makes him look like a little poo poo who might get all his friends killed and survive like that.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Oh wait I take it back, the greatest deck in MTG history is the equipoise/taniwha deck

Molybdenum
Jun 25, 2007
Melting Point ~2622C
Utility: shadow of doubt

Art/flavor: shadow of doubt

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Utility: Brainstorm

Flavor/Art: Goblin Offensive or Deep Analysis

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

AgentSythe posted:

Utility: Brainstorm

Flavor/Art: Goblin Offensive or Deep Analysis

Didn't know it got a duel deck alt art till now

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Awful. Torment or bust.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Some Numbers posted:

Awful. Torment or bust.

quoting this, as I am down

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
The best card ever printed is Stifle and it's not even remotely close.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Pemmin needs a card already

MiddleEastBeast
Jan 19, 2003

Forum Bully

mcmagic posted:

The best card ever printed is Stifle and it's not even remotely close.

its actually Heartless Summoning...

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
It's doomsday, with cruel ultimatum behind it

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

It's fireblast :smugbert:

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
IT'S LIGHTNING HELIX

just kidding it's yawgmoth's will.

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify
So many wrong opinions. It's clearly lightning bolt. Just look at a beta one. And then cast it.

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify
dying forum caused me to double post

oh i guess i can provide slight content: i've posted two cubes worth of decks over in the cube thread if anyone wants to check it

Shabadu
Jul 18, 2003

rain dance

I'm a sucker for Hidetsugu's Second Rite in every aspect.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005
Favorite Card : Primeval Titan

literally all my favorite magic decks involve resolving primeval titan - turbolands, valakut, legacy 12-post.

Favorite Flavor : Uktabi Orangutan

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007
Favorite card: isochron scepter.

Favorite flavor/art: descendant's path/enlarge

First one's my playmat, second one's a print.

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

Utility: lightning bolt
Flavor: M10 lightning bolt

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Sigma-X posted:

Favorite Card : Primeval Titan

literally all my favorite magic decks involve resolving primeval titan - turbolands, valakut, legacy 12-post.

How can you mention Prime Time without mentioning the ultimate Primeval Titan deck, Amulet Bloom?

Rip Amulet Bloom :(

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

Elyv posted:

How can you mention Prime Time without mentioning the ultimate Primeval Titan deck, Amulet Bloom?

Rip Amulet Bloom :(

Because I never played that one.

Also I should have sold my foil amulet :|

Here's MaRo talking about mistakes in magic development, and then completely missing the ball IMHO in why BFZ sucks:
http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/making-magic/because-salt-makes-mistakes-taste-great-2016-05-09

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

Establish the Buns

ButtWolf posted:

Since im starting over, im doing only decks with Shadows right now, so anything i put in will be std for awhile.

New poll: Favorite card - one pick for its utility, one for its art/flavor.

I think i go with Lightning Bolt and Tamiyo, Moon Sage. Or Vexing Devil. So crisp.

CoCo for both, I've actually got a print hanging on my wall of the art that my brother gave me too.

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

Establish the Buns

Sigma-X posted:

Because I never played that one.

Also I should have sold my foil amulet :|

Here's MaRo talking about mistakes in magic development, and then completely missing the ball IMHO in why BFZ sucks:
http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/making-magic/because-salt-makes-mistakes-taste-great-2016-05-09

Yeah people definitely hated casting giant creatures, thanks MaRo.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005
I don't know how they could look at Allies, Spell Lands, Landfall, Giant Monsters, Leveling Up and take away that the core focus should be "counts as colorless" and armies of 2/3s bouncing off each other forever.

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

Establish the Buns

<> changes are confusing to hell to new/casual players and add nothing to the game in terms of deckbuilding or decision-making
devoid is confusing as hell to new/casual players and adds complication to the game with no ramifications on decision-making
4 playable draft archetypes that all want the same cards and do similar things
Sealed comes down to who opened Gideon/The Biggest Eldrazis

The problem was casting a 10/8 for 8.

Jenx
Oct 17, 2012

Behold the Bull of Heaven!
Utility: Lightning Bolt. I just love casting this card every single time.

Flavour: Hard to chose, but I'd go with Anarchy, not because of the card itself, but because it has one of my all-time favourite flavour texts.

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

Establish the Buns

Is MaRo basically the George Lucas of Magic? Great at focus testing and finding ways to put marketing in the game-play but doesn't understand why people like/dislike sets and mechanics?

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

ThePeavstenator posted:

Is MaRo basically the George Lucas of Magic? Great at focus testing and finding ways to put marketing in the game-play but doesn't understand why people like/dislike sets and mechanics?

that seems like a good comparison

i hope disney buys out magic

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

ThePeavstenator posted:

CoCo for both, I've actually got a print hanging on my wall of the art that my brother gave me too.

Don't call it that. Ugh.

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

mcmagic posted:

Don't call it that. Ugh.

Why, it's a perfectly fun name that isn't anywhere near as dumb as Goblin Dank-Memers.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

ShaneB posted:

Why, it's a perfectly fun name that isn't anywhere near as dumb as Goblin Dank-Memers.

It's SO much worse.

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

mcmagic posted:

It's SO much worse.

Man and here I thought your other opinions were bad

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Bofa dese CoCo, McMagic. Suck it!!!

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

Establish the Buns

I didn't know "CoCo" annoyed people.

From now on when I cast it I'll call it "Coo-Coo CoCo" and then when it resolves say "gonna find some puffs" or something equally insufferable to put all my opponents on maximum tilt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Boldwyr Intimidator has the best flavor IMO.

• Locked thread