Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

attn @vita_thread_txt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Colin Powell best girl

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

For Blood, Comic Mischief, Mature Humor, Nudity, Strong Language, Suggestive Themes, Use of Alcohol, and Intense Violence.

Online Interactions Not Rated.

Saint Freak posted:

It's actually super weird that there used to be desert storm trading cards now that I typed that out.
Holy crap, dude, I wish I had Desert Storm cards. Also, I want SK cards. :v:

I visited my parents this weekend for Mother's Day and helped them clear a bunch of stuff out of the attic. I apparently still had a box up there—full of old baseball, basketball, and DC trading cards. Looking forward to going through those for the nostalgia trip.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

MisterAlex posted:

Holy crap, dude, I wish I had Desert Storm cards.
Have you got $3.50?

http://m.ebay.com/itm/141979920082

They printed up roughly a gazillion of them so they're worth approximately jack poo poo.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Holy poo poo, I remember these :eyepop: :corsair:

ddogflex
Sep 19, 2004

blahblahblah

CrashCat posted:

Have you got $3.50?

http://m.ebay.com/itm/141979920082

They printed up roughly a gazillion of them so they're worth approximately jack poo poo.

Thanks for wasting $10.50 of my hard earned cash.

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

For Blood, Comic Mischief, Mature Humor, Nudity, Strong Language, Suggestive Themes, Use of Alcohol, and Intense Violence.

Online Interactions Not Rated.

ddogflex posted:

Thanks for wasting $10.50 of my hard earned cash.

Curse you!

Edit: You weren't kidding, CrashCat. I found another listing pretty easily and bought some. I'm going to have fun with them when they arrive. And I bet my (special forces) brother would love to get them as a gift. :haw:

MisterAlex fucked around with this message at 22:50 on May 9, 2016

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:
Wololo posted some new pictures of the blackfin: http://wololo.net/2016/05/09/cobra-blackfin-resurfaces/

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

drat that's a lot of money to probably not even be able to pirate the game you want to steal depending on who else is committing crimes

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

So how is Trillion? It looks interesting but the reviews are divisive.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Gabby_Jay posted:

Is multiplayer region locked or something? For as long as I had 2017 I rarely ever found anyone else playing.

Sakurazuka posted:

The multiplayer in all EDF games is broken up by region for some dumb reasom

It seems to be JP on its own and EU/US together though, at least as far as 2017P and 2025 go, because I played my AU copies of those with a US buddy.

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.

Speedball posted:

Like you said, people seem to either like it or hate it. I personally hated it. The story's nice but it feels like an indie game where there's a lot of ideas thrown at it but it comes together as a mess. There's visual novel, a roguelike dungeon, some tactical combat, menu grinding ala a raising sim. Honestly if it went one way or another (either go full menu and represent fighting trillion like a lovely SNES era RPG or go full action and make the controls not completely awful) I would've probably liked it better but I found myself forcing myself to play it after a while simply because I didn't find actually fighting Trillion fun.

Personally if it doesn't sound good to you, I'd wait longer. It's already $30 on amazon apparently and I'd say ~15 is a good price for it. I know at the ~32 bucks or whatever I paid for it I felt like I got scammed.

Fru Fru
Sep 14, 2007
We're gonna need a bigger boat...and some water.

Speedball posted:

It's good if you know what type of game it is and you like that kind of game. It is essentially a Princess Maker/Long Live the Queen type thing. You get X days until a boss fight and get to choose what stat to train each day. Do not expect in depth combat; there are basically 3 fights in the entire game and you just keep repeating them until you win. The story is also paper-thin and at times really really bad. Also it crashes a lot, or at least it did for me.

This makes it sound like I hated it but actually I enjoyed it and platinumed the dumb thing. I can just recognize that it has many faults.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Here's a thing called Nuclear Golf.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkKVbo0yfo4

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
You can't turn down the difficulty in Atelier Ayesha, can you? Hard Mode was easy up until the Fortress, and now I don't think I can beat it and meet the time limit, I'm already on Year 3.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Nope, don't play games on hard unless you actually want them to be hard I guess.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Has there ever been a good Hard mode in a game?

Simply doing something like 2-3x boosting enemy stats does not a good hard mode make

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Critical Difficulty in KH2FM was p fun imo

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

ZOE made the enemies smarter with more moves on higher difficulties

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

most fire emblem games increase stats but the main increased difficulty comes from more dangerous formations, gear, skills if applicable, and reducing the time for optional objectives like thieves

also some games which just jack up the stats are easy enough on normal the jacked up stats just work. like cold steel.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

and then there's RD where you can't check enemy ranges

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

voltcatfish posted:

Simply doing something like 2-3x boosting enemy stats does not a good hard mode make

character action games, where higher difficulties give enemies and bosses more attacks and sometimes change up enemy placement

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Cake Attack posted:

most fire emblem games increase stats but the main increased difficulty comes from more dangerous formations, gear, skills if applicable, and reducing the time for optional objectives like thieves

also some games which just jack up the stats are easy enough on normal the jacked up stats just work. like cold steel.

advance wars is pretty good about hard modes, too

even the first one :getin:

Gabby_Jay
Dec 14, 2000

Gör som vi
Till denna melodi
All these joke golf games coming out just make me wish for a new Everybody's Golf.

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

voltcatfish posted:

Wind Waker Hero Mode

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Gabby_Jay posted:

All these joke golf games coming out just make me wish for a new Everybody's Golf.

We're getting one.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

voltcatfish posted:

Kirby, though I'm mostly talking about the bosses in that case since the levels don't exactly change much. :v:

Araxxor fucked around with this message at 06:43 on May 10, 2016

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

voltcatfish posted:

Doom changed up enemy spawns and stuff and was pretty good, with the exception of NIGHTMARE! which is BS and outright tells you that it's BS.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Gabby_Jay posted:

I want another Everybody's Stress Buster or maybe a new Work Time Fun

voltcatfish posted:

I like the difficulty modes in the EDF and Onechanbara games, where it's more like an excuse to replay the game because you progress and get stronger to where the earlier modes no longer are a challenge to you. The final "difficulty" in Onechanbara is actually a totally different play style and is fun and pretty easy, it's a nice reward. In EDF the enemy HP goes up but also they'll add more / different enemies to missions you thought you had memorized, like in 4.1 a lot of Inferno mode missions add gold ants and silver spiders.

Or you can get a friend who's already in the final modes to boost you up to their level weapon-wise and kick the asses of the early modes :getin:

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Platinum also does difficulty levels really well.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Some shmups tend to vary things up with difficulty. More than bullet intensity/speed I mean.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8eCa37QTl98
I know the Vita version is coming out first, but is this footage of it or PS4?

Oh also apparently the Vita version of Atelier Sophie is 5GB so if you're getting that be prepared as usual.

HGH fucked around with this message at 08:18 on May 10, 2016

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011

Light Gun Man posted:

I want another Everybody's Stress Buster or maybe a new Work Time Fun

I like the difficulty modes in the EDF and Onechanbara games, where it's more like an excuse to replay the game because you progress and get stronger to where the earlier modes no longer are a challenge to you. The final "difficulty" in Onechanbara is actually a totally different play style and is fun and pretty easy, it's a nice reward. In EDF the enemy HP goes up but also they'll add more / different enemies to missions you thought you had memorized, like in 4.1 a lot of Inferno mode missions add gold ants and silver spiders.

Or you can get a friend who's already in the final modes to boost you up to their level weapon-wise and kick the asses of the early modes :getin:

I've probably asked about it already, but: after playing and finishing the level in Multiplayer, the award medal is clouded/shaded/darkened (I don't know the right word), and after finishing it in Singleplayer it's clear/bright (at least in EDF 2017 Portable) does that affect the completion trophies, or can I have some missions only finished in Multiplayer and not have any problems? As few as the Multiplayer sessions are, they are the most reliable methods for completing the Inferno/Hardest levels ahead of time, and I love my Lv. 60 weapons I got from lying on the ground, dying.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Sakurazuka posted:

Nope, don't play games on hard unless you actually want them to be hard I guess.

I mean until now I've had to fight nothing but normal enemies I could wipe out with a couple bombs, so it seems like a weird difficulty curve. The boss also kind of sucks too.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
also eba and the ouendans do really fun things with difficulty

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Szurumbur posted:

I've probably asked about it already, but: after playing and finishing the level in Multiplayer, the award medal is clouded/shaded/darkened (I don't know the right word), and after finishing it in Singleplayer it's clear/bright (at least in EDF 2017 Portable) does that affect the completion trophies, or can I have some missions only finished in Multiplayer and not have any problems? As few as the Multiplayer sessions are, they are the most reliable methods for completing the Inferno/Hardest levels ahead of time, and I love my Lv. 60 weapons I got from lying on the ground, dying.

I am not quite 100% sure how mixed completion like that works. I just work on my online and ignore offline. I am fairly sure you can do either for the trophy, but it may or may not need to be all either on or off.

Of course playing online gives you weapon and armor limits, unless 2017 doesn't and I forgot. For 2017 it might be that you cleared it with Storm 1 but haven't yet cleared it with Pale Wing or vice versa. I'm a bit mixed up and unsure since I did 2017p awhile ago now and almost all online and have been doing 4.1 online for months since.

Also, I believe 2017 has stars you can earn by clearing missions on all difficulties solo offline. They don't do anything, it's just yet another optional challenge level for you to try if you want.

Light Gun Man fucked around with this message at 09:37 on May 10, 2016

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
I just noticed my dead gay console has xcom on it now.

Disgaea. And xcom. Portable. Holy loving poo poo is this heaven?

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Truga posted:

Holy loving poo poo is this heaven?

No, it's vita.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Welcome to the afterlife, enjoy your stay with even more RPGs.

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011

Light Gun Man posted:

I am not quite 100% sure how mixed completion like that works. I just work on my online and ignore offline. I am fairly sure you can do either for the trophy, but it may or may not need to be all either on or off.

Of course playing online gives you weapon and armor limits, unless 2017 doesn't and I forgot. For 2017 it might be that you cleared it with Storm 1 but haven't yet cleared it with Pale Wing or vice versa. I'm a bit mixed up and unsure since I did 2017p awhile ago now and almost all online and have been doing 4.1 online for months since.

Also, I believe 2017 has stars you can earn by clearing missions on all difficulties solo offline. They don't do anything, it's just yet another optional challenge level for you to try if you want.

Hmm, I'm trying to complete the Hard Missions now, I suppose I'll leave the last one for online and maybe I'll know for sure. You do have armour and weapon limits, but I'm too weak to hit them, fortunately.

Szurumbur fucked around with this message at 10:36 on May 10, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:

Truga posted:

I just noticed my dead gay console has xcom on it now.

Disgaea. And xcom. Portable. Holy loving poo poo is this heaven?
Finally a game that is not anime. Or is it? :ohdear: