Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.
I saw at least one Han+Miranda build at FFG and I think a Ghost+Miranda build. They did not get to top 8 and I don't think they broke top 16. Interestingly, the #1 and #2 winners were the POW build: YorrPalp, OL, Whisper. Also, 3 brobots in top 8.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

canyonero
Aug 3, 2006
SA TTS X-Wing Week 1: ZenMastaT vs canyonero

Zen won 100-74. We were pretty evenly matched, and it came down to a 1 hull Miranda not regenerating shields fast enough to outlast a 1hull Boba. On the bright side, my first attempt with bombs accounted for 5 damage. I really need to learn to keep Dash on the edges though.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

canyonero posted:

Zen won 100-74. We were pretty evenly matched, and it came down to a 1 hull Miranda not regenerating shields fast enough to outlast a 1hull Boba. On the bright side, my first attempt with bombs accounted for 5 damage. I really need to learn to keep Dash on the edges though.

I don't fly Lone Wolf Dash at all, but with PtL Dash he wants to be away from the edge when it makes sense, as that really limits his movement options. Why does Lone Wolf dash want to hug the edges as opposed to exploiting the rocks? I always try really hard for a turn 0 rock placement I can exploit with Dash, so I don't really use the edges.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Panzeh posted:

I won a store champ with Han and Miranda, but that was pre jumpmasters and I'm not entirely sure that's a particularly winnable matchup.

The list was this:

Han Solo (46)
Predator (3)
Chewbacca (4)
Gunner (5)
Engine Upgrade (4)
Millennium Falcon (1)

Miranda Doni (29)
Twin Laser Turret (6)
Tactician (2)

Total: 100

It's not, sadly. My friend also does well with Falcon+buddy builds and I've been able to take the falcon down in 1-2 rounds most of the time even with the engine upgrade. It's a great build against aces though. The problem is that unknown builds factor for large tournaments, but for small local tournaments where you know if you'll face a torpedo boat list or not, it's great.

thorsilver
Feb 20, 2005

You have never
been at my show
You haven't seen before
how looks the trumpet

So I've just made the dangerous discovery that there's an X-Wing community around my new home (North-East England, if anyone here's from there too), so I'm thinking of diving in, because I hate money but love plastic starships.

Any tips on how to get started in an affordable way? I'd like to have a force that's on a decent enough level that I can go to the regular tourneys and not get destroyed before I have the chance to learn anything! I'm probably going to focus on Imperials myself, but I'd like to have a half-decent force of Rebels too so that I can rope some co-workers into playing with me.

I was thinking of starting with 2 starter sets (1 original, 1 Force Awakens), then I'm open to suggestions -- I'm looking for the most cost-effective way to get a fun and varied TIE swarm and Rebel squadron.

Dunno how effective they are but I'm pretty tempted by the Imperial Aces pack -- that Royal Guard TIE Interceptor looks awesome :)

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

This should be added to OP (if it isn't).

Recommended buy-in, IMHO, is:

Both Core Sets
Rebel Aces
Imperial Aces
Most Wanted (If you want to do Scum lists)

Those give the most plastic ships and cards per unit of currency. From there, it depends on what faction you want to focus on first.

Imperial: Get your favorite ships. Interceptor is key because you get Soontir. TIE Adv. Prototype is cool and good right now. Don't get TIE Advanced (Vader's ship) unless you also get Imperial Raider which includes all the TIE Advanced fixes but is expensive as hell.
Rebel: Same. Get your favorites. You'll have Poe, if you want some iconic X-wing duders get an X-wing.

e: vvv oh yes, definitely will want that. Also, if you want to do competitive torunaments, get a StarViper so you get Autothrusters, but if you're just playing casual then just proxy them. They are extremely important for a lot of Imp ships.

Finster Dexter fucked around with this message at 15:43 on May 9, 2016

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
TIE/fo Blister is key, because it has Omega Leader, Juke and Comm Relay.

Imperial Veterans and Heroes of the Resistance are going to be really good values.

canyonero
Aug 3, 2006

Finster Dexter posted:

I don't fly Lone Wolf Dash at all, but with PtL Dash he wants to be away from the edge when it makes sense, as that really limits his movement options. Why does Lone Wolf dash want to hug the edges as opposed to exploiting the rocks? I always try really hard for a turn 0 rock placement I can exploit with Dash, so I don't really use the edges.

I guess that makes even more sense. This might be why Dash blew up before doing much of anything.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

canyonero posted:

I guess that makes even more sense. This might be why Dash blew up before doing much of anything.

I've also never been a fan of Lone Wolf Dash. For the cost, Dash is actually pretty fragile for a Large ship. Granted, he gets 2 greens but that's actually pretty miniscule given the current meta that favors piles of red dice and/or very high agility ships. Standard Super Dash is easier to keep out of arc, but a bit more expensive than what you have there, however I bet you could shave 4 pts off Miranda. Maybe instead of doing bombs AND TLT, pick one or the other to focus on. With TLT, you kind of want to meander around at R3, but with bombs, you're going to want to be in their face, so your Miranda is kind of a mixed metaphor, I think.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Ultra Dash (this needs to catch on, dammit) needs to either be completely out of arc or get 3+ defense dice at all times, whether that is because of distance or rocks. Discounting secondary weapons at least.

I of course am perfect at flying and always get 4 green dice with Dash the one time someone gets to shoot at me in a game.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Which dash is which? Super Dash is PtL Dash and Ultra Dash is Lone Wolf Dash?

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

Week 1: Chemmy vs Aromoro

This was tough as he's in Scotland and I'm in California, so he had to play pretty late at night.

My list was imperials:

• Countess Ryad with x7, stealth device and juke
  • Omega Leader, comm relay, juke, stealth device
  • The Inquisitor, title, push the limit, autothrusters, proton rockets

He ran a list that wasn't in the list of lists earlier in the thread, but was something like:

• Dengar with deadeye, proton torps, punishing one, K4 security droid
  • 4-LOM with Zuckuss, cloaking device.

We were both at 100 points, I won the initiative roll and took initiative since we had no PS overlap and wanted to be annoying with rocks. My plan (combined with some alcohol) worked and Dengar hit a rock on turn 1. He barely clipped the back edge of it so I moved hard to that side of the board to engage. On the way over there I got some damage into the back of a cloaked Mist Hunter who left the fight to come around again, but I managed to block Dengar a few times which was all I needed to get damage through.

I ended up winning 100-0

Aromoro was a great opponent, we both had to help each other figure out how to use TTS, and I hope both of our next opponents are closer to us to make arranging this a little easier.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Finster Dexter posted:

Which dash is which? Super Dash is PtL Dash and Ultra Dash is Lone Wolf Dash?

Ultra Dash is Super Dash with Kanan instead of Kyle Katarn.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmU4Zb2kg3M

100 points of B-wings vs 96 points of a Ghost/Phantom

-Ghost moves second but shoots first when Keyan has the same PS?
-Only one Crit from a HLC turns into a Hit instead of both Crits?
-Gunner? What's that?
-Changing Barrel Roll direction after placing template.
-Keyan PTLs to Focus (after rolling further from the Ghost).
-Doesn't spend stress token at all (I've done this with Keyan so I can't dock them too many points).

I put as much thought into these points as they do into their games. Like taking a Ghost directly into 3 B-wings.

Admiral Joeslop fucked around with this message at 17:09 on May 9, 2016

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Chemmy posted:

Week 1: Chemmy vs Aramoro

We were both at 100 points, I won the initiative roll and took initiative since we had no PS overlap and wanted to be annoying with rocks. My plan (combined with some alcohol) worked and Dengar hit a rock on turn 1. He barely clipped the back edge of it so I moved hard to that side of the board to engage. On the way over there I got some damage into the back of a cloaked Mist Hunter who left the fight to come around again, but I managed to block Dengar a few times which was all I needed to get damage through.

I made some really catastrophic errors in this games, not limited to flying into a rock turn 1 and failing to sloop past Ryad (Pictured). I can't take anything away from Chemmy here though, he blocked really well and prevented me from doing too much damage, I think Omega Ace was the only one who was troubled in any way.

I did not like Dengar sucking up a crit, getting a Major Explosion which flipped into a Direct Hit though.

I now know more about how TTS works now but I still suck and judging distances in it. I don't usually bump around like a dodgem car usually, honest.

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

The first sloop where you bumped I audibly sighed in relief. I thought it was the perfect maneuver if it fit.

I also laughed when you had to turn the ship 180 because TTS makes you rotate 15 degrees at a time. It looked like Dengar was on a pogo stick.

Edit: I figured out auto dials. I'll embed the video but the command is "sd".

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Admiral Joeslop posted:

-Changing Barrel Roll direction after placing template.

Being still new to the tournament scene, I had someone call me on this exact thing. Is that in the tournament rules? What about putting the template down and then sliding it back and forth to get optimal positioning for the roll in regards to rocks, etc.?

thorsilver
Feb 20, 2005

You have never
been at my show
You haven't seen before
how looks the trumpet

Finster Dexter posted:

This should be added to OP (if it isn't).

Recommended buy-in, IMHO, is:

Both Core Sets
Rebel Aces
Imperial Aces
Most Wanted (If you want to do Scum lists)

Those give the most plastic ships and cards per unit of currency. From there, it depends on what faction you want to focus on first.

Imperial: Get your favorite ships. Interceptor is key because you get Soontir. TIE Adv. Prototype is cool and good right now. Don't get TIE Advanced (Vader's ship) unless you also get Imperial Raider which includes all the TIE Advanced fixes but is expensive as hell.
Rebel: Same. Get your favorites. You'll have Poe, if you want some iconic X-wing duders get an X-wing.

e: vvv oh yes, definitely will want that. Also, if you want to do competitive torunaments, get a StarViper so you get Autothrusters, but if you're just playing casual then just proxy them. They are extremely important for a lot of Imp ships.

Awesome, thank you! I'll start with the two core sets and both Aces sets, then pick up a few expansions with next month's paycheque :) From what you guys said I think I'll try to snag an Interceptor, TIE/fo, and an X-wing to throw the Rebels a bone.

Some Numbers posted:

TIE/fo Blister is key, because it has Omega Leader, Juke and Comm Relay.

Imperial Veterans and Heroes of the Resistance are going to be really good values.

The TIE Defender in the Imperial Veterans set looks awesome. I was tempted to snag a Defender, but I guess I'm better off waiting for the Veterans set to come out?

How about the TIE Phantom, is that any good? I like the idea of the cloaking mechanic, the article about it on the FFG website made it sound really tactically interesting.

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

The Phantom is a glass cannon. Unstoppable in skilled hands, but make one mistake and it's toast. If you're a new player you should try it, it's fun, but it can be very frustrating.

Finster Dexter posted:

Being still new to the tournament scene, I had someone call me on this exact thing. Is that in the tournament rules? What about putting the template down and then sliding it back and forth to get optimal positioning for the roll in regards to rocks, etc.?

Putting it down and sliding it is 100% fine. Just remember how you set it up because you might need to start over from scratch if you thought you wanted to go forwards but really wanted to go back.

You're not supposed to be able to change sides once you declare a side. If you're a new player it's good to know that, but I certainly wouldn't hold a new player to that in a casual game.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

thorsilver posted:

Awesome, thank you! I'll start with the two core sets and both Aces sets, then pick up a few expansions with next month's paycheque :) From what you guys said I think I'll try to snag an Interceptor, TIE/fo, and an X-wing to throw the Rebels a bone.

The TIE Defender in the Imperial Veterans set looks awesome. I was tempted to snag a Defender, but I guess I'm better off waiting for the Veterans set to come out?

How about the TIE Phantom, is that any good? I like the idea of the cloaking mechanic, the article about it on the FFG website made it sound really tactically interesting.

If you like Defenders, you probably want a blister AND vets. The pilots in the Blister are much better than the ones in the box, but the box has some MUCH better stuff. Defenders in general are a touch awkward, too, as they rely pretty heavily on a bunch of cards from other expacs, particularly TIE mk2, Juke, and various cheap cannons.

The Phantom is excellent, albeit vulnerable to higher-PS pilots, and expensive, it's pretty much the ultimate glass cannon in x-wing. It's another ship that comes with a good set of cards to run it - most Phantoms go Veteran Instincts, Advanced Cloaking Device, Fire Control System, and ACD and FCS are both in the blister with it, along with a reasonable if not amazing crew option.

EdBlackadder
Apr 8, 2009
Lipstick Apathy
I had the weirdest game of x-wing last night. 150 a side, 3 players each side. My team was rebels and the opposition scum who had inexplicably decided to bring a TIE phantom. Needless to say it was a casual game.

I'm not good at x-wing. The friend who invited me to the game is probably better than me at positioning but only plays canonical x-wing loaded as per the movies. He's not great at list building. His brother was the rest of our team and built a loaded Key an B wing to go with a BB8 Poe. I brought my favourite AdS blue squadron B wing pair and we rounded off with a Chardan Green Squadron pilot.

The opposition had 3 z95s (N'Dru in one), a firespray, a scimitar squadron TIE phantom with Stygium particle generator and a naked generic StarViper.

The next 2 hours were spent misinterpreting rules and making bizarre choices. The TIE Phantom never cloaked and got eaten in a joust with B wing. The other B wing and the A wing ate the StarViper. The Firespray flew off the board and was allowed to barrel roll back on turn 2 and spent the rest of the game creeping around the edge of the board. The Z95s bumped turn one then spent the next 2 turns in a beautiful formation advance entirely negating N'Dru's ability and nearly took out Keyan at the cost of one Z95 which made the scum player flip his poo poo and spend the rest of the match trying to keep the rest alive at the expense of shooting.

In the end they had the Firespray left and we had all but one A and Poe (who bit it in the last turn).

This is the first game I've not really learnt anything, other than getting more practice eyeballing distances. It was so strange, apparently these guys play most weeks but none of them really know the rules. I guess you could call this a beer and pretzels game except for how seriously they took it all. So very strange.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

EdBlackadder posted:

I had the weirdest game of x-wing last night. 150 a side, 3 players each side. My team was rebels and the opposition scum who had inexplicably decided to bring a TIE phantom. Needless to say it was a casual game.

I'm not good at x-wing. The friend who invited me to the game is probably better than me at positioning but only plays canonical x-wing loaded as per the movies. He's not great at list building. His brother was the rest of our team and built a loaded Key an B wing to go with a BB8 Poe. I brought my favourite AdS blue squadron B wing pair and we rounded off with a Chardan Green Squadron pilot.

The opposition had 3 z95s (N'Dru in one), a firespray, a scimitar squadron TIE phantom with Stygium particle generator and a naked generic StarViper.

The next 2 hours were spent misinterpreting rules and making bizarre choices. The TIE Phantom never cloaked and got eaten in a joust with B wing. The other B wing and the A wing ate the StarViper. The Firespray flew off the board and was allowed to barrel roll back on turn 2 and spent the rest of the game creeping around the edge of the board. The Z95s bumped turn one then spent the next 2 turns in a beautiful formation advance entirely negating N'Dru's ability and nearly took out Keyan at the cost of one Z95 which made the scum player flip his poo poo and spend the rest of the match trying to keep the rest alive at the expense of shooting.

In the end they had the Firespray left and we had all but one A and Poe (who bit it in the last turn).

This is the first game I've not really learnt anything, other than getting more practice eyeballing distances. It was so strange, apparently these guys play most weeks but none of them really know the rules. I guess you could call this a beer and pretzels game except for how seriously they took it all. So very strange.

So you were playing with MWG crew?

Brunas
Nov 5, 2012

Chill la Chill posted:

I was but I'm having trouble securing rides cuz I'd prefer not to solo drive that so maybe not. I don't have much actual gaudy anime stuff aside from card game stuff.

Really? Talked to a couple of the Nova guys who couldn't make it for misc reasons, I'm surprised there's so few coming that you're having trouble finding a ride.

While I'm thinking about it, anyone else (except for the people who live here if course) coming to raleigh/Durham regionals?

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Brunas posted:

Really? Talked to a couple of the Nova guys who couldn't make it for misc reasons, I'm surprised there's so few coming that you're having trouble finding a ride.

While I'm thinking about it, anyone else (except for the people who live here if course) coming to raleigh/Durham regionals?

I'd be coming from Uni, not actually from home in the NOVA region. I put a request/query in the local area FB group and 1-2 people said maybe so we'll see if I'm lucky. Problem is they have to decide by next Tuesday. :|

Also apparently my friend is getting me an ultra kawaii (his words, it's a surprise) stuffed animal anime character but it probably won't get to me by the tournament. But maybe I'll have something fun to display - my friend displayed his purple/black pony dude during YHP regionals lol. Of course, that's assuming I'm good enough to make it to the top tables again. It's been 2-for-2 top 8 regionals this year, so my luck is bound to run out!

Chill la Chill fucked around with this message at 19:04 on May 9, 2016

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Finster Dexter posted:

Chemmy posted:

Putting it down and sliding it is 100% fine. Just remember how you set it up because you might need to start over from scratch if you thought you wanted to go forwards but really wanted to go back.

You're not supposed to be able to change sides once you declare a side. If you're a new player it's good to know that, but I certainly wouldn't hold a new player to that in a casual game.

Chemmy is correct with everything here. Barrel Rolling and Boosting are the same in that regard. I don't know 100% the order of operations but basically if you say "I'm going to boost left" then you HAVE to boost left unless it turns out to be an illegal maneuver. If it does turn out to be illegal (someone will have to correct me, I can't remember if boosting counts as a maneuver for purposes of obstacles and such) then you may choose another direction or even another action. When you declare that you are going to roll you have to pick the side you want but as long as you're on that side you can put the template anywhere as long as it doesn't overlap the edge, and your ship won't end up on an obstacle or another ship.

I also wouldn't hold a new player in a casual game to this but I would gently remind them how you are "supposed" to do it. If this is the 10th turn of a tournament game and you still don't know how to boost or roll I will probably still gently remind you while seething on the inside because I hate when people don't/can't/won't follow rules when they've had plenty of time to learn them :smith:

Kadath
Aug 17, 2004

Put Your 'Lectric Eye On Me, Babe
Grimey Drawer
Hey I'll be playing at curio cavern tomorrow, will anyone else be there? I don't want to go up to everyone asking if they have stairs in their house but I will if I have to.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

Let's talk VCX-100s. How would you build a 2 VCX list? With or without shuttle? I'm thinking without, loaded with upgrades.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Chemmy is correct with everything here. Barrel Rolling and Boosting are the same in that regard. I don't know 100% the order of operations but basically if you say "I'm going to boost left" then you HAVE to boost left unless it turns out to be an illegal maneuver. If it does turn out to be illegal (someone will have to correct me, I can't remember if boosting counts as a maneuver for purposes of obstacles and such) then you may choose another direction or even another action. When you declare that you are going to roll you have to pick the side you want but as long as you're on that side you can put the template anywhere as long as it doesn't overlap the edge, and your ship won't end up on an obstacle or another ship.

I also wouldn't hold a new player in a casual game to this but I would gently remind them how you are "supposed" to do it. If this is the 10th turn of a tournament game and you still don't know how to boost or roll I will probably still gently remind you while seething on the inside because I hate when people don't/can't/won't follow rules when they've had plenty of time to learn them :smith:

Nah you're spot on, barrel rolls and boosts aren't maneuvers as such and can't be done off the board, onto obstacles, or into other ships, so "illegal" barrel rolls and boosts have to be walked back even in tournaments. The exception is Tractor Beams which can plant you on obstacles.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Kadath posted:

Hey I'll be playing at curio cavern tomorrow, will anyone else be there? I don't want to go up to everyone asking if they have stairs in their house but I will if I have to.

That's my home store (for x-wing; magic? ehhhhh) but won't be playing there until June. Have fun! It's a great group of guys* and Steve was trying to bring the trophy home as a club spirit totem. I just love that since Speedy's been putting up the results consistently week after week, there's now a giant red dot in the list juggler heatmap.

*There's one grognard that nobody likes (surprise, it's me!). You'll know when you play him. He rants about his dice and doesn't take to talking about his bad moves. You'll get mad playing him win or lose.

ZenMastaT
Apr 4, 2005

I dun shot my dick off

canyonero posted:

That was a super fun match! I definitely would have been dead that last turn if I hadn't managed to sneak 3 damage onto you in one shot. One thing I wanted to add for everyone playing TTS, Canyonero and I discovered a weird scenario where doing the range ruler "r" command from Boba Fett showed his Miranda as being out of range, but doing it from Miranda showed Boba in range. I think that was because we neglected to do this:

"IMPORTANT NOTE - for large base ships you MUST add LGS to the end of the ship's name for the script to recognize that this is a large base ship.
(Ex. "Dash Rendar" should be renamed "Dash Rendar LGS")"

If you do use that command, remember to store dials AFTER or else the game won't recognize that the dial is linked to the ship. I also ran into some pretty weird lag about 2/3rds of the way thru that made it tough to play, plus somehow my dial came unstored a time or two and I had to reset them. Still with a little more work I think this whole TTS thing could be really amazing! Just needs a way to automate bumps now...

Edit: One other thing about canyonero's list - and maybe I'm just dumb, but the bombs worked really well on Miranda even with the turret since he was able to SLAM in front of me even when I was trying to rear arc him with Boba and then drop like a Connor Net or something with Advanced SLAM. Plus I somehow forgot he had bombs like two turns in a row and took 4 damage on Dengar as a result haha

ZenMastaT fucked around with this message at 20:32 on May 9, 2016

EdBlackadder
Apr 8, 2009
Lipstick Apathy

bunnyofdoom posted:

So you were playing with MWG crew?

One of them did have a camera now you come to mention it...

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

I've decided that, for the TTS league, I'm going to fly something weird and terrible every time. If it loses, I'll retire it and try something different.

Generic phantoms died hard. What will this week bring? Stay tuned to find out!

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

ConfusedUs posted:

I've decided that, for the TTS league, I'm going to fly something weird and terrible every time. If it loses, I'll retire it and try something different.

Generic phantoms died hard. What will this week bring? Stay tuned to find out!

Can confirm, this week's is pretty weird and terrible.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Strobe posted:

Can confirm, this week's is pretty weird and terrible.

I believe the quote in the PM was: "MOTHER OF GOD"

Foolster41
Aug 2, 2013

"It's a non-speaking role"
So I'm thinking of running my inky squad again tonight for the regular meetup, since I probably should practice more on single builds (as I think per advice here before).
Also, I realized I was 3 points over last time, so I got rid of the Expose on Jax, which I don't think was doing much anyway. Oops.

Inky and Friends
INKY AND FRIENDS - 100 points

Carnor Jax (33 Points)
Royal Guard TIE (0)+ Stealth Device (3)+ Shield Upgrade (4)

The Inquisitor (33 Points)
Opportunist (4)+ TIE/v1 (1)+ Stealth Device (3)

Tetran Cowall (34 Points)
Outmaneuver (3)+ Royal Guard TIE (0)+ Stealth Device (3)+ Shield Upgrade (4)

Better upgrades I could be using? I was considering also giving Inky outmanuver, since it'd help guarantee one of them getting the outmaneuver bonus on a target if I come from two different angles.

Foolster41 fucked around with this message at 23:56 on May 9, 2016

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Maybe drop the Shield Upgrades into Autothrusters and put VI on Jax?

Maybe VI on Cowell too?

Foolster41
Aug 2, 2013

"It's a non-speaking role"
So I should focus more on shooting first instead of accuracy? I might try that. I don't think I have any autothrusters. I have it all packed away, but I might try that if I have any. (and I'll print that next when I do a batch of proxies if I don't).

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Chill la Chill posted:

That's my home store (for x-wing; magic? ehhhhh) but won't be playing there until June. Have fun! It's a great group of guys* and Steve was trying to bring the trophy home as a club spirit totem. I just love that since Speedy's been putting up the results consistently week after week, there's now a giant red dot in the list juggler heatmap.

*There's one grognard that nobody likes (surprise, it's me!). You'll know when you play him. He rants about his dice and doesn't take to talking about his bad moves. You'll get mad playing him win or lose.

Hah, I just started playing their semi-recently (Moved out to DC last year for grad school) and yeah, it's definitely a solid group. Won't be there this week, but I'm definitely looking forward to swinging by in the future.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Higher PS also allows you more discretion with your action, in that you'll know 100% whether you need to Boost or Barrel Roll or if you can Focus.

Barrel Rolling out of someone's arc is a great feeling.

Another option is to use Targeting Computer to get access to target locks.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

Is this the standard Kanan/Biggs build? I finally managed to kill an Omega Leader tonight thanks to The Gates horrible dice and my great red dice. I don't like the theme but maybe we'll see some X-Wings next season.

quote:

Kanan Jarrus (38)
Accuracy Corrector (3)
Autoblaster Turret (2)
Recon Specialist (3)
Recon Specialist (3)
Tactical Jammer (1)
Ghost (0)

Sabine Wren (21)
Push the Limit (3)
Phantom (0)

Biggs Darklighter (25)
R4-D6 (1)
Integrated Astromech (0)

Total: 100

View in Yet Another Squad Builder

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

Foolster: run autothrusters, v1 and push the limit on the inquisitor.

Each turn take your new target lock, free evade, and then push the limit to focus. Having a TL + focus makes him hit hard, or you can save the focus and end up adding an evade + focus + autothrusters to your defensive rolls.

• Locked thread