Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Zephyrine posted:

He lost me twice over :stare:

:same:

no

there is a guide where a brand new player can skill train for 10 minutes and fly a catalyst capable of killing belt rats for isk i think?

Yes. In querious you can kill the belt rats in a thrasher pretty easily with even bad skills, same with the serpentis rats up in cloud ring with a catalyst.

Why they're trying to take on the capital rats in those t1 destroyers is a quandary only those people can answer.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 22:20 on May 9, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Siets posted:

While the clownshoes doctrine amuses me to no end, I cannot imagine it is what Fozzie had in mind when designing his sov system. :laugh:

the clownshoe, my brain child, is another entry in a long list of goonswarm federation economic warfare cabal disruptions to the status quo of eve online

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb

So Deklein, Branch, Tenal, Tribute, and Vale are all effectively lost? And Fade is mostly gone, with PB being up next?

It sounds like the cfc is in a real pickle.

Captain Gordon
Jul 22, 2004

:10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux:
I stop playing the game for 5 years and we lose all our space? loving figures.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Landsknecht posted:

So Deklein, Branch, Tenal, Tribute, and Vale are all effectively lost? And Fade is mostly gone, with PB being up next?

It sounds like the cfc is in a real pickle.

Front lines are moving the other direction. Fade was lost, is being reconquered, much of pure blind was lost, is being reconquered. Only thing that wasn't conquered originally was eastern pure blind. The rest is reconquered space.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Captain Gordon posted:

I stop playing the game for 5 years and we lose all our space? loving figures.

that time you got banned for goatseing the eve-o forums owned btw

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

who is this

dragonstalking
Oct 6, 2013

by Shine

Please stop with the idiot meme.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

dragonstalking posted:

Please stop with the idiot meme.

:ironicat:

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

no

there is a guide where a brand new player can skill train for 10 minutes and fly a catalyst capable of killing belt rats for isk i think?

And the catalysts are handed out for free.

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Glory of Arioch posted:

the clownshoe, my brain child, is another entry in a long list of goonswarm federation economic warfare cabal disruptions to the status quo of eve online

That drake looks loving nasty for the cost to the pilot. Like there's clownshoes proper, and then there's that thing which is more like the clown from It. :twisted:

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Siets posted:

That drake looks loving nasty for the cost to the pilot. Like there's clownshoes proper, and then there's that thing which is more like the clown from It. :twisted:

It's actually not that good -- Drake has no RHML bonus, much to Rise's eternal chagrin, so it only does ~200dps. But that, plus the 1000+dps peak regen, plus the buffer on it, means that it's a loving pain to kill (which is pretty much all that matters), and platinum insurance pays for most of it.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
http://i.imgur.com/cd2ZdZ6.webm

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb

sorry that i missed your kickstarter-focused rebranding

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Landsknecht posted:

sorry that i missed your kickstarter-focused rebranding

you should aim better next time

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

ullerrm posted:

It's actually not that good -- Drake has no RHML bonus, much to Rise's eternal chagrin, so it only does ~200dps. But that, plus the 1000+dps peak regen, plus the buffer on it, means that it's a loving pain to kill (which is pretty much all that matters), and platinum insurance pays for most of it.

That''s kind of what I saw it as: a clownshoes, albeit one with some teeth that essentially forces a proper gang to drop on it. I'd be it could handle 5~10 interceptors all by itself.

Really I guess I'm just sort of shaking my head at what the sov meta has turned into: endless trolling T1 tankfit haulers amidst a sea of interceptors bouncing around a region. It's just kind of dumb to me that that is what turned out to be optimal after several iterations. :rolleye:

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus
https://zkillboard.com/kill/53884142/

That battlestation is operational!

"Someone help me find the kill marks on this thing"

Zephyrine fucked around with this message at 23:12 on May 9, 2016

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Wow!

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

With this magnificent aircraft,
and my magnificent facial hair,
the British Empire will never fall!

Videogames what is the name of the public chat channel for your corp?

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Helicon One posted:

Videogames what is the name of the public chat channel for your corp?

It is RVCMFpublic :)

RhoA
Jul 20, 2014

VideoGames is saving this thread.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

DisgracelandUSA posted:

This was a pretty big inspiration for me when I started working out. Best of luck in the surgery and the recovery, Vyst.

And then your posts made me stop being lazy and going inconsistently in the week.

Vyst making goons less fat for years to come.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
How large a risk do suicide gankers pose to mission runners in high sec? Because I am running level 4s in a very valuable Mac and I just learned that people can scan you and see your fits.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
fairly low, if you have a tank fit

not nonexistent though

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

How large a risk do suicide gankers pose to mission runners in high sec? Because I am running level 4s in a very valuable Mac and I just learned that people can scan you and see your fits.

Depends on the type of fit. Most gank attempts are reserved for blitzing fits with a minimal tank -- i.e. small shield rep Tengus. They have such little buffer that as long as you bring enough to overwhelm their tank, they evaporate.

Your risk of getting ganked goes down as the amount of buffer and tank increases.

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011
Also in a mach just run away and blap blap blap

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
Also, will people just never attempt to gank Procurers? I realize it's the tankiest of the lot, but I feel like that years ago, people would gank you just out of spite if you tanked to try to be safe from them.

On the other hand, I'm guessing a Retriever (or Covetor? whichever had the highest mining yield) is gonna get ganked in seconds upon undocking with that little EHP.
And finally, I apparently have enough processing skills at IV to gain a little more money from selling reprocessed ore instead of the ore itself, but is there some other thing I should be doing with my ores while chill-mining? I recall standings and somesuch factoring into the reprocessing yield.

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011

Someone said cute dogs

Syndic Thrass fucked around with this message at 01:31 on May 10, 2016

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Also, will people just never attempt to gank Procurers? I realize it's the tankiest of the lot, but I feel like that years ago, people would gank you just out of spite if you tanked to try to be safe from them.

On the other hand, I'm guessing a Retriever (or Covetor? whichever had the highest mining yield) is gonna get ganked in seconds upon undocking with that little EHP.
And finally, I apparently have enough processing skills at IV to gain a little more money from selling reprocessed ore instead of the ore itself, but is there some other thing I should be doing with my ores while chill-mining? I recall standings and somesuch factoring into the reprocessing yield.

Procurers are never worth the gank because of the fact they can also bite back pretty hard. They also tend to be bait. You could probably kill em in a Talos but why bother? And both the procurer and the retriever mine the same amount, the covetor and hulk are both the dedicated maximum mining amount ships. Standings can factor into how much your taxed when using NPC stations, but the maximize you refining yield you want a nullsec outpost or upgraded medium + skills + implants. If the chill mining corp wants to optimize having a compression + refining medium citadel would be for the best.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
http://i.imgur.com/U8JlhBG.webm

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

fairly low, if you have a tank fit

not nonexistent though

If I overheat I can tank up to 800dps. So I guess I'm relatively safe.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Venom Snake posted:

Procurers are never worth the gank because of the fact they can also bite back pretty hard. They also tend to be bait. You could probably kill em in a Talos but why bother? And both the procurer and the retriever mine the same amount, the covetor and hulk are both the dedicated maximum mining amount ships. Standings can factor into how much your taxed when using NPC stations, but the maximize you refining yield you want a nullsec outpost or upgraded medium + skills + implants. If the chill mining corp wants to optimize having a compression + refining medium citadel would be for the best.

This sounds extremely unchill.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

more about your raw ehp, since a single talos or couple cats do more than that

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

more about your raw ehp, since a single talos or couple cats do more than that

yeah you're not going to out tank their dps, you just need enough ehp to live long enough for concord to get on grid

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Fit for EHP, not for tank per second, you should be able to fit enough of a buffer tank on a procurer to get close to or right at 100k EHP against kin/therm, meaning you can last long enough for Concord to show up and blap whoever is ganking you unless they bring a shitload of catalysts/taloses/whatever, at which point it's not worth it unless they're just trying to make a point

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Most people avoid procurers because they take 5-10 T2 catalysts to gank. With those numbers, you could kill 3-4 other ships. It is also only a ~50m lossmail. It's not that the gank is too expensive, that's a lot of effort and the target probably wont feel the loss.

Skiffs, on the other hand, take 7-12, are worth ~200m and are killed to prove a point.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Most mission runner bling ganking is done with tornadoes to alpha you so you never get a chance to activate hardeners, and they'll know your fit. The best way to avoid being ganked is to have a passive fit of some kind.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Here's my fit.

I love it, level 4s are a breeze where I can tank everything on grid without a dent and when I finish training Shield Comp V and HSM V it will be totally cap stable even with the MWD on. But as you can see I only have 61k EHP. Any thoughts?

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

My only thought is to wonder where you mission run.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Here's my fit.

I love it, level 4s are a breeze where I can tank everything on grid without a dent and when I finish training Shield Comp V and HSM V it will be totally cap stable even with the MWD on. But as you can see I only have 61k EHP. Any thoughts?

your EHP with the invuln off is what matters. Also keep in mind that you might be able to get the exact same resists out of tech ii or x-type mission specific hardeners instead of the invuln + the boost amplifier, at much lower cost (and thus much lower gank risk)

Even with your invuln on, it would only take 7 tornadoes to make you evaporate faster than you knew what happened, and 7 tornadoes costs much less than half of what your low slots are worth. In other words, you'd be profitable to gank.

e. other fitting advice:
you don't need to be cap stable and perma run your tank. Put on the least amount of tank possible and decline any missions that aren't blitzable.

• Locked thread