Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Calvin and Hobbes

Ripley's

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Strontium posted:

Intelligent Life

You got punched by a woman's husband whose sweater you got stuck to when you dropped one of your skittles in her popcorn.

Who else but Quagmire?!

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Aardmania posted:

Heathcliff

That's not how you hold a quarterstaff! Willie Garvin would roll over in his grave like a Dog Comix.

Huh. Looks like the kid from The Far Side grew up. And moved to Ballard Street, judging by that outfit.

Ballard Street

A dog can't make an omelette without breaking the world

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Skippy (March 11, 1929)

Peanuts (May 12, 1969)

Funky Winkerbean

Crankshaft (the "fun" TomBat strip, in case you needed to be reminded)

The punchline: Reaper, take me now! They gotta make this bed by the end of the shift.

Rip Haywire

Out Our Way (March 27-28, 1929)

The lighter side of having an farmer's boot up your rear end!

Thimble Theater (November 26, 1929)

EasyEW fucked around with this message at 16:01 on May 10, 2016

treasureplane
Jul 12, 2008

throwing darts in lovers' eyes, &c.
King Aroo (April 16, 1951)

Barnaby (September 21, 1942)

Nancy (May 31, 1943)

Wash Tubbs (February 11, 1929)

Gasoline Alley (March 12, 1923)

Lil' Abner (October 26, 1936)

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

Pickles

Bleeker the Rechargeable Dog

Wallace the Brave

Dadding Badly

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Buni

Rhymes with Orange

Hilary is on vacation, so we get Rina Piccolo again.

Pros and Cons

Edge of Whatta Plot Twist!

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

Selachian posted:

2 panels a week, at this rate the comic will get pulled before they manage to explain what the "catch" is supposed to be.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Selachian posted:

I'm trying to think of a clumsier way she could be pointing out that the guy has a job and she's pregnant, but I'm coming up blank.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Hell, I'm coming up blank for a clumsier way for her to point out he's named Sam.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
We still don't know if she's human. She hasn't said she was at least.

root
Jun 17, 2000

Booska mask replica...

Selachian posted:

WAKE UP SAM! YOU'RE GOING TO BE LATE FOR YOUR JOB AT THE ALARM CLOCK FACTORY!*

*potential :nws: 4 ray's dong

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

I don't really like the art in this strip, but I can at least usually understand what is happening. Is the batter's face a loss edit or something?

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Chimeric posted:

Dadding Badly

I was about to say that this is probably not the recommended way to hold a baby, but the guy only has one gigantic hand, so he can probably take a pass.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

Trent posted:

I don't really like the art in this strip, but I can at least usually understand what is happening. Is the batter's face a loss edit or something?

He broke the 180 rule and ruined the flow.

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen
Gil

Heathcliff

Piranha Club

Dick Tracy

Judge Parker

Heaven's Love Thrift Shop

9 Chickweed Lane

Pibgorn Wahoo Terminal

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

I remember another C&H where he and Susie were "adults." It was really well drawn. Mr Bun was their kid and Calvin was like "What? That's a bunny!" or something like that.
Being your own boss, working only seasonally--if you can make a living doing it ice cream man doesn't sound so bad.

F Minus

Mary Worth

GO HANG OUT WITH PEOPLE YOUR AGE! Jeez!

Who is this anyways? I don't think Dawn has a friend, let alone a group to be referred to mysteriously as "The Others."

Rex Morgan MD

I wonder if that's a legitimate issue still in some old (still-occupied) houses. Is it possible for someone to have not bought a new appliance in the last several decades where they needed a 3-prong outlet?

Secret Agent X-9

Apartment 3-G

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Johnny Walker posted:

Rex Morgan MD

I wonder if that's a legitimate issue still in some old (still-occupied) houses. Is it possible for someone to have not bought a new appliance in the last several decades where they needed a 3-prong outlet?

It definitely is. It's a lot cheaper to get a handful of cheater plugs than to rewire a house.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Johnny Walker posted:

Rex Morgan MD

They probably have a collection of 30-year old extension cords that go from three prongs to two.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Johnny Walker posted:

Rex Morgan MD

I live in a small midwest college town. The population has shrunk in the last few decades, so there's more homes than people, and thus very few new homes have been built. The newest homes are almost all from the 1960s and 1970s. And let me tell you, when I was looking for a place last year, it was hell finding a place with working 3-prong outlets. Either there'd just be the old two-prongs everywhere, or there'd be newly-install three-prong outlets that were not hooked up to ground (I checked), which is a mess waiting to happen.

The place I'm in now was only one of maybe three that had modern wiring, and that's because someone pulled it out all in the 90s and had it redone. Most likely because the brand of fuse boxes popular in the area had a tendency to be major fire hazards as they aged.

You can get around this by putting GFCI outlets everywhere (which is fairly expensive, but less expensive than pulling out all the wiring), but this will only remove the shock danger. If your appliance needs ground to operate properly (computers, other high-end electronics), there's no guarantee it'll work.

Bobulus fucked around with this message at 22:46 on May 9, 2016

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The Classic Dinette Set is about economy of effort.

Working Daze goes for the lazy Dilbert joke.

Super-Fun-Pak-Comix doesn't like to throw money away.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Wanamingo posted:

Inspector Danger

I think this is the first Inspector Danger where a mob boss has died without a racist joke from the Inspector.

Slammy
Mar 30, 2011

Great speech.
PPHPFT!!
Rarebit Fiend (click for huge)

Outbusts of Everett True

Good Time Guy (click for big)

Flapper Fanny Says

Feiffer (click for big)

Wee Pals

Alterian
Jan 28, 2003

Aardmania posted:

9 Chickweed Lane

Gross. Change your tampon.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Johnny Walker posted:

Being your own boss, working only seasonally--if you can make a living doing it ice cream man doesn't sound so bad.

It's easier if you sell drugs on the side :ssh:

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

Johnny Walker posted:

I remember another C&H where he and Susie were "adults." It was really well drawn. Mr Bun was their kid and Calvin was like "What? That's a bunny!" or something like that.

Also, I suppose this is timely:

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another

Evil Mastermind posted:

Working Daze goes for the lazy Dilbert joke.

Did they just do that caption in MSpaint

they did, didn't they

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Cicadalek posted:

Did they just do that caption in MSpaint

they did, didn't they

This is the same strip where backgrounds of things are blatantly GISed things

like just a photo of a parking lot with shittily drawn characters in front of it

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Pogo (May 10 and 12, 1958)

Peanuts: Year Five (October 21-24, 1954)

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Johnny Walker posted:

Rex Morgan MD

It's the long-awaited Rex Morgan/Pluggers crossover.

Luann

Why?

The Amazing Spider-Man

Sally Forth

The Heart of Juliet Jones

You told him to go out and bag a broad!

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.

I can think of two words.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

Julet Esqu posted:

The Amazing Spider-Man

I briefly wondered if this would be a cameo appearance by Dream - but no, the Gaimanverse is all DC. drat. Dream in Newspaper Spiderman would be incredible.

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

I'm sorry, Quill. You almost made it out. :smith:

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

SomeMathGuy posted:

I'm sorry, Quill. You almost made it out. :smith:

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

LordSaturn posted:

I briefly wondered if this would be a cameo appearance by Dream - but no, the Gaimanverse is all DC. drat. Dream in Newspaper Spiderman would be incredible.

But now that Nightmare has shown up, we have *two* villains wearing green checkerboard outfits!

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

"I won't allow you to kill him. But if you want to keep him imprisoned in a cage in the jungle so you can occasionally swing by to beat the poo poo out of him for no reason, that would be fine."

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme
Moomin

Classic Dilbert

amishjosh
Jul 16, 2004
Yeah

Julet Esqu posted:

The Amazing Spider-Man

alice cooper cameo?

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
Monty

Mike du Jour

Scary Gary

Intelligent Life

Retail

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Hey, great to see Monty again!

And hey, those other comics.

• Locked thread