Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

~ the ultimate driving machine ~

In that first vid, the mustang that hits the wall in the circle track race...is that SiF?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I am a pretty pretty princess, watch me do my pretty princess dance....

PaintVagrant posted:

In that first vid, the mustang that hits the wall in the circle track race...is that SiF?!

I was going to say, I'm pretty sure that's SiF's Dad.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

corn in the fridge posted:

That mustang meme is insanely dumb and you're pretty much a retard if you think its funny

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

WHERE MY SAFESPACE?!?

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

keykey posted:

WHERE MY SAFESPACE?!?

Someone wrecked their overpowered Mustang into it.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Mustang memes are p funny because all mustang owners are big douches.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Mustang owner spotted

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
:thejoke:

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

I know

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
I know you know :colbert:

I was just living up to mustang reputation.

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

Tide posted:

Mustang owner spotted

That statement works perfect with your avatar.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

No shame in wrecking on a track, half of those are track incidents.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
In the 2nd video theres that green foxbody that immediately flips on his roof and just slides forward and Im like "oh hes actually lucky thats not much damage compared to what can happen" and then his car starts on fire. :v:

e: @ 1:57

epic bird guy
Dec 9, 2014

leica posted:

No shame in wrecking on a track, half of those are track incidents.

Until the next time you pull out your credit card.

It knows... It knows you're stupid... And its judging you.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter

DesperateDan posted:

I do some woodland management and blackberry/bramble isn't too hard to deal with once you know your enemy- buy, beg, borrow or steal a brush cutter with a nice blade, armour yourself up a bit and blitz the fucker up. Afterwards, rake up as much of the cut stuff as you can and burn or compost it, as it can and will regrow from cut sticks. Then you examine the ground, bramble grows out from a central plant and spreads out from there- the central part is the strongest but if any of the runners have rooted well they will regrow from there too, so they need to die. The guy who owns the land didn't want me using any kind of weedkiller so I would just mattock out the worst of the central root bit, then make sure I came back to it each week or so with the brushcutter- the side runners of the plant just don't have the energy stored to keep coming back after long, but the central part will, so dig it, burn it (carefully) or poison it at the right time.

I cleared a lot of bramble last year using that method and so far this year there are no signs of it returning to the cleared areas. Strongly recommend keeping a plant or two in check though, because blackberries make incredible jam/booze.

I usually do try to go the cut/burn/dig it out method but this one grew out of the base of a huge (like 6-7ft diameter) cedar stump so there is no way I'm going to be able to get to the central bulb. I can't even dig more than a few inches without hitting a tree root the size of my leg.

Burning it out is also not an option. I want to keep the stump there (I'm going to make a bench out of it) and there is other stuff around the brambles I want to keep. I'm going to have to poison the fucker out, I just hope Garlon isn't illegal to sell in BC like Glyphosate is.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Some punk tried to charge $950 to strutmasters.com. Not surprised some brotruck rear end in a top hat would attempt to lift his shitbox with a stolen credit card number.

autism ZX spectrum
Feb 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe
Thanks for the info/opinions on my stupid OBD2 thoughts. I know it's impractical and in all measures leaves the car worse off performance wise, but it seems like there are a few cases where one could make some money if it was possible. I live in a place where cars are way more expensive than they should be and rust is a huge issue. There are a few mkII Jettas and other mid 90s euro cars floating around for not too much money, but they need all the electronic bits fixed. I know the sensors aren't too expensive but getting the fuckers off can be almost impossible. Especially cam position sensors and the air flow one past the cat. It would actually be quicker to replace the sensors with electronics, drop in a carbureted top end and sell it to some drift kid at a markup because ~linear throttle response~.

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!
If I was a goony loser who wanted an SA emoticon made into a sticker for his goony rally car, is there anyone still doing those? I thought I remembered someone doing them a long time ago.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
There was a guy making pins iirc

Magnus Praeda
Jul 18, 2003
The largess in the land.

DrakeriderCa posted:

If I was a goony loser who wanted an SA emoticon made into a sticker for his goony rally car, is there anyone still doing those? I thought I remembered someone doing them a long time ago.

There's this guy over in SA Mart who seems to be well regarded.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Finally heard back about the apartment. Approved, and surprisingly with only a $150 deposit. Going down there Wednesday to give them the deposit (and probably part of the pet deposit).

Checked into renters insurance. It's a bit more expensive than the last time I had it, but it's still affordable @ less than $18/mo.

What I'm not digging: there's pet rent fees, statement fees, and pest control fees. I guess that's why this property seems so much cheaper on the surface, they sneak all that other poo poo in. It still winds up being a pretty decent deal for the amount of space though.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

How big does a roach have to be before it's coverd under the pet fees instead of the pest control fees?

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

I have a cat that absolutely loves taking care of insects. :colbert:

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EezFNU4qmAQ

Edit : Hooooly poo poo there are lot of these things!

Umm... Isn't that last 'red Mustang' in the police pursuit a 3rd gen Camaro?

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

It's 'world ride your bike to work day' today but it was absolutely pissing it down so gently caress that. I ride every other day of the year so whatever.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
LOOK WHO'S BACK

BACK AGAIN

LOOK WHO'S BACK LOOK WHO'S BACK LOOK WHO'S BACK

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Yessssss

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

Hahahahaha a Muslim man won a TV industry award and now the bigots and racists are all exploding with outrage across the country!

literally a fish
Oct 2, 2014

German officer Johannes Bolter peeks out the hatch of his Tiger I heavy tank during a quiet moment before the Battle of Kursk - c:1943 (colorized)
Slippery Tilde

Ferremit posted:

Hahahahaha a Muslim man won a TV industry award and now the bigots and racists are all exploding with outrage across the country!

His brother is the surgeon who did my sleeve op a couple weeks ago :v:

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

literally a fish posted:

His brother is the surgeon who did my sleeve op a couple weeks ago :v:

How well dressed are you now then?

literally a fish
Oct 2, 2014

German officer Johannes Bolter peeks out the hatch of his Tiger I heavy tank during a quiet moment before the Battle of Kursk - c:1943 (colorized)
Slippery Tilde

88h88 posted:

How well dressed are you now then?

:five:

but, sir

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

If I couldn't manage to control my food intake and exercise semi-regularly, I would probably just kill myself. loving hell.

loving surgery to force yourself to eat less, man. The 21st century is some crazy-rear end poo poo.

E:

quote:

Last month, the National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence (Nice) revised its guidelines and said that we should be offering more of this sort of gastric surgery to people on the NHS. Previously, patients had to have a BMI of more than 35 to be eligible. Now, Nice is suggesting that this figure be reduced to 30.

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-s...ic-9938816.html

WTF, a BMI of 30 is not nearly high enough to be a medical issue.

I have a BMI of around 30 (5'10" 210lbs), and I can run, lift weights and do crossfit just fine. Yes, I'm a big guy and I am currently unable to do pullups unless I lose some weight, but I sure as hell shouldn't be eligible for goddamn weight-loss surgery.

KozmoNaut fucked around with this message at 10:15 on May 10, 2016

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

I keed, I keed. How's that going now, you still on liquids?

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine
Rename literally a fish to literally a whale

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

A whale is not a fish :spergin:

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

how a whale use internet

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

KozmoNaut posted:

A whale is not a fish :spergin:

Fine a whale shark then...

literally a fish
Oct 2, 2014

Slippery Tilde

this is why you have no friends

88h88 posted:

how a whale use internet

:iiam:

i'm not going to go into my reasons for having the surgery done here, anyone feel free to PM me if you want to talk about it though.

88h88 posted:

I keed, I keed. How's that going now, you still on liquids?

Yeah :( I get to move up to purees on friday. This part is the worst, but also the best for losing weight so I guess it cancels out???

My god do I have to drink a lot of protein shakes. I'm starting to wonder if I even lift, bro.

i lift myself out of chairs and stuff i guess :v:

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Ferremit posted:

Fine a whale shark then...

Oh come on, this is Strayla. He's Literally a Fat oval office of a Fish

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

literally a fish
Oct 2, 2014

Slippery Tilde
Maybe I'll drown and get a swimming pool named after me

• Locked thread