Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

EL BROMANCE posted:

That's the first shrimps one I've listened to. I've not worked out if they only know one players name, or if she's the only one who ever gets the ball yet.

I'm a few eps behind but is it Han Ma Boogie?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

It was something more ordinary, Jesse Taylor? Jesse Thomas?

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL

EL BROMANCE posted:

That's the first shrimps one I've listened to. I've not worked out if they only know one players name, or if she's the only one who ever gets the ball yet.

Yeah if you mean Jesse Thomas she kept hitting the individual score limit last season, though it sounds like people have her number now and are all over her. Which is funny because on the Shrimps Instagram she looks to be about five feet tall.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Back To 99 posted:

What were the good things to listen to on howl other than forgotten classics, again? Any memorable live eps of CBB or something... Firefox is a good browser btw.

The Sklar Bro's show is good. They spend a day in the town they're touring, talk to its citizens, and then come up with a new stand up set based on their experiences. They just made a pilot for a TV version of it.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

The Sklar Bro's show is good. They spend a day in the town they're touring, talk to its citizens, and then come up with a new stand up set based on their experiences. They just made a pilot for a TV version of it.

this is literally already a show on CBC except without twins and they do it in buttfuck nowhere Canada

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Back To 99 posted:

What were the good things to listen to on howl other than forgotten classics, again? Any memorable live eps of CBB or something... Firefox is a good browser btw.

hardcore game of thrones is excellent if you give a dang ol

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
apple tree song has changed my life. I'm gonna give it all up...go find myself along with the other Apple heads. Make our Apple way.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

EL BROMANCE posted:

It was something more ordinary, Jesse Taylor? Jesse Thomas?

My guess would be Tally Levi Crouch [sic]

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
Pretty sure Thomas is both their point guard and biggest scorer, so it makes sense that she gets mentioned a lot. Also yeah, she's tiny even compared to other women's rec league players.

https://twitter.com/Nezoid/status/694818900165300225?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Back To 99 posted:

Any memorable live eps of CBB or something...
If you've never heard the Richard Harrow one go do that, like right now.

Illinois Smith fucked around with this message at 10:21 on May 5, 2016

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Maria "Blasouch" Blasucci

scary ghost dog posted:

hardcore game of thrones is excellent if you give a dang ol

They dumped that on Earwolf Presents so you don't need to bother with the Howl account.

e: listening to some Pistol Shrimps and it might be Molly Huwahki, which would be ironic as it's the only player whose name they don't know.

Mr. Squishy fucked around with this message at 11:21 on May 5, 2016

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:

Mr. Squishy posted:

They dumped that on Earwolf Presents so you don't need to bother with the Howl account
They dumped three episodes on presents but there's seven on howl

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Back To 99 posted:

Hard to believe Howl has been around for like 8 months at this point and that One Weird Trick continues to be effective, huh? Then again the Earwolf store still doesn't have HTTPS...

A new SuperEgo live show went up yesterday that was very good.

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!

JethroMcB posted:

Hard to believe Howl has been around for like 8 months at this point and that One Weird Trick continues to be effective, huh? Then again the Earwolf store still doesn't have HTTPS...

A new SuperEgo live show went up yesterday that was very good.

I think they'd either have to hire someone who knows what they're doing or remake the entire site to block that, so it's probably never going away.

As for the Shrimps, Jesse Thomas and Han Mah Boogie are the only reasons they almost won the championship last season, and I think either of them being absent is why they haven't been doing so well lately.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Zsinjeh posted:

They dumped three episodes on presents but there's seven on howl

eight and the new ones four hours long lol

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Not technically EarWolf, but Gabrus got too high when he hosted his most recent podcast.

Earwolf Edit. Sean Conroy and, of Hollywood Handbook fame, Sean Clements really made the interview, with Clements being an incredibly charming gentleman as he always is.

GobiasIndustries fucked around with this message at 03:27 on May 10, 2016

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

GobiasIndustries posted:

Not technically EarWolf, but Gabrus got too high when he hosted his most recent podcast.

Earwolf Edit. Sean Conroy and, of Hollywood Handbook fame, Sean Clements really made the interview, with Clements being an incredibly charming gentleman as he always is.

I chalked it up to them being a round a beautiful woman. Clements was charming though.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
I've been skipping the banshee fancasts ever since the first one because I kind of wanted to watch the show eventually, bu the first 2.5 eps didnt grab me. Should I go back and listen to them?

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
I liked that Clements got closure on his season 1 public interaction with the leads of the show

Drunkboxer posted:

I've been skipping the banshee fancasts ever since the first one because I kind of wanted to watch the show eventually, bu the first 2.5 eps didnt grab me. Should I go back and listen to them?

they're doing the final season right now, so if you DO ever start watching it, the entire thing will be spoiled. If you're OK with that, they're basically like the action movie episodes of H&M: a lot of excited yelling about muscles, guns, fight scenes, and boobs. There's also a surprising amount about how beautiful Antony Starr's eyes are. Not as much dad realtalk as the action movie episodes

I know it sucks when people are like "no you have to watch X episodes before it gets good!" but for real, finish up to 4 because that's when it goes from "about what I expected from cinemax original programming" to legitimately great television. for Reasons, they shot the first 3 episodes out of order, so it feels shaky until episode 4.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

alison rich should join hollywood handbook on a permanent basis

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

High and Mighty's Commando episode is a word-for-word transcript of a conversation I had with my high school friends

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different

cams posted:

alison rich should join hollywood handbook on a permanent basis

hell yes

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
On the commando ep when Garbus reads the review that says he's slimer before he died and his friends can't stop laughing, that was good.

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL
What I like about HH is it always teaches me something new. For instance, spiders is bugs, and insects is bugs too. And ticks is spiders, in a way, because of how much legs.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Work Friend Keven posted:

On the commando ep when Garbus reads the review that says he's slimer before he died and his friends can't stop laughing, that was good.

Garbus Marquee

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Crindee posted:

What I like about HH is it always teaches me something new. For instance, spiders is bugs, and insects is bugs too. And ticks is spiders, in a way, because of how much legs.

I liked this part a lot, and this episode, also a lot.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

i bought a ticket to the live hollywood handbook but the panel i'm doing at a conference happens at the exact same time. if anyone in the nyc area wants my ticket send me a message

anotherone
Feb 8, 2001
Username taken, please choose another one
Surprising that a couple of Guardians of the Galaxy superfans don't remember the animal+plant comedy duo of Rocket Raccoon and Groot.

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches

The Berzerker posted:

I liked this part a lot, and this episode, also a lot.

Alison Rich liked this part a lot too which made it better

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL
So glad Rick Faber is back on the newest CBB live ep, is this the only other time he's been on the show?

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

Borrowed Ladder posted:

Alison Rich liked this part a lot too which made it better

She's real good

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

I hope she books that web-only commercial for SAG minimum. She's put in the work.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
the dead dads episode of H&M was really hilarious and touching. I get dreams about dad approval 18 years after the fact :unsmith:

mine was a real son of a gun until I was like 8 and he became a born-again christian and stopped drinking

Rorobb
Aug 17, 2005

Homework Explainer posted:

i bought a ticket to the live hollywood handbook but the panel i'm doing at a conference happens at the exact same time. if anyone in the nyc area wants my ticket send me a message

Sent you a PM, but if you missed it I am interested.

Thanks!

cams
Mar 28, 2003

i had no idea that there was video of the jon gabrus live episode of hollywood handbook

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuAPSYYlelo

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

cams posted:

i had no idea that there was video of the jon gabrus live episode of hollywood handbook

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuAPSYYlelo
Different fat guy name Jon

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I don't see how you can get those two confused, all you have to remember is that one thinks bestiality is ok and of course its going to be the guy with he name Gembrling.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
They're actually the same guy, actually

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

PBS Newshour posted:

I don't see how you can get those two confused, all you have to remember is that one thinks bestiality is ok and of course its going to be the guy with he name Gembrling.

I mean, Gemberling is the one known for it. But do you honestly think Gabrus has a different stance?

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

Drunkboxer posted:

They're actually the same guy, actually

One fat dark haired beard white guy with insane views for "comedy" yells all the time and the other one doesn't yell very often. That's how you can tell them apart.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cams
Mar 28, 2003