Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
flyingkiwi
Jun 1, 2012

Wowzers!
I played Ekko top against a Vlad and let me tell you, that was lame and Vlad does a million damage and doesn't leave lane unless he wants to

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

This game needs a mode where you can set certain things like spell ranges always visible. I need practice judging Diana's Q range, if my performance in my last match is any indication.

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Radical posted:

the popular build that i copied was abyssal > rylai with cd boots. since the laser part 2 is much more delayed you're less of a burst champion and more of a midrange mage that casts a lot of spells and stays in the middle of things, and the q shield helps with that a lot. the laser is a lot worse now unless you hit both explosions but you can actually use the gravity field effectively when you're closer to the fights which means you can lay down the double laser on their front line. the ult feels much more impactful now as well (i actually got first blood on the fizz mid because of the larger ticks killing him and dangerous game letting me live through the w dot)

i really like playing midrange mages and he feels a lot more like a vlad or something similar in terms of playstyle which i think was the original goal with his design instead of pre-rework where you were basically ONE LASER MAN and stacked as much ap as possible.

i just went codex, double upgrade, morello, lich bane and got stupid fed. his Q is actually very useful now and it didn't feel that way before

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

yeah i saw someone else recommend the morello/lichbane build and that sounded pretty good. i dont usually like rylai but it makes it very easy to use the w and get the maximum value out of e in fights so i think you can make an argument for both builds, but the lichbane build is a lot more damage while abyssal/rylai is much more sustained damage and suitability.

flyingkiwi
Jun 1, 2012

Wowzers!
Three fire dragons in a row is pretty stupid. Adding RNG to the game is stupid in general.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Statistically teams who give up 3 dragons in a row lose *checks dragon damage bonus* 24% more games

flyingkiwi
Jun 1, 2012

Wowzers!
I went and solo'd dragon ASAP in my last game, but it was air dragon. I got the next one but that was air dragon too, then the other team got a fire dragon and we lost.

flyingkiwi
Jun 1, 2012

Wowzers!
Game of Dragons

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
I'm gonna 180 on my usual gently caress Riot stand point and say the new dragons own except for cloud dragon because they gave junglers a team focused objective rather than 'just go sit bot lane for 20 minutes' and if you don't play around it properly you deserve to get poo poo on

Maybe rework cloud dragon to give cdr or attack speed alongside move speed so it isn't the only dragon that's completely ignorable by both teams

flyingkiwi
Jun 1, 2012

Wowzers!
Make it give you a passive where if you take no damage for a little while, you become immune to CC and get 90% damage reduction

KicksYouInHalf
Aug 6, 2007

National tragedy.
Hey man, you don't ignore air dragon because the one after might be fire!

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i think instead of rng dragons should work on a timer where they cycle every 2 minutes once they spawn or something but then you get people arguing with you for rushing to get them the 'loving useless regen dragon' so maybe not

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
Imo just remove the "out of combat" restriction on air dragon or leave it while doubling the effectiveness and it'll be fine

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
servaetes and bond, terrified that graves will haunt them, intentionally avoid being sniped

mostly servaetes tbh

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

The Mattybee posted:

They hate longer periods of lower level stuff more than one huge tear of awful

source: a few 10-game chatbans from me, which all of them I deserved

(i also don't mind the idea of losing free poo poo if i get chatbanned; my issue with the losing the end-of-season rewards from last year was not losing them but being told i could get them and then riot changing their minds)

coming back to this it was like a month long streak, not just like a day or week or something. it was a really bad spot in my life where i was really stressed and mad about everything constantly and i took it out during league instead of with some other alternative like working out or something idk

Endorph posted:

i think instead of rng dragons should work on a timer where they cycle every 2 minutes once they spawn or something but then you get people arguing with you for rushing to get them the 'loving useless regen dragon' so maybe not

idk if you're quoting solo q or something but ell oh ell if you think the water dragon doesn't win you the game as hard as earth dragon

KicksYouInHalf posted:

Hey man, you don't ignore air dragon because the one after might be fire!

actually, i honestly think if air dragon spawns you should just leave it until elder dragon hits. the reasoning for this is that this gives you relative control of the game because if your opponent goes to take the lovely dragon you can jump them since they'll (theoretically) be weaker from taking damage from the dragon. if the dragon is taken, all it means is if you're ahead and the next dragon is like earth or fire or something you're giving the opponents an opportunity to get back in the game, no matter how little of a difference that earth/fire/water dragon buff might actually be since it will be a global stat boost and if the game drag(on)s then its going to matter all the more

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
more dragons gives you a stronger elder dragon though

Gibberish
Sep 17, 2002

by R. Guyovich
lol

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
A good man you might say

Magic Rabbit Hat
Nov 4, 2006

Just follow along if you don't wanna get neutered.
If you leave Ziggs alone in lane for twenty seconds he will destroy everything you own. It owns, he shoves towers faster than ADCs.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
ya know i hate tyler1 but the thing i hate most about him is just how easy it is to not have a lovely mic, and just how aggressively awful his mic is

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
does anyone have any videos of pbe sona?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Luna Was Here posted:

idk if you're quoting solo q or something but ell oh ell if you think the water dragon doesn't win you the game as hard as earth dragon
water dragon is the strongest dragon

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
water is the best element, oh yeah!

also gently caress last hitting as auresol.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Tired Moritz posted:

does anyone have any videos of pbe sona?
they reverted all the changes so it doesn't matter, they were just experimenting with her levers, none of those changes were concrete

quote:

"Hey guys,
So I've pulled the Sona changes for now as we don't want to ship them for 6.10. They're likely to come back however for a future patch
Thank you so much for your testing and feedback.
Things I learned.

Aura size is important. We could likely get away with a small size decrease to trim power, but there's a line that can be crossed at which point the auras become too small and feel unusable.
Q is Sona's primary laning tool and giving it a crazy long CD early makes for a pretty sad laning phase. Like aura sizes, early CD on Q can likely stand a minor nerf but make it too high and Sona starts feeling like she doesn't have anything to do.
E having a higher selfish MS buff is likely good overall for making Sona feel like a more impactful character, especially when most of the rest of her power is in her harder to feel auras. I think opening up Sona's pattern to try things like dodging skill shots, escaping ganks, and chasing/engaging without flash will overall in the long run make her more satisfying and easier to balance.
Need to be careful about changes that would allow Sona to get too tanky, especially in a world where she can move a lot faster. Probably good that she's able to be jumped on and killed when her E and R are down."

Gibberish
Sep 17, 2002

by R. Guyovich
I like how they're literally turning Sona into a champion that does nothing

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Endorph posted:

water dragon is the strongest dragon

nah, earth dragon is way better unless they fixed smite being strengthened by it

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
The best dragon is the dragon you have

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
If I like playing healer/support in PvP and have never played a MOBA before what champion should I try?

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

Robo Reagan posted:

If I like playing healer/support in PvP and have never played a MOBA before what champion should I try?

Blitzcrank

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Welcome to the Fantasy Zone!

Get ready!
Soraka if you want a straight healer, Janna if you want a keep-the-bad-guys-the-gently caress-away-from-your-squishy-guys support, Sona if you want a more aggressive poke-y support with some heal, Nami if you want a heal-y support with some poke, Braum or Leona if you want a beefier support and can trust the guy you are supporting to follow up (hint: they won't), Taric if you want to do a little of all of the above and be fabulous at the same time and Bard if you want to play something exciting that sprung fully-formed from the drug-addled brain of Hayao Miyazaki at the apex of his last opium binge (he's very fun, just very... different. The fact the characters name is Bard does not reflect at all on his role or aesthetic.)

Or Blitzcrank.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

Robo Reagan posted:

Soraka: Best at pure healing
Sona: Strong healer, high damage early, high impact AoE CC ult, support auras
Nami: Strong heal/hurt bouncing ability, very small AoE stun (basically single target), huge range and area AoE CC ult.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Robo Reagan posted:

here's a fairly accurate guide on how difficult the common support champs are to play

it's missing a few off-meta support picks like pantheon, veigar, teemo, and sion but these are the most common champions to run as supports

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
i'm getting kinda bored with league lately. all my champions have been reworked now and the game has changed so much, idk what i'm doing anymore :(

any of you guys playing overwatch? Puritan#2505

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Lovechop posted:

i'm getting kinda bored with league lately. all my champions have been reworked now and the game has changed so much, idk what i'm doing anymore :(

any of you guys playing overwatch? Puritan#2505

Just play Heimerdinger and pretend you're a really good Symmetra :v:

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Taciturn Tactician posted:

Just play Heimerdinger and pretend you're a really good Symmetra :v:

If Heim was half as fun as Symmetra I would only play him.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

having symmetra on my team is the kinda thing that makes me wanna disconnect

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Radical posted:

It will never not be funny to kill tanks with her dumb beam gun because they're distracted by a turret above and behind them. Or below and behind them.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Radical posted:

Symmetra is probably the best defense champ in the game

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial
I got savaged by Renekton as Nautilus top. Used ap/mpen runes. How should I play that matchup?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

renekton wins pretty much all lanes except vs other lane bullies that are even stronger than him. if you're playing a tank or whatever you're usually looking to just farm the lane. generally speaking he wants to push in the lane early to deny you cs and get 2 first, then bounce and freeze when you can't fight him. if he plays right and actually does that you probably need your jungler to help or you need to tp gank bottom and come back top when the freeze breaks.

if you get the push in on him early with riptide (assuming he doesn't try to push hard) he shouldn't win a fight when you have the creep and level advantage you can let it bounce off his tower and ping your jungler to gank after his clear, you have enough cc to make it pretty easy for most popular jungle champs to pick up the kill with you. just make sure you back off after your wave starts to die at his tower and you don't get all-in'd on his side of the map. it should start to slow push so even if you don't play up you won't miss more than a few cs.

in more general terms you're just going to build the armor items everyone builds (sunfire ibg) in this lane and hope their ap champs don't get too out of control since the value cowl isn't as strong now, ideally with mr/level blues since renekton can't punish that build.

• Locked thread