Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ringu0
Feb 24, 2013

Cakefool posted:

It's a cardboard tube.

:doh:

e: content
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJXty_Crf8k

ringu0 has a new favorite as of 21:34 on May 9, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 29 days!
He definitely just ran and told his toddler that mommy peed her pants.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

SpacePig posted:

He died before he could defuse the bomb.

Ah thank you. Didn't realize he was CT and the bomb had been planted. Figured it had ended (like everyone else, apparently) when he killed the guy.

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

1:11 has to be the best "BLYAT!" on youtube.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.
Seen yesterday: A guy riding down the sidewalk on a motorized unicycle.

Enjoyed yesterday: Catching up to the guy a mile down the road, where he'd totally wiped out in an intersection.

JayKay
Sep 11, 2001

And you thought they were cute and cuddly.

SCOTT STERLING!!!

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

Ass, gas, or grass. No one rides for free.

ilmucche posted:

Ah thank you. Didn't realize he was CT and the bomb had been planted. Figured it had ended (like everyone else, apparently) when he killed the guy.

If any of you had bothered to read the article or watch the video, it has nothing to do with the bomb being planted. He threw a molotov (hint, the word molotov was in the friggin' url) at the last person alive on the enemy team before shooting them dead. Right before he got the kill, the other person had managed to shoot him as well, but not enough for the kill. He then accidentally runs over his own molotov and killed himself before he could diffuse the bomb. The bomb never actually goes off, he just killed himself.

Lord Chumley
May 14, 2007

Embrace your destiny.

grumplestiltzkin posted:

If any of you had bothered to read the article or watch the video, it has nothing to do with the bomb being planted. He threw a molotov (hint, the word molotov was in the friggin' url) at the last person alive on the enemy team before shooting them dead. Right before he got the kill, the other person had managed to shoot him as well, but not enough for the kill. He then accidentally runs over his own molotov and killed himself before he could diffuse the bomb. The bomb never actually goes off, he just killed himself.

They would have won if the bomb did not need to be diffused, so he would not have a chance to walk into the fire.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

grumplestiltzkin posted:

He died before the bomb could be defused, so terrorists won. How he died wasn't the mystery, why he lost was.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
It's a boring videogame video and no one cares.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Xy Hapu
Mar 7, 2004

You have to hand it to her, she did keep her shoes from getting wet.

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

I'm guessing the idea of getting in on the other side and sliding across didn't occur to her.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Data Graham posted:

He sure did get proof of him attacking the other guy unprovoked

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

:byewhore:

The schandenfreude is coming from inside the thread.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

JayKay posted:

SCOTT STERLING!!!

THE MAN, THE MYTH, THE LEGEND

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

walrusman
Aug 4, 2006

My town got in on the rail bridge collision party today.

http://democratherald.com/news/local/truck-crashes-into-albany-train-trestle/article_a38de298-3b90-5e12-9393-35a2234bdb3b.html

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Did it knock loose paint off the bridge?

Inco
Apr 3, 2009

I have been working out! My modem is broken and my phone eats half the posts I try to make, including all the posts I've tried to make here. I'll try this one more time.

Platystemon posted:

Did it knock loose paint off the bridge?

More than likely it's bits of truck.

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

freude cause he manages to get out in time :3:

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Inco posted:

More than likely it's bits of truck.

What makes me think it might be the bridge is the way the debris is spread in a line in the first photo, but that might just be perspective at play.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Tony Phillips posted:

From earlier in the thread I assume, but even more similar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECkuV4eDZAE

Comics could practice for decades and not master timing so well.

The one thing about this video and the gif with the bus parking in front of the camera is the way the animals know something's going down before it happens. The dog's going apeshit and the birds in the gif are like 'seeya!' before the building blows.

What's the deal with animals, how do they know?

Aerdan
Apr 14, 2012

Not Dennis NEDry

88h88 posted:

They have better hearing and sense of smell than we puny humans do?

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

88h88 posted:

The one thing about this video and the gif with the bus parking in front of the camera is the way the animals know something's going down before it happens. The dog's going apeshit and the birds in the gif are like 'seeya!' before the building blows.

This may be true for natural disasters due to minute signs before it, but saying they can anticipate demolitions is esotheric bullshit.

The dog went apeshit because of the loud noise just before the building went down.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Lurking Haro posted:

The dog went apeshit because of the loud noise just before the building went down.

I'm being dumb. Watched the video without the sound. Duh. Sorry.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

ekuNNN posted:

freude cause he manages to get out in time :3:

couple of questions here: why is the truck tipping?

and what's with the baby face in the corner :psyduck:

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Naptime!

http://i.imgur.com/KcHkCcN.webm

Edit: oh poo poo, it just keeps going

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CH-byHy5WY

Snowglobe of Doom has a new favorite as of 09:49 on May 10, 2016

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Merijn posted:

The road gives out beneath it.

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003
https://i.imgur.com/8cgfM7v.webm

http://i.imgur.com/xoB1di0.webm

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I want to branch out and I'm going to stick with it.

Merijn posted:

and what's with the baby face in the corner :psyduck:

Because Japan thinks you need to have a face in the corner so that you know the proper way to react to something.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

Wait, are there two women in pink tops in that video? Or is it the same woman who just likes to go limp all the time? As far as I can tell she's told to lie down in the first part of the video, then stays down like a ragdoll for no reason. She's then put on a brancard, then gets up from the brancard to beat on a cop not a minute later. Then the scene from the gif happens and she goes limp again for no reason.

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

Master Twig posted:

Because Japan thinks you need to have a face in the corner so that you know the proper way to react to something.

That's true, but the clip is not from Japan or from Japanese TV either.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Merijn posted:

Wait, are there two women in pink tops in that video? Or is it the same woman who just likes to go limp all the time? As far as I can tell she's told to lie down in the first part of the video, then stays down like a ragdoll for no reason. She's then put on a brancard, then gets up from the brancard to beat on a cop not a minute later. Then the scene from the gif happens and she goes limp again for no reason.

She's one of those fainting goats

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Merijn posted:

Yeah that's exactly what happens. The description says that the mother was the one who got tazed but I'm pretty sure it was her fat son who got hit.

I'm gonna assume that the whole family was passout drunk. The other son is great, I love the part where he starts hitting on the lady cop who's trying to arrest him. Also I'm pretty sure he was the one who yelled WORLD STAR at the end. :v:

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Data Graham posted:

He seemed like an out-of-it old-timer on Space Ghost, but then it turns out apparently he was just playing it up or something, because:

http://www.gq.com/story/buzz-aldrin

This is not admirable behaviour, this is being a loving jackass. Which is par for the course for the astronauts up till maybe the Space Shuttle era. Enormous egos and massive, entitled douchebags. I don't care that he went to the moon. He didn't get there by vitrue of manly derring-do, he and the others got there because they were competent test pilots who already had the requisite security clearances when NASA needed meat cargo for their spaceflight experiments.

Him and the other moonwalkers should be humbled they had such an incredible opportunity, standing on the shoulders of so many. But they were nearly all test fighter pilots, the epitome of swaggering, dick-measuring arseholes over and above that of ordinary fighter pilots.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Okay, but what do you really think of him?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

yeah yeah, you've gone to the moon, but what have you ever done for me

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

Hyperlynx posted:

This is not admirable behaviour, this is being a loving jackass. Which is par for the course for the astronauts up till maybe the Space Shuttle era. Enormous egos and massive, entitled douchebags. I don't care that he went to the moon. He didn't get there by vitrue of manly derring-do, he and the others got there because they were competent test pilots who already had the requisite security clearances when NASA needed meat cargo for their spaceflight experiments.

Him and the other moonwalkers should be humbled they had such an incredible opportunity, standing on the shoulders of so many. But they were nearly all test fighter pilots, the epitome of swaggering, dick-measuring arseholes over and above that of ordinary fighter pilots.

Boy howdy, that sure is an edge you've got going there :emo:

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Hyperlynx posted:

Did one of them punch you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Merijn posted:

It's not really for no reason, it's to make it look like she's been badly hurt by the cop. It's not that uncommon a tactic, to get tapped and go completely limp like you're knocked out.