Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?

MechaSeinfeld posted:

For real? I always figured it was hell tropical all the time. Shows what I know.

I want that owl tho. I guess I'll have to rebuy a ds after all.

Yeah, at the summit of the mountains, like Haleakala.

Starters own, professor owns, legendaries own, pokemon-hawaii owns. Hopefully we'll get to visit the other islands, I want to see pokemon Maui.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

Geostomp posted:

It doesn't help itself much, but it's hardly the worst type. Grass/Fighting had a harder time, but did very well. That owl is kind of boned against Steel.

Fingers crossed it can learn moves that aren't Grass, Normal, or Flying-type.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

VaultAggie posted:

Yeah, at the summit of the mountains, like Haleakala.

Haleakala never fuckin snows anymore, but Mauna Kea still gets plenty :eng101:

Hardcordion
Feb 5, 2008

BARK BARK BARK

MechaSeinfeld posted:

Not-Hawaii is cool an all, but where will all the ice Pokemon be at. where will I get an abomasnow

Well it's not like there's a desert in the middle of real-world New York.

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

Crosspeice posted:

It sounds like the PC is from another region. Due to their real world closeness, I wouldn't be surprised if it was Unova.

Hawaii is closer to Japan than New York

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
both legendaries look bad and the only starter i even sorta like is the grass owl

and i'm still gonna prob buy it cause i'm retarded

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Crosspeice posted:

Due to their real world closeness

[puts hand on you're shoulder] i have something to tell you ......

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I was a bit harsh on the seal earlier, it's not quite as bad as Oshawott.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

I like that you could see the framerate drop when the moon legendary used its attack

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

lol the japanese trailer is so good

also popplio is trash all popplio pickers leave

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

majormonotone posted:

oddium posted:

[puts hand on you're shoulder] i have something to tell you ......

I need to go back to geography class and stop thinking of Cuba :bang:

But it's only 800 miles difference, so it's kinda close??? Ah, whatever.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

The boy trainer is probably the most boring one yet, and the girl looks dumb. Both the professors are awesome though.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I am picking the Owl but hoping it doesn't become an Eagle or something like how Oshawott becomes a whatever the gently caress Samurott is.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Crosspeice posted:

I need to go back to geography class and stop thinking of Cuba :bang:

But it's only 800 miles difference, so it's kinda close??? Ah, whatever.

Welcome to the most geographically isolated population center in the world. It's more likely somewhere from Japan though, considering the population demographics and tourism.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Josuke Higashikata posted:

I am picking the Owl but hoping it doesn't become an Eagle or something like how Oshawott becomes a whatever the gently caress Samurott is.

An otter/sea lion/samurai?

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

Josuke Higashikata posted:

So you don't want it to be a badass like Samurott was?

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Totes picking that fire tiger. Fire tiger is adorable.

Also most people I've talked to want Moon, so I guess I'll pick Sun and be the provider of the version exclusives.

All the starters are cool and cute this time around. I wasn't fond of the sea lion at first, but he's growing on me. But seriously, fire tiger is my jam.

Christo posted:

You know, I think this time around I'm going to actively avoid spoiling most of the new pokemon so that I can discover them in game. I don't think I've had a "what is THAT?" moment since the Red and Blue days. Now that Game Freak has revealed the starters and box legendaries, I guess that's my cue to unbookmark this thread. See you in November, folks.

I did this for X and Y and honestly it ended up being less fun. Plus I had to do a lot of catching up with the new breeding mechanics and whatnot.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

if the fire cat becomes a fire tiger, it might beat the owl. good luck to both of them, i say

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

So you don't want it to be a badass like Samurott was?

I want it to retain its core design somewhat while being badass like, say, Totodile > Feraligatr

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Samurott is the worst final evo. He looks like a kid took a wad of playdoh and smashed action figure accessories into it.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

The professors are Professor Kukui and Professor Hala.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

pokemon leprosy island

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

finally a way to get pokerus in game

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Oh hey the Australian release is the same as everywhere else and since it's the same PAL region as Europe, you can just order the games and get it the same time as everyone else instead of waiting five days because gently caress you.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
All of those starters are awesome but I still need to see the final evolution to decide which to pick. Chespin's first form is awesome but he eventually evolves into stupid idiot who looks like he can barely move his arms. You will not trick me, Nintendo. I want the owl though

Finally they revealed the legendaries so I know which version to pick now that I see which one is obviously better. Though it's kind of weird Nintendo doesn't want to sell very many copies of the Sun version

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

https://twitter.com/kora_pressstart/status/730016985266933760

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Samurott is the worst final evo. He looks like a kid took a wad of playdoh and smashed action figure accessories into it.

Nah he's the only redeeming part of that evolutionary line. Gen V starters were trash in general.

These guys are awesome though, especially Litten and Rowlet.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

mabels big day posted:

Professor Hala.

i loving hate the lauhala

look at this loving tree, it drops like a hundred loving fronds a day and they are barbed as gently caress. it is the worst of trees

I like the water starter though, water sealdog is deffo my poo poo

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Litten is adorable and I can't wait to explore Not-Hawaii with him.

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Who's the cat next door living in the haunted mansion.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

All the starters look adorable, but the final form is what matters so I'm going to avoid getting to attached to any of them before seeing what they'll eventually become.

The girl trainer has the stupidest hat I could have imagined.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
hey stop talking poo poo about emboar thanks

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Crosspeice posted:

Oh hey the Australian release is the same as everywhere else and since it's the same PAL region as Europe, you can just order the games and get it the same time as everyone else instead of waiting five days because gently caress you.

Shipping from Australia to Europe would take longer than five days though.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

majormonotone posted:

in the dark timeline that is the pokemon games, japan world ww2 (in a pokemon duel) and invaded hawaii

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Kid immediately declared Litten and Sun legendary for her so I guess I'll use the owl on moon because gently caress clowns forever.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Deified Data posted:

Nah he's the only redeeming part of that evolutionary line.

it's here... the worst pokeopinion...

Poop Cupcake
Dec 31, 2005

There was a conspicuous lack of any cute starters following the player character :geno:

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Poop Cupcake posted:

There was a conspicuous lack of any cute starters following the player character :geno:

let it go, this world was too good for this feature.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Hey, feel free to make over 800+ 3D models of every single following Pokemon in 16 directions, as well as animations and pathing and all that. It would be a ridiculous amount of work for such a small feature and it's not surprising in the least it hasn't returned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
At first glance I was picking Litten but I might pick the Seal now.

Oshawott is the loving worst and all the B/W starters and their evos suck except for Snivy

• Locked thread