Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Vivian Darkbloom posted:

Oh my. There are a few extra ideas, nbd:

but then there is a tobleronetriangular interface for adding them

what the hell is colour related to? it isn't required monarch power apparently, since humanist and culture are green but require adm/dip.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alikchi
Aug 18, 2010

Thumbs up I agree

Oh my god barrfffffffff

I Love Annie May
Oct 10, 2012

Vivian Darkbloom posted:

I'm the Communist Manifesto.

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

Vivian Darkbloom posted:

how does that even work, i'm so confused

and why does the timeline presumably go into the mid nineteenth century? how are they supposed to represent industrialisation? what is going on?

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

ThePutty posted:

how does that even work, i'm so confused

and why does the timeline presumably go into the mid nineteenth century? how are they supposed to represent industrialisation? what is going on?

MEIOU and Taxes is a merger of EU3 mod MEIOU and EU3 mod Death and Taxes. MEIOU did all sorts of insane poo poo in terms of turning the details on a lot of stuff in the game up to 11, and Death and Taxes was about two things, making modifiers for stuff matter more and extending the timeline to cover Victoria. Why they merged with EU4's release I'm not sure; having a single bigger team might help keep the mod updated and developed I guess. In either case the end result is, well, this.

Defeatist Elitist
Jun 17, 2012

I've got a carbon fixation.

So I'm crossposting here because I found an interesting bug (and perhaps to do some subtle advertising):

quote:

Ah, glorious Austria! Here is our capital, clearly shown under the direct control of the administration, and not any estates!

Of course, the Nobility don't pay particular heed to the letter of the law, and have proudly declared themselves to have 100% control of our nation. This has led to them becoming disloyal?

This has led to them deciding they have such a great influence in our nation that they should launch a coup.

The clergy, while not as influential, have decided that they greatly desire 10% of my single province.

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

YF-23 posted:

MEIOU and Taxes is a merger of EU3 mod MEIOU and EU3 mod Death and Taxes. MEIOU did all sorts of insane poo poo in terms of turning the details on a lot of stuff in the game up to 11, and Death and Taxes was about two things, making modifiers for stuff matter more and extending the timeline to cover Victoria. Why they merged with EU4's release I'm not sure; having a single bigger team might help keep the mod updated and developed I guess. In either case the end result is, well, this.

I wonder if any of it works from a gameplay perspective? I mean I find MEIOU & Taxes unplayable because of the flags alone, but in theory...

Mountaineer
Aug 29, 2008

Imagine a rod breaking on a robot face - forever
I've started a First Come, First Serve run recently. It's almost 1500 and because I'm Western I can see what's been happening in Europe. Portugal got eaten by Morocco and Castile is getting repeatedly stomped by France. I know the strategy for this achievement requires letting other nations colonize a lot so you can conquer their colonies, so is this run ruined by the two biggest colonizers being taken out of the picture? Or is it likely other nations will pick up the slack?

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Vivian Darkbloom posted:

I wonder if any of it works from a gameplay perspective? I mean I find MEIOU & Taxes unplayable because of the flags alone, but in theory...

in EUIII it made the game unbearable.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Vivian Darkbloom posted:

This looks pretty neat imho.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

It would've looked better if the chart had any sensible structure at all. I can barely tell what the hierarchy of ideas is there because every section of it is so disjointed going whatever direction it feels like.

Vivian Darkbloom posted:

My laptop is pretty old but can still run regular EU4 well enough, and M&T loving destroys it, multiple seconds for each turn to process. There's a bunch of cool stuff I want to see how they play out, like EU4's version of Dei Gratia (which has been included in MEIOU since forever), but I personally found it impossible to explore due to performance.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

YF-23 posted:

It would've looked better if the chart had any sensible structure at all. I can barely tell what the hierarchy of ideas is there because every section of it is so disjointed going whatever direction it feels like.

My laptop is pretty old but can still run regular EU4 well enough, and M&T loving destroys it, multiple seconds for each turn to process. There's a bunch of cool stuff I want to see how they play out, like EU4's version of Dei Gratia (which has been included in MEIOU since forever), but I personally found it impossible to explore due to performance.
Dei Gratia is also a stand-alone mod though.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

I don't know why, but though I've thought about it a couple of times I've never tried DG on its own. I used to play MEIOU back in the EU3 days and I guess I didn't want to meet halfway? I might look into it again, though with Stellaris coming out...

Redchaostry
Nov 27, 2008
Anyone have a good tutorial for breaking into the HRE? I'm not sure how the hell I am suppose to expand as France into the HRE with everyone allied with everyone.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Mountaineer posted:

I've started a First Come, First Serve run recently. It's almost 1500 and because I'm Western I can see what's been happening in Europe. Portugal got eaten by Morocco and Castile is getting repeatedly stomped by France. I know the strategy for this achievement requires letting other nations colonize a lot so you can conquer their colonies, so is this run ruined by the two biggest colonizers being taken out of the picture? Or is it likely other nations will pick up the slack?

I just played a game where Castille and Aragon were eaten by France pretty early on and there were a lot of French, English, and Dutch colonies popping up all over. I'm guessing it's easier to have nations with colony bonuses creating the colonies but you're probably pretty safe to assume that other big European powers will come to the new world one way or another

Xii
Dec 27, 2011

Only the coldest prevail.

YF-23 posted:

I don't know why, but though I've thought about it a couple of times I've never tried DG on its own. I used to play MEIOU back in the EU3 days and I guess I didn't want to meet halfway? I might look into it again, though with Stellaris coming out...

I've been playing this to get my grand strategy fix before Stellaris comes out.

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Guerilla war struggle is a new entertainment.
Fallen Rib

Redchaostry posted:

Anyone have a good tutorial for breaking into the HRE? I'm not sure how the hell I am suppose to expand as France into the HRE with everyone allied with everyone.

Either ally with the Emperor and go hogwild, or attach allies to the HRE minors you want to eat. Beware of AE though.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Star posted:

Either ally with the Emperor and go hogwild, or attach allies to the HRE minors you want to eat. Beware of AE though.

I don't think that first one works, last time I played France (... 6 months ago?) attacking an HRE member while allied with the emperor still brought the emperor in as a defender. You can't even do the trick where you attack a different target together and then attack an HRE member. e: And the emperor never bothered calling me in while he was attacking minors, so I couldn't snag territory that way, either

Attacking allies to HRE minors is a safe way to break in though, and if you can overpower the emperor then you can just go crazy.

QuarkJets fucked around with this message at 23:22 on May 8, 2016

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

QuarkJets posted:

I don't think that first one works, last time I played France (... 6 months ago?) attacking an HRE member while allied with the emperor still brought the emperor in as a defender. You can't even do the trick where you attack a different target together and then attack an HRE member. e: And the emperor never bothered calling me in while he was attacking minors, so I couldn't snag territory that way, either

Attacking allies to HRE minors is a safe way to break in though, and if you can overpower the emperor then you can just go crazy.

Yeah, you want the alliance to the emperor so that he/she doesn't demand unlawful territory, though. The worst part about trying to take on the emperor is that they call in all of their allies as well. If some tiny state becomes emperor (seems to randomly happen) then definitely go to town.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Yeah when Austria is the emperor you basically have to be France, Spain, or Ottomans (possibly Poland-Lithuania?) in order to take them down. If Austria turns down the Hungary PU then it may be easier

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.

Happy 420 Day, remember to tell your 420 that you love her!

I loved D&T in eu3 so I'm so jumping on this m&t bandwagon like whoa. I tried to give it a short blind test run with the d&t poster child, now known as THE EMPIRE OF ROMANS in M&T from the start but the new changes are pretty overwhelming. Not too overbearing though and interesting enough that I would want to try a deeper look with a less unstable country.

Chump Farts
May 9, 2009

There is no Coordinator but Narduzzi, and Shilique is his Prophet.
Unless you and Austria are bff's and so you don't want to shatter the alliance. In my France game I REALLY wish I took humanist. Britain and Ireland, Scotland, and Italy want NO part of my empire. Taking Denmark and moving into Super Sweden sounds like more rebellions with more fleet action required.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

Your last played date is a week too late :colbert:

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender

Wafflecopper posted:

Your last played date is a week too late :colbert:

4/20 happens 365 days of the year, friend.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe

Vivian Darkbloom posted:

I shouldn't but I actually find this interesting, not sure if it would be really good for the game to have the Ideas in a tree like form and have them so specialized. I could see a matrix like system working, where you unlock individual ideas instead of ideas in a group, you could still have good ideas gated behind crappy ones.

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

I'm just missing an "Arts and Culture" idea group in the base game, really.

Obliterati
Nov 13, 2012

Pain is inevitable.
Suffering is optional.
Thunderdome is forever.
So normally I post here about how multiplayer is great, and for a change of pace I'm now posting abou how multiplayer is great!

I am running an SSLP of our current game, on a four-week delay so I can talk about all my evil plans and how the plans of thirty other goons conflict with them. Updates biweekly. Come for the schemes, stay for the revolving door of French players.

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

Tahirovic posted:

I shouldn't but I actually find this interesting, not sure if it would be really good for the game to have the Ideas in a tree like form and have them so specialized. I could see a matrix like system working, where you unlock individual ideas instead of ideas in a group, you could still have good ideas gated behind crappy ones.

I don't think it's necessarily a bad idea, though gating idea groups like that is pretty different from EU4's design so it seems difficult to do well in a mod. But besides the nightmare diagram for how the ideas all work together I think it could be interesting, yeah.

James The 1st
Feb 23, 2013
How's the latest patch/DLC? I have been playing 1.15 since I haven't bought the new DLC.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

New espionage system is really good

People got all pissy about Corruption but then many realized that it's not such a big deal (it hurts non-Western nations more but even then it's generally not an issue)

People got all pissy about States and Territories but then many realized that it's actually a pretty elegant way of getting to choose which provinces become "distant overseas". It can be a bit hard to manage in huge sprawling empires (because the States and Territories map mode only has 2 colors, so you can't determine territory borders and whether or not a region is a state or territory at the same time, leads to some trial-and-error clicking around). Territory borders are decided geographically, which is somewhat historical but some people dislike it for whatever reason.

Sailors are pretty irrelevant most of the time but if you have some serious naval competitors then they can be important.

Naval combat width isn't really explained in-game anywhere but is a thing

That's all of the non-DLC free patch stuff that I can think of, overall I think the game is better off with these changes, especially the new espionage system. Fabricating has never been easier and is technically faster on average

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

You can click the state and territory map mode multiple times to cycle between states or not and seeing the various territories. I noticed that by accident when missclicking.

super fart shooter
Feb 11, 2003

-quacka fat-
1.17 patch is out.

quote:

Added Humiliate Rival Casus Belli which will now always be available towards rival countries, allowing you to humiliate, Show strength, release cores and countries but not directly demand provinces.

Looks like it's got a "take capital" wargoal, but no cost reduction. But "show strength" is a peace term that costs 100 warscore, costs the loser 20 prestige, and gives the winner 100 of each monarch power, plus the same power projection effects as humiliate. Is that a new peace term? I don't think I've seen that before

super fart shooter fucked around with this message at 16:09 on May 11, 2016

Sorced
Nov 5, 2009

super fart shooter posted:

1.17 patch is out.

Looks like it's got a "take capital" wargoal, but no cost reduction. But "show strength" is a peace term that costs 100 warscore, costs the loser 20 prestige, and gives the winner 100 of each monarch power, plus the same power projection effects as humiliate. Is that a new peace term? I don't think I've seen that before

Show strength was the peace term of the weird humiliate cb between bordering native american opms. I don't think it ever had a real use.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

quote:

- Added some more dynamic province names in modern Slovakia.
e:

quote:

- Polish event 3481 The Royal Struggle, will now create a regency council instead of an 18 year old man known as "(The Sejm)".

PleasingFungus fucked around with this message at 16:47 on May 11, 2016

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
*in polish voice* I am the Sejm

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

quote:

- Rebels that break free now get an alliance and +200 opinion modifier with the (if any) country that supported them.

I don't remember what the old threshold was, but this makes it a lot easier to instantly vassal a splinter state if you play your cards right :getin:

quote:

- Arabia no longer formable for countries with Turkish primary culture.

:rip: Ottoman Arabia, 2016-2016 :smith:

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.
wow this patch snuck up out of nowhere.

quote:

- Culture & Religion changes on colonisation are now possible if all natives are dead, or if non-western.

That's pretty cool, re-buff for Asian and African teams.

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!

super fart shooter posted:

1.17 patch is out.

This owns btw, wanna farm me up some tech.

Chump Farts
May 9, 2009

There is no Coordinator but Narduzzi, and Shilique is his Prophet.

RabidWeasel posted:

This owns btw, wanna farm me up some tech.

So is that like Vicky where you can beat small countries out of your rivals forever? Forcing France to release Occitania was extremely my poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moreau
Jul 26, 2009

How do alliances work these days? I'm playing the Ottomans and I don't think I've had a single alliance partner ever honour the alliance. Is there any point for a human nation to take on alliances? How does the AI alliance system work?

• Locked thread