Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

literally a fish posted:

Maybe I'll drown and get a swimming pool named after me

How does a fish drown? This whole page confuses me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Anyobe drive the new turbo Mustang yet?

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

meatpimp posted:

How does a fish drown? This whole page confuses me.

If it held it's breath would it drown or suffocate?

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Anyobe drive the new turbo Mustang yet?

Not read about any mass pedestrian deaths so I'd guess no?

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

literally a fish posted:

Maybe I'll drown and get a swimming pool named after me

Yeah right, you are going to be taken by the Chinese in a sub off Portsea.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

literally a fish posted:

Yeah :( I get to move up to purees on friday. This part is the worst, but also the best for losing weight so I guess it cancels out???

My god do I have to drink a lot of protein shakes. I'm starting to wonder if I even lift, bro.

i lift myself out of chairs and stuff i guess :v:

The protein shakes are to keep what muscle mass you have while the rest of you disintegrates I'd imagine. Everyone should lift a thing though, I've caught myself looking forward to going home to the gym while I'm at work. poo poo's weird.

Cakefool posted:

Not read about any mass pedestrian deaths so I'd guess no?

:v:

Siochain
May 24, 2005

"can they get rid of any humans who are fans of shitheads like Kanye West, 50 Cent, or any other piece of crap "artist" who thinks they're all that?

And also get rid of anyone who has posted retarded shit on the internet."

KozmoNaut posted:

If I couldn't manage to control my food intake and exercise semi-regularly, I would probably just kill myself. loving hell.

loving surgery to force yourself to eat less, man. The 21st century is some crazy-rear end poo poo.

Going to be polite about this here, but weight loss is a LOT loving harder than some people seem to think. I'm fighting that demon still. I've been at the point where surgery would have been an option, but that was 10+ years ago. Even now, watching what I eat and exercising at least semi-regularly, I fight with my weight. I'm active, and in better shape than most people my size, but I'm still a big mother-fucker. LaF went and did something for himself to improve his situation. If he doesn't keep watching what he eats and start exercising, it won't help (a ton). But, if he does, its a kick-rear end headstart, and I'm rooting for him.

In other news, I'm about ready to start loving making GBS threads all over people on Facebook. For those not in the know, a huge wildfire has threatened (and done a lot of damage to) the Northern Alberta city of Fort Macmurray, which is the heart of the oilsands. Its been nuts - almost 100,000 people evacuated. Only 2 fatalities, and those were to an MVA. People and companies have come together with a huge outpouring of support for the evacuees - donations, housing, etc. Its been amazing. But then there are people who are being political shitlords about it, making GBS threads all over our current PM and the Premier of Alberta. Both of whom have done an amazing job - yes, there are valid criticisms, but people keep sharing bullshit facebook memes that even 2 minutes of googling prove false. I'm loving sick of people who spout poo poo about "being enlightened", all the while missing all of the info.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Siochain posted:

But then there are people who are being political shitlords about it, making GBS threads all over our current PM and the Premier of Alberta. Both of whom have done an amazing job - yes, there are valid criticisms, but people keep sharing bullshit facebook memes that even 2 minutes of googling prove false. I'm loving sick of people who spout poo poo about "being enlightened", all the while missing all of the info.
My favourite part was when Ezra Levant collected money to give to charity, then gave that money to charity and said it came from him.

If I had a nickel for every unemployed oil worker who has blamed Trudeau or Notley at a party for them no longer being able to make six figures with a high school education in a sub-$40/bbl environment I'd probably have enough to pay for their strong, independent, self-sufficient welfare.

It's just part of living in Alberta: people from outside of Alberta come here, claim to be true Albertans, and then immediately demand to not have to pay any taxes to the province they now love. Sometimes those people become the Prime Minister.

Seat Safety Switch fucked around with this message at 14:46 on May 10, 2016

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Siochain posted:

Going to be polite about this here, but weight loss is a LOT loving harder than some people seem to think. I'm fighting that demon still. I've been at the point where surgery would have been an option, but that was 10+ years ago. Even now, watching what I eat and exercising at least semi-regularly, I fight with my weight. I'm active, and in better shape than most people my size, but I'm still a big mother-fucker. LaF went and did something for himself to improve his situation. If he doesn't keep watching what he eats and start exercising, it won't help (a ton). But, if he does, its a kick-rear end headstart, and I'm rooting for him.

Wasn't there a lot of talk in the last thread about AI folks getting on their bikes and getting fit?

epic bird guy
Dec 9, 2014

spog posted:

Wasn't there a lot of talk in the last thread about AI folks getting on their bikes and getting fit?

Not really that I remember, but springtime brings out the bike chat a lot. Bikes are awesome and everyone should have one.

Springtime also brings out bike haters but I'm pretty sure that if you hate bikes you hate fun.

Jared592
Jan 23, 2003
JARED NUMBERS: BACK IN ACTION

Siochain posted:

[...] I'm about ready to start loving making GBS threads all over people on Facebook. [...]

I know this is a crazy idea but hear me out: Have you considered....not logging in to Facebook?

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

As a wise philosopher once said: just walk away from the screen and, like, close your eyes.

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

Jared592 posted:

I know this is a crazy idea but hear me out: Have you considered....not logging in to Facebook?

C'mon.. That'd be way too sensible..

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Jared592 posted:

I'm not sure whats more insufferable....

People that post 'wrong' things on the internet/facebook...Or the people that have to point out that people are posting the 'wrong' thing on the internet/facebook. But in the end, nothing you say to the person posting the 'wrong' thing will EVER change their mind. And if I poo poo all over the people that had a different attitude or opinion about something as me, I probably wouldn't have any/many friends much less be married.

There's a hint of irony or double entendre or something somewhere in there...

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

He's just frustrated and venting. No need to soap box it up.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Siochain posted:

I'm only saying it because I used to be a fat bastard, and the only thing that worked was to pull myself together and stop lying to myself about my calorie and sugar intake, and go hard on the exercise.

Now I'm just a bastard :v:

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Siochain posted:

Unless you have a medical or physical problem losing weight is pretty easy, especially the bigger you are. (until you get to a non-mobile state, then it gets tougher)

I've lost over 25 pounds since Feb 1st. It could've been more, but I still partake in weed and too much pizza every other week or so. You should be exercising more than "semi-regularly" if you're serious about loosing weight.

Incoming Commiegir "my thoughts about gym chat" in 3,2,

KozmoNaut posted:

I'm only saying it because I used to be a fat bastard, and the only thing that worked was to pull myself together and stop lying to myself about my calorie and sugar intake, and go hard on the exercise.

Yup.

A fitting quote:

Henry Rollins posted:

When the Iron doesn't want to come off the mat, it's the kindest thing it can do for you. If it flew up and went through the ceiling, it wouldn't teach you anything. That's the way the Iron talks to you. It tells you that the material you work with is that which you will come to resemble.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Henry Rollins posted:

When the Iron doesn't want to come off the mat, it's the kindest thing it can do for you. If it flew up and went through the ceiling, it wouldn't teach you anything. That's the way the Iron talks to you. It tells you that the material you work with is that which you will come to resemble.

:barf:

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
What a crazy loon, that Rollins.

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

Who could be scared of a Jeffrey?
I have an ungodly amount of dead trees to pull down and process into firewood. If you guys want to lose weight you can come do that. We can even call it crossfit if you like.

I'll even provide the light beer and salad.

Siochain
May 24, 2005

"can they get rid of any humans who are fans of shitheads like Kanye West, 50 Cent, or any other piece of crap "artist" who thinks they're all that?

KozmoNaut posted:

Nah, hahah. I was a MUCH fatter bastard, and I lost a ton of it. I used to be 450lb, got down to 220-225'ish, then University happened. "Stabilized" around 300, and I'm working back down from there.

Cage posted:

Unless you have a medical or physical problem losing weight is pretty easy, especially the bigger you are. (until you get to a non-mobile state, then it gets tougher)

I've lost over 25 pounds since Feb 1st. It could've been more, but I still partake in weed and too much pizza every other week or so. You should be exercising more than "semi-regularly" if you're serious about loosing weight.

See above. I've lost a ton. I'm down about 30-40 from where I was last year. And that's including falling off the wagon once or twice and not doing poo poo for 2-3 months at a time. Depressions a hell of a thing :/

Tide posted:

I'm not sure whats more insufferable....

People that post 'wrong' things on the internet/facebook...Or the people that have to point out that people are posting the 'wrong' thing on the internet/facebook. But in the end, nothing you say to the person posting the 'wrong' thing will EVER change their mind. And if I poo poo all over the people that had a different attitude or opinion about something as me, I probably wouldn't have any/many friends much less be married.

There's a hint of irony or double entendre or something somewhere in there...

I'm mostly just venting. Its more frustrating to me when its people I know are actually smart, but aren't taking more than 3 seconds before just hitting "Share" on bullshit. But, yes, irony indeed hahah. Not trying to be insufferable, just blowing some steam here so I don't do it where people actually get offended by poo poo.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Noise Complaint posted:

I have an ungodly amount of dead trees to pull down and process into firewood. If you guys want to lose weight you can come do that. We can even call it crossfit if you like.

Actually liquor + 0 calorie drinks is the way to go. And iceburg lettuce is poo poo for you and is basically junk food after you add cheese and dressing and whatever else.

Buy some vodka and beef jerky and I will swing by.

Siochain posted:

Nah, hahah. I was a MUCH fatter bastard, and I lost a ton of it. I used to be 450lb, got down to 220-225'ish, then University happened. "Stabilized" around 300, and I'm working back down from there.

See above. I've lost a ton. I'm down about 30-40 from where I was last year. And that's including falling off the wagon once or twice and not doing poo poo for 2-3 months at a time. Depressions a hell of a thing :/
Nice job!

I hear you on the depression though, if you're not 100% into it you won't get anywhere.

Cage fucked around with this message at 15:58 on May 10, 2016

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Noise Complaint posted:

I think I might do this but I console myself with the knowledge you are nowhere near me.

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

Cage posted:

Actually liquor + 0 calorie drinks is the way to go. And iceburg lettuce is poo poo for you and is basically junk food after you add cheese and dressing and whatever else.

Buy some vodka and beef jerky and I will swing by.

Handle of Sobieski and endless bottles from the Sodastream. Got it. Come to NEAI on August 20th.

Seriously though, if you guys have wooded area, maintain that poo poo, don't let it turn into a tinder box.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Noise Complaint posted:

Seriously though, if you guys have wooded area, maintain that poo poo, don't let it turn into a tinder box.

The oil leaks around my property are now so dense that it has actually become impossible to ignite except via compression ignition.

I chased some motherfucker from Shell off last week when he was trying to set up a pump jack on my front lawn.

Siochain
May 24, 2005

Cage posted:

Nice job!

I hear you on the depression though, if you're not 100% into it you won't get anywhere.

Thanks. Its a constant fight, but, I'm slowly winning. Summer's easier, I enjoy working outdoors. Winters harder. But, I just keep trying.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

Nubile Hillock posted:

Thanks for the info/opinions on my stupid OBD2 thoughts. I know it's impractical and in all measures leaves the car worse off performance wise, but it seems like there are a few cases where one could make some money if it was possible. I live in a place where cars are way more expensive than they should be and rust is a huge issue. There are a few mkII Jettas and other mid 90s euro cars floating around for not too much money, but they need all the electronic bits fixed. I know the sensors aren't too expensive but getting the fuckers off can be almost impossible. Especially cam position sensors and the air flow one past the cat. It would actually be quicker to replace the sensors with electronics, drop in a carbureted top end and sell it to some drift kid at a markup because ~linear throttle response~.

No. Just no.

I could go into great detail and write for two hours or I can tell you that your approach is wrong, attacking the wrong problem, and coming up with the wrong solution. And it would probably end in an angry rant because most people (not saying you're one of them) who want to do this are god drat idiots and I hate interacting with them at all, as it leaves me dumber every time. That being said, I did say some poo poo about coming up with a decent automotive drivetrain/chassis electronics thread a while ago and I still aint done poo poo, so maybe I'll roll a decent description of how most of this works into that.

Jared592
Jan 23, 2003

Siochain posted:

Thanks. Its a constant fight, but, I'm slowly winning. Summer's easier, I enjoy working outdoors. Winters harder. But, I just keep trying.

I hear ya buddy. Whether placebo or not, taking Vitamin D supplements seems to help me with the winter.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Cage posted:

And iceburg lettuce is poo poo for you and is basically junk food after you add cheese and dressing and whatever else.

That's nearly the dumbest thing I've read all day.

Rice is junk food after you add cheese and sauce and whatever else.

Ice is junk food after you add cheese and sauce and whatever else.

An empty plate is junk food after you know what forget it.

Jared592
Jan 23, 2003

Cakefool posted:

"only 35 calories"

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Cakefool posted:

Tbh what you said is pretty dumb too. Plain rice tastes delicious and no one eats ice by itself just like no one eats plain lettuce by itself. I'm just saying iceberg lettuce has no nutritional value.

Cage fucked around with this message at 16:58 on May 10, 2016

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Cakefool posted:

iceberg lettuce is cheap garbage, it's low in calories and nutrient-deficient and almost every way it's served is with a fuckload of bad calories from dressing and bacon and other bad decisions.

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

Where did iceberg lettuce come from anyway? I don't even feed that to my rabbits.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Look forget the food just make sure you got liquor.

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

Cage posted:

Look forget the food just make sure you got liquor.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Ahh good. So in addition to being told to fill in for the manager and doing my own job for the week leading up to a complete process change where we need to clear out as much poo poo as possible, and being told to trial this process with zero instructions on how it works, I'm now being micromanaged on how to manage via email. :fuckoff:

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Cage posted:

Tbh what you said is pretty dumb too. Plain rice tastes delicious and no one eats ice by itself just like no one eats plain lettuce by itself. I'm just saying iceberg lettuce has no nutritional value.

Saying it's junk food because of what you put on it is dumb. No it's not a fad "super food" but it contains vit A, K and fibre. You might eat plain rice and think it's delicious but others don't, just like some people think lettuce by itself is nice.

Why the gently caress am I defending lettuce on the internet?

E: just to be sure I'm replacing lettuce in my diet with whisky.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Superfood? You mean steak?

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
Pizza, you fool. Pizza is the superfood.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Cakefool posted:

Saying it's junk food because of what you put on it is dumb. No it's not a fad "super food" but it contains vit A, K and fibre. You might eat plain rice and think it's delicious but others don't, just like some people think lettuce by itself is nice.

Why the gently caress am I defending lettuce on the internet?

E: just to be sure I'm replacing lettuce in my diet with whisky.
You have to eat 7 cups of it to get as much protein as a medium egg. 99% of the time when iceberg lettuce is eaten its super unhealthy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

epic bird guy
Dec 9, 2014

If you like lettuce there are several varieties that taste better (subjective) and are far more nutritious (objective) than iceberg. You're basically paying for a ball of crunchy water.

• Locked thread