Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

All of those games are better than FF 12 anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Mr. Fortitude posted:

No, you'll get Final Fantasy Dimensions instead and you will LIKE it.
And Tactics and I&II and Chrono Trigger & Chrono Cross and Bravely Default & Bravely Second. Plus all the Dragon Quest games. You'll get every possible game released that isn't XII IZJS HD.

Actually this would be cool too if they didn't botch the games that would need to be totally remade. Just as long they throw in Live A Live as well.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Sakurazuka posted:

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA

Sakurazuka posted:

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time

AlphaKretin posted:

Just as long they throw in Live A Live as well.
Why do you taunt me with things I will never have :negative:

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

At last, fans of Final Fantasy II.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
At least 2 is short

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

AlphaKretin posted:

Ok now 12 IZJS HD has to be their next remake/port project. Right? Right? :ohdear:

Actually, it's been awhile since they remade FF4, so maybe they'll do that again?

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

Why do you taunt me with things I will never have :negative:

honestly an official square translation probably wouldn't be as good as the classy a f fan translation we have these days

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

alcharagia posted:

honestly an official square translation probably wouldn't be as good as the classy a f fan translation we have these days

This is true but the actual gameplay, while very good, has some quite noticable flaws that are mostly an artifact of age. It's perfect for a remake.

Unrelated, I can't find a single goddamn Chocograph in the Lagoon. :saddowns:

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
FFX/X-2 already? I haven't finished FFIX yet!

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Has there been any word on why Final Fantasy I and II haven't come to Steam yet? I find it odd that we're about to have an unbroken string of games from III through XI available, but the two that got ported to every platform under the sun for a while there are getting skipped.

turdbucket
Oct 30, 2011
The worst part about X-2 was that lovely song puzzle just before fighting one of the final bosses, I died and didn't want to redo the puzzle so I just never finished the game.

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

Doc Morbid posted:

Yeah, as long as you know Mega Death is coming and prepare for it, Yunalesca is not a hard fight and certainly nowhere near as tough as Seymour Flux or even Sanctuary Keeper.

All 3 of them are basically the same difficulty, they just all have rules to them that you need to adjust to. Yunalesca is just a bit more notable because her gimmick involves instadeath which has to be avoided with non-obvious setup.

jivjov posted:

Has there been any word on why Final Fantasy I and II haven't come to Steam yet? I find it odd that we're about to have an unbroken string of games from III through XI available, but the two that got ported to every platform under the sun for a while there are getting skipped.

Probably because they were focusing on the other bigger releases first, especially for the west, and it's very likely they don't have a sizeable porting team. They'll come eventually, probably not too far away since there's only so many more FFs that aren't on steam now.

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

jivjov posted:

Has there been any word on why Final Fantasy I and II haven't come to Steam yet?

I'd assume there's something about the mobile versions that makes them harder to port, since they use a different engine/whatever it is than all the rest that have been ported. Every other game has mostly unified start menus, menus, cloud save systems, graphics, etc. while 1 and 2 look completely different from top to bottom and lack various things. I think they and Chrono Trigger were the first Square games to get Android/iOS versions and they're the only ones that still only require old-rear end Android 2.2 from 2010, so it would make sense for them to be somehow old and busted and in need of a total rework.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Yunalesca should not be fought fair. Hunt one of every monster on the calm lands, get your far plane winds, create armor that makes you immune to death and boom a character of your choosing can solo the fight.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

By that point you probably have items lying around in your inventory that'll let you do Trio of 9999 with Rikku's Mix if you wanna kill Yunalesca in a couple of hits

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Barudak posted:

Yunalesca should not be fought fair. Hunt one of every monster on the calm lands, get your far plane winds, create armor that makes you immune to death and boom a character of your choosing can solo the fight.
That's silly, Yunalesca makes you immune to death.

IIRC, Yunalesca only hits one thing at a time except for :megadeath: So basically after she starts casting zombie, the only healing you should be doing is with phoenix downs or life. Won't win speed records like coming prepared with a mix but she literally can't party wipe.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Veib posted:

I'd assume there's something about the mobile versions that makes them harder to port, since they use a different engine/whatever it is than all the rest that have been ported. Every other game has mostly unified start menus, menus, cloud save systems, graphics, etc. while 1 and 2 look completely different from top to bottom and lack various things. I think they and Chrono Trigger were the first Square games to get Android/iOS versions and they're the only ones that still only require old-rear end Android 2.2 from 2010, so it would make sense for them to be somehow old and busted and in need of a total rework.
I'm kinda surprised they haven't just emulated Final Fantasy Origins and called it a day, honestly.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
A remake of Final Fantasy Dimensions, or hell, evne just porting it to Steam would be pretty interesting. Mostly so that more people can see how mediocre it is, but also because I don't like touchpad controls or interface so maybe if those things were done away with I'd like it marginally more.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
We should have been given the option to use pixel graphics in Dimensions. That's how it was originally!

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Armitage posted:

We should have been given the option to use pixel graphics in all of the butt-ugly phone ports. That's how it was originally!

But nope gotta have ugly upscales or lazy traces.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Dissidia is cool as hell and Duodecim added more cool as hell moves and characters but the assist system is perhaps the worst addition I've seen to a direct upgrade type sequel. Anything over 20 frames becomes completely unusable when the opponent can just own you from half the battlefield away with a brave assist.

If Arcade fixes that and the aerial dominance I will love it so much.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

turdbucket posted:

The worst part about X-2 was that lovely song puzzle just before fighting one of the final bosses, I died and didn't want to redo the puzzle so I just never finished the game.

I don't remember this

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

I'm not sure I'd be willing to buy FF I again unless it gave you the option of the classic spell charge system or the easier MP system.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

In Training posted:

I don't remember this

it's there, if you try to proceed without doing the puzzle you fight 170k HP guardians

You can eject them so I just solved it with falconry

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Sakurazuka posted:

I'm not excited I'm going to be really loving annoyed if the PC collection is the only one that gets JP audio and boosters after I bought two separate versions already.

What are boosters?

"Auto-save and 5 game boosters including high speed and no encounter modes."

Oh. That sounds rad, even if the game has built in no encounter selections. Could I get a "cutscene skip " game booster instead

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

why dont you just boost yourself through the fights if youre so put off by potentially having to look at your phone for 90 seconds if you fail

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

what phone

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Why don't you just disable all boss fights while you're at it. Hell, just skip through all the story just so you can say you beat the game! HOW ABOUT CUTTING OUT THE MIDDLE MAN ENTIRELY AND NOT HAVE CHARACTERS TO PLAY AS AT ALL. WHY EVEN loving MAKE THE GAME AT ALL HUH, AM I RIGHT FELLOWS?!?!?!?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

No

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Gologle posted:

Why don't you just disable all boss fights while you're at it. Hell, just skip through all the story just so you can say you beat the game! HOW ABOUT CUTTING OUT THE MIDDLE MAN ENTIRELY AND NOT HAVE CHARACTERS TO PLAY AS AT ALL. WHY EVEN loving MAKE THE GAME AT ALL HUH, AM I RIGHT FELLOWS?!?!?!?

Shut up

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

zedprime posted:

That's silly, Yunalesca makes you immune to death.

IIRC, Yunalesca only hits one thing at a time except for :megadeath: So basically after she starts casting zombie, the only healing you should be doing is with phoenix downs or life. Won't win speed records like coming prepared with a mix but she literally can't party wipe.

She had Mind Blast, which hits the whole party with a chance of Confuse/Curse.

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA

voltcatfish posted:

What are boosters?

"Auto-save and 5 game boosters including high speed and no encounter modes."

Oh. That sounds rad, even if the game has built in no encounter selections. Could I get a "cutscene skip " game booster instead

high speed your way through the cutscenes fool

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Gologle posted:

Why even have, like, people, man? You know?

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Mega64 posted:

Why even have, like, people, man? You know?

We're all the same pulsating beam of energy sharing everything through linked consciousness...

That's why Square is happy to announce Lifestream Snowboarding for iOS and Android! Please look forward to it.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Square Enix casual garbage pandering to the majority. RPGS niche market gone, sale value roof price ceiling. Booster trash, don't buy, no why.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

ApplesandOranges posted:

She had Mind Blast, which hits the whole party with a chance of Confuse/Curse.
Oh, right, felt like I was forgetting something. But if you have confuse immunity, point stands that she can't actually kill a party with a stack of phoenix down, and iirc its a pretty common immunity on accessories.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm kinda surprised X/X-2 has boosters. Tacit admission of the fact that PC gamers are cheating babies compared to their smarter, more attractive console gamer counterparts?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
I thought the cheats were added in the PS4 version.