Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Saoshyant posted:

Dashboard!

Store!

Booth babes!

It even does VR!
That is a really sad piece of technology to look at.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
I'm going to be sad when the Overwatch beta ends, but I'm going to have a long weekend right after it launches so I'm looking forward to playing a lot of it at release. I appreciate that the game tells you during the "choose your hero" menu what the party composition is like, and where you might be missing a piece (no support heroes, or too many offense heroes). I haven't found a character that I absolutely hate so I usually just bounce around from match to match, or pick whatever the game defaults the selection too.

My team mates, on the other hand, are usually loving retarded. I've been in parties with 2 Reapers and 2 Pharaohs where we can't make any progress because 2/3s of the team are squishy damage dealers, or matches where there are multiple Reinharts shielding to little effect. There's no reason to pick a character that's already on your team, and seeing someone change characters to whoever I'm playing as is just mind-bogglingly stupid. It cuts the other way, too. Once I was on the attacking side and the enemy team had 5 Torbs set up turrets on the second point. My team kept running in and being summarily slaughtered, then I changed to Widowmaker and decimated their Torbs and turrets from a safe distance. Probably the easiest kills I've gotten with her, since I could just shoot into the red mass of dwarves and machines and kill something.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
It has less to do with good party comps and more to do with not being able to communicate in my experience.

I had a group of 4 I was playing with last night and we managed to win a payload game with 5 Reinhardts and a soldier 76. Simply being able to talk to one another gives you a massive leg up.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

LawfulWaffle posted:

My team mates, on the other hand, are usually loving retarded. I've been in parties with 2 Reapers and 2 Pharaohs where we can't make any progress because 2/3s of the team are squishy damage dealers, or matches where there are multiple Reinharts shielding to little effect. There's no reason to pick a character that's already on your team, and seeing someone change characters to whoever I'm playing as is just mind-bogglingly stupid. It cuts the other way, too. Once I was on the attacking side and the enemy team had 5 Torbs set up turrets on the second point. My team kept running in and being summarily slaughtered, then I changed to Widowmaker and decimated their Torbs and turrets from a safe distance. Probably the easiest kills I've gotten with her, since I could just shoot into the red mass of dwarves and machines and kill something.

Turrets are pretty easy to deal with when it comes to Torb. It's Bastion that gets iffy if he is supported well. It's tough to aim that 1-shot arrow when 76, Tracer, and Junkrat are firing at you. Generally I try to do a Reaper teleport behind or Genji parry all his bullets to death.

Stux posted:

8bs dont post here again after ur probie is up thanks ur a piece of poo poo.

not saying he shouldn't be probated but lol dude you have 100 loving probations, maybe don't throw stones on your first day back

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Wait, 8BS registered in loving 2016? Jesus Christ.

Is he like a re-reg, or has he really only been around for like 4 months?

edit: that makes sense

Snak fucked around with this message at 15:47 on May 10, 2016

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
He's a re-reg

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

PantsBandit posted:

It has less to do with good party comps and more to do with not being able to communicate in my experience.

I had a group of 4 I was playing with last night and we managed to win a payload game with 5 Reinhardts and a soldier 76. Simply being able to talk to one another gives you a massive leg up.

This is probably a good point, but I'm the only one I know playing it on PS4, and the party chat is... not good. I was looking into the Discord server but I'm not sure if that's more for PC gamers or what. I figure that when the game releases there'll be a better way to organize parties on the forums or something.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Well it turns out the wall socket I plugged the thing into was a dud, because I plugged the computer into the surge protector and it turned on just fine. Now the problem is my monitor won't pick it no matter which HDMI thing I plug it into. Just one thing after another.

e: Nevermind, monitor picks it up from the graphics card HDMI

Level Slide fucked around with this message at 16:17 on May 10, 2016

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

precision posted:

Stellaris looked cool until I looked closer

my god, it's full of furries :yikes:

god youre such a loving worthless poster

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Is there any semi-coherent reason people seem to be so mad at the new CoD game reveal? Or is it just another day on the internet?

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Golden Goat posted:

It's the Chinese Ouya. but i'm sure they're also taking design cues straight from the Japanese Ouya.
Isn't this like the 8th Chinese Ouya at this point?

a kitten posted:

Is there any semi-coherent reason people seem to be so mad at the new CoD game reveal? Or is it just another day on the internet?
Activision is forcing codfans to buy it to get the COD4 remaster that they really want

Assepoester fucked around with this message at 16:33 on May 10, 2016

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

a kitten posted:

Just another day on the internet.

You know, where people are mad that they just churn out tiny variations of the same game every year, unless they actually change something and then "that's not what X is about!"

Like how the biggest problem with Star Fox Zero is apparently that it's too much like the Star Fox that everyone wanted it to be. The biggest problem with the new CoD is that it's NOT ENOUGH LIKE THE LAST 20 CoDs. I think. I don't know I don't give a poo poo. I'm busy playing ps2 games on my ps4.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

a kitten posted:

I think it's the fact that they announced a remaster of Modern Warfare (something people apparently really wanted)... that you can only get by getting a deluxe version of the new CoD. (Maybe it's a timed exclusive? I'm not following it that closely.) People feel like they're being pushed to buy a game they don't want to get a game they do? I think?

I mean that's a valid complaint if that's what it's about, I suppose.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

the new cod looks fun to me

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

a kitten posted:

We've gotten to the insanely sad period of time where people are going to be openly nostalgic for modern military shooters.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

theres definite problems with stellaris but it's still pretty neat imho

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

corn in the bible posted:

the new cod looks fun to me

COD got good when they added lasers and jet packs and I've enjoyed the recent ones a lot

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

I'm nostalgic for good games and Modern Warfare was a Very Good Game.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

PantsBandit posted:

Yeah it was rad, but we didn't need 10 years of it.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

The power of anime

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

a kitten posted:

I love upcoming games threads when the price point is revealed and people become terribly upset and offended that Things Cost Money. Like even if the game costs the same as everything else people will still lose their poo poo that it's not totally free out of the kindness of the dev's hearts lol.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

PantsBandit posted:

When MW released it was legit innovative and also had an anti-war sentiment to it instead of the action movie carnage of the later ones.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

exquisite tea posted:

I love upcoming games threads when the price point is revealed and people become terribly upset and offended that Things Cost Money. Like even if the game costs the same as everything else people will still lose their poo poo that it's not totally free out of the kindness of the dev's hearts lol.

Infinite Warfare costs $20 more than everything else, though. Didn't another high-profile FPS set the $60 standard already? It may cause another round of price hikes as everyone follows the leader if they can get away with it.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Ah, i see (more or less). I guess i can see people being annoyed if that's the only way to get the updated Modern Warfare, not worst rating on youtube or whatever kind of annoyed, but i can see it being a bit of a bummer.

Anyway, i'm looking forward to hearing more about Battlefield 1 because i naively hope it will be like BF1942.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I thought the biggest problem people had with SFZ was the controls.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
I don't know people are getting upset about the new COD because it's sci-fi since it's been that way since Black Ops 2 and those trailers didn't get the same response. Maybe it's got something to do with the lovely Bowie cover?

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

MinibarMatchman posted:

not saying he shouldn't be probated but lol dude you have 100 loving probations, maybe don't throw stones on your first day back

gently caress u idiot

a kitten posted:

people who dont even play cod hate cod a lot, news at 10

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

The existence of COD is why fine games such as El Shaddai must eat dirt. [/rear end in a top hat]

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Remaster COD 2 and maybe I'll be interested.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

never forgert

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

I don't mind CoD and I think I'd probably enjoy one of the newer ones if I were to try them (haven't played since MW2). That said, Battlefield 4 gave me a far better experience than CoD ever did and I don't need more than one war shooter in my life.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Battlefield and COD are pretty different

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

yeah modern cod is like cs crossed with quake.

bf is just battlefield aka baddlefield aka suck bad poo poo game for bads

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
I really liked Battlefield 2.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Snak posted:

I really liked Battlefield 2.

its bad

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Stux posted:

its bad

I mean yeah, I used to snipe as the assault class, and I could headshot enemy snipers out past where they would actually pop in, because I knew where they were camping.

So yeah maybe it was a bad game.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

PantsBandit posted:

I don't mind CoD and I think I'd probably enjoy one of the newer ones if I were to try them (haven't played since MW2). That said, Battlefield 4 gave me a far better experience than CoD ever did and I don't need more than one war shooter in my life.
Did you know that Black Ops 3 has a competitive parkour mode?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_uHMl8swO0

You can do all of those moves in the regular game too.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Stux is very good at cod fo reals

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

a kitten posted:

Ah, i see (more or less). I guess i can see people being annoyed if that's the only way to get the updated Modern Warfare, not worst rating on youtube or whatever kind of annoyed, but i can see it being a bit of a bummer.

Mordja posted:

I don't know people are getting upset about the new COD because it's sci-fi since it's been that way since Black Ops 2 and those trailers didn't get the same response. Maybe it's got something to do with the lovely Bowie cover?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9Gq335Pnv8

Assepoester fucked around with this message at 17:26 on May 10, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

corn in the bible posted:

theres definite problems with stellaris but it's still pretty neat imho

Are they normal Paradox release issues that will be fixed per usual?

• Locked thread